• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your reaction to every newcomer yet

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
Ken: Woot! He looks better than I thought. Glad he gets his MvC2 supers as his Final Smashes.

Incineroar: So he's Zangief mixed with R. Mika with a side of Alex. Nope.

Piranha Plant: ...this thing's taking Evo 2019.

GenghisConn3

Smash Rookie
:ultinkling:Inkling's in the new Smash? Who saw that coming?
:ultdaisy:Wow these echo fighters seem pretty cool, I hope Ken and Shadow will be echo fighters too.
:ultridley:Goddammit the meme is dead, also Ridley looks really ****ing dumb when scaled down.
:ultsimon:THIS IS WHAT I'VE ALWAYS WANTED!
:ultrichter:THIS IS EVEN BETTER THAN SIMON!
:ultchrom:Can we let Fire Emblem die yet?
:ultdarksamus:Meh, I'm happy for the people who wanted her in I guess.
:ultkrool:Don't really care but I'm happy for those who wanted him in.
:ultisabelle:Yawn
:ultryu:(Ken) ****in' A!
:substitute:(Incineroar) I told you guys the Grinch leak was fake!
:troll:(Piranha Plant) Hahahaha this direct's been a ****ing disaster.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Ken: Yep, saw this coming... hold on, this in the Boxing Ring, that probably means-
Incineroar: Wait, Incineroar wasn't leak bait!? And he's actually the final newcomer?!? Box theory was right?!? Darkest timeline confirmed...
Isaac as Assist Trophy: OMG, Vergeben was right. I should apologize for saying he was going "They're Coming To Take Me Away, Ha HA" on the Isaac fanbase...
Pirahna Plant: Oh, cool, looks like Geno's the first DLC character — wait, WHAT THE ****?!? Wha- how does this make any sense?!? Sure, it looks like it's going to be a fun character to play as, but HOW did a freaking generic Piranha Plant make the cut as a playable character before Geno?!?

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Ken - Yawn most expected newcomer since echoes were announced

Incineroar - Man this guy looks sick his moveset looks interesting and fun. May become a new main of mine even if I was indifferent to his inclusion initially.

Piranha Plant -

Last edited:

Room100

Smash Apprentice
:ultinkling: Great choice, I think they transitioned into a Smash fighter very well
:ultdaisy: Decent Echo choice, at least she makes perfect sense as an Echo
:ultridley: Uggggh I'd actually just prefer Ridley is a big ol' boss but still cool, I like heavies and villains
:ultsimon: Hell yeah! His range looks broken as hell and I'm here for it!
:ultrichter: Uhhh... Yeah!
:ultchrom: Makes sense, interesting that they can mix fighters' moves
:ultdarksamus: Ugggggghhhh I'm probably just picky as a Metroid fan but DS really should've been unique or just an AT. Animations are awesome though
:ultkrool: *screams Gang Plank Galleon at top of lungs*
:ultken: Makes sense, saw it coming no matter what leak was true
:ultincineroar: Dang, Grinch Leak is dead. I really liked that roster, but oh well. No real feelings towards Incineroar over other Pokemon, I like the moveset
:ultpiranha: WHAT????? ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? THIS IS ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS. I CAN'T WAIT

Holding out hope for Geno and Banjo as DLC, I think only ATs bring deconfirmations so people like Dixie are still possible. We'll see!

Last edited:

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
I absolutely love how Piranha Plant got in! You guys will come to realize it was that character you never knew you wanted.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Let me remake my post:
:ultinkling:: Predictable
:ultdaisy:: Ummm....no Waluigi?
:ultridley:: YOOOOOOO!
:ultsimon:: Ok, Verge, you were right. I'll eat my words
:ultrichter:: *Who*
:ultchrom:: We didn't need another Marth clone. WE DIDN'T NEED ANOTHER MARTH CLONE!
:ultdarksamus:: Sweet
:ultkrool:: YOOOOOOO!
:ultisabelle:: But....no....why?
(Ken): New main
(Incineroar): New main

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
:ultinkling:-"Saw that coming, cool for Splatoon fans"

:ultdaisy:-"Echo fighters, huh? Well, it's nice that Daisy finally got in, shame about the Wah though"

:ultridley:-"The madman actually did it..."

