• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your reactions?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So, what were your reactions to this long overdue space pirate dragon finally making it to the roster?

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime

Really. I screamed oh my god louder than I want to admit.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Looks cool. Might be a bit of a glass cannon character?

Thank god he doesn't have the duck bill.

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
Totally shocked. I sat there in dumbfounded awe with his reveal trailer. Couldn't have asked for anything better. It was a perfect reveal. Sakurai and his team made him perfect. He'll probably get nerfed into the ground but I don't care. He's here.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Half "Meh" and half "Eww, what have they done? He looks so ugly!" with just a tiny hint of "Seems broken" on the side. I am not any more in favour of him now than I was before the reveal, though it would be hard for me to be much less.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I cried. I straight up cried. I’ll post the video after work.

Ridley looks freakin’ scary. Like the model and texture work are frightening. I expected the cuter brawl type Ridley but this works well!

I am stunned...

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm happy to see him get in, he was in my top 10. (and especially because he's a character people have wanted for so long)

I think the rumour probably ruined the shock factor a little bit though.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I was laying down screaming at the ceiling, YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. I honestly had to go back and rewatch the reveal to see his moves and stuff because I was just so happy that he was finally in the game. WE DID IT FELLAS. OUR PURPLE DRAGON IS NOT TOO BIG FOR SMASH. LIKE WE SAID ALL ALONG

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I was incredibly stressed out during the entire Smash presentation, when I saw how many old stages were coming back I was so scared of Pyrosphere appearing any second, it was like some kind of mad survival trial. Then when the cinematic trailer rolled and I recognized Ceres Station immediately I just stressed even more, like some part of me knew this was it, and then another part of me was scared of the biggest disappointment yet. Then when he showed up it was pure relief, like putting that final puzzle piece in place, it's a bit hard to describe. The more ecstatic and crazy reaction was a bit delayed as it only came during the gameplay montage when it really sank in.

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
I was so scared of Pyrosphere appearing any second, it was like some kind of mad survival trial.
Same, I was so scared of seeing Ridley as a stage hazard again or even a stupid assist thropy.
But when the trailer started and I saw the place I was like "THIS IS IT, THIS IS RIDLEY", just like, in a second.

HelloSpy

Smash Cadet
Not to be rude to any Ridley fans, but I am very cross at Nintendo for adding him.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
I started to suspect it when I saw Samus in an environment with a Metroid-like feel, but I was in denial it would happen. Then it became obvious when Mega Man was attacked and I knew I couldn't still be in denial, I shouted "They did it! THEY DID IT!", but it still felt so unreal I waited for actual gameplay footage to be sure.

Congrats to Sakurai for doing a 180° on a character who "wouldn't be Ridley anymore".

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Can’t wait to show you guys my reaction video.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Muwahahahahaha

The sweet smell of saltyness from the biggest "Ridleys to big" person in the history of support

That's right it's over...your anti-Ridley days are over he's a staple in smash playables now

Last edited:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Absolute joy. I have been waiting so long for this day and when i woke up to seeing ridley get revealed i basically had to contain myself from actually screaming in excitement. Despite all the naysayers and people claiming he "can't possibly work"(when modders had shown exactly how he can) he made it.. i always beleived in my favorite space dragon and after over a decade of waiting he's.. finally here and looks glorious to boot!

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
looks ugly at first, then get used to it, then be grateful that they took the time to implement this genious solution to a 17 year old problem

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
If it wasn't early in the morning I'd have been shouting at the top of my lungs. Instead, I had to settle for banging gibberish on my keyboard to friends. I've wanted this since I saw Ridley in the Melee intro. The fact that we got a Meta Ridley alt to boot is like having your birthday on Christmas. Feels nice to have him after almost a decade of people calling you stupid or foolish for wanting something as outrageous as a purple space dragon in a cartoony fighting game.

Kori

Smash Cadet
I literally couldn't stand... I screamed and fell on the floor. Feels good man.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
"Some dark place... There's a bridge.... I see some people... Is that Sa--

OH

OH NO

NONONO DON'T DO THIS TO ME

OH MY GOD IS THIS WHAT I HOLY **** RIDLEY KILLED MEGAMAN WHAT THE ****

OHHHOOO YESSSSS KILL!! MURDER!! ANNIHILATE!!!!!

AHAHAHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

THE DREAM IS REAL!!!!!!!"

The Animator

Smash Journeyman
Really all I can say is, Its about time! Its been 17 years since that misleading melee intro tricked me and everyone I talked to felt the same. With all the cut veterans returning and Ridley; the roster is already worth purchasing the game. It will still suck if DKC gets shafted again and doesn't get a new rep. But at least we got one BIG new addition to the roster.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
I'm still in disbelief. When I was younger, I was sure Ridley was going to be in brawl. I've been dealing with disappointment and false hope for 13 ****ing years. I can't believe he finally made it. RIDLEY!!!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've been hoping for Ridley since Brawl.

I remember when the Geno thread and the Ridley thread had this sort of rivalry back then

It was awesome. But I supported both

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
MY REACTION
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vh-OJ5u8eQ

I'm so happy for ridley fans ! I always supported him ! I know how it feels when you get pooped on for a character you want in smash by everyone (mewtwo Roy WHO GOT BACK IN WIIU :D & THIS GAME & of course banjo kazooie who is still a dream RN :p )

and yes that IS a Etika loves Minecraft pillow! my mom got me it as a joke gift for valentines day LOL XD

Cpt.

Smash Lord
I honestly thought Sakurai was going to pull a Subspace Emissary 2.0 mega troll until I saw him on the character select screen! BWAHAHHAHA I'M SO HAPPY!

Top Bottom