• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your most wanted non-character addition to the game

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
So things we could get in patches etc.

Mine right now would be individual voice settings for the characters.

Dave The Weird Wizard

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-6498-3244-6797
Realistically not gonna happen, but I'd love for Bowser and Donkey Kong to get their actual voices instead of assorted animal sounds.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
A mode with at least one stage to platform and beat up enemies like melee adventure, subspace, or even smash run. i do not even care about story or anything I just want the gameplay.

Last edited:

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
A mode with at least one stage to platform and beat up enemies like melee adventure, subspace, or even smash run. i do not even care about story or anything I just want the gameplay.
If you really just care about the gameplay, you could pick up Kirby Star Allies. You're really not going to get anything else but Kirby platforming from Sakurai.

On-topic, I want to see a new Pac-Maze stage and a Bowser's Castle stage.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
RANKED.
ONLINE.

Also yeah, individual voice selectors would be sweet.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
If you really just care about the gameplay, you could pick up Kirby Star Allies. You're really not going to get anything else but Kirby platforming from Sakurai.

On-topic, I want to see a new Pac-Maze stage and a Bowser's Castle stage.
I suppose that is true but idk, i guess i just really enjoy platforming and fighting various mobs from from different historic franchises as well as using the smash movesets in some different ways which is the main part of the gameplay I really enjoy when Smash does these kinds of things that Kirby would not, although the new Kirby does look like fun and I do plan to maybe pick it up eventually

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Alt costumes for the current cast. After witnessing Mario Maker Mario, Wedding Mario, Yarn Yoshi, Young and Older Ike and Pika Libre, I'm gutted we didn't get more of these.

maxistrife

Smash Apprentice
MELEE STYLE BREAK THE TARGETS!!! An individual test for each character to help learn their ins and outs.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Race To The Finish needs to return. Its the easiest to implement since it doesn't need exclusive versions for every character.

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
I suppose that is true but idk, i guess i just really enjoy platforming and fighting various mobs from from different historic franchises as well as using the smash movesets in some different ways which is the main part of the gameplay I really enjoy when Smash does these kinds of things that Kirby would not, although the new Kirby does look like fun and I do plan to maybe pick it up eventually
Yeah, fighting crossover enemies is pretty irreplaceable, and reminds me that I did hope we'd see Smash Run get upgraded in Ultimate. i do hope they don't forget about it.

BIRBS

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-4280-4931-9424
Endless all star mode with a shop instead of a few recovery items.

Rayleigh

Smash Journeyman
Alt costumes for the current cast. After witnessing Mario Maker Mario, Wedding Mario, Yarn Yoshi, Young and Older Ike and Pika Libre, I'm gutted we didn't get more of these.
Pour one out for TP Ganon, lads. Your beard will be missed.

Vanguard227

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vanguard227
Switch FC
SW 4222 8780 9424
Stadium mode. If that's considered cheating, then Stage Builder. It's a crime that all of these sweet, sweet Castlevania and Megaman remixes are tied to only one stage each.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I said this in another thread, but being able to turn off individual hazards on certain stages rather than all of them, like through a special menu or something. This is so that stages with both disruptive hazards and moving platforms don't become homogenized--this game seems to treat moving platforms as a hazard for some reason, so stages like Wily Castle and Yoshi's Story become gutted, as while the Yellow Devil and Fly Guys don't spawn, neither do the signature Mega Man moving platforms, nor the beloved Randall. "Advanced Hazard Toggle" as I'm calling it would go a big way toward alleviating this problem.

Ajimu

Smash Cadet
I already detailed in another thread, but I really really want custom random.

1. Custom random stage select :
Let's you select which stages to include in random selection​
Even better : Let's you customize the frequency of each stage (like with MyMusic)​
2. Custom character select
Let's you select which fighters to include, or better : customize the frequency of appearance of each fighter when selecting random​
Let's you customize which alt you want for each character when playing random (ex : When I play DK I want to play only Pink DK or whatever)​

UserKev

Smash Champion
More voice announcers. Its not a must have feature, but it'd be pretty neat. Imagine a special feature hearing Sakurai's voice every time the specific mode or character is selected. It'd most likely be Japanese, but still godly to hear. My personal want voice announcer is Doc Louis.
Survival Mode. It'd be fantastic battling the entire roster with your main.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
I honestly want a 'beat em up mode'. Doesn't have to be subspace but I loved, LOVED Tekken Force modes in Tekken 3 and 4. Stages can vary from series to series as you make your way from start to finish and fight unique bosses based on difficulty chosen. Could be done with the Stamina mode setting as well to make it have a use since so few I know of even use Stamina mode.

D

Deleted member

My most wanted thing for DLC/Patches non-character wise is a way to change the character select screen to organize it by appearance like it is now or by series. They already have the ability to do it for the website so why not for the game itself? That's kinda lame and I would much rather organize it by series.

