• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Reaction If....

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Oh, my bad. Yeah, that would be a good note to end the Fighter's Pass on, IMO.

HWYR if Microsoft announced an XBOX mini?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
That sounds awesome! hope they keep the OG Xbox's Y2K aesthetic on the menus!

HWYR if an SSBU Deluxe was made for next-next gen consoles (yes, plural - this is assuming Nintendo goes 3rd party), with the following new content on base game:

All DLC (inc. Spirits) on disc, a stripped down download-only "battle version" with only multiplayer modes is also available
Multiple new alternate costumes, both recolours and model changes
2 fully new characters on disc: Waluigi and Knuckles
3 new echo fighters: Funky Kong, Paula, Ms. Pac-Man
All stages that aren't in SSBU (sans Miiverse and with Pyrosphere/Jungle Hijinx/Pac-Maze lacking their old gimmicks) return, including single player stages.
Built-in Mii maker with asymmetry, non-realistic colours for skin, and multiple new facial features included
Exclusive Sony and Microsoft-themed Spirit Boards
Multiple moveset revamps for characters such as Sonic and Ness.

along with the confirmation of a Fighters Pass 3 and 4, developed without Sakurai's involvement?

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
3 & 4 without Sakurai's involvement sound like a wild ride. I'm curious as to who would be overseeing that. I'm glad that XBox and PS players can finally experience Nintendo games on their console of choice. I hope the new content like Waluigi and Knuckles, stages, Mii Maker, echoes, costumes, and moveset revamps get put on Switch in an update (maybe a 10$ or 15$ Super Smash Bros. Ultimate X Sony and Microsoft DLC-with the Mii Maker stuff being a free Switch update?). Very excited to see what they do with Sonic. Also I like the inclusion of a "battle version".

HWYR if the Portal Collection, along with a new, all inclusive Half Life collection, come to Switch? (sorry, no Half-Life 3)

Last edited:

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
I'd be stoked, i remember downloading this fan-made little 3ds Portal demo after installing homebrew on it, just to have it on-the-go.

HWYR if Sakurai came to your house and offered to remove your nails one by one if it means getting a better chance of your most wanted getting in smash. Let's say each nail is a 10% chance added, so giving away all of your nails would mean having any character of your choice added for sure. The conditions would be that : 1) It has to be nails that are on your hand 2) It has to be somewhat painful, so no anesthesia or anything of the sort.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Okay, I don't want Shadow that much...I'll keep my nails, tyvm Sakruai-san.

HWYR if you bumped into Sakurai on the street, and he had his translator with him? (After the pandemic)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Wouldn't care. All the FE characters are just the same to me.

HWYR if, after getting kicked out of your hotel on a trip to Japan, you met a kindly man who invited you to stay in his house, and in there you discovered a Nintendo Switch dev kit next to a small posing mannequin, notebook, and collection of Waluigi merchandise?

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Wouldn't care. All the FE characters are just the same to me.

HWYR if, after getting kicked out of your hotel on a trip to Japan, you met a kindly man who invited you to stay in his house, and in there you discovered a Nintendo Switch dev kit next to a small posing mannequin, notebook, and collection of Waluigi merchandise?
I think I’d probably head back to America.

HWYR if there was a Plants vs. Zombies Warriors game?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
That would be wack

HWYR be if they added geno as a mii costume again, but it looks like this
View attachment 290560
I’d be okay with it, especially if it came with “Beware the Forest’s Mushrooms”.

HWYR if Age of Calamity used Fire Emblem gameplay instead of Dynasty Warriors gameplay, but was still authentic to Breath of the Wild?

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I don't really care since I don't like Warriors style games or FE style games.

HWYR if Splatoon 2, Smash Ultimate, and Breath of the Wild came to Series X and PS5? (With the the option to buy all three at once for fifteen bucks off)

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Believe it or not I wasn't following Smash news at the time, so I had to find out with the back of box from GameStop. And when I did I was pretty stoked.

How DID you react to Smash Ultimate's "Everyone Is Here" fighter video?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Rayman would be hype, Doomguy would be cool, Impa would be hype if it were Link Between Worlds/NES era Impa, otherwise kinda boring.

HWYR if this depiction of Impa got in as a playable fighter?

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I've always wanted to play as an old lady and beat up other people in a video game, so this DLC and the new Watchdogs are now my two most anticipated things.

