• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Reaction If....

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
It's like Banjo's announcement. I knew it was inevitable, it was coming and was obvious, but I'd still be pretty hype.

HWYR if Phineas and Ferb was a world in the next final fantasy game (or more like town, I just said world just as a bait to make you think we were still talking about Kingdom Hearts)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
That would be nigh-impossible to comprehend - but the memes would be spicy.

HWYR if the next Mario's kart's roster was:
Mario
Luigi
Stanley
Peach
Daisy
Pauline
Rosalina & Luma
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Goomba
Paratroopa
Hammer Bro.
Sidestepper
Kamek
Toad
Toadette
Toadsworth
Wario
Waluigi
Warupichi
Mabowser
Yoshi
Poochy
The Stork
DK
Diddy
Dixie
Funky
Cranky
K. Rool
Ashley & Red
Dr. Crygor
Penny Crygor
Rudy the Clown
Dribble & Spitz
Captain Syrup
Tatanga
Vivian
Lady Bow
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Baby Peach
Baby Daisy
Nabbit
King Bob-Omb
King Boo
Dry Bones
Birdetta
Mouser
Wart
Fever, Chill, and Weird
Shy Guy
Aqualea
Dry Bowser
Dry Bowser Jr.
Fawful
Boom Boom
Pom Pom
Marty the Thwomp
Sonic (uses classic design)
Tails
Knuckles
Link (now Toon)
Zelda/Tetra (changes upon trick)
Tingle

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
I'd question why 3rd party characters are able to get into Mario Kart but Inkling can't return

HWYR if Nintendo made a TV series where Mario established a new team of heroes, and the blue and orange Inklings were part of that team? (the Inklings would be the main protagonists of that TV show, with Mario playing a supporting role)

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
If it played out like something such as Power Rangers or Cowboy Bebop then I'd be down for it.

HWYR if Luigi from Super Mario Bros. was suddenly added into Tekken 7 and neither Bandai Namco nor Nintendo publicly acknowledged this?

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
He's been in Tekken 7, for like a long while. Wait, you didn't know? I get Bandai and Nintendo didn't acknolwedge it, but you've seen the news about it right?
Not at all care, I'm into multiple fighting games but I've never been a Tekken person. Ok, guess it would shock me for a second, but other than that I wouldn't care

HWYR if Ryu from Streets™️ was removed from Street Fighter, and is replaced by Ryu 2, BAYBEEH (that's his name, Ryu 2, BAYBEEH). He's basically the same, except he does exactly 2 more damage for each of his moves. Also, he has a slightly altered backstory from Ryu. So canonically Ryu and Ryu 2, BAYBEEH are different people.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
He's been in Tekken 7, for like a long while. Wait, you didn't know? I get Bandai and Nintendo didn't acknolwedge it, but you've seen the news about it right?
Not at all care, I'm into multiple fighting games but I've never been a Tekken person. Ok, guess it would shock me for a second, but other than that I wouldn't care

HWYR if Ryu from Streets™️ was removed from Street Fighter, and is replaced by Ryu 2, BAYBEEH (that's his name, Ryu 2, BAYBEEH). He's basically the same, except he does exactly 2 more damage for each of his moves. Also, he has a slightly altered backstory from Ryu. So canonically Ryu and Ryu 2, BAYBEEH are different people.
I'd be...confused.

HWYR if Scizor was out Gen 2 rep instead of :ultpichu:?

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
I guess it would be interesting to solve the mystery behind the Thwomp jail

HWYR if Inkling's parry animation involved them holding a Splat Brella, similar to how Steve holds the shield from Minecraft in his parry animation?

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NiGHTS for Smash? Awesome!

HWYR if, instead of a 3D Modern style game and a 2D Classic style game, we got a Modern Sonic 2D game (like Advance or Rush games) and a 3D Classic game?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
I'd have very specific standards for a 3D Classic game, and I'm not sure I'd trust Sega, or anyone really, with it.

HWYR if Sonic Mania 2 was revealed, and it featured Amy and Bean as new playable characters; as well as Fang as the main villain instead of Eggman?
As long as Eggman was playable, then sure.

HYWR if an Ultimate rerelease on a stronger version of the Switch allowed for 10-player Smash on some stages?

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
That'd be cool!

HWYR if the Sonic Mania team (Christian Whitehead, Headcannon, Pagoda West, Hyperkinetic) created a Sega-lincensed 2D remake of the Adventure gmaes?
Surprised... I seriously need to explore new games, because I feel like the Adventure gmaes are popular and I just might not know them because I am uncultured.