:ultsimon:-*sees the first millisecond of the trailer* "Ahhh it's Simon hahaha"

:ultrichter:-"Hey isn't that the guy that argued with Dracula?"

:ultchrom:-"Chrom...is finally in...haha yes!"

:ultdarksamus:-"Hey now I can play as cooler Samus"

:ultkrool:-*Ganondorf vs Link pops up* "It has to be him...he's here. Finally, after all this time" *dedede takes his disguise off* "haha I bet K. Rool is going to pop out from behind and team up with-...well, close enough"

:ultisabelle:-"Well, New Leaf fans are probably happy now"

:ultken:-"Wait, the boxing ring again? Ohhhh it's Ken"

:ultincineroar:-"Incineroar? Eh, guess a new Pokémon was inevitable after all. Looks like I was wrong about Verg but I was right about Grinch hahaha."

:ultpiranha:-"Sakurai is an absolute madman!" *continuous laughter*

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
:ultinkling: Eh, I knew it was bound to happen.
:ultdaisy: Better than Peach in every way but...meh.
:ultridley: It finally happened.
:ultsimon: He looks awesome. Never played a Castlevania game though.
:ultrichter: Same response as Simon
:ultdarksamus: Alright.
:ultchrom: He got his chance.
:ultkrool: Same response as Ridley
:ultisabelle: Never though it would actually happen but alright.
(Ken) Awesome.
(Inceniroar) Meh...I don't care about Pokémon these days.
(Pirahna Plant) Well, this is gonna be fun. I was laughing my ass off too.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
:ultinkling: - "Yo a new Smash Bros! Cool to see Inkling but whatever"
:ultdaisy: - "Fair enough"
:ultridley: - "That'll shut the haters up"
:ultsimon: - "It was only a matter of time. Meh"
:ultrichter: - "Who? He looks like he fits in more than Simon tho"
:ultchrom: - "YES! But oh boy now we get more complaining from the community..."
:ultdarksamus: - "That's cool I guess"
:ultkrool: - "About time son. Where that Dixie tho"
:058: - "AWESOME BUT WHERE'S THE NEW ANIMAL CROSS- Oh there it is. Excellent then."
And now...

Ken - "Alright, fair enough, everyone knew he was coming and he was in the Grin-"
Incineroar - "Oh. Oh... Damn."

Realtalk I really like Incineroar and I'm excited he's there (Though it doesn't look like the fire coming from his crotch is a huge part of his moveset which is upsetting), but I had very much been looking forward to Grinch characters. I need that Banjo, somehow.

Piranha Plant - Uhhhh. If you say so... I guess you found a character nobody was calling...

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Piranha Plant: Oh sure, make Toad part of Peach's moveset, while a generic enemy who literally has no realistic chance of being playable, gets the promotion.

Black Magician

Smash Apprentice
:ultinkling:Obvious pick; nice to get the shoo-ins out of the way early. Glad to see the Good Squid Kids
:ultdaisy:FINALLY. She doesn't particularly excite me, but she should at least have been an Alph-esque alternate in Smash 4
:ultridley:OMFG SAKURAI YOU MADMAN. I am in heaven and I need this game now
:ultsimon:Meh
:ultrichter:Oh cool it's the Die Monster guy
:ultchrom:seriously? ANOTHER Marth?
:ultdarksamus:I'm glad she's included, but she should have had a better moveset than this
:ultkrool:I didn't care about him before, but this guy is super cool and his song is BANGING.
:ultisabelle:she's cute I guess
Ken: everyone knew already, and I don't care at all either way
Incineroar: Oh. Oh no...
Piranha Plant: ...Everything Is Awful, Everything Is Cruel Like You Wouldn't Believe, Everything Is Awful, Now Just Leave Me To Grieve

Ultrashroomz

Smash Journeyman
Ken: Was expected, but he legit looks sick, def looks like a powerful guy!
Incineroar: Meh :/
Pirahna Plant: "what... what... WHAT..." (I legit am hyped for him tho lmao)

