• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Unrealistic Changes to Characters

Swordmaster102

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordmaster102
Each of you have your favorite characters. Some changes may come about them through balance patches, but major changes like a complete overhaul of one move is quite unrealistic.
If you could make any change to your character, no matter how improbable (or ridiculous), what would it be?

I’ll go ahead and give my unrealistic changes for example:
:ultryu:: I know that Ryu is based off of Street Fighter 2, but I would like him to have an EX Bar. I don’t believe it would be ridiculous or overpowered since Ryu is not that great in Ultimate, and this would allow him to have EX tatsu, shoryu, and hadoken.
Not only that, but I would also like light forward tilt to be replaced with Solar plexus, and be able to back tilt for axe kick. I don’t know how this would work for matches with more than 2 players, but since Ryu faces his opponent in 1on1, it technically could be possible then.

:ultkirby:: I would also like Kirby’s hammer to be changed to his starrod so he could have a range attack. He would be able to swing it on the ground and in the air for example. Kirby struggles with characters who have superior range, and I believe this would benefit him.

Last edited:

Necro'lic

Smash Ace
Welcome to "Necro'lic's unrealistic wishes for Smash fighters, the series" XD

Mini-Redesign/Rebalance Threads

:ultmario: Mario

:ultdk: Donkey Kong

:ultkirby: Kirby

:ultbrawler: Mii Brawler
Biggest highlights:

Samus gets many more tools based on her games. Similar to a weaponry arsenal with multiple Morph Ball powers, multiple Beam types, multiple Missile types, etc.

Daisy is a completely different fighter based on stage control similar to Sylvanos from Rivals of Aether (flower beds on the ground)

Ice Climbers can be separately controlled

Dr. Mario rework based on using viruses gotten by hitting certain moves to get a certain color

Pichu rework with more hurting itself accompanied by self heal and a bunch of new special moves

Ganondorf rework based on dual swords and magic with a bit of kicks

Little Mac gets Star Punches

Bowser Jr. Clown Cart can hover and Bowser Jr. can fight outside the Cart, but is much weaker

Mii Brawler switches between all 12 special moves instead of customizing outside of battle.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
:ultganondorf:: Change up special to be limited free flight, allowing other actions (side special, air dodge, jump) out of it. Replace Warlock Punch with a magic ball that will reverse direction if hit, like Gordos but straight-flying. Maybe make down smash a ground punch/quake because it's not great atm. For extra fanservice points, give him an infinite involving releasing a continuous dark aura from his palm like in Ocarina.

:ultdaisy:: Make her a stronger Peach with a worse recovery. Up some attack damage, remove her ability to float entirely. Replace turnips with superballs (bouncy projectiles from Super Mario Land) or another appropriate non-SMB2 projectile. A Toad replacement would be nice, but she doesn't really have any notable vassals to replace them with. I'd prefer not to change her moveset to involve a bunch of sports games just because that's most of her appearances.

channel_KYX

Smash Apprentice
Completely redesign :ultbayonetta1: down b. Remove most of the lag, drastically lower the time slow duration. Make it a move you throw out in the regular match frequently to slightly tip your opponent off balance instead of being a huge "fishing for kills" move.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::Dramatically increase their airspeed so they're some of the fastest in the game
:ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultsheik:: Greatly increase damage output
:ultridley:: Make him heavier and give him more combo potential in any way
:ultwolf:: Make up B travel farther
:ultganondorf::ultincineroar:: Make side B travel faster and farther

Unfortunately I don't see any of these changes happening anytime soon so I'd consider them unrealistic.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
:ultyounglink: Give him his MM mask transformations like Pokemon trainer switching between Pokemon. This is completely unrealistic as it would require three additional newcomers for a concept which only mattered in one game, as opposed to a mechanic that's central to playing Pokemon.

Nevertheless, it's fun to dream. Deku Link would be fast, but light, could spin with side b, shoot bubbles with neutral b and fly through the air using flowers as his up b. Goron Link would be slow but strong, could roll into a ball for his side b, have a DK-style punch for neutral b and curl into a ball and up for up b (kind of Like Dedede's recovery). And Zora link would be in the middle, throwing fin boomerangs for his side b, an energy shield for his neutral b and a dolphin-style breach for his up b. All characters would also use instruments for their taunts.

I feel it's less unrealistic to at least ask that Young Link's Final Smash is Fierce Deity Link though

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
I was disappointed in Hyrule Warriors that Young Link didn't use Deku/Goron/Zora for any of his moves. Still a neat character, I was just sad that only Fierce Deity got the love.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Unrealistic changes?
:ultdk: - F
:ultkrool: - U
:ultkirby: - F, B, U
:ultmetaknight: - U
:ultwolf: - D
:ultjigglypuff: - B
:ultcharizard: - U
:ultincineroar: - U
:ulticeclimbers: - D
:ultrob: - U
:ultsnake: - U
- Turn these throws into SD KOs under circumstances that would cause them to not land on a solid surface for whatever reason.
:ultbowser: - Flying Slam
:ultwario: - Chomp
:ultdiddy: - Monkey Flip
:ultganondorf: - Flame Choke
:ultridley: - Space Pirate Rush
:ultrobin: - Nosferatu
:ultkirby: - Inhale
:ultkingdedede: - Inhale
:ultbrawler: - Suplex
:ultchrom: - Soaring Slash
:ultike: - Aether
:ultcloud: - Climhazzard
:ultbrawler: - Soaring Axe Kick, Head On Assault
:ultswordfighter: - Stone Scabbard
It's entirely possible I missed some, but you guys get the point of what I'm getting at here.
- Make all offstage SD KOs have the user win.

Last edited:

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
I really miss being able to Ganoncide at equal stocks. I understand the philosophy of why it was changed, it was just so satisfying.

Doesn't Quickplay adjust your rating gain by how many stocks you won by? If so, that would mean my :ultganondorf: and :ultbowser: GSP's are pretty weighted...

Crystanium

Smash Hero
:ultridley:
Wing Blitz
Make it like Pit's Power of Flight, but with a hitbox. Or, alternatively, make it like Pit's Wings of Pegasus. If the latter, change the name to Wicked Wings, after the description of Ridley's trophy from SSBM.

Space Pirate Rush
Great move, but I'd like a few more changes. When Ridley lunges forward, he has intangibility, meaning his side special would behave as though he dodged an attack and countered. Maintain the damage output and kill throw.

Skewer
Make it so that Ridley's tail drives into the ground and strikes up out of the ground. If we had a cross-section of this attack, Ridley's tail would curve like the letter U. This can be used to block projectiles as well. When Ridley is in the air, cause Skewer to strike the nearest target so that his tail whip attack is properly portrayed like it was in Metroid: Other M. I think MOM's version is based off Ridley's 2D stab animation, and it is one of the coolest representations.

D-air
Yoshi generates a sort of shock wave when using down special. Why doesn't Ridley when he drops to the ground? Add this shock wave effect. Ridley had an attack like this in Metroid Prime after his wings are burned off.

Weight
Make Ridley heavier than everyone except Bowser, because, you know, Miyamoto privilege. Keep Ridley's speed as is. He's heavy and fast in his games. So don't slow his ass down.

Last edited:

Predatoria

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5219-6817-7975
:ultridley:

I like your post, Crystanium! Your rework of skewer is quite interesting. I love his current skewer, but do find it hard to pull off against stronger opponents, but I am admittedly not too great at using it.

Jumps
I love off-stage play with Ridley, chasing and killing other players while they're trying to recover. I one time saw a suggestion for a fourth jump for Ridley, and that'd be so awesome. I also wouldn't mind his air jump having a bit more vertical height to it (but not off-stage jump, as that'd mess up his short hop aerials).

Wing Blitz
Octadirectional control, rather than four directions, would be so cool. I love the angles of his forwards and backwards wing blitz options, but do wish he had four more for upleft, upright, downleft, and downright on the analog stick. Any more than 8 would become, at least in my opinion, hard to execute with a gamecube controller since you'd have to put the stick between notches, and would probably mess me up during a match more than help.

Weight
Agreed with Crystanium. Make him heavier.

