• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your opinion on LoZ’s roster representation

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Please be respectful about during this discussion.

In this thread, I would like to see how people feel about the LoZ’s roster throughout the SSB series and what they would do for SSB7 or what they would have done differently.

My take (it should be noted that the only LoZ game I played is ALttP):
I think that I technically has its essential characters (triforce trio), but the only thing I don’t like about the current representation relates to how three Links play similarly. I’ll go more in depth below for each character.

Link: I think he is fine as he is
Zelda: I like how she plays, but I’d open to seeing the light arrows return
Sheik: She is in a weird position since she was originally added to enhance Zelda’s moveset until SSB3DS couldn’t support transformations, leading her to be more or a less in Jigglypuff, Ness, Falcon, and arguably Falco’s position that she stays since she was already in SSB. I kind of wished that the transformation gimmick returned since Pokemon Trainer can switch Pokemon and would allow people to play Zelda (and ZSS) originally intended. In terms of moveset, it is fun to play, and I am open to changes to her moveset, such as bringing in the harp.
Ganondorf: The only thing I would add is a projectile like Dead Man’s Volley to his moveset since the devs have been giving him gradual changes over 3 generations, but otherwise it’s pretty good.
The Child Links: the thing I dislike most about the current roster since we have 3 Links with similar movesets, but I understand it was done since Young and Toon Link were always considered separate even if the latter was Young Link’s spiritual successor in Brawl and For. If I was developing SSB, I think I would have combined the child Links into one and call him Young Link in all games or if we needed a third Link, then I would have one if them give a few revamps as a way to make them more unique.

For newcomers, it would be nice to see a new LoZ character since there hasn't been a new one since Brawl, but it's not a major concern, and I understand why we haven't received a newcomer since then (the Impa and Ghirahim had good timing for For's base roster, but I assume the other base newcomers were considered more interesting, or the developers didn’t want Ganon/Sheik or Impa/Ghirahim to stick out since the former two don’t have Skyward Sword designs, and the latter ones were absent in Twilight Princess).

In terms of newcomers, I’m unsure who I’d add. I initially thought of Impa being my first choice since she’s the most recurring character after the triforce trio, but I’m unsure if her roles are less memorable compared to the “one-offs”. To me, she sort of feels like the Anna of the LoZ where she appears often and might have a notable role, but her overall presence feels less important than some of the “one-offs”. Unlike the ”one-offs”, she has relevancy, which helps her case since relevancy seems to have some role in character selection (the only additional characters from a series who were irrelevant at the time of addition were K. Rool, Dark Samus, and Dr. Mario). Currently, I’ll say she is my next choice unless there is an important “one-off” appears in the next game or if the older ”one-offs” like Skull Kid or Midna have the same levels of requests as Waluigi, Crash, or Bandana Waddle Dee.

If I could add a newcomer, I think Impa would be my first choice in the current situation.

How I would Approach this Series’s Roster in the Future
Link, a child Link (I’d combine them), and Zelda would certainly be in the next game. Ganondorf would still be pretty high priority, and I’m open to keeping Sheik depending on time constraints. If there is room for a newcomer, I would have Impa as my newcomer, but I’m sure promotional newcomers (i.e. new Pokemon, Fire Emblem, and Xenoblade characters), Waluigi, Bandana Waddle Dee, and a couple new IPs and third parties would be prioritized.

Edit: I have to say I feel bad for Midna fans since she has a similar situation to Pyra’s except that Brawl had no DLC (very important character in her game, but bad timing and since Sakurai probably had little information about her)

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
We do have an old thread for Zelda one-shots and an old general Zelda character thread, but I'll bite.

I actually want one-shots for the Zelda side of the roster. Even more than the honestly rather boring recurring secondaries like Impa and Tingle. I just don't expect them though since patterns show that Sakurai is unwilling to add any one-shots beyond Sheik. I acknowledge that it's an uphill battle.

