• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

your first char

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
wanted to make a thread to check which was the first char you used in this game/how long it took for you to find your main. personally started with dk and falcon, dk and luigi online, yoshi became my main maybe a year and a half later, whenever that yoshi player (cannot remember name) hosted that yoshi ditto tournament.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i picked samus first and stuck with her and have been sticking with her for the two years i've been playing.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
pikachu for about the first 15 minutes it took to unlock captain falcon (yea i beat it that fast on my first try when I was 10 wut). Then I switched to captain falcon. Today I am a falcon main with a pika secondary. Weird.

Villainy

Smash Cadet
I played a lot of falcon, but then I realized everyone and their mom plays falcons so I stopped playing him all together for a long time and picked up luigi.

Olikus

Smash Champion
I played many different caracthers when i started. Online I began with DK then pika, and now I've been playing mario.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Donkey Kong. I'm a massive DK fan so it was always a go-er!

Then I unlocked Jigglypuff and the rest is history...

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
the first 2 months ssb came out, it was mario(brother picked luigi...). then came kirby(brother picked jiggs...) for a little less than a year, followed by FOCKS!

then, in melee.... my brother picked falco.

B Link

Smash Lord
I started with keyboard fox until I got a console. I miss those long keyboard fox dittos on sector z, they were hella intense.

Ask YBOMBB who his first character was if you see him in server, might surprise you lolol

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
what the **** is with all these samus mains

i don't ever see anyone play her forreals

Froski

Boss of Bosses
I main Samus in teams. Thats when you'll see me use her a lot.

:samus: in teams = WIN

D

Deleted member

Yellow Mario, then I started playing Melee and never played SSB64 again on the original console lol, even forgot how to z-cancel and everything

Cowboy64

Smash Rookie
Started with Mario because I was really young and he was the only one I knew. Eventually moved on to Capt. Falcon because trolling his Falcon Punch was the only thing I could do against my older brothers and their friends. Now I pretty much play Link, Samus, Mario, or Kirby. I mean, I play all the characters, I just like those four the best, with Link and Samus probably being my favorite to play with.

darf nate

Smash Cadet
I started with link originally and then switched to samus a little before melee came out and stuck with her for a good 10 years.. recently i started playing falcon because i feel like i can't get much better with samus and im still not good enough to beat good fox, falco, or sheik players and because falcon is just so fast and fun to play with

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
Kirby was the first, simply because I was a fan of him when I was a young lad and that he was easy to move. Then I moved to Samus much much later.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
He's talking about melee anyway, where I'm pretty sure samus is mid tier + and not rock bottom like in 64.
regardless, one can always improve on a character

Cleon

Smash Rookie
My first was Samus, way back when I was little and wasn't any good and played with my older brother and his friends. Then when I got back into the game I first focused on Yoshi and then Link. Now I main Yoshi and Luigi, and Link for secondary.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
He's talking about melee anyway, where I'm pretty sure samus is mid tier + and not rock bottom like in 64.

nice samus btw
Even rock bottom in 64 is way better than low/upper bottom tier in Brawl.

And even that's not enough to put me off. **** yeah, Samus.

darf nate

Smash Cadet
i agree... samus being rock bottom of the teir list on 64 she still feels more useable than brawl samus

also yes cobrevolution i was talking about melee and ik there are people that are better than me at samus but i feel like i personally can't get much better with samus than i am and im still not good enough to win melee tournaments with her and im just kind of bored with playing her for the last 10 years too lol

Smash Jesus

Smash Rookie
I've mained Samus since I started playing with my friends back when we knew nothing about the game and just smash attacked and rolled offensively. That was probably 2005

Top Bottom