• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Unrealistic Changes to Characters

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
...Didn't they already do the latter? Seriously, Witch Time is a terrible move in Ultimate; the slowdown is too short-lasting to accomplish anything with.

Um... no. I can't approve of dramatically boosting Kirby and King Dedede's air speeds to among the best in the game. You're a big Kirby fan — you should know full well that unless you have an ability that specifically enhances hovering/flying, such as Wing or Beetle, Kirby always, always is rather sluggish while flying (and the same applies to King Dedede); his mobility is much better when running, climbing, or just jumping. Now, why Meta Knight has atrocious air speed in Smash is a mystery to me, since he always is able to fly around at high speeds in Kirby games. My best guess as to why Meta Knight's held back in that regard is to allow Jigglypuff to be better than him at something.

...Would Ness still be able to hit himself with PK Thunder to launch himself at enemies for massive damage and knockback, and would there be some sort of cap on this so he doesn't have a literally infinite recovery distance capacity?
No cap, PK Thunder would be the same

~?~

The Strangest Link Main
I would like to not fall off the stage for wisely using up special out of shield with link. Can't tell you how many times link up special downward instead of in place like a normal character.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
After reading Yoshi's frame data, I'd say reduce how much start-up lag his attacks have. Yoshi's weight may be above average, but his offense looks more comparable to that of a lightweight, and he shouldn't have to suffer from the frame data flaws that a lot of the other heavies tend to suffer from. Of course, some attacks would still need to have a longer start-up duration than others, such as the f-smash, f-air, and d-air.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
Make it to where the Satan-damned clones are completely unique (And don't reuse anymore assets from other fighters)!

Get rid of Toon Link (He doesn't need to be there) and keep Young (GIVE HIM THE ****ING MASK TRANSFORMATIONS FROM MAJORAS MASK FOR ****'S SAKE)!!!!!!!!!

Get of Dr. Mario, Pichu, and Satan damned Dank Pit!!!!!!

And get a new Director to redesign everything (Given that Sakurai has fully shown us that he's lazy and truly not capable of doing anything unique or interesting)!

Plain and simple!

Last edited:

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
You realize that if those characters weren't in the game, it would be the same roster but without those characters, right? They didn't take anyone's place?

I suppose the cumulative effort that went into all of them combined might be worth one original character. Maybe that's why we haven't got Tingle.

Ice-N-Space

Smash Apprentice
:4peach: Remove toad from her grabs and replace them with her grabs from Smash Wii U / 3DS.

:4peach: Have Peach attack rump first when coming up from the ledge.

:4peach: Peach gets a charge attack that uses her rump.

:4mario: Have his smash ball attack be base off Mario Dance Mix.

:4pit: Now has the angel bow as his B move.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Change Ganondorf and Link to their Smash 4 animations, and Bowser to his Melee animations.

They were just more fun back then.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I'd split Pokemon Trainer into 3 separate characters and just give every Pokemon besides Mewtwo a background trainer.

I'd replace Ganondorf with his Hyrule Warriors trident-wielding version, with a completely new, non-Captain Falcon-based moveset.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
If people don't want :ultganondorf: to be a :ultfalcon: clone, how about changing Captain Falcon a bit.

A small change, but Captain Falcon would use his pistol for his up throw, that way, Ganondorf would feel less of a clone, even if he is already less of a clone, since he uses his OP Sword for Smash Attacks.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Squirtle & Ivysaur are replaced with Wartortle & Bulbasaur.

Alias Tex

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-3796-7058-8396
As of today, this is essentially my character changes/additions wish-list for if ever we get a new Smash game. There are some other things too like a little mac redesign and nerfs to Wolf's Blaster and Peach's float, but I would rather focus on the more simple and constructive changes.

First, some good ideas that other people had that I have to include on my list:
:ultfalco: UpB: firebird gets replaced by thunder bird. visual change only.
:ultbowserjr: - give him a Peach-like hover. He's in a literal HOVER CAR, for Pete's sake.
:ultbowser:(a Dry Bowser alt would also be cool for Bowser, but I'm not picky)
Now for my changes:

:ultfalco: - Falco's side-B would travel a somewhat reduced immediate distance but would have slightly less end lag and would keep most of his horizontal momentum if used while airborn. Falco has a problem with advancing horizontally and so I think this would be a really fun movement option. Additionally, right now Falco's up-B is objectively just Fox's but worse. Now that we are changing it to thunderbird, how about we rework it slightly? Falco's Thunderbird charges for up to 3 seconds as long as the user is holding B. Upon release, Thunderbird travels at whichever angle the user selects (as it is right now) but at a distance proportionate to the charge time. At no charge, the distance is slightly shorter than wolf's up-B; at full charge, Falco can travel 1.5x farther than Fox. The rate of distance increase is linear.