Swaggy-G

Smash Apprentice
:ultinkling: HOLY **** A NEW SMASH BROS
:ultdaisy: Oh, it’s inferior Peach. Good for her fans I guess...
:ultridley: HELL YES
:ultsimon: Cool. Looks fun to play.
:ultrichter: Who?
:ultchrom: Couldn’t care less.
:ultdarksamus: Better Samus. Those animations looks sick as hell.
:ultkrool: Laughed my ass off at the Dedede ruse. Looks really fun to play.
:ultisabelle: Reveal trailer was **** and dragged on for too long. Looks fun though.
Ken: Meh.
Incineroar: Welp. I guess Grinch leak is dead. I have mixed feelings about this one. On one hand I have mixed feelings about him and feel that almost any other gen 7 Pokémon would have made a better choice. On the other hand his moveset looks fun and unique and they really nailed the animations.
Piranha Plant: Laughed so much I was in tears. Realized it’s the character I never knew I wanted. I love it.

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
:ultrichter: - I was like "Who? ANOTHER Castlevania character" the best thing about his reveal is that it opened my ears to "Bloodlines" and I haven't been able to get this tune out of my head ever since.
I see that I'm not the only you fell in love with this music after the reveal of Richter. I want to play Castlevania games now.

Gallerian

Smash Apprentice
:ultinkling: - Came alongside the announcement of Ultimate, so yeah, pretty hype. At the same time, their inclusion was kind of expected.

:ultdaisy:- Neat. Seems like she's gonna do more besides play sports with Mario.

:ultridley: - This reveal was the reason why I have a Smashboards account.

:ultsimon: - This was my number 1 hope for Smash. This was the hypest that I've ever been.

:ultrichter: - RICHTER TOO!? BEST TIMELINE.

:ultchrom: - He's got his chance. Though, I wish we could have had a character not from Awakening. He's a clone though, so no biggie.

:ultkrool: - This had to happen. And I'm glad it happened in the same game as Ridley.

:ultdarksamus: - Huh. Neat.

:ultisabelle: - She's the Luigi to the Villager. And she's super adorable. I shall play her.

Ken - Nice. This dude is pretty much the father of clone characters in fighting games.

Incineroar- Finally, those WWE games are gonna pay off!

Piranha Plant - I don't care what anyone thinks. I love this inclusion.

Speaking of the plant, there's two kinds of people: Those who love his inclusion and those who hate it with a burning passion. No in between.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Ken: so surprised lol, there is a boxing ring so.....
incenaroar: yep boring leak confirmed
Piranha plant: now we need goomba with a hat :p

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Ridley: Ha! Finally!

KKR: OMGWTFBBQ! YAAAAASSSSSS!

Everyone else: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

volbound1700

Smash Master
Every Character from E3 and 8/8/2018 Direct were GREAT. Everything since is absolute garbage for me. Piranha Plant is alright as the chaotic newcomer but I would definitely trade Incenaroar, Isabella, and Ken for most of the other popular characters requested by the fans. I am not hyped by any of those three.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
My Reactions:

:ultinkling:: A Splatoon 2 update? I need to try out Splatoo... WAIT WHY IS GOING DARK!? IS THAT THE SMASH LOGO!?
:ultdaisy:: Echo fighters? So like who else would be an echo fighte... Oh cool it's Daisy.
:ultridley:: Samus, Mario and Mega Man? Is it Ridley? LOL Daisy and Ridley. Rey from Star Wars confirmed.
:ultsimon:: It's Simon isn't it. Luigi, what you doing there? RUN LUIGI RUN! Why did they kill best Mario bro? Also, yep Simon Belmont is in.
:ultrichter:: Who is this guy? And why is he so hot?
:ultchrom:: Aww, Chrom did get his chance. That's nice. He's an Ike echo? No, a Roy one?
:ultdarksamus:: Cool. I don't know anything about this character, but I like the design of the armor.
:ultkrool:: Wait, is that K Rool? No, just classic Sakurai. So is it Dixi... NOPE IT IS K ROOL.
:ultisabelle:: Wait, new ANIMAL CROSSING?! Oh, Isabelle is in Smash as a newcomer. SWEET! Is TOM NOOK GOING TO BE AN ECHO? Oh, Animal Crossing 2019! SWEET! BEST REVEAL EVER!
:ultken:: Is Little Mac fighting Ken? Yep, it is Ken.
:ultincineroar:: K. Grinch leak is fake. Box theory is right. Isaac is going to be an assist. Incineroar looks alright though. *Proceeds to cry in ghost owl*
:ultpiranha:: What, why? Why? WHY? WHY?! WHY?! *Error 404. Brain has stopped working*

