• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Your guys thoughts on Smash Tour(Mario Party)

Kidd Ryze

Smash Rookie
NNID
KiddRyze
3DS FC
4639-9938-5875
I really don't like it. It's barebones and just not a lot of fun. None of my friends wanted to play it with me and when I did get someone to play it with me, it just wasn't fun at all. I would've rather much preferred a Adventure Mode or a Subspace then this. I actually hold this game lower than Project M because it doesn't have a Adventure type mode and a unenjoyable Classic Mode wasn't really helping.

Nona

Power of the Nonado♥
I played it a few times back when I thought it would be a decent way to nab customs, but it's incredibly chaotic and I feel myself getting salty when I shouldn't be. I get a character I like, only to have them stolen from me because someone else spawned with a hammer, and now I'm going into the final fight with maybe 3 characters I'm not even 10% proficient with because they were the only ones I could pick up. It might be fun with a bunch of friends that aren't too serious about the game, or younger children.

But that's how the game is played and meant to be. Chaotic and crazy. I don't really like it much, myself. I don't think I'll ever be able to complete the "recover the stat boosts a Metroid stole from you" challenge because of my distaste for it. I'd have preferred Smash Run 2.0 or the old Classic mode, but it's water under the bridge now. Hopefully the team learns from this and decides on a different mini-game next time.

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
I played it a few times back when I thought it would be a decent way to nab customs, but it's incredibly chaotic and I feel myself getting salty when I shouldn't be. I get a character I like, only to have them stolen from me because someone else spawned with a hammer, and now I'm going into the final fight with maybe 3 characters I'm not even 10% proficient with because they were the only ones I could pick up. It might be fun with a bunch of friends that aren't too serious about the game, or younger children.

But that's how the game is played and meant to be. Chaotic and crazy. I don't really like it much, myself. I don't think I'll ever be able to complete the "recover the stat boosts a Metroid stole from you" challenge because of my distaste for it. I'd have preferred Smash Run 2.0 or the old Classic mode, but it's water under the bridge now. Hopefully the team learns from this and decides on a different mini-game next time.
Chaos is something I enjoy in games... and smash does it well with large free for alls.

I play smash tour more than most, in large part to get customs, and in large part due to the chaos of it.

The problem is how much unearned power happens... the distribution of items is not done well. If they followed something more early mario partyish where those things had to be bought it would be a lot better... assuming earning money was done well.

Smash Tour was a good idea... but needs to be rethought out if they put it in again.

Smash Arena

Smash Cadet
NNID
THEGREATSTALIN
The second-worst mode to ever appear in Smash. The worst is new Classic mode, which isn't even Classic. Funny how they're both in Smash Bros. for Wii U.

Top Bottom