Also more Music from already represented franchises like more Wario music, More DKC music, Kirby music, Mario music, Golden Sun music, Etc.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
My most wanted thing for DLC/Patches non-character wise is a way to change the character select screen to organize it by appearance like it is now or by series. They already have the ability to do it for the website so why not for the game itself? That's kinda lame and I would much rather organize it by series.
Yeah, it's a mess. I invited a friend whose last Smash memories was on 64. When he said 'I want to play a Zelda character', I had to point the screen and say 'Well, there is Link over there... Zelda and Sheik are lower... Ganondorf and Young Link are there... Oh, and there is Toon Link.' (Lucky for me, he's not a fan of Pokémon...)

Same with stages - but actually worse.

Arthur97

Smash Master
SSS and FSS screen adjustment would be nice (the music is organized is a more sensical manner), but other than that, Break the Targets! And I mean the real stuff. Yeah, it's be a lot of work, but if they want to please fans with modes, forget HR contest, put that in. Even Mac could just run around the boxing ring like Game and Watch ran around Flat Zone.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Smash Run with more stages and enemies.

Boss Rush Mode.

Asymmetrical boss multiplayer modes.

Arthur97

Smash Master
I would like them to revert G&W, but I'm not sure if it counts as a new moveset.

rlwrgh

Smash Apprentice
I would like more skins for the characters initially focusing on bringing back ones we have lost like fire Mario. I would also like the ability to have skin tones on miis be a full list of colors as is the case for eyes and hair.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
  • Very Hard mode for World of Light
  • 2P WoL Final Battle. P2 forms another unique party of 3 and there’s a similar function to Subspace Emissary’s 2P Mode.
  • The ability to use the light/dark possession and fake fighter effects outside of WoL, putting them on literally any character of your choice. Hero’s trailer implied it was possible, and it’s not a “skin” per se as F!Robin had the effect when it’s normally M!Robin that has it in WoL proper.
  • More music from already represented franchises. Final Fantasy VII is obvious but I’d like to see some music from Xenoblade X, Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion, etc. and more music from F-Zero GX please Sakurai I’m begging u
  • Probably never gonna happen but Boss Rush with a few new bosses

Last edited:

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Custom moves, accompanied by the ability to easily move them (and mii fighters) between consoles. If it doesn't come with that then don't bother.

Stages:
- Worms
- Tetris
- Giygas

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure we're all thinking it, but Subspace Emissary. WoL is...redundant and tbh is a chore to slog through. I understand not wanting to make a story mode with 70+ characters, but SSE Lite would have been a great touch to truly make it Smash Ultimate.

EDIT: I just want to be clear, because I feel like there's a lot of negativity on this board, but I'm extremely happy with how SSBU turned out, SSE would just be icing on the cake.

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
  • Very Hard mode for World of Light
  • 2P WoL Final Battle. P2 forms another unique party of 3 and there’s a similar function to Subspace Emissary’s 2P Mode.
  • The ability to use the light/dark possession and fake fighter effects outside of WoL, putting them on literally any character of your choice. Hero’s trailer implied it was possible, and it’s not a “skin” per se as F!Robin had the effect when it’s normally M!Robin that has it in WoL proper.
  • More music from already represented franchises. Final Fantasy VII is obvious but I’d like to see some music from Xenoblade X, Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion, etc. and more music from F-Zero GX please Sakurai I’m begging u
  • Probably never gonna happen but Boss Rush with a few new bosses
Umm, you realize that you fought Female Robin in WoL anyway, right? Long before the trailer. Yes, I know it makes no sense fighting koopalings and the such when you never free them, but you also fight Kirby in WoL.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Umm, you realize that you fought Female Robin in WoL anyway, right? Long before the trailer. Yes, I know it makes no sense fighting koopalings and the such when you never free them, but you also fight Kirby in WoL.
I meant specifically the effect you see when actually freeing a fighter, not the puppets. Which is a blue aura (for the fighters in the Light Realm) or red aura (for those in the Dark Realm; also seen in Hero’s trailer). When you fight Galeem or Dharkon themselves, they can summon fake fighters that have a full body blue or red glow with the aura. That’s what I’m referring to.

Also when you actually free Robin in the Dark Realm, the form you see with the aura is Male Robin, not Female Robin.

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
I meant specifically the effect you see when actually freeing a fighter, not the puppets. Which is a blue aura (for the fighters in the Light Realm) or red aura (for those in the Dark Realm; also seen in Hero’s trailer). When you fight Galeem or Dharkon themselves, they can summon fake fighters that have a full body blue or red glow with the aura. That’s what I’m referring to.

Also when you actually free Robin in the Dark Realm, the form you see with the aura is Male Robin, not Female Robin.
I know you only free Male Robin (cause who cares about consistency, seriously, Jr. got the shaft).

Then that does raise the question of why they used Female Robin. Course, they use her more for menu stuff (and it really bothers me).

But, I'm no programmer, but, yeah, it's probably coded as some sort of special status affect or something. Now, as for the phantom fighters, no idea what those would be coded as.

Top Bottom