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
:ultinkling: = Expected and cool.
:ultdaisy: = Ok I guess, not really interested in Echos.
:ultridley: = About time, should have been in Brawl.
:ultsimon: = About time the Castlevania fans got a break for once considering how Konami has treated the franchise.
:ultrichter: = See Daisy.
:ultchrom: = See Daisy.
:ultdarksamus: = See Daisy.
:ultkrool: = Should have been in the game since Brawl.
:ultisabelle: = Not too excited but I understand why she is in.
Ken = Expected and unexcited, see Daisy.
Incieroar = I do not like characters added in for marketing just for the sake of it.
Piranha Plant = Now people will have to defend their support for individual characters over generic enemies within the same franchise.

JPW

Smash Ace
Inkling: NEW SMASH WOO! I always expected Inkling to be in the next Smash Game.

Daisy: Well Big Willy(old friend) is going to be happy.

Ridley: ABOUT DAMN TIME!

Simon Belmont: COOL!

Richter Belmont: Who is this guy? I don't know but COOL!

Dark Samus: Meh.

Chrom: Yay more Awakening reps(sarcasm)..... But I wanted Hector. Where is Hector??

King K Rool: LOL King Dedede is such a troll. Sakurai is such a troll. I'm not really a K Rool fan but damn he looks fun.

Isabelle: God damn you Vergeben you ruined the surprise. I can't believe she's a character.

Ken: Something tells me The Grinch Leak is fake. Always expected Ken ever since Sakurai called them echoes.

Incineroar: The Grinch Leak is fake. Disappointment no Isaac, but Incineroar looks nice. Might be a Pokemon I main for once. I'm also a wrestling fan. So it's nice to see a Pokemon with a Wrestler Type Moveset.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
:ultinkling: loved it but not surprising... felt like they were the most obvious shoe-in
:ultridley: YES!! been wanting you since Melee
:ultdaisy: oh... won't play her but I like her better than :ultpeach: so, a plus.
:ultchrom: not another one....
:ultdarksamus: didn't ask for you but you're cool
:ultkrool: He finally made it. I'm so proud
:ultsimon: guess that leak was right
:ultrichter: wait... who?
Isabelle: .... how can I possibly say no to that face.
:ultken:: The character I expected most next to Shadow when echos were announced but didn't expect this many differences.
:ultincineroar:: He made it!!! Incineroar is in Smash!! Can't wait to see the reactions on smashboards.
:ultpiranha:: okay, is it an AT, regular item, wait... no no no. LMAO they actually made this a playable character. Hold on he looks actually unique and interesting. I think I'll play him.

Last edited:

zeonie888

Smash Apprentice
:ultinkling:: Ah cool! They got in!
:ultdaisy:: Pretty cool!
:ultridley:: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! RIDLEEEEEEEEEE~! *does a little twirl while squealing with joy*
:ultsimon:: Wow! Simon's in! Really nice!
:ultrichter:: Oh? Simon's echo but still nice!
:ultmarth:: Ah, his time has come at last!
:ultdarksamus:: Cool! I wonder how they'll play differently than samus
:ultkrool:: OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEEEEEAAAAAH!!!! My two most wanted characters in! I'm eternally grateful! :D
:ultisabelle:: Aw~ How cute~ :3
Ken: There he is the original echo!
Incineroar: Nice! I always did like this feline!
Pirahna Plant: *laughing hysterically for the first fifteen seconds* This is so good! xD

D

Deleted member

Wow this blew up
:ultsimon: that's cool!
:ultrichter:who's this?
:ultkrool:let's go!
:ultisabelle:Yesss!!!!
:ultken: Expected
:ultincineroar: that's fine
:ultpiranha: What why how?

