• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Reaction If....

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Would be nice!

HWYR if both Space Invader and Centipede were a duo fighter in Smash?
(Both would represent Atari)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I'd be happy for SI getting in, but I'd be disappointed it isn't on its own, and also disappointed that it reps Atari instead of Taito games or SI alone.

HWYR if Space Invader's Up Taunt was like Pac-Man's Namco Roulette, but with non-RPG Square Enix characters - including Spelunker, Gex, Lara Croft, Bub, and more?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I'd be happy for SI getting in, but I'd be disappointed it isn't on its own, and also disappointed that it reps Atari instead of Taito games or SI alone.

HWYR if Space Invader's Up Taunt was like Pac-Man's Namco Roulette, but with non-RPG Square Enix characters - including Spelunker, Gex, Lara Croft, Bub, and more?
Eh...?

HWYR if a flashlight was an item?

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I would be cackling in laughter. (It would blind your opponent for seconds.)

HWYR if the Legion of Stationery from Origami King were bosses in the next Smash game?
(Coloured Pencils/Rubber Band/Hole Punch/Tape/Scissors/Stapler)

Perkilator

Smash Legend
I would be cackling in laughter. (It would blind your opponent for seconds.)

HWYR if the Legion of Stationery from Origami King were bosses in the next Smash game?
(Coloured Pencils/Rubber Band/Hole Punch/Tape/Scissors/Stapler)
Wha...really? I like them but REALLY?! Over other potentially fun bosses?

Whatever, HWYR if Olivia, King Olly, Colored Pencils, and Paper Mario's 1,000 Fold Arms were Spirits in a hypothetical Origami King Spirit Event?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Huh, cool.

HWYR if there was a free DLC stage called "DK Rap Studio", a simple stage (that becomes competitive legal with hazards off) where the DK Rap (the only song allowed on the stage's hazards-on form and an extra free song for all DK stages alongside the original version of Melee's DK Rap), plays on a TV in the background and various hazards appear in tune to the song? (for example, coconut spurts shoot onto the stage when "his coconut gun can fire in spurts" is heard, everyone becomes bigger, faster and stronger too when that line plays, everyone reverts back to their normal size and stats when they sing about Tiny shrinking, they become light to the tune of "float in the air", trees show up blocking the horizontal blast zones when they say "climb up trees", e.t.c.)

Last edited:

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
Could be interesting.

HWYR if Nintendo decided that canonically, :ultinkling:/:ultinklingboy: are siblings, rather than BFFs like I envision them?

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
Nice ideas.

Wait, but aren't they just supposed to be generic avatars? blank slates?
Nintendo can still create their own "canon" versions, just like they do for Pokemon's avatars.

HWYR if Nintendo instead decided to go with my headcanon, and officially declare :ultinkling:/:ultinklingboy: as BFFs?

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
That would be kinda interesting.

HWYR if Kraid got into Smash, but he's the small one seen here?
Fake_Kraid (1).png

(It worked for Ridley, they used his design from the first Metroid game.)

Perkilator

Smash Legend
CRASH BANDICOOT! CRASH BANDICOOT! CRASH BANDICOOT! CRASH BANDICOOT! oh and some knight guy too. CRASH BANDICOOT! CRASH BANDICOOT!

HWYR if the Beach theme from Mole Mania was a song for "Others" stages?
Eh, sure.

What if Byleth’s trailer began as a fake out, but then revealed Chosen Undead as CP5…

…but then it turned out Byleth was real and would be CP6, releasing not too long after Chosen Undead?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
YES YES YES NO FIRE EMBL-dammit Sakurai, why are you like this.

HWYR if PaRappa the Rapper got in Smash alongside My Music playlists, and the promote both PaRappa's inclusion and My Music playlists the original PTR1 raps were added as music tracks for all players, even those who don't have PaRappa?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
YES YES YES NO FIRE EMBL-dammit Sakurai, why are you like this.

HWYR if PaRappa the Rapper got in Smash alongside My Music playlists, and the promote both PaRappa's inclusion and My Music playlists the original PTR1 raps were added as music tracks for all players, even those who don't have PaRappa?
Eh, sure.

HWYR if Eggman used a hybrid of his normal design and his movie design if he got in? (Based on this render)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
OH MY GOD YES! I'd still hope for the normal Modern design as an alt, but even then - it's Eggman in Smash, how can I not be happy!?

HWYR if Eggman got in Smash in the Eggmobile, and like Bowser Jr, each alt was its' own unique character or iteration, those being:

Modern Eggman (voiced by Mike Pollock)
Classic Eggman (voiceless, uses classic Sonic SFX)
Movie-Modern hybrid (voiced by a Jim Carrey impersonator)
AoStH/Mean Bean Eggman (voiced using archived recordings from DiC of Long John Baldry, including the famous "Snooping-as usual")
Boom Eggman (voiced by Pollock with alternate, more comedic lines)
Eggman Nega (voiced by Pollock again, with alternate, more fierce lines)
Mecha Sonic (voiceless, uses computer noises)
Eggrobo (voiceless, uses the same noises as Mecha Sonic)

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
OH MY GOD YES! I'd still hope for the normal Modern design as an alt, but even then - it's Eggman in Smash, how can I not be happy!?

HWYR if Eggman got in Smash in the Eggmobile, and like Bowser Jr, each alt was its' own unique character or iteration, those being:

Modern Eggman (voiced by Mike Pollock)
Classic Eggman (voiceless, uses classic Sonic SFX)
Movie-Modern hybrid (voiced by a Jim Carrey impersonator)
AoStH/Mean Bean Eggman (voiced using archived recordings from DiC of Long John Baldry, including the famous "Snooping-as usual")
Boom Eggman (voiced by Pollock with alternate, more comedic lines)
Eggman Nega (voiced by Pollock again, with alternate, more fierce lines)
Mecha Sonic (voiceless, uses computer noises)
Eggrobo (voiceless, uses the same noises as Mecha Sonic)
Meh.

