• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Nostalgic games?

D

Deleted member

Pretty much what the title says.

There’s always gonna be that “one game” that “one experience” that you look back on a long time later and go.. “man that was the good o’l days.”

For me personally, it’s a toss up between Pirate101 and Lego Universe.

1276709B-2263-4C05-B1FD-D94BF10CE6A7.png

Lego Universe is a now defunct MMORPG that only lasted a year. It’s pretty nostalgic to me mostly because of the good times I had with it, and also because... man... that aesthetic they went with is still charming even to this day. There have been a few attempts to remake it but unfortunately nothing much has come of it, and it’s a shame. Game was pretty good even today. Not much more to say about it really.

E8853747-1094-4F4B-8FEB-6071ACA0D167.png

Pirate101 on the other hand... where do I even start?

Like Lego Universe it’s an MMORPG(gee I’m starting to see a pattern here) but is still very much alive with a $10 membership fee to play. I don’t remember when I found about it but man... it’s easily in my top 10 games of all time!(aside from the scummy monetization scheme but that’s a whole nother topic)

For an MMORPG it’s very story driven, with 100% voice acted dialogue and a very charming plot, with you sailing the skyways and looking for the map to El Dorado, while getting into Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure levels of weird shenanigans. Well.. except you can’t get to El Dorado as is due to the Dev Team kinda... just giving up on the game. As it stands right now I kinda have to take the rose-tinted glasses off and say overall, Pirate101 is in dev hell, mostly because the higher ups refuse to support it in favor of it’s older brother, Wizard101 instead. For $10 it’s a very enjoyable experience which you can breeze thorough in about a month if you know what you’re doing... but it hasn’t aged particularly well, that’s for sure. Also the Crown shop is up there with the most scummy monetiziation models so that’s another thing I have to ding it for. Overall it’s very fun... just avoid buying crowns unless you’re buying a mount and you should be good.

So, what are your nostalgic games? Really interested to see what ya’ll have to share!

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Story. Sonic Adventure 1 and 2. Pokemon RBY and GSC. Pokemon Snap. Mario World, SMRPG, Mario 64, Mario Sunshine. Luigi's Mansion. Mario Kart 64. Diddy Kong Racing. DK64. Banjo Kazooie and Tooie. Animal Crossing Gamecube. Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess. Smash 64 and Melee. I could go on, but I think I'll stop here :3

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
  • Sonic the Hedgehog (Game Gear)
  • Super Mario 64 (N64)
  • Diddy Kong Racing (N64)
  • Super Smash Bros 64 (N64)
  • International Superstar Soccer (N64)
  • Tekken 3 (Playstation)
  • Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX and X (Playstation 1 & 2)
  • Marvel Vs Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes (Playstation 2)
  • Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
  • Mario Kart 64 (N64)
  • Wave Race (N64)
  • F-Zero X (N64)
  • 1080 Snowboarding (N64)
  • Killer Instinct Gold (N64)

Top Bottom