• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Jigglypuff is a very bad character in this game, with only a few tools that make her good and an abundance of weaknesses. Her greatest tool is the air, her weakness is the ground. How do you avoid the ground? You must get to it to regain jumps?
Well you don't!
You go to the ledge and stay there.
The future of Jigglypuff is stalling and air camping. Camp on the ledge untill the opponent wants to stage spike you. You wait at the ledge untill they come at you. From there you have two options. You attempt to hit them (risky) or you jump away, float over the stage with your ridiculous airspeed and go to the other ledge, go understage, god knows what. Just DO NOT attack unless you have to/have the perfect opening.
This all must be done AS SOON AS THE MATCH STARTS. You can not attempt to get a lead, because you will get hit, sucky as you are as a character. Stall, weave in and out and annoy them untill they want to get the lead. Now hit them, take the lead AND RUN FOR YOUR LIFE.

If you ever want Jigglypuff to get a competative future, you have to stall and if you as a Jigglypuff mainer do not embrace stalling and try to play (semi-)aggressive, you are fighting an uphill battle, because her greatest asset is flying away and stalling understage (with pound maybe).

tl;dr. Fly, don't run. Stall, don't attack.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Jigglypuff is a very bad character in this game, with only a few tools that make her good and an abundance of weaknesses. Her greatest tool is the air, her weakness is the ground. How do you avoid the ground? You must get to it to regain jumps?
Well you don't!
You go to the ledge and stay there.
The future of Jigglypuff is stalling and air camping. Camp on the ledge untill the opponent wants to stage spike you. You wait at the ledge untill they come at you. From there you have two options. You attempt to hit them (risky) or you jump away, float over the stage with your ridiculous airspeed and go to the other ledge, go understage, god knows what. Just DO NOT attack unless you have to/have the perfect opening.
This all must be done AS SOON AS THE MATCH STARTS. You can not attempt to get a lead, because you will get hit, sucky as you are as a character. Stall, weave in and out and annoy them untill they want to get the lead. Now hit them, take the lead AND RUN FOR YOUR LIFE.

If you ever want Jigglypuff to get a competative future, you have to stall and if you as a Jigglypuff mainer do not embrace stalling and try to play (semi-)aggressive, you are fighting an uphill battle, because her greatest asset is flying away and stalling understage (with pound maybe).

tl;dr. Fly, don't run. Stall, don't attack.
Gf, you don't even play her let alone know what you're talking about. Jigglymaster made it out of pools and placed at Pound 4, and he didn't have to time people out. Timing out is probably only useful against unwinnable matchups such as G&W, but then... you shouldn't even be using her to begin with.

Timing out is an option, not "the future."

Veril

Frame Savant
Gf2tw is correct. At a tournament without ledgegrab limits this is totally what you should do with Jiggs. Jigglypuff's ability to stall out matches is LEGIT.

I didn't say exactly this a few months back or anything...

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Gf2tw is correct. At a tournament without ledgegrab limits this is totally what you should do with Jiggs. Jigglypuff's ability to stall out matches is LEGIT.

I didn't say exactly this a few months back or anything...
You don't even do vbrawl, and when have you placed by timing people out when you did do it...?

In fact, give me examples of any Jigglypuffs who have placed by timing out people.

You're too slow.
this too. We already have a thread on timing out matches.

You do not know who I main at all.
It's not Meta Knight, it's not Game and Watch, nor is it Jigglypuff HOWEVER I do know what I am talking about.
Actually you told me you quit Brawl for Smash64.

Tham

Smash Apprentice
problem is at tourneys - i dont wonna play gay against people i know and like
and i know and like the german community - so stalling isnt my style :/
jiggs has a chance to punish lag, rest is an option - and not even a bad (if u can land it, so its just a question of training, timing and prediction)

ledgegrablimit is imo just a bad joke - in germany its not supposed to be used ever atm
but the ledge is your friend
u have very small amount of approaches - u need to get your opponent into mistakes
if u get him into situations he doesnt know to handle with you can make some 2hit stuff - and if u stall at the edge your opponents often try to hit u there - and if u see that you can punish it

the bdacus is pretty fast, it can help us in our metagame, has anybody tried some things with it? maybe u can get some cool combos like bair2reversed bdacus
as long as we didnt have discovered everything in the game we cant speak about the future, its our task to find new things out ;)

and@ground game:
u can do infinite jumps all the time - but they are so f*cking hard ><

jiggs is a bad char, if u like aircamp play wario
if u like airgame, play MK
if u like style, play jiggs

our future isnt playing gay, our future is playing better than now, hitting and killing with more rests and spacing better, get your opponent because of defensive playing into more mistakes and punishing lag
our future isnt getting a mid-tier char out of jiggs, our future is accepting that jiggs isnt good but getting the best out of her

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
our future isnt playing gay, our future is playing better than now, hitting and killing with more rests and spacing better, get your opponent because of defensive playing into more mistakes and punishing lag
our future isnt getting a mid-tier char out of jiggs, our future is accepting that jiggs isnt good but getting the best out of her
Well said.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Why not strive to bring jiggs back to her formal glory. Right now she is just under represented.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
The "Jigglypuff is a hopeless character" Social Group said:
This is for the few Jigglypuff mains/users who realize that Jigglypuff is and never will be a mid-tier character.
Get in it already.

PND

Smash Champion
In fact, give me examples of any Jigglypuffs who have placed by timing out people.
Me.

And I said this months ago back when I was still part of the Jiggs community but you guys didn't listen. You guys were too busy on that whole "Jiggs is hopeless" bull****. . . and a lot still are. Y'all need to catch up.

While many of you guys were just trolling the boards and whining about her hopelessness players like Jigglymaster, Framerate, G-reg, Woody and Vanz stepped the **** up. Mad respect to them.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Btw Dina you can't really quote yourself and say /thread......

And jigglymaster went diddy also, you can't say he got as far as he did on jigglypuff alone

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Btw Dina you can't really quote yourself and say /thread......

And jigglymaster went diddy also, you can't say he got as far as he did on jigglypuff alone
who says I can't? And when he won with jigglypuff he didn't time out anyone. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom