• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your opinion : why Captain falcon has space animal physics?

Captain Farukon

Smash Journeyman
it kinda makes no sense , juut because he`s from the future just as the starfox crew? but what about samus?

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
He has Falcon in his name and he pilots a spaceship, so I don't see the problem here.

The only problem I see is this question probably not deserving its own thread but that's for the mods to judge.

Captain Farukon

Smash Journeyman
He has Falcon in his name and he pilots a spaceship, so I don't see the problem here.

The only problem I see is this question probably not deserving its own thread but that's for the mods to judge.
the blue falcon is not a spaceship *facepalm* besides his weight is not appropiate to have space anymal physics since he is a heavy character also back in smash 64 fox and captain falcon had completely different physics why change CF to be similar to Fox in that aspect? but you always make dumb comments, go away

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
I suggest you go learn about the Falcon Flyer before posting anymore nonsense, you ignorant fake Falcon fan.

PS if you want to complain about a change that happened 15 years ago in Melee then you should go to the Melee boards.

Captain Farukon

Smash Journeyman
I suggest you go learn about the Falcon Flyer before posting anymore nonsense, you ignorant fake Falcon fan.

PS if you want to complain about a change that happened 15 years ago in Melee then you should go to the Melee boards.
the falcon flyer just appeared once in the manual of the snes f-zero and as a stage in melee and in brawl its canonity has always been in doubt you dumb,specially since many thing dont match in the backstory of fzero and fzero x ..also falcon and link share the same weight since the 64 game so why not make them exactly equal in physics? like i said before your comments are always dumb in every thread of this board, go away from my thread

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
lmao. stop arguing both of you

Falcon has "space animal" physics because he's naturally fast and sort of a "burst momentum" type of character. Making quick lunges of hits with lots of power and weight behind them. It was only until Melee where this was emphasized because they had something to actually work off of (his 64 self). Making him the defining power infested smasher we know him as today.

also he falls fast cuz of said momentum with his large body size.

Last edited:

Captain Farukon

Smash Journeyman
lmao. stop arguing both of you

Falcon has "space animal" physics because he's naturally fast and sort of a "burst momentum" type of character. Making quick lunges of hits with lots of power and weight behind them. It was only until Melee where this was emphasized because they had something to actually work off of (his 64 self). Making him the defining power infested smasher we know him as today.

also he falls fast cuz of said momentum with his large body size.
now this is a good post, thank you my friend, good to see there are people who actually share info and real opinions and not just rant about everything like that guy...

Last edited:

Captain Farukon

Smash Journeyman
Captain falcon would be better with different physics? lets just say ....link physics, how it would affect his gameplay?

Last edited:

TheSausXL

Smash Cadet
Well if everybody had the same physics JUST because of their weight, then that just takes away a lot of the uniqueness of each character. To me, Captain Falcon is fast for the same exact reason why Fox is fast, which is because of their respective vehicles. Same goes for falling speed. Why can Captain Falcon fling himself around the stage and move so fast? Because it mirrors him driving the Blue Falcon in Mute City. But anyway, that's one thing that makes Falcon unique, he's heavy, but he's also very fast and agile. And of course you have your natural counters to this, such as how he's easily comboed and his "alright" recovery. If he had Link's physics, he'd kinda suck because his whole movement revolves around his speed. This isn't the case for Link, since he has projectiles to counter his apparent slowness.

Also, let us not forget that the Captain himself originally only appeared in the F-Zero game manual.

Captain Farukon

Smash Journeyman
Well if everybody had the same physics JUST because of their weight, then that just takes away a lot of the uniqueness of each character. To me, Captain Falcon is fast for the same exact reason why Fox is fast, which is because of their respective vehicles. Same goes for falling speed. Why can Captain Falcon fling himself around the stage and move so fast? Because it mirrors him driving the Blue Falcon in Mute City. But anyway, that's one thing that makes Falcon unique, he's heavy, but he's also very fast and agile. And of course you have your natural counters to this, such as how he's easily comboed and his "alright" recovery. If he had Link's physics, he'd kinda suck because his whole movement revolves around his speed. This isn't the case for Link, since he has projectiles to counter his apparent slowness.

Also, let us not forget that the Captain himself originally only appeared in the F-Zero game manual.
in fact you could see Falcon driving the blue falcon inside the cockpit during the tracks, he steers along with the ship

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
I mean isn't it obvious? Clearly, the reason is because his boots are made out of a high density alloy. This is also the reason that his stomp is so powerful, and why his thighs are so monstrous. You think he got those by doing squats alone? No. The answer can only be that it's all in his boots.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I mean isn't it obvious? Clearly, the reason is because his boots are made out of a high density alloy. This is also the reason that his stomp is so powerful, and why his thighs are so monstrous. You think he got those by doing squats alone? No. The answer can only be that it's all in his boots.
That or this...

Falcon Kick should have been called Falcon Dive since he literally shoots down while kicking... A divekick. What Falcon Dive should have been called... Eh... I don't really now... It could have been Falcon Uppercut - totally would love Sagat to be in Smash just for a battle between a "falcon" and a "tiger" - or it could have been Falcon Kick, but Captain Falcon does a rising kick sort of like this version? of Genocide Cutter. I just realized that Lucario has Genocide Cutter for his Utilt...

