• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your main and comfort? (Psychological)

PK Thoron

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-8444-0694-9404
So to begin with, I noticed some characters feel naturally easy to play with (not mentioning characters or tierlists, just referring movement and gameplay/combo-wise.) I noticed this intially when Ultimate dropped when I played Shulk and a friend commented how amazing it was to a casual viewer, inspiring to pick up the character after seeing me defeat his japanese exchange students. I thought he felt amazing and he would be amazing and slowly just stop perfoming well over prolong uses.

I thought it was just a casual viewer unable to see the gameplay or anything deeper, but going through my college's smash bros club, I noticed the club noted how good my Shulk. Even so, it became reputable seeing how scary it was 1v1ing it and getting me 20-0 wins and even once a 40 win streak. I noticed my club struggled to even use the character in neutral or even mechanically, let alone understand how to combat it.

I wonder if anyone has had a similar event, had a character you randomly found perfect as your comfort in gameplay and movement, able to win for a long term, and never was able to let go of it. I know Luigi is such a common character in this phenomenon, but so many people drop him after such like a week using him. I know some characters can randomly feel amazing to control randomly, but lose the magic touch again after some time randomly or the movement just fades in discomfort.

Does anyone have an idea with this phenomenon or know how to enhance it? I'm curious about your stories and concepts about this topic.

Top Bottom