HWYR if Sega announced a game where people roller skated and tagged graffiti, you see Beat from JSR tagging a street... and then it's just a "Sonic and All Stars: Graffiti The World" (or some stupid name like that) and Beat and maybe the beginner tutorial stage where you recruit Gum are the only JSR references in the entire game. (also, there are only around 3-5 JSR songs in the game)

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
tHAT WOULD BE AWESOME111
I seriously need to explore new games, because I feel like the Adventure gmaes are popular and I just might not know them because I am uncultured.
Sonic's first real 3D outings were Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 on the Dreamcast. They're good games, I recommend you get to them at some point.

HWYR if the same people who leaked Luigi in Mario 64 happen to find the Wario Apparition?

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Sonic's first real 3D outings were Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 on the Dreamcast. They're good games, I recommend you get to them at some point.
I feel like a fricking dumb... grass? I thought you were referring to a new series, not the sonic adventure series, heck I even own the first sonic adventure game on my computer (got it in a bundle that was cheap, along with JSR and Bass Fishing to name a few). Okay, to change my reaction now I know this...

Not hyped, as while I do enjoy 2D Sonic, imo the Adventure games were the close we had to good 3D sonic games and seeing it turn 2D instead of 3D (for what I would've hoped to be better polish and graphics), and to just make it another 2D game would make me sad.

HWYR if the same people who leaked Luigi in Mario 64 happen to find the Wario Apparition?
I can't give a singular ounce of care to Super Mario 64, so I can't give a singular ounce of care. Heck, I had no idea Luigi was even leaked in Mario 64 and I still don't care.

HWYR if during E3 2020 2, during Sony's press conference we got PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale 2, BAYBEEH (just like the Ryu and Ryu 2, BAYBEEH situation, the ", BAYBEEH" is part of the title), and some of the first newcomers we see are Cloud, and Yu Narukami.

Last edited:

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
Mimikyu would be cool

HWYR if Ultra Necrozma was added as a boss battle?

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
That'd be fun!

HWYR if we got these three obscure Sonic characters as mii costumes?
Fang the Sniper/Nack the Weasel-Gunner
Honey the Cat-Brawler
Excalibur Sonic-Swordfighter

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
I'd pinch myself. Pinch myself again. Punch myself. Really make sure I'm awake. Do so many things making sure I'm awake I accidentally game end myself.

What would be your own reaction to the scenario that there was a new rule on this thread acted immediately l, that instead of "HWYR" you HAVE to put "What would be your own reaction to the scenario that..." in front of your reaction scenario, oh and for some reason your copy and paste doesn't work on this thread so you can't copy and paste that.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
I'd pinch myself. Pinch myself again. Punch myself. Really make sure I'm awake. Do so many things making sure I'm awake I accidentally game end myself.

What would be your own reaction to the scenario that there was a new rule on this thread acted immediately l, that instead of "HWYR" you HAVE to put "What would be your own reaction to the scenario that..." in front of your reaction scenario, oh and for some reason your copy and paste doesn't work on this thread so you can't copy and paste that.
I'd be SUPER annoyed. Don't make me go full verbose.

What would be your feeling experienced in response to Sora from the Kingdom HeartsTM video game franchise joining the hit new video game known as Super Smash Bros. UltimateTM?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Unless he gets Disney spirits/Mii Costumes, pretty indifferent.

HWYR if Sega announced a new 2D Classic Sonic game and a new 3D Modern Sonic game with the same teams as Mania and Forces respectively, but the Classic game is the big; ambitious; physical release one, while the Modern game is more of a small scale download title? (the reverse of Mania and Forces basically)

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Why...why would that be okay? Not only are they putting less emphasis on Modern (who's lost his identity to memes and nostalgia this decade) but it's the same teams? That means we're getting the same director who is part of the reason Forces was so bad? And even then, it's not even good for Classic fans, because it just shows that Sega can't do anything but rely on what came before. (okay, rant over.)

HWYR if Matt Makes Games announced a sequel to Celeste, but since they wrapped up Madeline's story, this time the story is centered on her friend Theo? (controls would be very similar to the first game)

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I would be very happy. Though the AT thing is weird, but if we can have a Bomberman AT and a Bomberman costume onstage at the same time I don't see any problem here.

HWYR if Galaxy 2 and 3D Land were added to 3D All Stars as free DLC, along with a new menu where you control Mario in Peach's castle (remodeled after the 64 one) to access the games, music, museum, and other things?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
I would be very happy. Though the AT thing is weird, but if we can have a Bomberman AT and a Bomberman costume onstage at the same time I don't see any problem here.

HWYR if Galaxy 2 and 3D Land were added to 3D All Stars as free DLC, along with a new menu where you control Mario in Peach's castle (remodeled after the 64 one) to access the games, music, museum, and other things?
That’d be cool!

HWYR if Sunshine was remade for 3D All-Stars, but 64 and Galaxy were unchanged?

Top Bottom