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
I wasn’t here for this so I’ll do it post-release

:ultinkling: - Was hype af for them. The hype paid off, quickly starting to love playing them
:ultdaisy: - Eh, Daisy’s cool I guess. Still feel the same way
:ultridley: - I love Metroid but I don’t use heavies. Still thought it was awesome he got in cause he deserved it and they did a good job on him. Wish he was a little better
:ultsimon: - Haven’t played Castlevania but understand the lore and definitely a welcome addition. Annoying ass moveset but true to their character
:ultrichter: - See Simon
:ultkrool: - **** yeah! He deserves it and the roster is now complete. Happy with how he came out wish he was a little better
:ultisabelle: - Hype because I love AC but I knew I wasn’t gonna use her. Wish she was better
:ultken: - Can we get Akuma instead plz?
:ultincineroar: - If you were gonna do a fire starter you should’ve done Infernape back in Brawl and Decidueye is soooooo much cooler. He’s a very unique fighter though. Don’t use him but good addition
:ultpiranha: - PLANNTTT!!!
:ultchrom: - So deserved! I love Awakening!! I would play him if his recovery wasn’t balls
:ultdarksamus: - Very very welcome addition. Metroid deserves the love
Joker - Damn I really need to play Persona 5

All the old heads back - hype af. Especially for Wolf and Snake and ICs

SNinjaStudios

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-1881-9214-4032
:ultinkling: - Love it! Though come on, who wasn't expecting them?
:ultdaisy: - Meh. Not a fan of Daisy.
:ultridley: - Holy **** am I dreaming?
:ultsimon: - Well he's a better third-party than Cloud and Bayo.
:ultrichter: - . . . . Fine, I guess.
:ultchrom: - Ugh, another Marth derivative?
:ultdarksamus: - Would've preferred a unique fighter but I'll take it!
:ultkrool: - What timeline are we living in
:ultisabelle: - Aw, cute!
:ultken: - Eh. It's not that I hate him; it's just that I don't care.
:ultincineroar: - Disappointment. So much disappointment.
:ultpiranha: - . . . What the actual **** am I looking at?
:ultjoker: - I have no idea who this is. (still haven't played Persona 5)

Last edited:

JiggyNinja

Smash Journeyman
Keep in mind, I skipped Smash 4 and never sought out any leaks to look at.

:ultinkling: Sure, cool.
:ultdaisy: She's cute. More my type than Peach.
:ultridley: That model...just looks really wrong. The hyper-detail seems to just really clash with every other character. I don't care about Ridley as a character but he just looks like **** here.
:ultsimon: That whip! Ooohh...I think I need to change my pants.
:ultrichter: ...why did we need two of these guys, are they that cool? I wonder how he's different from Simon.
:ultchrom: We're getting a clone of a clone. Clone-ception.
:ultdarksamus: Looks sick. I can't wait to see how it's different than regular Samus.*
:ultkrool: Nice bait and switch and switch joke. Big boy looks fun.
:ultisabelle: KYAAA :love::love::love:EmbarrassEmbarrassEmbarrass OH MY GOD SHE'S SO ****ING CUTE AND SQUISHY AND ADORABLE I LOVE HER I MUST PLAY HER NOW!! EmbarrassEmbarrassEmbarrass:love::love::love:
:ultken: Thought this would be coming.
:ultincineroar: See Ken.
:ultpiranha: :joyful: YEAH!!!!! Best reveal of them all! I love wacky **** like this!

* Joke's on me, I guess.

soviet prince

Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Keep in mind, I skipped Smash 4 and never sought out any leaks to look at.

:ultinkling: Sure, cool.
:ultdaisy: She's cute. More my type than Peach.
:ultridley: That model...just looks really wrong. The hyper-detail seems to just really clash with every other character. I don't care about Ridley as a character but he just looks like **** here.
:ultsimon: That whip! Ooohh...I think I need to change my pants.
:ultrichter: ...why did we need two of these guys, are they that cool? I wonder how he's different from Simon.
:ultchrom: We're getting a clone of a clone. Clone-ception.
:ultdarksamus: Looks sick. I can't wait to see how it's different than regular Samus.*
:ultkrool: Nice bait and switch and switch joke. Big boy looks fun.
:ultisabelle: KYAAA :love::love::love:EmbarrassEmbarrassEmbarrass OH MY GOD SHE'S SO ****ING CUTE AND SQUISHY AND ADORABLE I LOVE HER I MUST PLAY HER NOW!! EmbarrassEmbarrassEmbarrass:love::love::love:
:ultken: Thought this would be coming.
:ultincineroar: See Ken.
:ultpiranha: :joyful: YEAH!!!!! Best reveal of them all! I love wacky **** like this!

