• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your top ten list in Brawl+

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
No particular order.

Fox
Amazing ability to punish. One hit usually means several more, and around 50% of damage, especially at low percents. Also good at forcing the approach.

Marth
Basically like he his in vBrawl, but with combos that do a lot of damage, and Dancing Blade is never decayed by the time you get to KO percents.

MK
Soooooo good at gimping, and very difficult to approach. Can do two dairs in one short hop, which gives him a solid approach that's very difficult to counter.

TL
Incredibly good at spamming and comboing. Has near guaranteed combos into uair for KOs, and a pretty good edgeguard.

Falco
Lasers are still amazing. They are fast, unpunishable, and very good at frustrating approaches. Reflector is now dumb, as it perfectly compliments his lasers at a range where most characters can't punish even on block, and leads into all sorts of combo moves, to compliment his already crazy combo game. (I don't think his Reflector should have been changed. He's great without it.)

Diddy
Bananas are still incredibly good. They control space really well and lead to guaranteed punishment, which is now made more formidable with B+'s combo engine. Diddy's pretty amazing.

Kirby
Bair.

Snake
Ftilt.

Olimar
Grab game is stupid good now. Either he has massive guaranteed combos, or he has really easy tech chases.

Sheik/Zelda
Ace combos, incredible shield pressure game, crazy edgeguard game. Sheik is pretty much enough for most foes on her own, but Zelda can net some wild damage output and has crazy KO potential for her own part.

Luigi, Squirtle, Wario, ZSS and Falcon get honorable mentions for being really good, but my top ten definitely have it on them.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Jigglypuff...

she is so GAY in Brawl+. I LOVE IT!

Jiggs
Marth
MK
Snake
Falcon
Some other characters

Jiggs for top, then everyone else I don't follow much.

jalued

Smash Lord
Now that we have reached 50 I feel I should post this here. I think a good use for this would be for the WBR to see how much explaining they need to do to justify buffing a character high on this list. This is not because this list is correct, but because this list signifies the public opinion on Brawl+.

36 out of 40 characters made it onto this list (PT is counted as a character)
Marth is the ONLY character that EVERYONE had on their list
I think I should PM this to some WBR member just as a way to guage how much complaining they will get over buffing certain characters.
Again I'm not in any way saying that this list is correctly ordered, and I HIGHLY doubt that it is.
Out of 50 (remember some people might just forget characters)....
Marth: 50
MK: 48
Fox: 44
Squirtle: 40
Luigi: 34
Kirby: 34
Sheik/Zelda: 30
Falco: 29
Olimar: 22
Captain Falcon: 21
ZSS: 17
Lucario: 15
Pikachu: 14
Diddy: 14
Snake: 13
Peach: 11
Wario: 9
G&W: 6
Wolf: 5
Sonic: 5
R.O.B.: 5
Ivysaur: 4
DK: 4
Toon Link: 4
Lucas: 4
Ike: 4
Pit: 3
Mario: 3
Jigglypuff: 2
Charizard: 2
DDD: 2
PT: 1
Samus: 1
Link: 1
Ganondorf: 1

just to say, there is NO way that link is second bottom lol. hes really good now :D

crazycrackers

Smash Journeyman
just to say, there is NO way that link is second bottom lol. hes really good now :D
These are votes for top ten. So they're not a tier list at all and don't really represent anything AT ALL about characters that most people wouldn't consider top 10 (ex: link)

EDIT: Plus, there are other people who got 1 vote so its not like link is even the second worst in votes since hes tied with some other people.

D

Deleted member

funny.
currently we change the nightly at a weekly basis and the official has only changed like twice in the past months.

remeber that this is BETA, aka testing. if you don't want this all you can do is wait until gold.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
funny.
currently we change the nightly at a weekly basis and the official has only changed like twice in the past months.

remeber that this is BETA, aka testing. if you don't want this all you can do is wait until gold.
i agree with your entire statement but i think there was some sarcasm in his post X]

im curious as to why people place falcon so high, yes he has ridiculously combos from melee that are now easy because of a lack of tech skill, but he gets combod so worse its almost not even worth it. i think hes good but i cant personally put him in the top 10

D

Deleted member

I would put falcon at 11 or 12.. he kinda missed the boat with his ton of hitstun.

iSpiN

Smash Journeyman
1. Marth
2. Ice Climbers
3. MK
4. Squirtle
5. Sheik
6. Lucas
7. Zelda
8. Falco
9. Kirby
10. Pikachu/Ivy (I couldn't decide on this one)

DivineBlade

Smash Apprentice
Not a lot of you are putting C.Falcon on your top ten. Is it b ecause he didn't change by much or are we still forgetting this is Brawl+?

iSpiN

Smash Journeyman
Falcon lacks the priority/hitbox to be considered top imo. He can also easily be overwhelmed by those who do.

BEES

Smash Lord
Metaknight is still the best in the game. I don't care if that puts me at odds with most of the community. I'm dead positive he is.

Falcon lacks the priority/hitbox to be considered top imo. He can also easily be overwhelmed by those who do.
No not easily.

Kuga

Smash Journeyman
Come on Guys,MK,Marth,Fox and Squirtle are in at least Top 10 -.-
They are unchanged....

Zodac

Smash Journeyman
why do people keep saying priority instead of dis-jonted htibox, argh.

i got the alr from the nightly builds, i presume it will be made to the official set and i use my own custom set anyway....

Frame speed

MK and Samus alr is 100% (I believe samus' alr was 50% in vbrawl so I kept it instead of putting it at 25%)

and his got a new nerf :S

MK dtilt has 6 frames of startup from 3

Top Bottom