HWYR if Excalibur Sonic got in as a mii costume?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Hmmm... not my first choice of Sonic game to rep.

HWYR if Crash released alongside Cortex (gunner), Coco (brawler), Dingodile (gunner), Alt Tawna (brawler), Ripper Roo (brawler with Lani-Loli providing phased in arms), Tiny (swordfighter using his trident but in his Crash 2 design) and Nina (brawler) Mii costumes, all deluxe?

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Hmmm... not my first choice of Sonic game to rep.

HWYR if Crash released alongside Cortex (gunner), Coco (brawler), Dingodile (gunner), Alt Tawna (brawler), Ripper Roo (brawler with Lani-Loli providing phased in arms), Tiny (swordfighter using his trident but in his Crash 2 design) and Nina (brawler) Mii costumes, all deluxe?
I mean…it’s cool that it’s all Crash-related, but locking certain tracks in an entire series behind Mii costumes seems a bit scummy sadly, this seems like something Activision would make Sakurai do

HWYR if Frogger was an Assist Trophy.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I mean…it’s cool that it’s all Crash-related, but locking certain tracks in an entire series behind Mii costumes seems a bit scummy sadly, this seems like something Activision would make Sakurai do

HWYR if Frogger was an Assist Trophy.
I never said they'd come with songs, I meant more like Bomberman/Vault Boy/Pig/Creeper.

Anyway, Excitebiker would be super hype.

HWYR if Rayman was a full mask/deluxe Mii Costume using the Legends design, with a remix of Band Land included as a bonus music track?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
I never said they'd come with songs, I meant more like Bomberman/Vault Boy/Pig/Creeper.

Anyway, Excitebiker would be super hype.

HWYR if Rayman was a full mask/deluxe Mii Costume using the Legends design, with a remix of Band Land included as a bonus music track?
Sure. It’d be better if he was a fighter, but I’ll take it.

HWYR if there was a Jobski (Part-Time UFO) Spirit?

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Would be fun to try out them.

HWYR if we humans found fossils of dragons that dated back to ancient times?
(They might have co-existed with the dinosaurs.)

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209
Would that change much in this day and age? They might as well have just been another variety of dinosaur.

HWYR if Nintendo sent you a top-secret package, and it was a prototype for their next console?

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209
If it turns out they were completely normal beings and the 4th dimension was time all along, I'd be annoyed. Otherwise, I'd finally know what the 4th dimension is and would be super pleased.

HWYR if members of the Smash Bros. dev team, including Sakurai, were found to be lurking this site?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
If it turns out they were completely normal beings and the 4th dimension was time all along, I'd be annoyed. Otherwise, I'd finally know what the 4th dimension is and would be super pleased.

HWYR if members of the Smash Bros. dev team, including Sakurai, were found to be lurking this site?
I’d be a mix of honored and creeped out.

HWYR if we got Poké Ball summons from Gen 8 and they were:

1. Rillaboom
  2. Sobble
  3. Corviknight
  4. Orbeetle
  5. Wooloo
  6. Drednaw
  7. Cramorant
  8. Grapploct
  9. Polteageist
  10. Sirfetch’d
  11. Morpeko
  12. Dragapult
  13. Eternatus

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I would be kinda disappointed.

HWYR if Kirby got these newcomers in an 6th Smash game?
-Bandana Dee (Very popular request, would rep the modern games.)
-Gooey (Lots of potential)
-Rick/Kine/Coo (Something like Pokemon Trainer)
-Magolor (Likeable character and is loved.)
-Dark Matter (Villain rep)

Perkilator

Smash Legend
I would be kinda disappointed.

HWYR if Kirby got these newcomers in an 6th Smash game?
-Bandana Dee (Very popular request, would rep the modern games.)
-Gooey (Lots of potential)
-Rick/Kine/Coo (Something like Pokemon Trainer)
-Magolor (Likeable character and is loved.)
-Dark Matter (Villain rep)
My only real disappointment is the lack of Adeleine and Ribbon.

HWYR if any of your least wanted (assuming they’re don’t get in as a fighter) were Assist Trophies?

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
Well, it would be poetic for Geno to meet the same fate as Waluigi

HWYR if Toad became an AT, and Sakurai said something among the lines of "I don't know how to make Toad work as a fighter, but I'm willing to make a compromise with his fans."

Top Bottom