• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your realistic fighter's Pass list

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
If you’re talking about the placeholder slots:
-Piranha Plant would not be included in the 29
-Joker would be included in the 29
-Mii Fighter Costumes wouldn’t take up slots on the CSS, but a new Mii Fighter type (like a Spellcaster) would take up a slot

But still, you shouldn’t really expect any more DLC beyond what we’re already getting.
just wanted to clarify, not expecting anything too incredible i doubt we'll get 29 characters (inversely im not expecting one of them too have 24 costumes), i was just wondering if maybe mii fighter costumes would perhaps account for the other numbers

i suppose they could costumes for characters already in game

Veenon

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 2421-1779-6504
Hoo boy, I remember doing stuff like this for Smash 4, and here we are now. Thankfully, this time round I can give better speculation.

Fighter 71 - Joker (We already know this one, not much I need to say here)
Fighter 72 - Sora (Probably at that classic January New Years-ish Direct we usually get. I feel Erdrick is just another hoax that is getting swarmed.)
Fighter 73 - Banjo & Kazooie (Best to be revealed at E3, likely in Microsoft's presentation)
Fighter 74 - Sylux (Another E3 reveal, I'd say, what with Prime 4 likely being the one in the spotlight for Nintendo in June)
Fighter 75 - Lloyd Irving (I feel another Tales game may be announced getting to the end of the year. Also perfect to try and even out the reps between Sega, Capcom and Bandai)

I'm rather convinced we'll get a second wave too, as Nintendo can milk Smash Bros with ease. Any character, and hundreds upon thousands will buy it regardless. Of course there's no telling if they'll actually make this decision.

Tubby_Squirrel

Cheerful, fat rodent
Switch FC
3618-6481-0607
My ideal list would be:
Joker is already confirmed but the other for I would like:
Banjo/Kazooi but with a bonus Minecraft stage
Kamek the Magi Koopa
Spyro
Dixie Kong
(and I would want crash if all five slots were on the table)

What I suspect we'll actually get
Banjo/Kazooi
Steve(whom I would not mind)
Slime or other DQ rep
And some random character no one predicted like Plant.

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
If you’re talking about the placeholder slots:
-Piranha Plant would not be included in the 29
-Joker would be included in the 29
-Mii Fighter Costumes wouldn’t take up slots on the CSS, but a new Mii Fighter type (like a Spellcaster) would take up a slot

But still, you shouldn’t really expect any more DLC beyond what we’re already getting.
Why not? Fear of disappointment?

FruitLoop

Smash Apprentice
1. Joker
2. Captain N
3. Vivi/Slime (or another square rep. Trying to make out of the blue predictions based off of Nintendo’s trend so probz not geno)
4. Banjo-Kazooie
5. Chorus Kids

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Why not? Fear of disappointment?
Yeah. It’s better not to be confident in other DLC characters simply because there’s a chance that they'll never actually happen.

Even if there are others, they likely won’t be announced for quite a while.

It’s best to focus on just the characters we know are coming instead of something that’s only possible.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Prediction, in no particular order (but after Joker of course):

• Dragon Quest character
• Minecraft Steve
• Fire Emblem 3 Houses character
• Pokemon Gen 8 character

Technomage

Smash Champion
We already know Joker's on there, so I'll go with the other 4.

1) Main character from Fire Emblem 3 Houses.
2) Microsoft character (the most likely of which would be Minecraft Steve)
3) Erdrick from Dragon Quest
4) Another Namco character (most likely Lloyd Irvng from Tales of Symphonia)

Thatoneguy10

Smash Rookie
1. Joker (duh)
2.Probably Erdrick, but Sora makes so much more sense.
3.Bandana Dee
4.Steve
5.Rayman, probably bias but he has so much going for him. I can't think of one reason why he shouldn't be in.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
joker
Sora
banjo
bandana Dee
Ryu Hayubusa
my choice (even not including joker)
bandana Dee
hollow Knight
Geno
banjo
shadow

NinjaSmash_414

Smash Rookie
  1. Joker
  2. Dr. Eggman (Sonic series - Sega)
  3. A Dragon Quest rep (Jade from DQ XI or Builder male/female from DQ Builders)
  4. Shantae (WayForward)
  5. Monster Hunter or Mega Man Zero (Capcom)
Nintendo choices:
  1. Octoling (Splatoon 2: Octo-Expansion)
  2. Urbosa (LoZ: BotW)
  3. Susie or Magolor (Kirby)
  4. Twintelle or Ribbon Girl (ARMS)
  5. Barbara the Bat (Jam with the Band) or Geno

Last edited:

bananaslamma1012

Smash Rookie
1.Joker (Persona 5)
2.Arthur (Ghosts'n Goblins)
3.Banjo & Kazooie
4.KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)
5.Erdrick (Dragon Quest III)

OTHER POSSIBILITIES: Ryu Hayabusa, Lloyd Irving, Geno, Master Chief, Crono, Yuna, Bandana Dee, Geralt of Rivia, and 2B.

andree123

Smash Ace
1. Joker (Persona 5)
2. Erdrick (Dragon Quest III)
3. Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia)
4. Sylux (Metroid Prime Hunters)
5. Banjo and Kazooie (Banjo-Kazooie)

This should be the most realistic to me.

