• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your opinion on LoZ’s roster representation

Mapusaurus

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, Xenoblade of all things doesn't need more representation, and it definitely isn't among the "most underrepresented series" some people like to set it as. It's only a three game series that's still niche. DK, Kirby, and even Yoshi are more underrepresented. Granted, each of them only need about one more character each, but that's still more than Xenoblade needs.
If I'm being honest, I put Xenoblade there mainly because i expect a rep in the second pass or further dlc but I still stand by with Kirby and dk. How are bandana dee and dixie kong not in yet?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If I'm being honest, I put Xenoblade there mainly because i expect a rep in the second pass or further dlc but I still stand by with Kirby and dk. How are bandana dee and dixie kong not in yet?
Bandanna Waddle Dee is hard to say. Could it be because of somewhat Sakurai bias? He does favor the early era of games that he made. Nintendo might not see him as a key thing to put in Smash either, so DLC could be off the table.

Dixie is complicated. She was going to be a partner to Diddy Kong in Brawl, somewhat akin to Zelda/Sheik, Pokemon Trainer, and Samus/Zero Suit Samus. But it didn't work out, so whatever his combination ideas were, they had programming issues. He scrapped her from that game and gave Diddy(who overall is the bigger character of the two) the spotlight.

The complication is just how much he wants to stick to the partner idea. She's not in 4 or Ultimate, and in both cases, the partner idea would explain it well. Since that would require massive workload that they didn't have time for. She couldn't have been a last minute clone in 4 either, since she wasn't a regular costume, and she'd have been more difficult to do than Dr. Mario at best, since the moves aren't entirely there. She might've been a thought as an Echo for Ultimate, but she has enough unique abilities to think of going a different way. And she's not a clone or semi-clone in that game either. King K. Rool is a lot more simple than a partner idea, so that would make him an easier priority as is. Not just because he clearly did well in the ballot(some would argue the best set of votes too worldwide).

So you have a concept that's hard to implement since Brawl, clone/echo status that have various issues in making work right away, and a lower priority if you look closely as the intent behind the original character idea. He has yet to speak on her since the partner thing, so that's probably why overall.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
There aren't very many recurring Legend of Zelda characters that are important enough to be represented, which is probably why we're limited to just three different Link incarnations, Zelda, and Ganondorf. Sheik is the odd one of the bunch though, since her only notable mainstream appearance was Ocarina of Time.

Oddball

Smash Lord
There aren't very many recurring Legend of Zelda characters that are important enough to be represented, which is probably why we're limited to just three different Link incarnations, Zelda, and Ganondorf. Sheik is the odd one of the bunch though, since her only notable mainstream appearance was Ocarina of Time.
Tingle and Impa have both been in about a dozen games each.

That's more game than many of the people that have been chosen for Smash have.

Quillion

Smash Hero

That's hardly "many" though. And both of them are recurring secondaries as opposed to main characters.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
What's with this outpouring of love for Impa lately? It seems to have happened just now, when before everyone was focused on one-shots, especially Skull Kid.

If it's only because she's recurring, I'll bring it up again: does Beedle or Anna deserve to be in Smash?
Age of Calamity has greatly increase Impa's popularity as she has a new cool design and she has more stuff to go off of now for a potential moveset.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Between Tingle and Impa, the latter would probably be more viable for being made into a playable fighter, but it does come down to which incarnation gets used; Skyward Sword Impa would probably come to mind in this case.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Well... If you don't already know:
Sheik is Zelda

So her inclusion makes sense especially given she was put into Smash during Melee when the N64 games were still the recent Zelda games.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
That's hardly "many" though. And both of them are recurring secondaries as opposed to main characters.
So is Daisy,Rosalina,Bowser Jr, Lucina(not reacuring), Jigglypuff,Fuergo, Greninja, Lucrio, Pirahna Plant, Geno and many many Others stop being a Cat!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

I kinda don't want Impa to be grouped with Tingle in this lol

Tingle really hasn't been around that much. Best chance for Tingle was with Brawl, I think. And Brawl was the last time we got a Zelda newcomer. Young Link's return, and all the revamps of the main cast where the love Zelda got in Ultimate. And kind of a cool boss battle with Ganon.