:ultbowserjr: - Allow his cannon (neutral B) to be aimed at 8 angles all around him.

:ultjigglypuff: - Replace Rollout (neutral B) with "Bounce." Jigglypuff spins and floats upwards (similar to Sonic's Homing Attack) until the user flicks the movement stick in any direction. Jigglypuff is flung at the exact angle that the user inputs, flying through the air and bouncing off of whatever character or surface that she collides with just as a rubber ball would. Characters that are hit are dealt light damage and knocked a ways back in the opposite direction. This can thus be used as a recovery or gimping tool.

:ultincineroar: - Revenge is a welcome part of Incineroar's kit, but doesn't synergize well with his low speed, leading to the possibility of a revenge boost getting camped out. Thus, the fires of Revenge should fuel Incineroar's advance, increasing his ground and air speed by, say, 50%.

:ultmewtwo: - Allow Mewtwo to act out of teleport and fix the minor anomalies with Mewtwo's tail entering the Z-axis at strange times during his movement. A lot of people, myself included, feel like the tail hurtbox really messes with Mewtwo and thus want it reduced, but I would settle for them giving him some armor on a small section on the tip of his tail hurtbox during his tail attacks. Perhaps this is my Mewtwo-main bias, but I would also like to see Confusion (side-B) be made into an effect that lingers for a few seconds and slowly drifts forward, reflecting any projectile that run into it and dealing minor damage and knockback to characters who run into it. When its time runs out, it collapses and cannot be replaced until it fades out. I think it would be really fun to use but might be too much balance wise.

:ultsheik: - Alter the knockback angles on most of her attacks so that they naturally send opponents more horizontally towards the edges of the stage or set up well for edge guards. Give her DI mixups off of her throws to increase her grab punishes, and maybe include a good kill setup for ~140% and up.

:ulticeclimbers: - Make Nana fully controllable during a grab so that you can smash your opponent instead of throwing them. Just don't bring back wobbling!

:ultgnw: - Switch Back Air and Forward Air. That way when G&W retreats he can drop bombs behind him and when he approaches he can attack in front of him.

:ultmetaknight: - Dramatic airspeed increase. Meta knight has to work hard for his damage and his kills, so why not buff his movement options?

:ultpit: - Same treatment here. Pit has always been "too honest," so just give him something extra. Also give him 360 degrees of up-B angles because why not.

:ultivysaur: - Poor old ivysaur has to do all of the heavy lifting for Pokemon Trainer, so lets tweak him and Charizard a bit. Razor leaf is a bit too oppressive depending on the matchup, so instead of being fast and spammable it will now travel at an angle of the player's choice more slowly, lingering to control a small area and dealing more damage. Only one razor leaf can exist at a time. (For balance's sake, a better Charizard may require a nerfed advantage state for Ivysaur, but I don't necessarily want that.)

:ultcharizard: - And in return for depolarizing Razor Leaf, Charizard gets movement buffs! Increased ground and air speed, Forward Air auto-cancels after a short hop, Flare Blitz snaps to the ledge and Fly travells higher and has angles closer to Pit's current up-B. Now Charizard has the speed to press his advantage and can do an even better job of being a stock-tank.

:ultpokemontrainer: - While we are here, change Pokémon Trainer's stock icon to a Pokeball. It just makes more sense to me that way.

:ultdiddy: - The up-B nerf wasn't handled properly IMO. Right now Diddy can't muster up much vertical height, but that isn't fun. Instead, lets increase the charge time and vertical distance so that he is vulnerable for longer but the opponent has to earn that gimp.

:ultsonic: - I really like sonic in ultimate, but his difficulty in closing out stocks really hurts him. Changing two of his aerials would help, though: Up Air and Down Air. Make Up Air connect both hits consistently for starters. As for Down Air, landing the spike hitbox is specific and impractical, so make it spike during the entire travel time - and if it hits, let sonic 'pogo' upwards so that it isn't an SD. It's nothing huge, but it certainly is useful and stylish.

:ultgunner: - Just frame data buffs.

:ultrobin: - Let's make Elwind more versatile. Elwind now shoots and uses charges as long as B is held and doesn't put Robin into freefall. Also, make it possible to shoot Elwind upwards by aiming the movement stick down or sideways by holding completely sideways opposite to the desired direction. When used on the ground Robin isn't recoiled in a direction. It gives the move some more useful options if you are willing to risk falling to the charge mechanic.