Also I'm extremely sick and tired of the argument that says "If Fire Emblem can get one-shots, why not Zelda?" Those two series handle their main casts differently, so we can't compare the two.

Also also, I kinda wish we had a fourth TP/OoT "Classic Link" echo for Link, since I miss that old moveset too much. No, Young Link is not a good enough substitute.

Last edited:

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
My thoughts on this.
Cut Young Link, he kinda bridges the gap between Adult and Toon Link so cutting him makes them stand out more.
Other 2 links are fine imho.

Zelda is cool, well designed. But her final smash can only be described by my signature.

Sheik is a little weird. Her being split off in the For dualogy kinda ruins her original design, but people still like her. I’d cut her and put Impa in her place, same design philosophy but different moveset.

Ganondorf is the posterchild for unfortunate design. Give him a new neutral, up, and down special and he should be good to go.

I’d also add Skull Kid. Gives us another villain and another character outside the triforce.

So my idea roster is:
Breath of The Wild Link
Toon Link
Zelda
Impa
Ganondorf
Skull Kid

Cut characters:
Young Link
Sheik

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
Well, it could be better, such as one more character that isn't Link nor plays similarly to him, as well as a Ganon with a non-Falcondorf moveset.

Phoenixio

Smash Apprentice
It's been said before, and I'll say it again: sure, let's include a Zelda character, but who? The contenders are mostly one shots, and the very few that are recurring always have very different designs and personality from game to game... In comparison, the main trio is very consistent and has been extremely popular since ages ago.

So the one that comes back the most is Beedle, isn't it? Has there ever been demand for him to be a fighter? Tingle I could somewhat see, but as others have stated, he's widely despised in the west. Impa is always a completely different person from game to game, and some of her incarnations would just be clones of Sheik. And then Skull Kid was a fantastic villain, but only in the one game (and barely any relevance in its first game). So that leaves a few villains that had more than one apparition, like Vaati, which could be a maybe. But if we go back even one second to the big trio, everybody'd realize nobody from this list even compares. And that's why even clones of the big trio end up more popular than those side characters. And due to that, I think the more likely new addition is Zelda, in her BotW incarnation. And in a universe where there's a ton of other new games and representation, I think Ganondorf would also see a new representative before we'd see a brand new character in there.

Toon Link is important because he represents the dividing but nonetheless very popular cell-shaded spin-offs. So while his moveset could have been made a bit more different, he actually caters well to casual audiences. Young Link is back by pure "everybody is back", to the same extent as Roy and Dr Mario, unashamed of their pure clone status. I'm sure they'll have the chance to change a bit if they ever come back again, just like Roy and Ganondorf who started getting more unique after a few itterations.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I'd like to have a Link, a Zelda, and a Ganondorf, with all of them encompassing different parts of their characters from the different games. Like how Sonic is a character that represents the classic and modern eras, I think a good Link should represent all three timelines of Zelda (or is it three art styles? IDK, I'm not a huge Zelda buff anyways). For the other characters, having Skull Kid would be nice, and not sure if this is an unpopular request or not, but I would love to have Beedle in Smash. I think that would represent the series alright.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
If you think about it replacing Toon and young Link with

as a 2d Zelda rep makes sense escpecialy if you think about how nintendo uses adult link in 3d and Young link in 2d
they even Retconned AlTTp and La links younger which makes some sense considering how Cute/small theier Sprites look!