* Joke's on me, I guess.
does not get way some people think ridley design is bad when it one of the best in the cast

Last edited:

JiggyNinja

Smash Journeyman
does not get way some people think ridley design is bad when it one of the best in the cast
It's much too detailed compared to the rest of the cast. Something closer to his more cartoony design in Brawl would have been better.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Honestly looking back at this thread I don’t think we could’ve asked for more from this roster, they delivered and went above and beyond

Ahhh We got both K Rool and Ridley, those were the big two. We got Inklings (of course but very welcome addition). We got Castevania (personally haven’t played any but they’re super iconic games and have deep ties with Nintendo). We got some sick echos (I hope we all know by now echos don’t “take up” unique characters rosters spots they’re just extra ok cool fun for us) even though I wish Ryu’s echo would’ve been Akuma, he’s so much cooler but I’m not complaining. Ahhh ok I wanna was. We got Joker out of left field but definitely a welcome addition. And we got Plant!!! How can anyone complain about the roster with Plant!!????!

Arguably more importantly than all that we got everyone back from every Smash game ever! Like seriously how cool is that? Sure there are a couple of characters people want in the game but it will always be like that, no matter what. Not everyone can get in the game and somebody’s favorite will always be left out

How could anybody look at this game’s roster and be like “yeah but I wish we had character x or y and if we don’t get this character I’m going to be mad” taking the amount of work and love put into it for granted (it happens a lot here)? It’s just so much entitlement (not all character requests a certain kind). So yeah basically I’m 100% happy with the newcomers and whoever they decide to add from here on out

soviet prince

Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
It's much too detailed compared to the rest of the cast. Something closer to his more cartoony design in Brawl would have been better.
he supposed to look intimadating I want him to stand out so ever character will know that he is in a entire different league :p. I do think it be cool to have a alt custom of his melee look

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
:ultinkling:
March 2018 - No way, Smash Bros is coming to switch and those squid kids from Splatoon are going to be apart of it? This is so awesome. I really hope it isn't just an enhanced Smash 4 port like everyone's saying it is.

June 2018 - Oh my god, it's a new game. This is awesome. Who's coming back? Oh yeah, Inkling is here too. Cool.
:ultdaisy:
- Wait, what is this new "Echo Fighter" bull crap? Oh hey, we got Daisy. How are they going to work? What? Sakurai, I need answers.

:ultridley:
- We're getting Subspace? Is that what this cut scene is? Wait, I think I recognize that character, and Samus is part of the group. Ridley? Ridley? Ridley! We got Ridley! Wooooooooooooooooooo.

:ultsimon:
Before Name is Revealed - Wow, this direct started off dark, oh that's Simon's boot! Simon's in Smash! Wait, Luigi died? What the f***? Please tell me this isn't cannon just like in the first Subspace Emissary.

After Name is Revealed - Oh wow, Simon's looking pretty good. Dang that range is unlike anything I have ever seen.
:ultrichter:
- Wow, another Castlevania representative. Wait, what even is the difference between him and Simon? Doesn't matter, he looks way cooler. If I main a Belmont, I'm going with Richter.

:ultchrom:
Before Dark Samus - I think it's about time he got in as a playable fighter. Looks like he's echoing Ike. Wait, those are some Roy moves. What is he, some form of mixed echo fighter?

After Dark Samus - Okay, so Chrom is a Roy echo. Got it.
:ultdarksamus:- Oh, she's looking pretty cool. I sure hope the internet don't ruin this character by calling her edgy like they did with Dark Pit. Oh wow, she's looking pretty cool. She will probably suck when it comes to tier lists like Samus, but still.

:ultkrool:- So wait, why were we being shown many of these franchises before cutting to the Donkey Kong tree house, whatever this type of home is? Oh, it's King K Rool. Never seen this character before, but I knew we were getting a Donkey Kong villain. He's looking pretty cool.

:ultisabelle:- Oh is this Animal Crossing for Switch? Oh wait, Isabelle's in Smash. Echo? No she's unique. Wow. Awesome.

:ultken:- It's Ken! I mean it's nice, but just about every somewhat credible leak said Ken, so the next character can still be anyone.