Plasma Breath
Allow some tilt on the analog stick after committing to pressing the B button to angle the plasma breath, much like Dedede's gordo can be angled to go either further or bounce higher.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
A few small changes

For :ultmario:, have him use his hammer for his down special, with F.L.U.U.D being a new item

For :ultbowser:, replace his shield with taking cover (shell defence), and also have Bowser curl into a ball and ram opponents for his up special (increases recovery as a result). Also Bowser would talk.

That's all I got.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Talk as in make slightly more intelligible grunts? I mean, I guess Mario arguably talks. He says "let's-a-go," and... that's about it.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Talk as in make slightly more intelligible grunts? I mean, I guess Mario arguably talks. He says "let's-a-go," and... that's about it.
At least "SHOOOOWTIIIIME" and "I RULE!" would suffice.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
:ultness: - Make Ness’s up b a teleport recovery and then take away PK Flash and make his neutral B move PK Thunder. Also make Ness’s ftilt the bat with the same frame data and power/knockback as his current ftilt. That would be broken af tho

Arrei

Smash Lord
:ultike:- Gonna combine this with a buff I think he genuinely needs, but supercharged to silly levels to suit the topic: Quick Draw needs more reward for its risk, so... it is now always at full strength without needing to be charged. This slow chunker of a man with very deliberate movement who's supposed to always be watching his spacing is now capable of channeling a certain blue hedgehog to instantly speed across almost an entire stage at will, with enough power to also kill at high percents if he collides into you. The fact that this also gives him the ability to recover from almost any distance by just NYOOMing back from deep offstage like an airplane is just an added bonus.

This move IS based on his critical hit animation after all, which deals three times normal damage in his home series, generally enough to take down any foe. A far cry from how it currently does the same damage as a jab finisher.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Moveset wise:

I would change :ultkrool:'s Down Special from Kounter to the giant butt slam move he would do in his boss battle in DK64.

I would change :ultganondorf:'s moveset to make him more like the mage he is in his games.

I would replace :ultpalutena:'s Down Special Counter/Celestial Firework with Lightweight.

I would change :ultfalco: so he would have a completely unique moveset instead of being a semi-clone.

Appearance wise:

I would give :ultganondorf: longer hair like he should have with his timeskip OOT design.

I would give :ultkrool:the Rareware design instead of the hybrid PEON/Rareware design he has in the game. Which I still like, but prefer the classic design all the way though.

I would give :ultlink: his OOT design instead of his BOTW design.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
:ultyoshi: Have him eat ****ing items!!!
And then poop out eggs, that he can use as projectiles.

:ultdiddy:: I'd give him a better recovery, at least vertically, and a better disadvantage by increasing his air speed, F Air duration and hitbox as in Smash 4, F Air being a kill move at higher %s, being able to shoot with double Peanut Popguns and increase dash attacks range and make it able to pass through enemies with it as other dash attacks can, just like how it sort of works in DKC.

:ultdk:: Replace Headbut with a double arm hammer swing which basically does the same thing, only allows for a bigger hitbox and great edgeguard possibilities and also looks wicked and wild as ****. Also create a shockwave with F Smash when charged a little which has a sort of windbox / slight hitstun that makes it easy to edgeguard enemies with linear recoveries, and maybe help against zoners by neutering their projectiles (weaker ones like grenades, fireballs / pills, needles, clay pidgeons and stuff).

:ultkrool:: Increase mobility a little. I also think he is kind off too small, DK is larger than him and it feels wrong.

:ultmewtwo:: Remove tail hurtbox, replace Confusion with Psychic which is a long ranged command grab and kill option and great for combo set ups. Give him more range by giving his psychic attacks a sort of sword-like hitbox on moves like F Air, Jab, D Smash and F Smash, make Down B reflect much like Palutena's and call it Light Screen or whatever. Increase weight, and Teleport no longer puts you into free fall.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
:ultkrool:: Increase mobility a little. I also think he is kind off too small, DK is larger than him and it feels wrong.
I don't think DK's body is larger than K. Rool's, I think his head makes him appear larger than K. Rool. DK has a big *** head in the Smash games.

Edit: Also, I remember Sakurai saying in a Famitsu interview that the reason he made K. Rool that small was so he can make him more balanced for the game. He apologize for making him small though.

Last edited:

Goddamn_Angela

Smash Cadet
:ultpalutena: - Add a Hitbox to Warp where Palutena appears.

:ultisabelle: - Make down-B mine immune to being destroyed and be quicker upon activation. Make down-B in the air spike if you hit with the spade.

That's all I have for now.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
:ultsamus: Side B: get rid of the normal misiles, now instead you always throw a super misile but during the windup of the attack you can input a secondary direction and samus will fire the misile either up, diagonally up, forward, diagonally downwards or downwards

:ultdarksamus:Side B: keeps the exactly same misiles as now, but instead of normal missiles they get replaced visually with phazons energy shots.

:ultsamus:Up B: She keeps it.

:ultdarksamus:Up B: She teleports Directly upside her, and then come crashing into the ground ending with a phazon shockwave. (kinda like swordfighter's, ike's, cloud's or ddd's Up b that you go up first and then down.)

:ultsamus:Side Smash: Like mii gunner's smash attack.

:ultdarksamus:Side Smash, she keeps the old smash attack.

:ultsamus:Grabs: flamethrower gets implementated on the grabs

:ultdarksamus:Grabs: Keeps the same grabs.

:ultsamus:Fair: Ice beam blast. functions like mii gunner's fair (self knockback included), but instead a shot, there is a ice explosion in front of samus.

:ultdarksamus:Fair: keeps the old Fair.

:ultsamus:Down Smash: Keeps the old one.

:ultdarksamus:Down Smash: The assist trophyt phazon shockwave.

at this point dark samus turns into a semi clone. and the world implodes. Dark samus let rework samus but keep some stuff of the old samus, kinda like link and young link.

:ultganondorf:Up b: now is a teleport, ganondorf enters the dark realm, and exit a little further up, grabing anyone that made contact with the entry portal and the exit portal, and doing the damage. slow teleport, but lingering hitbox.

:ultganondorf:neutral B: God damns dead man's volley...

:ultganondorf:Aerial Down B: Smash 4's Wizard dropkick.

:ultganondorf:Up tilt: the same moves but gets an animation rework. now instead of a kick he charges a ground slam with his fist.

:ultganondorf:Uair: Same move but gets an animation rework, instead of ganondorf doing captain's falcon piroutte, he does a hand sweep instead.

:ultganondorf:Jab: animation reworks, now is a quick cape slap (optional: it nows work like a reflector...)

Imo keeps ganondorf playstile similar enough, while giving him a couple of canondorf moves and more of personal flair while not heavily disrupting Ganondorf's current character.

:ultdoc:Side B: Virus zone. places a zone where there are one of the 3 virus. if an enemy gets hit by a pill with teh virus color, the zone gets consumed but the pill does extra damage. now the pills have a set order and you can see near DR.mario portrait which pill is coming next (kinda like in tetris or dr mario)

:ultfalco: UpB: firebird gets replaced by thunder bird. visual change only.

:ultpalutena: Down B: becomes the old barrier. Counter gets replaced.

:ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter:Gets a set of 2 additional custom moves recycled from smash's 4 custom moves. (like ex luigi's ice balls)

:ultroy: Side B gets replaced with a fireball.

:ulttoonlink:Up B: He can move while charging it and can move while executing it. like Bowser's Upb.

:ultpokemontrainerf: Normal costume has the normal pokemon colors, but squirtle equiped with choice scarf, ivisaur equiped with choice specs and charizard equiped with choice band.

heheh if only.

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
Probably give Toon Link back his double forward smash instead of him having that weird upward striking motion that gutted him on distance and combo. The way he swings it upwards looks like it even halves the range/hitbox of his Smash4's single forward strike.