I still hope they will once port Smash Ultimate and add characters from already established franchises. Sephiroth's addition gives me more hope for this to happen honestly. But I see it as a strong possibility that Smash Ultimate will get ported for the next Nintendo system with all the DLC characters, and most newcomers being based off the current cast.

In the case of a Ultimate port, and getting mostly "recycled" characters as Echoes and semi-clones, I can easily see them add Impa, and maybe some others as Toon Zelda (Phantom Slash would make sense finally).

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So if Impa get's in, what design you think they will go with? I'm really loving the Age of Calamity design and I'm hoping they go with that.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So if Impa get's in, what design you think they will go with? I'm really loving the Age of Calamity design and I'm hoping they go with that.
I would hope for Age of Calamity as well, purely because that version of Impa had the most unique play style to offer. And it would fit perfectly with Link's design. I would guess that Impa would come with extra costumes for the Zelda cast, like BotW Zelda, Link's soldier armor, Hero and Sage of Time ,and different versions of Impa like Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time. Ocarina of Time Impa would fit perfectly with Young Link, Sheik and Ganondorf, and Skyward Sword Impa of course has had the biggest role in canon mainstream Zelda games.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I would hope for Age of Calamity as well, purely because that version of Impa had the most unique play style to offer. And it would fit perfectly with Link's design. I would guess that Impa would come with extra costumes for the Zelda cast, like BotW Zelda, Link's soldier armor, Hero and Sage of Time ,and different versions of Impa like Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time. Ocarina of Time Impa would fit perfectly with Young Link, Sheik and Ganondorf, and Skyward Sword Impa of course has had the biggest role in canon mainstream Zelda games.
We have never gotten DLC alts for the base game characters and I'm pretty sure we never will.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Not sure if you're trolling or not but Geno and Edelgard are deconfirmed
Yeah im sorta trolling but considering how many Mario, Pokemon and Fire emblem characters there are
and i just choose some of the most popular choices i know this picture is from kirby but it proves my point

Mist i didnt find it it has Mario, Pokemon and Kirby on it and Mario and Pokemon have multiple characters that are reqeusted while they say that Kirby who has less Characters is fine as it is

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Yeah im sorta trolling but considering how many Mario, Pokemon and Fire emblem characters there are
and i just choose some of the most popular choices i know this picture is from kirby but it proves my point

Mist i didnt find it it has Mario, Pokemon and Kirby on it and Mario and Pokemon have multiple characters that are reqeusted while they say that Kirby who has less Characters is fine as it is
I wouldn't mind seeing more fighters from these franchises if I'm being honest. Especially for Mario and Pokemon. Love the series so much and, since they have large casts, there's still a decent amount of characters who would be interesting and fun, in my opinion. But then again, I feel the same about the Kirby series. Would love to see Bandana Waddle Dee, Magolor, Adeliene, plenty of others. I guess the point is that we agree Kirby could stand to gain more characters :)

Quillion

Smash Hero
I wouldn't mind seeing more fighters from these franchises if I'm being honest. Especially for Mario and Pokemon. Love the series so much and, since they have large casts, there's still a decent amount of characters who would be interesting and fun, in my opinion. But then again, I feel the same about the Kirby series. Would love to see Bandana Waddle Dee, Magolor, Adeliene, plenty of others. I guess the point is that we agree Kirby could stand to gain more characters :)
It's too bad the only viable candidate is Galacta Knight, as only he has both exciting abilities and is a recurring character. Most Kirby characters are just one or the other.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
It's too bad the only viable candidate is Galacta Knight, as only he has both exciting abilities and is a recurring character. Most Kirby characters are just one or the other.
bandana dee is also a viable candidate, as is dark matter, magolor could also work as he appears frequently in spinoff games

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Nothing against Galacta Knight, but how is he the only viable Kirby newcomer candidate? Bandana Dee is literally the 4th wheel of the series behind Kirby, Dedede, and Meta Knight so he's obviously the prime contender. Marx would be a contender as well if he wasn't a boss. The other characters listed above have a decent shot as well, but it's clear as day Kirby rep number 4 is going to be Bandana Dee due to his importance.

Top Bottom