:ultincineroar:
Before Revealed as Final Character - Oh s***, the Grinch Leaks were false! This direct is anyone's game. Wait, this is Incineroar. F***, that means no Decidueye. That would have been a way cooler character. Literally any fire type could have been turned into one, but Decidueye was one of a kind, and now his chances are ruined. F***!

After Revealed as Final Character - And now I kind of wish the Grinch Leaks were real. These reveals were a huge let down.
:ultpiranha:
Bare this in mind. When this direct hit this point in time, I was in choir class, so I had no audio when I watched it for the first time, and I wasn't paying as much attention to what was happening on screen.

While Live - Oh, is this some sort of item or something? That's cool. Wait, assist trophy? What? I'm confused.

Watched Later - Oh my god, he's playable! What? Why?

Last edited:

JiggyNinja

Smash Journeyman
he supposed to look intimadating I want him to stand out so ever character will know that he is in a entire different league :p. I do think it be cool to have a alt custom of his melee look
My impression is very much based on a visceral emotional reaction and not any kind of coherent logic. All I can tell you is that from the very moment he was revealed, I was repulsed by Ridley's design. I've gotten used to him, but there's no way I'll be convinced that he looks good.

I'm not trying to convince you either, just stating what my impression is.

SoaPuffball

Smash Cadet
:ultinkling:: Predictable. kden
:ultdaisy:: Makes sense to add Peach’s “Player 2” alt as an echo fighter
:ultridley:: Well, guess he’s not too big now!
:ultsimon::ultrichter:: Nice!
:ultchrom:: That Id Purpose remix is FIRE
:ultdarksamus:: wait it actually made it in?
:ultkrool:: now that both ridley and k rool are in, it’s just about anyone’s game now
:ultisabelle:: Ok then. Wait she’s not an echo? I’m confused.
:ultken:: Predictable.
:ultincineroar:: Okay, we got this wrestling guy instead of an archer or a songstress, ok...
:ultpiranha:: Piranha Plant is some Lawl spinoff stuff (like goomba or goku or some other impossible character), so why is it in Smash?

Last edited:

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
:ultinkling: New main
:ultdaisy: This opens up so many possibilities for possible Echoes
:ultridley: Not my favourite Ridley design, but thrilled that reason prevailed
:ultsimon: Figures. Makes more sense than most third party additions
:ultrichter: Why?
:ultchrom: Nice, although I was somehow surprised that he was an Echo of Roy instead of Ike, even though Ike would have made no sense at all
:ultdarksamus: Another obvious Echo choice, can't wait to see some others
:ultkrool: Throw the crown throw the crown throw the crown throw the crown throw the crown throw the crown throw the crown
:ultken: ANOTHER obvious Echo, especially after Richter. Still hoping to see some interesting ones.
:ultisabelle: What do you mean she's not an echo? Also, that was the most tedious reveal trailer of all time
:ultincineroar: I didn't really have much reaction to this to be honest. It was just kind of there
:ultpiranha: What a bizarre choice. I used to lobby for Petey Piranha, but these moves look hilarious, and everyone's so angry which is even more hilarious. Smash has been taking itself too seriously so I like this new bit of whimsy

Joker - I actually thought it was a joke meme and didn't believe it was real until several days later when I watched the reveal trailer. Then I thought - this is Snake and Cloud-level ridiculous. But then again, the original Smash concept has been gone for a long time so it really doesn't matter who they add at this point. I now figure the remaining four DLC spots are Steve, Heihachi, Master Chief and Crash Bandicoot. No need to purchase the Fighters Pass after all.

Last edited:

soviet prince

Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
:ultinkling: New main
:ultdaisy: This opens up so many possibilities for possible Echoes
:ultridley: Not my favourite Ridley design, but thrilled that reason prevailed
:ultsimon: Figures. Makes more sense than most third party additions
:ultrichter: Why?
:ultchrom: Nice, although I was somehow surprised that he was an Echo of Roy instead of Ike, even though Ike would have made no sense at all
:ultdarksamus: Another obvious Echo choice, can't wait to see some others
:ultkrool: Throw the crown throw the crown throw the crown throw the crown throw the crown throw the crown throw the crown
:ultken: ANOTHER obvious Echo, especially after Richter. Still hoping to see some interesting ones.
:ultisabelle: What do you mean she's not an echo? Also, that was the most tedious reveal trailer of all time
:ultincineroar: I didn't really have much reaction to this to be honest. It was just kind of there
:ultpiranha: What a bizarre choice. I used to lobby for Petey Piranha, but these moves look hilarious, and everyone's so angry which is even more hilarious. Smash has been taking itself too seriously so I like this new bit of whimsy

Joker - I actually thought it was a joke meme and didn't believe it was real until several days later when I watched the reveal trailer. Then I thought - this is Snake-level ridiculous. But then again, the original Smash concept has been gone for a long time so it really doesn't matter who they add at this point. I now figure the remaining four DLC spots are Steve, Heihachi, Master Chief and Crash Bandicoot. No need to purchase the Fighters Pass after all.
joker is a good character from a good game, and worthy dlc choice

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Note, I'm also including the returning fighters

:ultinkling:: given how popular Splatoon is, I saw it coming. Inkling Girl is one of my mains however, and she is cute.

:ulticeclimbers:, :ultpokemontrainer: with :ultsquirtle: and :ultivysaur:, :ultsnake:, :ultpichu:, :ultyounglink: and :ultwolf:: There all back, this SSB game will rock. Also :ultpokemontrainerf: is in the game too, good Pokémon Trainer needs more fans.

:ultdaisy:: A bit surprised, but another main to play.

:ultridley:: No longer Too Big. Meta Ridley is playable too so great.

:ultsimon:: Luigi is fine, and Castlevania joining smash, good, more third parties.

:ultrichter:: More Castlevania characters, they really did a great job representing this franchise.

:ultchrom:: Chrom "I suppose I'll get a chance another day", "No you'll get it today".

:ultdarksamus:: Metroid is becoming dominant is smash bros all the sudden, nice.

:ultkrool:: King Dedede's prank is funny, and the King K.Rool smacks him from behind, giving Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong hilarious reactions. Another character to main with great recovery and deadly attacks.

:ultisabelle:: Cute Trailer, Isabelle is very cute, but be warned, her fishing rod is lethal.

:ultken:: Capcom is get represented very well in smash bros as well, and the original echo-fighter joins the fight.

:ultincineroar:: Another Pokémon and this time, ready to wrestle the opponents. Incineroar has one of the best new final smashes in this game, so another main to choose.

:ultpiranha:: One step closer to having plants vs zombies in SSB. Piranha Plant just opened the door for more playable mooks. Another main to play.

Joker: Another third party revealed, and just one day before this game came out, surprising.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
My Reactions Go like this...

:ultkrool::ultridley: - Don’t really know them but I am very happy for the Smash community.

:ultdaisy::ultchrom: - Favorites

:ultpiranha: - Funny, definitely like the outside the box thinking.

:ultisabelle: - I like her, and I think she deserved her spot. Defended her against angry Smash fans as Animal Crossing deserves two reps.

:ultinkling: - Like them, but not surprised they are in

:ultken::ultincineroar: - Could honestly care less

:ultsimon::ultrichter: - Perfect 3rd party for Smash, even if I don’t know them.

Joker - Shocked, I love that he’s coming even without any knowledge on Persona.

D

Deleted member

Inkling: Not a surprise at all
Ridley: I mean, how wouldn't they put him in?
Daisy: It's quite a shame she's only an echo.
Simon: if I was not watching his reveal in a library, I would've screamed. BEST. REVEAL. EVER.
Richter: Again, a shame he's a mere echo of Simon, considering they don't have the same abilities and fighting styles.
King K. Rool: Again, who thought they wouldn't put him in?
Chrom: Roy without fire. Pathetic.
Dark Samus: The most disappointing newcomer of the entire game IUAM. The pinnacle of laziness on Nintendo's part.
Isabelle: Not the most exciting reveal, but hey, at least she isn't an echo
Incineroar: Good to see a representative of the new region.
Ken: Would've preferred Blanka or Chun-Li, but this guy's fine.
Pirahna Plant: I personally saw this reveal how people saw Pink Gold Peach in MK8. Like, what the hell. Of all the good Mario characters, you put in a mere obstacle? You could've put in Geno, or Captain Toad, like, why something so random?

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom