• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Favourite King Dedede Taunt

What is your favourite King Dedede Taunt?

• Up Taunt - Hammer Hoist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Side Taunt - The Villainous Spin

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Down Taunt - Bellydrum Dance

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Crouch - The Victory Sprawl

Votes: 32 76.2%
  • THE CUSTOM - Described below

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters

Eggggggggggbert

Smash Apprentice
I've noticed a lack of discussion lately so lets have a nice thread about everyone's favourite handsome devil.
Everyone likes to taunt, whether you're one to spam or seldom use after the impressive kill. The real question is what tomfoolery of his do you enjoy boasting.
  • Up Taunt: Hoists his hammer above his head and pumps it up and down.
  • Side Taunt: Spins his hammer while looking at the camera, laughing.
  • Down Taunt: Dances in a circle while drumming on his belly.
  • Crouch: Sittin' there all sprawled out, just enjoying life (I wrote d-tilt in the poll, opps).
  • THE CUSTOM: Do you have your own custom goof-ballery you enjoy displaying?
I can say personally in friendly offline matches, I like to pause on his nair for a moment. Nothing makes me smile more than seeing how happy he is with that dopey grin. Usually in online games, I go for the rare down taunt.

Which do you guys prefer?

Last edited:

Douglas Jay Ganon

Smash Apprentice
In Brawl, my favourite was the Side Taunt, because the face of madness was written in his face. In Sm4sh got nerfed tho :(

My favourite now is the Royal Crouch. Cause a true King needs a Royal Rest after kicking some filthy peasants off.

tropped

Smash Rookie
Definitely Crouch. 0 lag, and infinite taunt. What else can we ask for?

D

Deleted member

Definitely the crouch, though whenever I KO somebody it's somehow set in my subconscious that I do his down taunt. i also do his up taunt sometimes since I have "Dededestroyed!" in the taunt bubble.

jaddasroots

Smash Rookie
NNID
jaddasbranch
Always the crouch. Lagless and more insulting than any of his taunts.
His side taunt is a close second though. If I'm feeling really good, I go for the side taunt to crouch combo for maximum disrespect.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Side taunt is my favorite, but when playing with friends, I prefer up taunt, since I set the taunt bubble to "SURELY U JESTIN".

Sometimes I just do infinite dTilts at the edge, that one's fun too.

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
I like the crouch, but then again, who doesn't? My favorite normal taunt is down taunt, though I also like up taunt.

abx

Smash Journeyman
I like the belly dance, It's pure joy and mock as well.

Honorable mention for the dash dance.

Ten-X Legacy

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0018-3082-8725
Pivot (ring around the hammer) into crouch

dabess^
This person. This person! Wins.
I like to do that whenever they either hit the screen, or shoot for the stars.
Do about 2-3 dash pivots, then end in a right/screen facing crouch.
Not enough time? Victory Sprawl!™

But only on the last stock.
Taunting is best to annoy your opponents into making bad decisions. :3
I reserve D-pad taunts for the first stock.

Although, quite often, I find I can't taunt because I'm recovering from a fully charged Jet-Hammer.
But that might be because I have lame internet, thus play against level 8's most of the time...

(Specifically made an account, just to reply to this post. Hjelloh all!)

Last edited:

Werewoof

Smash Rookie
Often times when I'm fighting an annoying zoner type character (Zelda, Link, Villager, etc.) I go for the crouch taunt after taking a stock to rile em up and hopefully get them to play more aggressive and dumb.

However, if I manage to kill with something rare like a D-air spike or a jethammer, I will go for the side taunt since it seems more like a villainous laugh while twirling their mustache thing. Aka "Just as planned, nehehe!"

But all of his taunts are the best. No other character can look so frekin happy while bodying opponents.

BlackCore8

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BLCore
I really like his down taunt cause he looks really happy. I sometimes use his crouch when I don't have time for his actual taunts, but I agree that his crouch is his most disrespectful taunt.

randomguy1235

Smash Apprentice
I love his crouch taunt for multiple reasons, but mainly for being a quick and safe option. If I'm playing with friends and want to tease them though, I always go for the down taunt.

MioTinto

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-2162-7019
The crouch is so ridiculously overpowered that it should be banned when discussing this matter. I use the crouch so often that it's one of the first things my muscle memory messes up for me when I'm not playing Dedede.
Personally, I'm fond of the down taunt, and the up taunt works as my salute to honorable players. I sometimes do shorthop nair as a custom taunt.

Doctor Troggy

Smash Rookie
Crouch is clearly the best taunt. Lagless, infinite and links into attacks. Down taunt is also Dedede's best D-Pad taunt. Up Taunt is best used as a salute to others.

Anatase

Smash Cadet
NNID
SilentHuntsman
The Dededance (Dash left and right so he spins on his hammer) is fantastic, as is the Dedede Bow (Up-B 0.5 seconds after the "GAME!" shout), but the crouch is just too infuriating to my oponents. I love it so much...

Top Bottom