Wishful thinking aside, I think it's kind of like a pun and the idea of him being this fast character who moves fast in pretty much every way except for his walk speed makes sense. Then again, it could just be a character design choice they went with, stuck with, and never bothered to change outside of pure nerfs if needed which has been detrimental to several characters like Falco, Marth, and Zelda. I mean, they rationalized that Falco being a bird should have a high jump... Last I checked, birds aren't fleas, frogs, or Luigi. Falco should have had Wolf's mobility specs. Y'know, the Star Fox character with the highest and notoriously high air speed? This was also probably how they rationalized that Falco, a pheasant and pheasants can actually fly, should have not only lower air speed, but lower air acceleration than Fox... foxes don't fly...

Also, if we consider Captain Falcon, Ryu, and Snake the more human-like characters, their high fall speeds might symbolize their humanity where they can't really stay in the air long unlike Mario, a fictional character, Marth, a character from a more fantastical world, and well, characters like Pikachu. This could also extend to Link who despite everything, isn't really all that powerful compared to Ganondorf and Zelda. He's reliant on his wits and tools as Captain Falcon, Ryu, and Snake are reliant on their martial prowess with Captain Falcon basically being Usain Bolt in running speed, Ryu adding in kung fu, wuxia powers, and Snake adding in modern weaponry. Despite coming from a fantasy world, Ike coming from a much more humble background than Lucina, Marth, and Roy, all nobles, and Corrin and Robin, a half-dragon, half-humans could also count. He's just a tough badass like Guts from Berserker.

There's one thing I don't agree with and it's that all characters, but Link and Ryu have the same percentage increases to their fall speed when they fast fall; Link's increases by 90% while Ryu's by 40% - guessing it's to say Ryu's human and can't really control his fall speed or, more probable, Ryu's from a series where aerial combat and movement isn't emphasized. If we go with the whole peregrine falcon idea, then the Capt.'s fast fall speed should increase at least by 90% like Link.

Last edited:

Captain Farukon

Smash Journeyman
That or this...

Falcon Kick should have been called Falcon Dive since he literally shoots down while kicking... A divekick. What Falcon Dive should have been called... Eh... I don't really now... It could have been Falcon Uppercut - totally would love Sagat to be in Smash just for a battle between a "falcon" and a "tiger" - or it could have been Falcon Kick, but Captain Falcon does a rising kick sort of like this version? of Genocide Cutter. I just realized that Lucario has Genocide Cutter for his Utilt...

Wishful thinking aside, I think it's kind of like a pun and the idea of him being this fast character who moves fast in pretty much every way except for his walk speed makes sense. Then again, it could just be a character design choice they went with, stuck with, and never bothered to change outside of pure nerfs if needed which has been detrimental to several characters like Falco, Marth, and Zelda. I mean, they rationalized that Falco being a bird should have a high jump... Last I checked, birds aren't fleas, frogs, or Luigi. Falco should have had Wolf's mobility specs. Y'know, the Star Fox character with the highest and notoriously high air speed? This was also probably how they rationalized that Falco, a pheasant and pheasants can actually fly, should have not only lower air speed, but lower air acceleration than Fox... foxes don't fly...

Also, if we consider Captain Falcon, Ryu, and Snake the more human-like characters, their high fall speeds might symbolize their humanity where they can't really stay in the air long unlike Mario, a fictional character, Marth, a character from a more fantastical world, and well, characters like Pikachu. This could also extend to Link who despite everything, isn't really all that powerful compared to Ganondorf and Zelda. He's reliant on his wits and tools as Captain Falcon, Ryu, and Snake are reliant on their martial prowess with Captain Falcon basically being Usain Bolt in running speed, Ryu adding in kung fu, wuxia powers, and Snake adding in modern weaponry. Despite coming from a fantasy world, Ike coming from a much more humble background than Lucina, Marth, and Roy, all nobles, and Corrin and Robin, a half-dragon, half-humans could also count. He's just a tough badass like Guts from Berserker.

There's one thing I don't agree with and it's that all characters, but Link and Ryu have the same percentage increases to their fall speed when they fast fall; Link's increases by 90% while Ryu's by 40% - guessing it's to say Ryu's human and can't really control his fall speed or, more probable, Ryu's from a series where aerial combat and movement isn't emphasized. If we go with the whole peregrine falcon idea, then the Capt.'s fast fall speed should increase at least by 90% like Link.
if you look the falcon dive from different perspective you can see how is actually a dive "into the sky" to catch an enemy similar to how a falcon dives to the ground to grasp his prey with his talons at high speed
But the FE emblem characters are also humans in fact even if sorcery and demons are common in their world they are exactly like human beings from a medieval era, so they shouldn`t have so much jump capabilities or being lighter that someone who fights unarmed like captain falcon or ryu, a sword is heavy also in the TLOZ link can only jump small gaps or with an item like roc`s wing oh and btw...why Ganondorf falls like a damn rock if in ocarina of time he could even levitate with his powers for god sake!!! it doesnt have any sense

I hope if there ever exist another smash bros game they completely change the physics and mechanics of all characters, captain falcon being fast and with a moderate fall speed and MOAR priority in his moves

Last edited:

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Captain Falcon and the StarFox team hail from the same universe. Or, at the very least he's from an alternative dimension where all the space animals are instead humans. James McCloud is an F-Zero racer.

Captain Farukon

Smash Journeyman
Captain Falcon and the StarFox team hail from the same universe. Or, at the very least he's from an alternative dimension where all the space animals are instead humans. James McCloud is an F-Zero racer.
they only share the name and clothes, james mccloud of the f-zero universe is a human being , he`s just a cameo just like Mr Ead is very similar to Mario and even has a belt with a starman on it , there are no humans in the star fox universe, so no they arent from the same universe not even an alternate besides F-zero takes place in the year 2560 and its the evolution of the F-max and our time Formula 1 .

Last edited:
Top Bottom