:ultridley: - Another double jump, increased air speed and Fox-style up-B angles would make this character feel amazing. Also, I would like to see his size increased slightly in the next Smash game because why not. In fact, just keep gradually increasing it for each new Smash for the rest of time.

:ultpiranha: - The poor guy doesn't have a neutral, but I think that that is an easy fix - just make down-B's charge able to be cancelled with shield until he chooses to tip his pot over. The charge can be saved to instantly SNAP out later, and the move can be aimed more quickly and flexibly. If we want to do him even more favors then we can make him shrink down slightly into his pot while shielding, reducing his area and helping to force opponents to miss-space moves. If we are going all out, then Piranha Plant should automatically bite whenever someone tries to footstool him. But the one cosmetic change that I almost want more than any of the useful stuff is to make his ledge-holding animation him biting onto the ledge with his mouth. What is PP for if not to have trolling animations?

Last edited:

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
:ultdoc:
-Have Fair be short-hop auto cancel-able with the sour hits replaced by sweet hits.

It wouldn't even be overpowered and I know they would never do it for many reasons.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
:ultlink: - Change up-special to Revali's Gale. Daruk's protection animation for perfect shielding would also be neat.

:ultyounglink: - Give him a Majora'a Mask themed final smash.

:ulttoonlink: - Give him a hurricane spin for his up-special like in Wind Waker.

:ultdiddy: - 4 Diddy skins, 4 Dixie skins (since for some reason she isn't in the game).

:ultsquirtle: - Strengthen his up-special in damage and knockback. (Maybe this isn't so unrealistic actually...)

Last edited:

grizby2

Smash Lord
oh. I have one.
one for every character.

when the kill cam zooms in, have the person whos going to die.. ACTUALLY FREAKING DIE!

Quillion

Smash Hero
:ultlink: - Change up-special to Revali's Gale. Daruk's protection animation for perfect shielding would also be neat.
:ulttoonlink: - Give him a hurricane spin for his up-special like in Wind Waker.
Come to think of it, the Spin Attack would definitely work better as a D Smash for Link if he had that recovery. The hurricane spin makes more sense for Toon Link's up B, but they should make him able to move on the ground.

Alsyght

Smash Journeyman
Wii Fit gets a x2 buff on everything with Deep Breathing which last for 15 seconds and can recharge in 5. She gets a gun.

K Rool’s super armor never breaks and the Krown always returns no matter what. He gets gun too.

Dede gets heavy armor on all his moves, the Gordo is practically invincible. 10%+ is required. Inhale is immediate, and give him better airspeed and faster frame data.

BotW Link gets tether grab back and can pull two of his new bombs.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
:ultpeach::ultdaisy: - Free Toad
Give Peach Parry(the minion from her OWN game) and let him function like Wario's Chomp mechanic rather than a laggy counter.
Change Peach's throws to include using the vibe powers from her game. Anger at the very least is a fun visual for Peach with that super saiyan like aura.

Daisy has no real reason to even be associated with Toads. Give her a Crazy Dayzee instead which at least fits her plant theme or some of the desert dwellers from Mario Odyssey functioning in a similar role.

Either way, de-echo Daisy for the next game.

Strong agree that :ultbowserjr: should be able to hover too and not be totally worthless when out his craft. Needs a retooling.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
:ultrobin::
  • Remove female Robin as alternate costumes
    • 2nd palette swap is Hooded Robin
    • 4th palette swap is Robin in his Grandmaster attire
    • 6th palette swap is Hooded Robin with the color scheme of Kiran from Fire Emblem Heroes.
    • 8th palette swap is a Grima possessed Robin with a distorted voice and dark aura emanating from him
  • Bronze Sword is now quicker than the Levin Sword, with less startup frames and less endlag.
  • Make all of his tomes chargeable like Thunder.
    • Fire -> Elfire -> Arcfire -> Bolganone
    • Wind -> Elwind -> Arcwind -> Rexcalibur
    • Flux -> Nosferatu -> Mire -> Goetia
  • Give the Levin Sword's Smash Attacks a beam that shoots out, with damage, knockback and range increasing the longer the Smash attack was held.
    • As a drawback, the stronger the Smash attack, the more durability points it uses.
  • Let Robin cast his Wind tomes on the ground as regular tomes, i.e. in the manner of Thunder's.
  • Give Robin "Ignis" that functions similarly to Cloud's Limit Break, only with the exception that it cannot be manually charged.
    • Ignis boosts Robin's movement speed as well as damage and knockback output.
    • Using Ignis on a fully charged special transforms the tome into a regalia tome, which has devastating damage and knockback output, as well as massive range.
      • Thoron transforms into Mjölnir
      • Bolganone transforms into Valflame
      • Rexcalibur transforms into Forseti
      • Goetia transforms into Loptous
    • As a drawback, the tome instantly breaks no matter the current durability count and takes 1.5x as long to recharge.
  • Replace Chrom in Robin's Pair Up and victory animation with Morgan
    • Robin's default critical hit cut-in from Awakening is used alongside Morgan's
      • Robin shouts his four usual critical hit lines upon activation
        • "Time to tip the scales!"
        • "Here's how it's done!"
        • "Checkmate!"
        • "You're finished!"
      • Morgan shouts out her four usual critical hit lines upon successful hit
        • "Time to even the odds!"
        • "Amateur!"
        • "Checkmate!"
        • "This ends here!"
    • In this new victory animation with Morgan, she now runs up to Robin from offscreen and glomps him, with Morgan happily exclaiming "I knew you would win, Father!"