I barely use his forward smash anymore. It's so easy to avoid. And that was one of his better ways of securing a decisive hit after raking up the opponent's damage.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Make Sonic a Tag-Team similar to many of the Classic games. Tails follows Sonic in battle and will attack when Sonic does, landing two spin dashes on an opponent. Tails will also provide the recovery as he can obviously hover Sonic, so knocking Tails out would make Sonic weaker and without a recovery, similar to the games. (Sonic is all about his friends after all.)
3E46A12C-7082-438B-B571-5BEC3A6E8925.jpeg
BAE8FF3E-6BE5-4069-A4D1-B18F2893486B.png

The sideB should also change to the boost mechanic from modern titles, giving Sonic a bar on the character profile to show how much he has. The more hits he gets in, the more boost recovered durning it’s slow restoration period. Tails will hold onto Sonic to follow from behind, I imagine his animations being any of these..
A2B37431-15DA-4255-A512-23783D05BC2D.gif
3BCC6E88-8771-4A2C-B5EF-ADF047992A6F.gif

As for a standard Sonic moveset or one without Tails, we could have a Shadow echo that increases the damage of attacks to make up for the lack of Tails, and a better recovery with him just teleporting.

B2C32D20-0C70-45E9-BE9A-F01618830D4B.gif

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
:ultjigglypuff: - Replace Rollout with a move where she pulls out her marker/microphone from the anime. Pressing B emptyhanded will cause Jigglypuff to pluck out a marker and pressing it while holding one will cause her to throw it similar to how she would smash throw an item. While wielding a marker, Jigglypuff’s attacks are altered to varying degrees. Her grounded attacks generally will have more range but less power, while her aerial attacks will have more power but less active frames. Additionally, Sing’s range will be significantly increased when holding a mic. An opponent can pick up Jigglypuff’s mic and use it against her, however, should she choose to throw it.

:ultrichter: - In keeping with his depiction as the youngest, spriest, and most agile of the Belmonts, Richter’s dashing speed, walking speed, and air speed would all be made faster, though his weight and traction would decrease. Additionally, his special moves would slightly change to further differentiate him from Simon. Axe would be made considerably faster but weaker, not usually KOing till about 180% but with a much increased potential rate of fire. Richter’s Cross would move faster than Simon’s, meaning that it controls space for less time, however Richter would be able to throw two Crosses at the cost of them not returning to him. Holy Water, instead of becoming a stationary burst of flame upon hitting the ground, would instead turn into a wave of flames that slowly moves forward a short distance before disappearing. It would retain its multi-hitting properties and improve its ability to control space, however it would also lead to weaker follow-up options due to the wave dragging its victims with it. Finally, Richter’s Uppercut would go higher than Simon’s, both horizontally and vertically, but to make up for this Richter’s aerials would lose the ability to tether. In contrast to this trend of quicker attacks, dash attack would be slightly altered so that Richter pauses for a split second before attacking, hitting opponents only once but powerfully. He would also have a chance of saying “you fool!” when performing this attack.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
:ultmewtwo: - Remove the tail hurtbox, make him not a balloonweight, give Shadow Ball a charging hitbox like in Melee (there was no reason to remove it in the first place since Lucario kept his), and let him act out of Teleport (with the obvious restriction of not being able to Teleport again until he lands, like airdodges).
:ultrob: - Add a Fuel meter above his icon in the HUD, just so it's more visible than that tiny-ass chassis display. Also, revert his Dthrow to how it was in Smash 4.
:ultpiranha: - For the love of God, do ANYTHING to make his Down-B not terrible. Give it i-frames, reduce its lag, give it super armor instead of heavy armor, just do SOMETHING.
also reduce the lag on his airs pls
:ultshulk: - Remove Fiora from his Final Smash. That walking spoiler really has no business being there, especially since Chain Attacks in Xenoblade only feature up to 3 party members anyway.
:ultbowserjr: - Remove that stupid thing where he dies if he gets hit by a weak attack out of his Up-B. Also, give him a Peach-like hover. He's in a literal HOVER CAR, for Pete's sake.
:ultridley: - Let him Up-B in more than four awkward angles. There's really no reason for it to be as restrictive as it is when similar Up-B's (i.e. Spacies and the Pits) aren't.
:ultwolf: - Give him a weakness other than just "bad recovery". Smash 4 Cloud was also good at everything and had bad recovery, and look where he was for 3 straight years.
:ultkingdedede: - Up his air speed. I get that he's supposed to be big and slow, but... sheesh. I can't move with this guy.
:ultgnw: - Make his Fair explode on contact and not poof on contact with any hitbox. It's a bomb, for ****'s sake. It should at least explode if it gets hit by something and not just vanish into thin air. Also, give Usmash its i-frames back, give his changed moves their old hitboxes back (other than Fair, of course), and give this supposed glass cannon a viable kill move.
:ultbowser:/:ultdk:/:ultdiddy:/:ultkrool: - Canon voices, please... (a Dry Bowser alt would also be cool for Bowser, but I'm not picky)