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I would add Impa first, then Midna, then Tetra, and then Skull Kid, depending on how much space we have. I would keep Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf, and Toon Link. I don't like to cut anyone, but if I absolutely had to Young Link would be first, otherwise I would keep everyone.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
personally, I think if there is to be another zelda character, it should be impa, she's in more games then ganondorf (ganondorf not ganon) and while some would say she should be a sheik clone, there are definently versions that could be unique (hyrule warriors and AoC come to mind)

also, I think there should be at least 2 links, however, they shouldn't be clones, there are so many aspects of the zelda mythos that you could easily have four or maybe even five unique links! also ganondorf definently needs an overhaul, but that's pretty much a given

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
personally, I think if there is to be another zelda character, it should be impa, she's in more games then ganondorf (ganondorf not ganon) and while some would say she should be a sheik clone, there are definently versions that could be unique (hyrule warriors and AoC come to mind)

also, I think there should be at least 2 links, however, they shouldn't be clones, there are so many aspects of the zelda mythos that you could easily have four or maybe even five unique links! also ganondorf definently needs an overhaul, but that's pretty much a given
Yeah i agree having a Young and a Adult Link is Pretty esential for Zelda!

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I would change 2 of Ganondorfs specials, delete young link and have toon link use some of his other tools as specials, I’d go back to Zelda/Shiek balanced together as a transformation duo.

I’d add Skull Kid, Ganon, Demise w/ Ghirahim, Wolf Link and Midna, Vaati, Impa (skyward sword design and Hyrule Warrior designs) and BOTW Zelda w/ the 4 champions.

Zelda has so much to offer but I legit think all the characters listed deserve to be in and would be amazing.

For better Structure

Link
Toon Link
Wolf Link and Midna
Ganondorf
Ganon
Demise w/ Ghirahim
Zelda/Shiek
BOTW Zelda w/ 4 Champions
Impa
Skull Kid
Vaati

Tingle could be a joke character but honestly I could take or leave him.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I would change 2 of Ganondorfs specials, delete young link and have toon link use some of his other tools as specials, I’d go back to Zelda/Shiek balanced together as a transformation duo.

I’d add Skull Kid, Ganon, Demise w/ Ghirahim, Wolf Link and Midna, Vaati, Impa (skyward sword design and Hyrule Warrior designs) and BOTW Zelda w/ the 4 champions.

Zelda has so much to offer but I legit think all the characters listed deserve to be in and would be amazing.

For better Structure

Link
Toon Link
Wolf Link and Midna
Ganondorf
Ganon
Demise w/ Ghirahim
Zelda/Shiek
BOTW Zelda w/ 4 Champions
Impa
Skull Kid
Vaati

Tingle could be a joke character but honestly I could take or leave him.
You are all forgetting Gorons they would be nice

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Personally I'd love to see Young Link use his masks in his moveset. That would be a fun way to diversify the three Links if we can't remove any of them.
I also think Ganondorf is fine as he is. Maybe an energy ball Neutral Special but other than that, he's hardly a Falcondorf anymore. He's really slow and is focused on reads rather than combos-how in the world is he anything similar to Falcon despite the appearances of his moves?

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
You are all forgetting Gorons they would be nice
It would need to be a specific Goron, not a generic one.

Personally I'd love to see Young Link use his masks in his moveset. That would be a fun way to diversify the three Links if we can't remove any of them.
I also think Ganondorf is fine as he is. Maybe an energy ball Neutral Special but other than that, he's hardly a Falcondorf anymore. He's really slow and is focused on reads rather than combos-how in the world is he anything similar to Falcon despite the appearances of his moves?
I think the biggest concern at this point is that he needs more of his canon abilities, not that he is Falcondorf.

Agree that the Links need to be diversified though. I personally think Byleth got the normals that Wild Link should've had.

Greyfox22

Smash Apprentice
Another LoZ character would be great! Six reps sounds like pretty good representation but considering half of them are different Links... LoZ could really use someone else. There are so many great characters to choose from too, Impa, Skull Kid, Midna, BoTW Champions, even Tingle (but please no more Links).

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
It's fine more or less, in terms of the characters present. I think all one-shots should not be included as a general principle because they simply are not the core of the Zelda series. It's also a can-of-worms that shouldn't really be opened. These are all characters to add when Smash has legit nobody else important to add. The core is Link, Zelda and Ganondorf. Sheik is Zelda, but has come into her own as a Smash character so it makes sense for her to stay.

If a one-shot were to be included, I'd say Skull Kid just for fan service as he is the most popular.

I just purchased BotW so I can't comment too much on Link's movset. I will say though I'm not a fan of his nair as an attack.
Zelda is good.
Ganon is atrocious. He has probably THE most awkward animations in Smash. Look at his weird walking animations and how stiff his arms are. It looks so dumb. Imagine Ganon had an actual cool slow walk like Seph or Bowser? His running animation is also pretty bad. He may not play like Falcon, but he still shares too many similar animations. For example, why is the King of Evil warlock doing karate kicks for neutral air? Yuck. Needs an overhaul.
I personally like Young Link's moveset, but I guess he could use masks to really bring his main tools from his game. And just to further diversify him from Toon Link. The only issue is that I believe he has such a classic movset in Smash that a lot of people enjoy. So it's kinda double edged sword(no pun intended).
Toon Link could stand to be a little different for sure. Like using the Skull Hammer as a Smash attack, or even maybe the Deku Leaf as Up Special while he is airborne. It's tough replacing their specials though, because they are all pretty core items from Zelda.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
It's fine more or less, in terms of the characters present. I think all one-shots should not be included as a general principle because they simply are not the core of the Zelda series. It's also a can-of-worms that shouldn't really be opened. These are all characters to add when Smash has legit nobody else important to add. The core is Link, Zelda and Ganondorf. Sheik is Zelda, but has come into her own as a Smash character so it makes sense for her to stay.

If a one-shot were to be included, I'd say Skull Kid just for fan service as he is the most popular.

I just purchased BotW so I can't comment too much on Link's movset. I will say though I'm not a fan of his nair as an attack.
Zelda is good.
Ganon is atrocious. He has probably THE most awkward animations in Smash. Look at his weird walking animations and how stiff his arms are. It looks so dumb. Imagine Ganon had an actual cool slow walk like Seph or Bowser? His running animation is also pretty bad. He may not play like Falcon, but he still shares too many similar animations. For example, why is the King of Evil warlock doing karate kicks for neutral air? Yuck. Needs an overhaul.
I personally like Young Link's moveset, but I guess he could use masks to really bring his main tools from his game. And just to further diversify him from Toon Link. The only issue is that I believe he has such a classic movset in Smash that a lot of people enjoy. So it's kinda double edged sword(no pun intended).
Toon Link could stand to be a little different for sure. Like using the Skull Hammer as a Smash attack, or even maybe the Deku Leaf as Up Special while he is airborne. It's tough replacing their specials though, because they are all pretty core items from Zelda.
Why do you think Impa is a Oneshoot she was in 10 Games!

Quillion

Smash Hero
Why do you think Impa is a Oneshoot she was in 10 Games!
Impa's just not terribly exciting. She recurs a lot, but they either need to make her a Sheik echo, or they'll make a lot of stuff up that has nothing to do with her character. It's a lose-lose situation.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
If you showed me the names of the Zelda characters that would be in Ultimate on a piece of paper, I'd be sold. It's the implementation that still bothers me just a little bit.
At most, change just a few moves for :ultyounglink::ulttoonlink: that utilize abilities/items they've exclusively had access to.
I'm definitely content with the current :ultganondorf:, but I'll still stand by my opinion that most fan re-imaginings of him are much more perfected interpretations of him.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Impa's just not terribly exciting. She recurs a lot, but they either need to make her a Sheik echo, or they'll make a lot of stuff up that has nothing to do with her character. It's a lose-lose situation.
Shiek is also not terribly exiting so is Pirahna-Plant or Marth and his 3 clones or another Blue Haired Swordweilding (not the important part) Fire Emblem Lord

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa definitely warrants her inclusion. And am also curious why this hasn't happened yet. I've basically started the Impa support base back when Skyward Sword was relevant, and everyone clamoring Ghirahim would be the obvious choice. I figured back then, if Zelda and Sheik had to split up, replacing Sheik with Impa as a separate character would be ideal.

