• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Reaction If....

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
They remade the right game.

HWYR if there was a "Sonic 3D All-Stars" (obviously with a different title) that came with both Adventure games, Heroes, Unleashed, Colors and Generations? You can also unlock 06 and 3D Blast as bonuses.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Neat!

HWYR if Capcom released "complete" versions of the Megaman and Megaman X Legacy Collections? They're updated in some small ways (like less lag during more demanding segments of the games) and you get all the games in one collection (Megaman 1-10 and X 1-8).

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Hmm, cool. I'd wish I knew that when I bought the X Legacy Collection though.

HWYR if they added Switch icons using the following artwork?

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Would be pretty cool!

HWYR if these characters were deconfirmed?
  • Master Chief (Halo)
  • Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
  • Geno (Super Mario RPG)
  • Gen 8 Pokemon (Pokemon)
  • Dante (Devil May Cry)
  • Reimu (Touhou
  • Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear)

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Master Chief would break my heart, be slightly sad about Dante, but jump for joy about everyone else.

HWYR if Olive Higgins from the "Purrfect Apawcalypse" trilogy was added as an bonus fighter [comes with Coco (I think her name was) and Patches Sword Fighter costumes]

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Who? is that a sparkledog?

HWYR if Peppino and The Noise from Pizza Tower got Mii Costumes, and said Mii Costumes included extra masks for their different facial emotions at no extra charge? (so Peppino's Mii costume would come with 4 masks: angry, anxious, smug, and injured; while The Noise's Mii costume would also come with 4 masks: goofy, demonic, cheeky and scared)

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
Megaman 1-10 and X 1-8
Where's 11?
HWYR if Peppino and The Noise from Pizza Tower got Mii Costumes, and said Mii Costumes included extra masks for their different facial emotions at no extra charge? (so Peppino's Mii costume would come with 4 masks: angry, anxious, smug, and injured; while The Noise's Mii costume would also come with 4 masks: goofy, demonic, cheeky and scared)
Sounds alright I guess.

HWYR if you accidentally got a toothpick stuck under your toenail?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I'm pretty much immune to toenail pain so I probably wouldn't care or even notice. Recently I slid off mud and stubbed my toe on a wooden door - the top half of my nail was hanging off and my toe was bleeding but it only hurt for like half a minute.

HWYR if they did an "old shame" Spirit Board event featuring Morshu; Oogtar; Bluster Kong and Movie!Mario - all using new, original 3D artwork like the B-K spirits?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I'm pretty much immune to toenail pain so I probably wouldn't care or even notice. Recently I slid off mud and stubbed my toe on a wooden door - the top half of my nail was hanging off and my toe was bleeding but it only hurt for like half a minute.

HWYR if they did an "old shame" Spirit Board event featuring Morshu; Oogtar; Bluster Kong and Movie!Mario - all using new, original 3D artwork like the B-K spirits?
Eh, sure...?

HWYR if Bandana Dee was a DLC fighter featuring content primarily from the modern Kirby games?

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
Bandee is cool.

HWYR if the Assist Trophy case had a 1% chance to be a "dud," and duds are just thrown at the opponent instead of summoning anything?

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
They already do, with Goldeen.

HWYR if Sonic was given a rework, and one of his new moves was the Light Speed Dash?

Ridley64

Smash Journeyman
Mildly interested, but go back to playing Undertale.

HWYR If all Deltarune chapters released today, but none of them confirm any sensible theories?

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I don't really care.

HWYR if a World of Light expansion was released, with a heavier emphasis on story, more cutscenes, a five star spirit class, 200+ new spirits (obviously not all of them will be five-star), some new bosses, and a new world map to explore?

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
I don't really care.

HWYR if a World of Light expansion was released, with a heavier emphasis on story, more cutscenes, a five star spirit class, 200+ new spirits (obviously not all of them will be five-star), some new bosses, and a new world map to explore?
I would love it. :)

HWYR if Waddle Doo in a jester's hat and a wand was Bandana Dee's Echo Fighter?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
YES! YES!

HWYR if the last 3 FP2 characters each came with major changes to different base game characters for free? those being:

Ness - has a Wonderwing-esque limit for Side B, however it is greatly increased in power. Down B now serves as a reflector for non-energy projectiles like G&W's bucket. Has 16 alts, 4 of his new alts being his robot form, and another 4 being Paula as an alt character.

Little Mac - better jump height and new aerial attacks, now a competent air fighter but still ground focused. Gets his 3DS/Wii U Wire Frame alts back

Sonic - design changed to Classic. Down B and Side B combined into one with the Down B move activated on the ground and what used to be the Side B activated in the air with the Drop Dash, Side B changed to Boost (autocharge move like R.O.B. neutral B). Has proper alt costumes now.

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
Sonic - design changed to Classic.
I wouldn't support that, I feel like that kind of thing would constitute removing content from the game. If merely adding additional Classic Sonic alts isn't an option, then the only viable option is for Classic Sonic to be his own separate character. The changes to the other characters? Would be interesting to see how they go in practise

HWYR if Nintendo gave :ultinkling:/:ultinklingboy: a backstory where the two of them became friends after the former defended the latter from bullies in school?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I wouldn't support that, I feel like that kind of thing would constitute removing content from the game. If merely adding additional Classic Sonic alts isn't an option, then the only viable option is for Classic Sonic to be his own separate character. The changes to the other characters? Would be interesting to see how they go in practise

HWYR if Nintendo gave :ultinkling:/:ultinklingboy: a backstory where the two of them became friends after the former defended the latter from bullies in school?
That's stupid. Really defeats the purpose of having customisable characters. It's like giving Miis or Villagers a backstory. Maybe for an adaptation but not for canon.

mario kart roster.png

HWYR if this was the roster for Mario Kart 9 (ignore the terrible editing)?