Last edited:

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
:ultrichter: - In keeping with his depiction as the youngest, spriest, and most agile of the Belmonts, Richter’s dashing speed, walking speed, and air speed would all be made faster, though his weight and traction would decrease. Additionally, his special moves would slightly change to further differentiate him from Simon. Axe would be made considerably faster but weaker, not usually KOing till about 180% but with a much increased potential rate of fire. Richter’s Cross would move faster than Simon’s, meaning that it controls space for less time, however Richter would be able to throw two Crosses at the cost of them not returning to him. Holy Water, instead of becoming a stationary burst of flame upon hitting the ground, would instead turn into a wave of flames that slowly moves forward a short distance before disappearing. It would retain its multi-hitting properties and improve its ability to control space, however it would also lead to weaker follow-up options due to the wave dragging its victims with it. Finally, Richter’s Uppercut would go higher than Simon’s, both horizontally and vertically, but to make up for this Richter’s aerials would lose the ability to tether. In contrast to this trend of quicker attacks, dash attack would be slightly altered so that Richter pauses for a split second before attacking, hitting opponents only once but powerfully. He would also have a chance of saying “you fool!” when performing this attack.
Are you trying to kill Richter from the meta? These changes would screw him a lot.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Are you trying to kill Richter from the meta? These changes would screw him a lot.
Belmont’s not all that good as is, and I think the increased speed and improved recovery would offset the changes to his special moves and make him better in the long run.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Completely redesign :ultbayonetta1: down b. Remove most of the lag, drastically lower the time slow duration. Make it a move you throw out in the regular match frequently to slightly tip your opponent off balance instead of being a huge "fishing for kills" move.
...Didn't they already do the latter? Seriously, Witch Time is a terrible move in Ultimate; the slowdown is too short-lasting to accomplish anything with.
:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::Dramatically increase their airspeed so they're some of the fastest in the game
:ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultsheik:: Greatly increase damage output
:ultridley:: Make him heavier and give him more combo potential in any way
:ultwolf:: Make up B travel farther
:ultganondorf::ultincineroar:: Make side B travel faster and farther

Unfortunately I don't see any of these changes happening anytime soon so I'd consider them unrealistic.
Um... no. I can't approve of dramatically boosting Kirby and King Dedede's air speeds to among the best in the game. You're a big Kirby fan — you should know full well that unless you have an ability that specifically enhances hovering/flying, such as Wing or Beetle, Kirby always, always is rather sluggish while flying (and the same applies to King Dedede); his mobility is much better when running, climbing, or just jumping. Now, why Meta Knight has atrocious air speed in Smash is a mystery to me, since he always is able to fly around at high speeds in Kirby games. My best guess as to why Meta Knight's held back in that regard is to allow Jigglypuff to be better than him at something.
:ultness: - Make Ness’s up b a teleport recovery and then take away PK Flash and make his neutral B move PK Thunder. Also make Ness’s ftilt the bat with the same frame data and power/knockback as his current ftilt. That would be broken af tho
...Would Ness still be able to hit himself with PK Thunder to launch himself at enemies for massive damage and knockback, and would there be some sort of cap on this so he doesn't have a literally infinite recovery distance capacity?

Last edited:

Astroking112

Smash Cadet
:ultdarkpit:: Much like Dark Samus, I think that many people don't realize that Dark Pit is his own character and could've easily been tweaked at least a little bit more to differentiate him from normal Pit. Even just increasing his aerial speed and decreasing his grounded speed might help, but I think that if we're looking at unnrealistic changes, it'd be better to look at move replacements:
  • Replace Forward Smash with him using the a Club from Uprising for a single heavier hit.
  • Replace Down Special with a Counter using a Katana from Uprising. Pit keeps his reflector, but Dark Pit has different uses with his Down Special now.
  • Replace his recovery, Power of Flight, with Wings of Icarus from Brawl. He was capable of flight without Palutena in Kid Icarus: Uprising, so a better recovery can represent that more, but it's also slower than Pit's recovery and can be interrupted more easily.

:ultlucina:: I think that she's pretty close to being acceptably different already (similar to how Chrom is), but there is some minor room for improvement.
  • Replace her Final Smash with a copy of Chrom's, to better represent her ties to him and make her stand out a little more from Marth.
  • Revert all changes from Smash 4 to Ultimate that made her more similar to Marth.
  • Give her her own unique idle stance, based off of her actual character in Awakening and the rest of the franchise.

:ultdaisy::ultrichter::ultdarksamus:: I haven't played any of their games, so I can't really comment on what should be changed, but I would like to see them have more discernible differences from their original characters to increase mechanical variety.

:ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter:: Add a second Final Smash to choose from in Character Customization. Even if they aren't very creative, the extra customization would be a nice touch to help make each Mii feel different. They could be differentiated with A and B, to keep it recognizable from the normal special move selection.

:ultyounglink:: Replace his Final Smash with something related to Majora's Mask. Even if it's just summoning the moon assist trophy (as little sense as that would make), I think it'd be a neat reference, and I'd like to see the Links get more differences as well.

channel_KYX

Smash Apprentice
Didn't they already do the latter? Seriously, Witch Time is a terrible move in Ultimate; the slowdown is too short-lasting to accomplish anything with.
Yes, they already nerfed the duration hard. But adjust the rest, redesign the functionality. As it was, the counter was stupid. As it is, the counter is useless.

Necro'lic

Smash Ace
Yes, they already nerfed the duration hard. But adjust the rest, redesign the functionality. As it was, the counter was stupid. As it is, the counter is useless.
Idea. Make Witch Time duration longer, but give the enemies caught knockback resistance and some damage resistance. This way it acts like a "mini-Timer" item and fits with Bayonetta's more combo-chain oriented style of play combined with lack of kill power.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Um... no. I can't approve of dramatically boosting Kirby and King Dedede's air speeds to among the best in the game. You're a big Kirby fan — you should know full well that unless you have an ability that specifically enhances hovering/flying, such as Wing or Beetle, Kirby always, always is rather sluggish while flying (and the same applies to King Dedede); his mobility is much better when running, climbing, or just jumping. Now, why Meta Knight has atrocious air speed in Smash is a mystery to me, since he always is able to fly around at high speeds in Kirby games. My best guess as to why Meta Knight's held back in that regard is to allow Jigglypuff to be better than him at something.
That's why it's in the unrealistic changes thread. Realistically, I'd buff them to mid/ish arispeed.

Buuhan

Is mayonnaise an instrument?
Buff Rosalina’s recovery, make it so that we can use it whatever direction the thumb stick is pointing.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Buff Rosalina’s recovery, make it so that we can use it whatever direction the thumb stick is pointing.
Can we do that for Ridley for that matter? And can K. Rool's cannon shoot straight forward?

It's so arbitrary and unnatural-feeling that these moves can't just move in the direction you want them to. I get that there are attempts at balancing factors behind these decisions, but it makes no sense in regard to how you expect the move to be able to function. What in-universe explanation could there possibly be for Ridley only being able to move in four compass directions?

Buuhan

Is mayonnaise an instrument?
Can we do that for Ridley for that matter? And can K. Rool's cannon shoot straight forward?

It's so arbitrary and unnatural-feeling that these moves can't just move in the direction you want them to. I get that there are attempts at balancing factors behind these decisions, but it makes no sense in regard to how you expect the move to be able to function. What in-universe explanation could there possibly be for Ridley only being able to move in four compass directions?
I just feel hopeless a lot of the time trying to recover with her.

Top Bottom