Right now, I think I would prefer Sheik, and all 3 Links staying honestly. The more the merrier after all. But in case of a reboot? I would probably think they would go for a roster like this based on a reboot;

Link (BotW)
Zelda (BotW)
Impa (Age of Calamity)

And that's the very base of the roster. I personally could see them add the Champions. Least they return in at least another title. With two significant titles on their name, and BotW being the new "standard"... That would be awesome.

So;

Link, Zelda, Impa, Mipha, Daruk, Revalli and Urbosa, with a token Calamity Ganon boss battle would work well for the Zelda representation of any reboot game.

Simply give Link a bit more speed, and the aerial versions of Up B the smaller Links have, a long with a possible "float" like Peach has with the paraglider, with some reduced weight and we're good.

Zelda should fight like her unlockable moveset in Age of Calamity.

Impa and the Champions also likely follow suit to be based off Age of Calamity.

This way we have quite a diverse cast of characters.

However a more likely scenario would be to simply combine the two smaller Links into the more relevant / significant one. Or rework them completely. Ganondorf is also almost good. Sheik will likely be cut, and Impa simply added.

But I dream of a world where every legendary veteran Nintendo franchise gets the love Mario, Pokemon and Fire Emblem get.
Wait why do you say that when Age of Calamity exists? Impa is probably one of the most popular characters in the game. You can argue it's not "canon" like the original Hyrule Warriors, but Nintendo was involved a lot in this game. And it's this year's holiday title.

Just imagine Impa with her clone mechanic in Smash. I'm extremely excited by the idea, even if it has to be toned down somewhat.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Impa definitely warrants her inclusion. And am also curious why this hasn't happened yet. I've basically started the Impa support base back when Skyward Sword was relevant, and everyone clamoring Ghirahim would be the obvious choice. I figured back then, if Zelda and Sheik had to split up, replacing Sheik with Impa as a separate character would be ideal.

Right now, I think I would prefer Sheik, and all 3 Links staying honestly. The more the merrier after all. But in case of a reboot? I would probably think they would go for a roster like this based on a reboot;

Link (BotW)
Zelda (BotW)
Impa (Age of Calamity)

And that's the very base of the roster. I personally could see them add the Champions. Least they return in at least another title. With two significant titles on their name, and BotW being the new "standard"... That would be awesome.

So;

Link, Zelda, Impa, Mipha, Daruk, Revalli and Urbosa, with a token Calamity Ganon boss battle would work well for the Zelda representation of any reboot game.

Simply give Link a bit more speed, and the aerial versions of Up B the smaller Links have, a long with a possible "float" like Peach has with the paraglider, with some reduced weight and we're good.

Zelda should fight like her unlockable moveset in Age of Calamity.

Impa and the Champions also likely follow suit to be based off Age of Calamity.

This way we have quite a diverse cast of characters.

However a more likely scenario would be to simply combine the two smaller Links into the more relevant / significant one. Or rework them completely. Ganondorf is also almost good. Sheik will likely be cut, and Impa simply added.

But I dream of a world where every legendary veteran Nintendo franchise gets the love Mario, Pokemon and Fire Emblem get.

Wait why do you say that when Age of Calamity exists? Impa is probably one of the most popular characters in the game. You can argue it's not "canon" like the original Hyrule Warriors, but Nintendo was involved a lot in this game. And it's this year's holiday title.

Just imagine Impa with her clone mechanic in Smash. I'm extremely excited by the idea, even if it has to be toned down somewhat.
Im not agreeing with this only having Botw Link/Zelda in seems like a dumb Choice who is saying that its now the Main Design we dont know what will happen in Botw 2 maybe getting the Heroes Tunic is The Main Objective of the New Dungeons and even if its now the Main Design many People Prefer Classic/Young Link only having Botw Link really doesnt do it For me and why is Everyone so obsessed about Rebooting Smash you Know Spin Off exist for this exact Reason Right?

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'm perfectly fine with the roster we have. The only things I'd change are...

Link - perfect how he is
Zelda - Add some light arrows to her moveset
Sheik - I'd say she's fine the way she is. I miss the chain side B from Melee
Young Link - Add some fire arrows and maybe change the final smash to something MM related
Ganondorf - Make him less clone-y with more dark and sword attacks
Toon Link - Fine the way he is. I don't play anything TL related, so I'm unfamiliar with the Toon series

As far as I'd add for the roster, I'd pick these guys

Impa
Midna
Vaati
One of the champions

Technomage

Smash Champion
I'm perfectly fine with the roster we have. The only things I'd change are...

Link - perfect how he is
Sheik - I'd say she's fine the way she is. I miss the chain side B from Melee
Young Link - Add some fire arrows and maybe change the final smash to something MM related
Ganondorf - Make him less clone-y with more dark and sword attacks
Toon Link - Fine the way he is. I don't play anything TL related, so I'm unfamiliar with the Toon series
I'd also suggest replacing YL's bomb special with a Bombchu special, as well as giving Regular Link his Gale Boomerang back.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I personaly dont get it why do i see more Urbosa than Daruk/Mipha Supporters

is it because shes Sexy
Because Lighting
I personaly hate the Gerudo in Botw theyre pretty Sexist so yeah im not the Biggest fan of her

Quillion

Smash Hero
This right here. I think they can cut the garbage Phantom move and move Nayru's Love to Down-B while reworking Light Arrow as Neutral-B.

giving Regular Link his Gale Boomerang back.
That should only be done on a TP Link echo. And even then, I'd rather it be a regular boomerang so that it would equally fit a TP/OoT Link echo.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
In the future, I would get rid of Young Link, replace him with the Impa from Age of Calamity, and further Luigify Toon Link so that he’s his own character and not just small, fast Link.
If you think about it replacing Toon and young Link with

as a 2d Zelda rep makes sense escpecialy if you think about how nintendo uses adult link in 3d and Young link in 2d
they even Retconned AlTTp and La links younger which makes some sense considering how Cute/small theier Sprites look!
I like this idea, but what would you call this Link?

Oracle Link

Smash Master
In the future, I would get rid of Young Link, replace him with the Impa from Age of Calamity, and further Luigify Toon Link so that he’s his own character and not just small, fast Link.

I like this idea, but what would you call this Link?
I mean Classic Link makes a lot of sense considering its a newer Version of the zelda 1,2 Design

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hero of Time Link at least should become a Echo to BotW Link. Twilight Princess can sit this one out. Hero of Time Link is sorely missing when you got OoT Young Link, Ganondorf and Sheik on your roster. Zelda needs her Sage of Time alternative costume too. Young Link needs Majora stuff, and Ganondorf different specials... we know that. Is it gonna happen? I personally doubt it.

This is why I personally wouldn't object to the removal of every other character but Link and Zelda.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Hero of Time Link at least should become a Echo to BotW Link. Twilight Princess can sit this one out. Hero of Time Link is sorely missing when you got OoT Young Link, Ganondorf and Sheik on your roster. Zelda needs her Sage of Time alternative costume too. Young Link needs Majora stuff, and Ganondorf different specials... we know that. Is it gonna happen? I personally doubt it.

This is why I personally wouldn't object to the removal of every other character but Link and Zelda.
Why having only Botw Link and Zelda seems next level dumb i would probably not get smash if this happens
Having a young link and Ganon is the Absolute Minimum

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why having only Botw Link and Zelda seems next level dumb i would probably not get smash if this happens
Having a young link and Ganon is the Absolute Minimum
Problem is Ganondorf hasn't really appeared in a recent Zelda title with anything new. BotW2 is likely gonna change that however. So anything humanoid Ganon related could do. Age of Calamity offers an option in the meanwhile.

A young Link could return. Sure. Not against that. I'm not advocating for any cuts. Am just thinking of a possibility if there are ever gonna be cuts. And at the very least, one of the smaller Links is going.

Combining all the Links into one character seems very reasonable to make up for the losses. Lower weight, better frame data, change Forward Air and Back Air to match Toon Link's, N Air becomes Young Link's N Air, better air speed, a paraglider to help recover, and an aerial Up B that matches Young / Toon Link is gonna make a good change already.

Anyway that's my own take.

Impa could be based around Sheik, or be a semi clone. But personally I think she should be unique and based on Age of Calamity with her kodachi and clone mechanic as main building blocks for her moveset.

If Ganondorf is leaving tho, Sheik also shouldnt stay.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Problem is Ganondorf hasn't really appeared in a recent Zelda title with anything new. BotW2 is likely gonna change that however. So anything humanoid Ganon related could do. Age of Calamity offers an option in the meanwhile.

A young Link could return. Sure. Not against that. I'm not advocating for any cuts. Am just thinking of a possibility if there are ever gonna be cuts. And at the very least, one of the smaller Links is going.

Combining all the Links into one character seems very reasonable to make up for the losses. Lower weight, better frame data, change Forward Air and Back Air to match Toon Link's, N Air becomes Young Link's N Air, better air speed, a paraglider to help recover, and an aerial Up B that matches Young / Toon Link is gonna make a good change already.

Anyway that's my own take.

Impa could be based around Sheik, or be a semi clone. But personally I think she should be unique and based on Age of Calamity with her kodachi and clone mechanic as main building blocks for her moveset.

If Ganondorf is leaving tho, Sheik also shouldnt stay.
If we only have one link its near imposible to represent all of Zelda i mean how should one LinK represent
this

and this

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Just make :ultlink: a middle ground of all previous incarnations of him. Young and adult. 10 points lighter in weight, better jumps, more speed, Toon Link's F Air and B Air, arrows working like Young Link's, Young Link N Air, Up B like the smaller Links when aerial, paraglider glide, and we're golden. I mean, BotW Link is pretty young, and short. Also quite a bit more agile than usual. It would work.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Just make :ultlink: a middle ground of all previous incarnations of him. Young and adult. 10 points lighter in weight, better jumps, more speed, Toon Link's F Air and B Air, arrows working like Young Link's, Young Link N Air, Up B like the smaller Links when aerial, paraglider glide, and we're golden. I mean, BotW Link is pretty young, and short. Also quite a bit more agile than usual. It would work.
He still looks very Diffrent also his outfit is Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar less Iconic (and Good in my opinion!)

Otoad64

Smash Lord
personally I think :ultlink: should be a seperate character than normal link, with a botw based moveset, instead of this half step they've taken in ultimate. give him the paraglider, all the runes, let him shield surf. and have there just be a normal link with normal bombs, hookshot, and all the other classic stuff. I mean they kinda did this in ultimate with :ultyounglink::ulttoonlink: but all they did was change the bombs and remove the hookshot, and if anything those two should use stuff from their games. Basically, we should have link and botw link seperately

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
In 64: Representation was just fine and dandy.

In Melee: Representation was great!

In Brawl: It was okay.

In Smash 4: We didn't get any Zelda newcomer and it sucked.

In Ultimate thus far: Same as Smash 4's.

But this is me only talking about the Zelda roster and not the stages or music as both those categories are really well represented. The Zelda roster on the other hand isn't as half it's fighters are Link clones and Ganondorf is still a semi-clone of Captain Falcon despite them changing his Smash Attacks.

I think what could really improve the Zelda roster is adding non Triforce welder newcomers into the mix like Impa, Skull Kid, or one of the Champions. There is so much to work with here for a interesting and fun Zelda newcomer. And as much as I want Pig Ganon so we can finally get a version of Ganon with a unique moveset, I think it's time we get a non Triforce welder in as it's long overdue.

Top Bottom