HWYR if Rayman, Dhalsim from Streets Fighter and Luffy from One Piece were guest fighters in the next ARMS game?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
OH YES! PAC-MAZE! Now we just need Poke Floats and the retro generic stages!

HWYR if they released a free stage update that fixed WarioWare's blast zones and Hazards Off Smashville/FoD, allowed you to play any song on any stage, and brought back all previous stages, including the retro generic stages?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
OH YES! PAC-MAZE! Now we just need Poke Floats and the retro generic stages!

HWYR if they released a free stage update that fixed WarioWare's blast zones and Hazards Off Smashville/FoD, allowed you to play any song on any stage, and brought back all previous stages, including the retro generic stages?
Sure, I'd be down (especially the music).

HWYR if we got a stage based on the Subspace stage from the Subspace Emissary?

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Cool! Glad we finally got Tabuu as a fighter.

HWYR if Nintendo said “The next character is from a Valve series.”?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I'd be happy for Valve fans, but I'd only tune in to the presentation for Mii Costumes

HWYR if every 1st party song was available for every stage, but 3rd party stages and songs are exclusive?

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
Fine with me, a few of the companies refusing to play ball is kinda inevitable.

Ninja'd, my reaction to the returning items is "meh."

HWYR if you woke up tomorrow morning to find that Small Battlefield was just a dream? (but everything else in 8.1.0 is real)

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend

HWYR if you woke up tomorrow morning to find that Small Battlefield was just a dream? (but everything else in 8.1.0 is real)
I'd be fine with that.

HWYR if we got these items?
View attachment 280963
Mario's Kart
works like Wario's bike

View attachment 280964
Virus Bottle
When you hit an opponent with a virus bottle, viruses circle around them dancing back and forth, draining the person';s energy and making their attacks weaker until it wears off.

View attachment 280965
Spreadshot
Give you a gun that fires in a spread pattern

View attachment 280966
Arthur's Armor
Give you a metal-like form. While wearing this, you won't take damage. It breaks and shatters after taking the equivalent of 50% damage

View attachment 280967
Shadow Clone Technique
Gives you an orange duplicate of your fighter that follows you around mirroring your movements. Lasts until you die.

View attachment 280968View attachment 280969

Invisible Firewheel
Temporarily surrounds you with rotating fireballs that deal damage if touched, also they block most projectile attacks

View attachment 280970
IceBeam
Can fire small rapid shots that deal damage or can be charged up to fire a large shot that freezes opponent in place

View attachment 280971
Tome of Eternal Darkness
Greatly increases the power of the person that picks it up and causes random effects on the field (teleporting plays, blacking out screen, inverting controls, flipping screen, or transforming players into metal, small, giant, or invincible forms)

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
HWYR if Sakurai shadow-dropped a Small Battlefield- oh wait.

Aww man... no more Megalovania on Final- wait what? And someone beat me to it.

I'd be fine with that.

HWYR if we got these items?
I actually play with items often, so I'd be looking forward to these!

HWYR if 9.0 added My Music options for the Smash Original Stages (like seriously, the My Music Option for those stages is useless now because the game straight-up picks a random song.)

Perkilator

Smash Legend
HWYR if Sakurai shadow-dropped a Small Battlefield- oh wait.

Aww man... no more Megalovania on Final- wait what? And someone beat me to it.

I actually play with items often, so I'd be looking forward to these!

HWYR if 9.0 added My Music options for the Smash Original Stages (like seriously, the My Music Option for those stages is useless now because the game straight-up picks a random song.)
Wait, seriously? You know, that'd be appreciated.

HWYR if there was a stage based on the Hoenn Skies from Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Cool! would've rather had poke floats 2

HWYR if instead of Dream Land GB coming back, they had a new GB stage featuring Kirby's Dream Land, Wario Land, Super Mario Land, Mole Mania, and Tetris?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Cool! would've rather had poke floats 2

HWYR if instead of Dream Land GB coming back, they had a new GB stage featuring Kirby's Dream Land, Wario Land, Super Mario Land, Mole Mania, and Tetris?
Eh, sure.

HWYR if a stage based on Kirby's Epic Yarn took Wooly World's place, and the Yoshi stage for Sm4sh was the final battle of the first Yoshi's Island?

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Eh, sure.

HWYR if a stage based on Kirby's Epic Yarn took Wooly World's place, and the Yoshi stage for Sm4sh was the final battle of the first Yoshi's Island?
I couldn’t care less about Kirby’s Epic Yarn stage, but the Yoshi’s Island stage would be kind of cool.

HWYR if we got another shadowdrop update, but this time it actually changed a fighter’s moveset in some way? Like changed Toon Link’s side b to the deku leaf, or something similar.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
If Sonic: YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
If anyone else: Huh, that opens the door for a revised Sonic!
If Wario: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HWYR if Nintendo opened "Waluigi or Geno?" polling stations in real life shops, with the winner being a full playable fighter and the loser being an extra-deluxe Mii Costume with proper animated expressions and unique taunts, as well as voice clips?

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
If Sonic: YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
If anyone else: Huh, that opens the door for a revised Sonic!
If Wario: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HWYR if Nintendo opened "Waluigi or Geno?" polling stations in real life shops, with the winner being a full playable fighter and the loser being an extra-deluxe Mii Costume with proper animated expressions and unique taunts, as well as voice clips?
Uhhh wow. That's a lot of effort for a Mii Outfit. Voting for the WAHHH tho.

HWYR if you were sent 24 hours back in time and had to convince your past self that Small Battlefield is real?

Last edited:
Top Bottom