Pikmin-ism42

Smash Journeyman
1. Joker (DC comics)
2. Nightmare King Grimm (Hollow Knight)
3. General Custer (Custer's Revenge)
4. Mario & Luigi as Ice Climber echoes (Mario Bros.)
5. Galeem (Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch™ )

Syprone

Smash Cadet
Joker
Bandanna Dee
Geno
The Fire Emblem Three Houses Protaginisst
Dixie Kong
Bonus: Nobody thinks Nintendo would put in Decidueye but it’s Nintendo so maybe

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Joker
2. Erdrick
3. Not Geno
4. Not Banjo-Kazooie
5. Kill me

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Given the various directions Smash DLC has gone, I think that most characters outside extreme obscure ones, outright deconfirmed, and non-gaming figures? Many of them could be realistic. Three of my choices are from well known recent titles that gave games on Switch and are popular in the West and Japan, so while hardly givens, they don't feel outright unlikely either. Even the least relevant one I have in Terrra is the best known protagonist from one of the most critically acclaimed FF titles, and the one most associated with Nintendo.

Starlight Liger's don't feel all that outrageous in that regard either.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
2B
Monster Hunter
Rex
Ryu Hayabusa

I suspect that we're only getting one big reveal which was already Steve. Honestly Crash is really overrated and not as likely people make it out to be given this demand only sparked after the N. Sane Trilogy. The same with Dante with those tweets a few years back which lead to more discussion.

I'm fairly also certain we'll be getting a surprise reveal like Joker. This is where 2B comes to mind.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've already posted this elsewhere, but here's my attempt at predicting Fighters Pass 2 after Steve's reveal.

I feel like, if we get another Capcom character, it's a tough call between Monster Hunter and Dante - both franchises seem to be at the height of their popularity, and they both have a long history behind them.

As for Impa, I feel like any Nintendo character (ex. Bandanna Waddle Dee, Dixie Kong, a promotional pick) could potentially go in that spot, but between Zelda's 35th anniversary being next year and Impa's increased prominence in Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, I feel like she has a really good chance of being included. (I just don't think that the rest of the Fighters Pass will purely be third party characters - if it is, then I could see Crash getting in instead of Impa)

This isn't really in order, though I figure that the developers have learned from Bayonetta and won't end off with an action game character like Dante or Ryu Hayabusa, since they should be aware that those types of characters need plenty of time to balance.

Last edited:

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
realistic not fantasy
Okay, smart guy. What're your realistic remaining fighters for the fighters pass?

I dunno, this one seems pretty safe in terms of picks.
Thank you, that's why I selected them. I personally don't care for Ryu Hayabusa but Nintendo and Koei Tecmo have been collaborating with games like Hyrule Warriors, Fire Emblem Warriors and Age of Calamity so it'd be selfish not for Nintendo to return the favour by having a Koei Tecmo representative. Rex and Pyra/Mythra are in my list because Sakurai loved Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Monolith Soft deserves ore representation as a Nintendo subsidiary, Sirfetch'd is the left-field Pokemon that's going to represent Sword and Shield because he's been surprisingly marketed heavily by The Pokemon Company and Crash Bandicoot is there as the final western representative because of the Smash Ballot and to coincide with the eventual release of Crash 4 for Nintendo Switch.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
You could also say the same for the one above you.
im my defence i have no memory of what i wrote. im going to assume it was something snide about fire emblem

Okay, smart guy. What're your realistic remaining fighters for the fighters pass?
sorry i should have clarified i meant sirfetched specifically. the others seem right on the money

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
sorry i should have clarified i meant sirfetched specifically. the others seem right on the money
Fair enough, Zacian/Zamazenta, Rillaboom and Cinderace could take that spot.

That still doesn't answer the question of the topic, what are your remaining fighters?

cashregister9

Smash Hero
-Capcom rep either Monster Hunter or Dante
-Crash
-First Party Character either Inteleon or Euden
-Estelle Bright

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
-Ryu Hayabusa
-Crash Bandicoot
-Adol Cristin
-Rex and Pyra

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Just gonna jump in for FP 2, given the date.

1- Crash Bandicoot
2- Lara Croft
3- Ryu Hayabusa
4- Rillaboom

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
One more third party in a pass that started with Min Min would be more realistic than believing TPC/Nintendo/Sakurai cares about the grass quota.
I don't understand why you quoted me just to fight, so I'm just gonna call you out on it and move on.

Top Bottom