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
Maybe for an adaptation
That's what I meant, look at the kinds of things they do with Pokemon's protagonists

On topic: Again, I'd question why 3rd parties can be in Mario Kart but Inkling can't return. (I also can't even begin to imagine what "Mabowser" would look like)

HWYR if Phanto was a Stage Hazard in the current SMB2 stage (Mushroom Kingdom II)?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
That's what I meant, look at the kinds of things they do with Pokemon's protagonists

On topic: Again, I'd question why 3rd parties can be in Mario Kart but Inkling can't return. (I also can't even begin to imagine what "Mabowser" would look like)

HWYR if Phanto was a Stage Hazard in the current SMB2 stage (Mushroom Kingdom II)?
I’d be possibly annoyed.

HWYR if Ventus was Sora’s Echo Fighter.

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
I'd be cool with that honestly, the more KH content, the better

HWYR if Daroach got in Smash before Bandana Dee, Marx or Magolor?

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209
Obligatory 'I have no connection to the subject of the above question' response. If they were introduced in the next Smash game's base roster (assuming there is another Smash game), I wouldn't mind, but if they were DLC for Ultimate, I'd be a little disappointed since there are a limited number of Challenger Pack slots.

HWYR if your most wanted third-party character for Smash got added to a rival platform fighter like Brawlhalla and were deconfirmed for Smash as a result? (Not saying that, for example, Rayman is deconfirmed for Smash since he's in Brawlhalla; assume the creator of your character said afterwards they weren't going to be in Smash)

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Obligatory 'I have no connection to the subject of the above question' response. If they were introduced in the next Smash game's base roster (assuming there is another Smash game), I wouldn't mind, but if they were DLC for Ultimate, I'd be a little disappointed since there are a limited number of Challenger Pack slots.

HWYR if your most wanted third-party character for Smash got added to a rival platform fighter like Brawlhalla and were deconfirmed for Smash as a result? (Not saying that, for example, Rayman is deconfirmed for Smash since he's in Brawlhalla; assume the creator of your character said afterwards they weren't going to be in Smash)
Has to be Rivals of Aether. I’d sooner stop playing smash than have my most wanted get in Brawlhalla. But yeah, having Akira (Astral Chain) in Rivals or Dead Cells in Fraymakers would be awesome.

HWYR if your favorite dormant franchise got a new game?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
MOLE MANIA 2 BABY!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

HWYR if Geno's Mii Costume was brought back?

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I’d be pretty bummed. Not that I’ve played SMRPG, I haven’t, but the enthusiasm from the Geno fan base alone has made me want him.

HWYR if we got another Final Fantasy character, but they only came with another Battlefield clone of a stage and two music tracks, and a spirit board with only five spirits?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
I’d be pretty bummed. Not that I’ve played SMRPG, I haven’t, but the enthusiasm from the Geno fan base alone has made me want him.

HWYR if we got another Final Fantasy character, but they only came with another Battlefield clone of a stage and two music tracks, and a spirit board with only five spirits?
I mean, any amount of Spirits is better than none, so I'll take it.

HYWR if we got Azura instead of Corrin, and Roy's return was saved for then?

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
YES, I would love that. But only if we get a Gex Mii Gunner costume.

HWYR if Nintendo released Mario 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy separately after March 31st 2021?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
YES, I would love that. But only if we get a Gex Mii Gunner costume.

HWYR if Nintendo released Mario 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy separately after March 31st 2021?
Only if each game was $20.

HWYR if the only Disney content that came with Sora's Challenger Pack was a Spirit of Donald and Goofy (KH versions specifically)?

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Not even a stage? If so, I would've rather had Geno, at least he might come with a stage. I would be happy Sora was in at first, but after realizing he takes up an entire Challenger Pack and wasn't a separate like Piranha Plant, be really sad.

HWYR
You've been a fan of One Piece (the anime) for a while, let's say since 2013, it's 2021 and the series is near it's end. In an epic battle, Luffy (I think that's MCs name, not sure) dies in a pretty tragic way.

Saddened, you tried to forget about One Piece and been onto other stuff. It's now 2023, you're on your twitter dot com, and then a random ad appeared you usually hate. But you noticed at a quick glance something looked weird. It was Luffy, but slightly different looking.

Confused, you actually clicked and read the article, and you find out an anime adaptation of a manga you never heard of is coming. The name, "One Piece Part 2, Battle Tendency," and the main character is Luffy's child who uses more brains than fists and the anime is now more based on strategical fighting (with the child being weaker, but smarter)
A manga running for decades (One Piece) you loved kills the main character, and then in 2 years later you find out an anime is being made called "One Piece Part 2, Battle Tendency" starring Luffy's smarter-but-weaker-than-him child

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
I would get his autograph

HWYR if there was a stage that took place inside Prince Froggy's stomach, and if you fall down his intestines you get KO'd?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
I would get his autograph

HWYR if there was a stage that took place inside Prince Froggy's stomach, and if you fall down his intestines you get KO'd?
I'd be...kinda weirded out.

HWYR if we got CP8 at the Game Awards, but it was a lesser-known IP from a major company already represented in Smash (for example, Sakura Wars)?

Top Bottom