Davidk92

Smash Cadet
Unrealistic changes? So basically anything I want? Let's see...

:ultmario: - Combine his moveset with Dr. Mario's. And I'm probably the only person that says that not in the usual "hurr hurr get rid of doc" but rather because Dr. Mario I feel has a better, more straight forward moveset that lacks Mario's gimmicks (e.g. Mario Tornado, FLUDD). If anything, Doc should be the gimmicky one, NOT Mario. So use Doc's moveset to cover Mario's weakness and streamline it, and either make Doc a costume or revamp him appropriately. Also, give us back his Fire Mario alt, or at least make him BECOME Fire Mario while using his FS.

:ultlink: - Stop focusing on single games. Make Link a complete amalgamation of the Links over the ages, representing the entire series. I'd quite like to see him have a variety of arrows he can somehow switch between like normal, fire, ice, light/silver, and bombs.

:ultsamus: - Change her Down Special to Morph Ball mode; she remains in Morph Ball form to increase speed and shrink her hitbox, but is unable to attack outside of using Bombs. And for god's sake drop the Other M aesthetic.

:ultdarksamus: - Complete revamp, with a Phazon meter and Super form gimmick

:ultyoshi: - Give him Baby Mario. No change to his moveset, I just think it'd look cute. Plus it would make it clearer that Yoshi's reps his own series.

:ultkirby: - Nothing specific springs to mind. Maybe give him a bigger variety of Copy abilities in his moveset?

:ultfox: - Give him a James McCloud alt or Echo.

:ultluigi: - Give him a Mr. L alt, and at least one move based on Thunderhand.

:ultjigglypuff: - Needs more Fairy-type moves. No specific examples spring to mind, but give her moveset some more flair. Even a sparkly pink aura to some moves to bring the "Fairy-type" across would do.

:ultpeach: - Replace her parasol with Perry, and give her a FS based on Super Princess Peach. Also give her a Shadow Queen alt, maybe a wedding dress alt, and make the Toad's she summons visually based on the Toad guards from Paper Mario 64.

:ultdaisy: - Heavier differentiation from Peach to make her a semi-clone. Make her normals less delicate and more rough. Change her Fsmash from Peach's random golf club/tennis racquet/frying pan to a consistent baseball bat. Her turnips are replaced by Super Flowers, which rather than being thrown fire projectiles. Replace Blue Toad with a Pionpi. Make her FS summoning King Totomezu. Give her a sports shorts alt.

:ultbowser: - Give him a wedding alt, and Dry Bowser as either an alt or an Echo.

:ulticeclimbers: - Not Smash, but give us an Uprising-style Ice Climbers reboot. I think those two would kick ASS in a Metroidvania style exploration game.

:ultsheik: - I'd like to see her Harp implemented somehow, though I'm not exactly sure how. Aesthetically, return her to her original Ocarina of Time look.

:ultzelda: - Like Link, make her an amalgamation of Zeldas. Keep the cute aesthetic we have instead of going back to stoic and broody Zelda, but give her traits of all Zeldas. Specifically I'd like to see her using her rapier from Twilight Princess and Hyrule Warriors.

:ultdoc: - See Mario. For Doc's side I'd like to see the viruses implemented in some way, for a FS at the very least.

:ultpichu: - Replace Skull Bash with Reversal. The higher Pichu's percentage, the more damage it does. Only works at extremely close range.

:ultfalco: - Give him his Sniper Rifle from Assault. Preferably for a revamped moveset, but even just replacing B would be good. I also liked the Thunder Bird idea mentioned earlier in the topic.

:ultmarth::ultroy::ultchrom::ultike::ultrobin::ultcorrin: - I know zilch about Fire Emblem so I'll skip these guys.

:ultlucina: - See above, but also give her a masked alt.

:ultyounglink: - If nothing else, at least give Young Link a Fierce Diety FS. Aesthetically, give him the Razor Sword and Mirror Shield from Majora's Mask too, but otherwise his moveset can remain the same. Maybe drop the Fire Arrows if Link gets the arrow switch mechanic.

:ultganondorf: - Ganondorf is a mixed bag for me. I used to be part of the "Ganonsword" crowd until sometime before 4, but I do have to say in Ultimate it's the first time I really felt like I was playing as GANONDORF and not Falcon's overweight elderly uncle. I'd say continue to differentiate Ganondorf, not necessarily through free-flight and projectiles as a lot of people demand, but by just building on the "overwhelming strength" aspect. Projectiles would only mess up his entire playstyle balance UNLESS it was something similar to Piccolo's Homing Shot from Fighterz. Not really about Ganondorf himself but I'd also like to see Phantom Ganon added with Ganondorf's melee moveset and Pig Ganon with his trident.

:ultmewtwo: - After Ganondorf, Mewtwo feels almost disappointing. I can't give specific examples, but I feel he needs to be worked towards to have the same "you're playing as an imposing villain" vibe that Ganondorf has.

:ultwario: - Give him more focus on Wario LAND over WarioWARE. I know that's like commanding the tides to stop with Sakurai but come on.

:ultsonic: - Replace his side special with Sonic Drive from Sonic Battle. For those unfamiliar, Sonic throws a non-damaging ring when it's used, then when it's used again he spin-dashes/light dashes towards it. And for god's sake give him some ACTUAL alts instead of tints.

:ultrob: - A new FS for R.O.B. where he combines with previous Nintendo consoles and either becomes a giant robot, or becomes an enormous cannon. Just a goofy idea I think would be cool.

:ulttoonlink: - Change his FS to reference Four Swords. Keep it as Triforce Slash if you want, but at least summon the other three Links to perform it at the same time.

:ultwolf: - Same deal as Falco, give him a new weapon to further differentiate him. His signature weapon in Assault was a machine gun, but to suit his characterisation in Smash I think a plasma cannon or grenade launcher would be better.

:ultpacman: - Just like Sonic, give him some better alts. And Mrs. Pac-Man as either an alt or an Echo.

:ultbowserjr: - This might be a controversial one, but I say split Jr. and the Koopalings entirely. Koopalings can keep the clown car and their current moveset, while Jr. now fights outside it, and has an old Zelda/Sheik style mechanic where he becomes Paper Mario.

:ultcloud: - Give him some Materia and let him use elemental magic. Also, Miss Cloud alt.

:ultryu: - Evil Ryu alt. Come on.

:ultkrool: - Kaptain K. Rool alt. Come the hell on.

And finally, all Pokemon that don't already have a Shiny alt - COME THE GODDAMN HELL ON.

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
:ultganondorf: - Ganondorf is a mixed bag for me. I used to be part of the "Ganonsword" crowd until sometime before 4, but I do have to say in Ultimate it's the first time I really felt like I was playing as GANONDORF and not Falcon's overweight elderly uncle. I'd say continue to differentiate Ganondorf, not necessarily through free-flight and projectiles as a lot of people demand, but by just building on the "overwhelming strength" aspect. Projectiles would only mess up his entire playstyle balance UNLESS it was something similar to Piccolo's Homing Shot from Fighterz.
He honestly needs to be returned to his awesome elbow strikes and kicking. No more sword.

Alternatively, make "sword draw" a taunt or Shield-B transformation. Gives him some different normals while preserving the (completely and objectively better, in my opinion /joke) brawling.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Unrealistic changes? So basically anything I want? Let's see...

:ultmario: - Combine his moveset with Dr. Mario's. And I'm probably the only person that says that not in the usual "hurr hurr get rid of doc" but rather because Dr. Mario I feel has a better, more straight forward moveset that lacks Mario's gimmicks (e.g. Mario Tornado, FLUDD). If anything, Doc should be the gimmicky one, NOT Mario. So use Doc's moveset to cover Mario's weakness and streamline it, and either make Doc a costume or revamp him appropriately. Also, give us back his Fire Mario alt, or at least make him BECOME Fire Mario while using his FS.

:ultlink: - Stop focusing on single games. Make Link a complete amalgamation of the Links over the ages, representing the entire series. I'd quite like to see him have a variety of arrows he can somehow switch between like normal, fire, ice, light/silver, and bombs.

:ultsamus: - Change her Down Special to Morph Ball mode; she remains in Morph Ball form to increase speed and shrink her hitbox, but is unable to attack outside of using Bombs. And for god's sake drop the Other M aesthetic.

:ultdarksamus: - Complete revamp, with a Phazon meter and Super form gimmick

:ultyoshi: - Give him Baby Mario. No change to his moveset, I just think it'd look cute. Plus it would make it clearer that Yoshi's reps his own series.

:ultkirby: - Nothing specific springs to mind. Maybe give him a bigger variety of Copy abilities in his moveset?

:ultfox: - Give him a James McCloud alt or Echo.

:ultluigi: - Give him a Mr. L alt, and at least one move based on Thunderhand.

:ultjigglypuff: - Needs more Fairy-type moves. No specific examples spring to mind, but give her moveset some more flair. Even a sparkly pink aura to some moves to bring the "Fairy-type" across would do.

:ultpeach: - Replace her parasol with Perry, and give her a FS based on Super Princess Peach. Also give her a Shadow Queen alt, maybe a wedding dress alt, and make the Toad's she summons visually based on the Toad guards from Paper Mario 64.

:ultdaisy: - Heavier differentiation from Peach to make her a semi-clone. Make her normals less delicate and more rough. Change her Fsmash from Peach's random golf club/tennis racquet/frying pan to a consistent baseball bat. Her turnips are replaced by Super Flowers, which rather than being thrown fire projectiles. Replace Blue Toad with a Pionpi. Make her FS summoning King Totomezu. Give her a sports shorts alt.

:ultbowser: - Give him a wedding alt, and Dry Bowser as either an alt or an Echo.

:ulticeclimbers: - Not Smash, but give us an Uprising-style Ice Climbers reboot. I think those two would kick *** in a Metroidvania style exploration game.

:ultsheik: - I'd like to see her Harp implemented somehow, though I'm not exactly sure how. Aesthetically, return her to her original Ocarina of Time look.

:ultzelda: - Like Link, make her an amalgamation of Zeldas. Keep the cute aesthetic we have instead of going back to stoic and broody Zelda, but give her traits of all Zeldas. Specifically I'd like to see her using her rapier from Twilight Princess and Hyrule Warriors.

:ultdoc: - See Mario. For Doc's side I'd like to see the viruses implemented in some way, for a FS at the very least.

:ultpichu: - Replace Skull Bash with Reversal. The higher Pichu's percentage, the more damage it does. Only works at extremely close range.

:ultfalco: - Give him his Sniper Rifle from Assault. Preferably for a revamped moveset, but even just replacing B would be good. I also liked the Thunder Bird idea mentioned earlier in the topic.

:ultmarth::ultroy::ultchrom::ultike::ultrobin::ultcorrin: - I know zilch about Fire Emblem so I'll skip these guys.

:ultlucina: - See above, but also give her a masked alt.

:ultyounglink: - If nothing else, at least give Young Link a Fierce Diety FS. Aesthetically, give him the Razor Sword and Mirror Shield from Majora's Mask too, but otherwise his moveset can remain the same. Maybe drop the Fire Arrows if Link gets the arrow switch mechanic.

:ultganondorf: - Ganondorf is a mixed bag for me. I used to be part of the "Ganonsword" crowd until sometime before 4, but I do have to say in Ultimate it's the first time I really felt like I was playing as GANONDORF and not Falcon's overweight elderly uncle. I'd say continue to differentiate Ganondorf, not necessarily through free-flight and projectiles as a lot of people demand, but by just building on the "overwhelming strength" aspect. Projectiles would only mess up his entire playstyle balance UNLESS it was something similar to Piccolo's Homing Shot from Fighterz. Not really about Ganondorf himself but I'd also like to see Phantom Ganon added with Ganondorf's melee moveset and Pig Ganon with his trident.

:ultmewtwo: - After Ganondorf, Mewtwo feels almost disappointing. I can't give specific examples, but I feel he needs to be worked towards to have the same "you're playing as an imposing villain" vibe that Ganondorf has.

:ultwario: - Give him more focus on Wario LAND over WarioWARE. I know that's like commanding the tides to stop with Sakurai but come on.

:ultsonic: - Replace his side special with Sonic Drive from Sonic Battle. For those unfamiliar, Sonic throws a non-damaging ring when it's used, then when it's used again he spin-dashes/light dashes towards it. And for god's sake give him some ACTUAL alts instead of tints.

:ultrob: - A new FS for R.O.B. where he combines with previous Nintendo consoles and either becomes a giant robot, or becomes an enormous cannon. Just a goofy idea I think would be cool.

:ulttoonlink: - Change his FS to reference Four Swords. Keep it as Triforce Slash if you want, but at least summon the other three Links to perform it at the same time.

:ultwolf: - Same deal as Falco, give him a new weapon to further differentiate him. His signature weapon in Assault was a machine gun, but to suit his characterisation in Smash I think a plasma cannon or grenade launcher would be better.

:ultpacman: - Just like Sonic, give him some better alts. And Mrs. Pac-Man as either an alt or an Echo.

:ultbowserjr: - This might be a controversial one, but I say split Jr. and the Koopalings entirely. Koopalings can keep the clown car and their current moveset, while Jr. now fights outside it, and has an old Zelda/Sheik style mechanic where he becomes Paper Mario.

:ultcloud: - Give him some Materia and let him use elemental magic. Also, Miss Cloud alt.

:ultryu: - Evil Ryu alt. Come on.

:ultkrool: - Kaptain K. Rool alt. Come the hell on.

And finally, all Pokemon that don't already have a Shiny alt - COME THE GODDAMN HELL ON.
I Agree with having Mr.L as Luigi's alternate costume, both Dry Bowser and Wedding Bowser as Bowser's Alternate costumes, Kaptain K.Rool as King K.Rool's alternate costume, and Wedding Peach and Shadow Queen as Peaches alternate costumes, as well as a few other things.

I would also like to see Mario and Luigi RPG costumes for both Mario and Luigi, Detective Pikachu costume and Ancient Minister costume (for R.O.B)

D

Deleted member

Give Mr. Game & Watch his Smash 4 moveset.

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I Agree with having Mr.L as Luigi's alternate costume, both Dry Bowser and Wedding Bowser as Bowser's Alternate costumes, Kaptain K.Rool as King K.Rool's alternate costume, and Wedding Peach and Shadow Queen as Peaches alternate costumes, as well as a few other things.

I would also like to see Mario and Luigi RPG costumes for both Mario and Luigi, Detective Pikachu costume and Ancient Minister costume (for R.O.B)
I can't see Ancient Minister outfit bon R.O.B. while fighting, moves like up smash or Arm Rotor wouldn't fit the design at all.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
More alternate costumes (instead of alternate skins) on the whole would be lovely. I loved that about Hyrule Warriors - it was the same character models, but dressed as various incarnations (Ocarina Dorf, Wind Waker Dorf...).

It'd be a lot of modeling work, though. I understand why they didn't do it, it's just kind of a disappointment after being spoiled by another game.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Why? Just for Captain Toad?

In any case, Toadsworth would work much better.
Partially, although I'd also like to free Tom Nook from Villager and Isabelle and change Robin's Final Smash to something other than Chrom too.

Not really a big fan of forcing a character with even a reasonable sized fanbase to be stuck as someone else's moveset in general. It's a weird 'almost playable limbo' that most people seem to gloss over as a good thing unlike the assist trophies.
Wasn't happy when Chrom was stuck as Robin's Final Smash either, and his reveal was one of my favourites.

Aside from freeing Toad from that eternal damnation though, I do think it kind of sucks Peach's one adventure where she gets to be protagonist isn't represented at all. Parry could just be a visual change to her parasol, and that would be fine.

And no, Parry doesn't have a big enough fanbase for me to consider his suggested inclusion as me being a hypocrite before anyone tries to call me out on that :p

As for Daisy... Toad just doesn't even have anything to do with her really. Please give her either her own servants or come up with something else.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
As I understand, blue Toads have been shown alongside Daisy in at least a couple games, yes? That's more to do with her than turnips or floating.

Davidk92

Smash Cadet
As I understand, blue Toads have been shown alongside Daisy in at least a couple games, yes? That's more to do with her than turnips or floating.
What ones? Smash was the first I'd ever seen them affiliated with one another.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
I dunno, I'd just heard that. I haven't played any of the sports games. My point was more that there are multiple things about Daisy that are taken from Peach and have never been associated with Daisy, and it would be kind of pointless to change one of you're not going to change all of them.

If we went with the Dayzee route... you guys remember the Bubble Toad ability from Smash 4? That was the only one to arguably compete with base Toad, and since Dayzees are known for blowing bubbles, that could be a neat replacement. It was a counter that put opponents to sleep for a length of time based on the incoming damage (or just dealt knockback if used in the air). I'd also like her to get a different projectile than turnips and nix the floating entirely in exchange for some damage buffs. That's my ideal Daisy.

Davidk92

Smash Cadet
I dunno, I'd just heard that. I haven't played any of the sports games. My point was more that there are multiple things about Daisy that are taken from Peach and have never been associated with Daisy, and it would be kind of pointless to change one of you're not going to change all of them.

If we went with the Dayzee route... you guys remember the Bubble Toad ability from Smash 4? That was the only one to arguably compete with base Toad, and since Dayzees are known for blowing bubbles, that could be a neat replacement. It was a counter that put opponents to sleep for a length of time based on the incoming damage (or just dealt knockback if used in the air). I'd also like her to get a different projectile than turnips and nix the floating entirely in exchange for some damage buffs. That's my ideal Daisy.
Well to be fair my ideal Daisy WOULD change a lot of those things, but I see your point.

I won't lie, I'm not fond of the idea of a Dayzee counter (just because of flowers?) but the idea of her counter putting the opponent to sleep is pretty cool.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
I mean, we know Daisy is a princess and thus has vassals. We've just never seen them, apart from those games where they may or may not have been blue Toads. I think taking away the "minion protect" move from her while Peach still has it would be weirder than just picking a minion and sticking with it for her.

Last edited:

Davidk92

Smash Cadet
I mean, we know Daisy is a princess and thus has vassals. We've just never seen them, apart from those games where they may or may not have been blue Toads. I think taking away the "minion protect" move from her while Peach still has it would be weirder than just picking a minion and sticking with it for her.
Did you even read what I said about Daisy, or are you just projecting your argument onto me?

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
Have Toon Link's final smash drop the King or Red Lions on top of the fighter. Or the KoR zips by like CF racecar and then the opponent lands in the ocean to see a PO'ed KoR and TL sailing/charging straight towards them.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Did you even read what I said about Daisy, or are you just projecting your argument onto me?
I guess I assumed you were suggesting her countering by herself and not having any kind of other character at all, since you didn't suggest a replacement for Toad/Dayzee. What are you picturing?

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
:ultlink:~I'd really like to see the weapon system from Breath of the Wild be implemented as Link's gimmick. Here's the way I'd see it working;
While Link would still have the same moves as he did when he wielded the Master Sword in previous Smash Bros. titles, Link would start with battle equipped with one of ten weapons. Each weapon has different stats and different levels of durability, meaning after a certain amount of damage has been dealt with the aforesaid weapon, it will break and Link will have to adopt another weapon. Link can choose another weapon by activating a menu that contains the other eight weapons, leaving Link free to choose whatever weapon he pleases. This menu can be activated similarly to how Inkling fills its ink tank, by pressing the special button while shielding. These weapons include;
TRAVELER'S SWORD: Decent damage output and decent durability. Link will start the battle with a Traveler's Sword 45% of the time.
FLAMEBLADE: High damage output and average durability. Deals fire damage on contact. However, after six consecutive attacks, the blade's fire power will be exhausted and will act as a Traveler's Sword until it breaks. Link will start the battle with a Flameblade 5% of the time.
FROSTBLADE: Average damage output and decent durability. Deals freezing damage on contact. However, any heat or fire-related attack will automatically shatter the Frostblade. Link will start the battle with a Frostblade 5% of the time.
THUNDERBLADE: Average damage output and decent durability. Deals electric damage on contact. However, after a certain amount of damage has been dealt with the Thunderblade, the sheath of the sword falls off, dealing 2% recoil damage to Link whenever he swings the Thunderblade. Link will start the battle with a Thunderblade 5% of the time.
SPIKED BOKO CLUB: Great damage output with low durability. Link will start the battle with a Spiked Boko Club 10% of the time.
SPRINGLOADED HAMMER: Low damage output with decent durability. However, knockback is higher than any other weapon. Link will start the battle with a Springloaded Hammer 10% of the time.
WOODCUTTER'S AXE: High damage output with low durability. Link will start the battle with a Woodcutter's Axe 10% of the time (And yes to the nine of you asking, Link can cut down Villager's tree with the Woodcutter's Axe)
VICIOUS SICKLE: Highest damage output of any weapon with the lowest durability of any weapon. Its range also leaves something to be desired. Link will start the battle with a Vicious Sickle 5% of the time.
KOROK LEAF: Low damage output and low durability. however, swinging the Korok Leaf will create a huge windbox that pushes opponents back 1/2 of Final Destination. Link will start the battle with a Korok Leaf 5% of the time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That's it for now. I might update this post with ideas for updating Wario later, so stay tuned!

Last edited:

Davidk92

Smash Cadet
I guess I assumed you were suggesting her countering by herself and not having any kind of other character at all, since you didn't suggest a replacement for Toad/Dayzee. What are you picturing?

Top Bottom