• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your favourite game from each series that includes fighters in Smash Ultimate?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
:ultmario: - Super Mario Odyssey. New Donk City alone was enough to make this my favourite, the festival sequence is one of the pinnacles of gaming along with the final area of the game evoking a Halo 3 feeling.
:ultlink: - Wind Waker, Breath of the Wild or Hyrule Warriors. WW - Charming Aesthetic, best villain in the series, fun bosses and nice characters. BotW - An excellent shake-up, a proper "It's your adventure, finish it when you want" makes for a very replayable game. HW - An excellent spin-off that is a love letter to the series in spite of some of the Zelda formula not working well.
:ultsamus: - Metroid Prime (specifically the Prime Trilogy version). A masterful translation of the Metroid formula into a 3d environment from a first person perspective, one of the few games where motion controls truly improve the experience. Also amazing music and neat bosses.
:ultpikachu: - Black/White 2. So much content, so much quality content. Seeing how Unova changed over the years was great and all of the side content ensures you have a lot to do.
:ultdk: - Tropical Freeze. Probably the best 2d platformer made. Extremely clever level design with lots of neat touches that enhance it further, a lovely soundtrack and tight controls.
:ultfox: - Star Fox Assault. The on-foot stuff was pretty good and something I'd love to see get improved upon in future whenever they know what they're doing with Star Fox anymore.
:ultfalcon: - F-Zero GX. Tight controls, brutal difficulty, great graphics for the time and a soundtrack from the lord Hidenori Shoji.
:ultyoshi: - Yoshi's Island DS. Lots of neat extras, seeing baby Wario and DK and the like was fun.
:ultness: - Mother 3. The strongest story of the lot with many, many deep themes at play here. I think modern "gamers" would hate it for those themes so its even better.
:ultmarth: - Radiant Dawn and Awakening. RD is an excellent follow-up to PoR with plenty of QoL changes, more characters and continued storylines, not all of that is perfect of course but the quality is consistently top. Awakening is the shot the series needed. More accessibility options are never a bad thing and it's a pretty good love letter to prior FE games with the spotpass and DLC.
:ulticeclimbers: - N/A. They only have one game and I don't like it. Calling it a favourite is just wrong.
:ultgnw: - Game and Watch Gallery 4. Had some fun with it and the updates to some of the games included.
:ultpit:- Uprising. Exceptional dialogue that was downright hilarious at times with characters like Viridi and Hades. Music was excellent too.
:ultolimar: - Pikmin 2. No time limits beyond how long days last. Dungeons.
:ultrob: - N/A. Never played them.
:ultsnake: - MGS3. The best story out of the whole series, a Bond-like soundtrack, fun side characters and a Jungle survival element was really neat.
:ultwario: - Wario World. Beat the **** out of monsters and some other freaky stuff. Also suck-up money like you're Kirby. Had a lot of fun here.
:ultsonic: - Unleashed (360). The Werehog levels are actually just fine and are at worst on par with GoW1. Day time stages are a blast, the best look for the series in terms of side characters and just overall very beautiful to look at. Pushed the system to the limits as seen in Jungle Joyride's day stages.
:ultvillager: - N/A. Just not my thing.
:ultwiifittrainer: - N/A. Not my thing.
:ultmegaman: - Mega Man X. The best overall stage design, bosses, characters and soundtrack.
:ultpacman: - Pac-Man World 2. A very fun platformer with charm.
:ultlittlemac: - Punch-Out Wii. Soundtrack, aesthetic and characters were all neat in-spite of playing on stereotypes which is a big yikes.
:ultryu: - Street Fighter 3: Third Strike. Fluid sprite work, great ost and just really fun to play.
:ultshulk: - Xenoblade 1. The best characters. Best music. Best story. Best designs. Great VA work. Quite literally my favourite game ever.
:ultduckhunt: - Duck Hunt. It's the only game. P cool.
:ultmiifighters: - Wii Sports. It was fun though the novelty wore off.
:ultcloud: - FF6. I love the cast, the music and the locales.
:ultbayonetta: - Bayo 1. I prefer the curve to it as well as the grander scale of eventually fighting God in Space.
:ultinkling: - N/A. Very strongly dislike it.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
:ultmario: - I'd probably say Super Mario Galaxy.
:ultlink: - Ocarina of Time.
:ultcloud: - Final Fantasy X.
:ultpikachu: - Pokemon Gold and Silver.
:ultmarth: - Fire Emblem: Awakening.
:ultpit: - Kid Icarus: Uprising.
:ultshulk: - Xenoblade Chronicles.
:ultfox: - Starfox 64.
:ultdiddy:- Am I allowed to say Diddy Kong Racing?
:ultryu: - Street Fighter IV.
:ultsonic: - Sonic the Hedgehog (Game Gear version.)
:ultlittlemac: - Punch Out! Wii.
:ultwario: - Warioware: Smooth Moves.
:ultolimar: - Pikmin 1.
:ultyoshi: - Yoshi's Story.
:ultvillager: - Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

Yarael-BJ-Poof

Smash Cadet
:ultshulk: - Never played. Considering the EVERYTHING about XC2, I don't think I ever want to grace those devs with money.
XC2 has nothing to do with XC1. XC1 is one of the best games I have ever played. Anyone who owns a Wii needs to play it. (And the dev team was different, no hentai artists anywhere)

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
XC2 has nothing to do with XC1. XC1 is one of the best games I have ever played. Anyone who owns a Wii needs to play it. (And the dev team was different, no hentai artists anywhere)
I am well aware, I'm just saying that while watching Nintendo Directs XC2 REALLY rubbed me the wrong way.
From what I understand the original is also an 100+ hour RPG and as an animation student I unfortunately don't have as much time for vidya as I'd like to.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Alright, let's try this...
:ultmario:- Really darn tough considering just how many games fall under the Mario label, but overall, I think I have to go with Super Mario Galaxy, the game that defined my childhood, although it would be remiss if I didn't at least give a shoutout to all the Mario RPGs (Sticker Star and Color Trash don't count) for fostering my love of RPGs and being solid games in their own right.
:ultdk:- Not much of a choice for me considering I only played Returns and Tropical Freeze, but Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is a damn fine platformer and easily one of, if not the best Wii U exclusive out there.
:ultyoshi:- Only played Yoshi's Woolly World, but it was good enough for me to play to 100% completion, which is impressive considering I'm not much of a completionist, so good on ya, Yosh.
:ultlink:- I've hardly played any Zelda games as the series just isn't for me, but of the ones I did play, I had a disproportionate amount of fun with Zelda: Four Swords.
:ultsamus:- I only played Super Metroid and the abomination known as Other M (and a little bit of Prime 3 before putting it down), and even though I never finished either of them, Super Metroid easily takes the cake.
:ultpikachu:- A toughie, but I'd have to go with Black 2/White 2 for its wide Mon selection, loads of content, and for flawlessly standing the test of time without being ripped to shreds by fanboys, a feat which most Pokemon games can't boast.
:ultkirby:- Lots of good choices here, but to risk sounding like a hipster, Kirby Air Ride is a damn fantastic game to play with friends and needs a sequel already. Where's my Air Ride 2 with online support, Nintendo?! City Trial demands a comeback!
:ultness:- I've only ever played the English patch of Mother 3, and god damn, is it a solid RPG. Now I just wish it'd see a rerelease already so I could pay for it...
:ultshulk:- Xenoblade Chronicles is easily my favorite game and series of all time, and it makes me sad to see some people write off such a mind-blowing series based on the character design in one game. Xenoblade 2 gets an honorable mention for being nearly as good as the original, but just barely falling short in many aspects.
:ultsonic:- Sonic Mania, easily. One of my favorite platformers and, in my opinion, one of the few truly good Sonic games to come out in recent years. Also, its soundtrack is probably the one I've come back to the most, even more than Xenoblade's and Super Meat Boy's.
:ultmegaman:- I'm tempted to say Mega Man Legacy Collection, which kind of sounds like cheating, but I also didn't enjoy any one game in the collection particularly over the others, so...
:ultpacman:- PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX is fun. Not much else to say.

And every other series not listed here I basically haven't touched and, for the most part, don't plan to.

Last edited:

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
:ultmario: - Super Mario Odyssey. Super Mario 64 was unbeaten to me until Odyssey came though
:ultdk: - Donkey Kong Country Returns
:ultlink: - The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild (one of two games tied in my #1 spot)
:ultsamus: - Metroid Fusion
:ultyoshi: - Yoshi's Woolly World
:ultkirby: - It wildly varies between Kirby Super Star/Ultra, Kirby 64, Kirby's Return To Dream Land and Kirby Star Allies. Every day it's a different answer
:ultfox: - Star Fox Assault
:ultpikachu: - Pokémon Black & White
:ultness: - Earthbound, but that's probably because I haven't played a substantial amount of Mother 3 yet
:ultfalcon: - F-Zero GX
:ulticeclimbers: - ...Ice Climber lol
:ultmarth: - Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows Of Valentia
:ultgnw: - Game & Watch Gallery 4
:ultsnake: - Metal Gear Solid in its 1998 lowpoly glory, still haven't played the fanfavorite Snake Eater tho
:ultwario: - WarioWare: Smooth Moves
:ultolimar: - Pikmin 3
:ultsonic: - Sonic Adventure 2/Battle, probably the game I spent the most time ever
:ultrob: - I never played any of the ROB games so I'll go with Mario Kart DS :p
:ultvillager: - Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:ultmegaman: - I only played Mega Man 9, and Mega Man 64 a billion years ago
:ultwiifittrainer: - Wii Fit U. The dancing exercises are really fun no lie
:ultlittlemac: - Punch Out Wii
:ultmiifighters: - I played Wii Music more than I'd like to admit
:ultpacman: - I haven't played much outside of the original game
:ultshulk: - Xenoblade Chronicles. Both XCX and XC2 almost surpassed it but ended up falling short here and there at one point. XC2 Torna in theory has the potential to become my fave if they address the problems I have with XC2
:ultduckhunt: - Never played any
:ultryu: - Only played SSFIV Arcade Edition
:ultcloud: - I only played a bit of the first NES game, so I'll go with Mario Hoops 3 on 3 :p
:ultbayonetta: - Bayonetta 2, one of my favorite action games ever!
:ultinkling: - THEORETICALLY Splatoon 2 is better than the first but since it didn't add much to the formula, I'll give it to Splatoon because it was more ambitious (and with a way better singleplayer, I haven't played Octo Expansion tho)

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
:ultmario:Super Mario RPG
:ultdk:Donkey Kong Country 2
:ultlink:The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
:ultsamus:Super Metroid
:ultyoshi:Yoshi's Island
:ultkirby:Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
:ultfox:Star Fox Assault
:ultpikachu:Pokémon Crystal
:ultfalcon:F-Zero GX
:ultness:Mother 3
:ulticeclimbers:Ice Climber
:ultmarth:Fire Emblem Awakening
:ultgnw:Fire
:ultpit:Kid Icarus Uprising
:ultwario:Wario Land II
:ultsnake:Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
:ultolimar:Pikmin 3
:ultrob:Gyromite
:ultsonic:Sonic Adventure 2
:ultvillager:Animal Crossing New Leaf
:ultmegaman:Mega Man Zero 2
:ultwiifittrainer:Wii Fit U
:ultlittlemac:Mike Tyson's Punch Out!!
:ultmiifighters:Wii Sports Resort
:ultpacman:Ms. Pac-Man
:ultshulk:Xenoblade Chronicles 2
:ultduckhunt:Duck Hunt
:ultryu:Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
:ultcloud:Final Fantasy VI
:ultbayonetta:Bayonetta 2
:ultinkling:Splatoon 2

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
:ultbayonetta:= Never played
:ultfalcon:= Only played original F-Zero
:ultcloud:= Final Fantasy VII
:ultdk:= DK Country Returns
:ultduckhunt:= N/A
:ultfox:= Star Fox Zero (Never really actually liked the star fox series)
:ulticeclimbers:= N/A
:ultinkling:= Splatoon 2
:ultisabelle:= New Leaf
:ultkirby:= Kirby Superstar
:ultlink:= Windwaker
:ultlittlemac:=Original Punch Out
:ultmario:= Either 3D World or Super Paper Mario
:ultmarth:= Awakening
:ultmegaman:= Mega Man 3
:ultmiifighters:= Tomodatchi Life
:ultgnw:= Octopus
:ultness:= EarthBound
:ultolimar:= Pikmin 3
:ultpacman:= original
:ultpikachu:= Sun
:ultpit:= It would be weird if I said anything other then Uprising
:ultrob:= ?
:ultryu:= Street Fighter II
:ultsamus:= Super Metroid
:ultshulk:= haven’t played
:ultsimon:= haven’t played
:ultsnake:= Snake Eater
:ultsonic:= Sonic Mania
:ultwario:= WarioWare Gold
:ultwiifittrainer:= N/A
:ultyoshi:= Yoshi’s Island

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
:ultmario: Oh boy...Paper Mario, Thousand Year Old Door, Mario 64, Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Bros 3 dont make me pick
:ultdk:Donkey Kong 64 forever
:ultlink: Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Windwaker.
:ultyoshi: Yoshi's Story was cool.
:ultfox: Starfox 64
:ultpikachu: Pokemon Heartgold
:ultness: Played uhm...the one Ness is in for an hour, it was aight.
:ultmarth: Fire Emblem 7 (If that's the one with Lyn, Hector and Eliwood, but more importantly Dorcas)
:ultwario: Warioware Smooth Moves
:ultsonic: Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic Mania, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, really liked Chronicles as well.
:ultolimar: Pikmin 1
:ultvillager: Uh I played the one on gamecube and it was ok I guess
:ultmegaman: Mega Man 2 (I like all the ones before the X series, but this had the best soundtrack imo)
:ultpacman: Pacman or Pacman 2: The New Adventures
:ultshulk: Xenoblade Chronicles
:ultduckhunt: Duck Hunt
:ultryu: Street Fighter 4 (the one I played most, I'm more into the Marvel vs Capcom games)
:ultcloud: Final Fantasy X

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'll only include the series I have experience with:
:ultmario:: Sunshine...As it's the only Mario game I remember playing lol
:ultlink:: Breath of The Wild easily. Best open world exploration period.
:ultsamus:: I'd have to say Prime, as it had great lore and atmosphere. I loved the first person perspective too.
:ultpikachu:: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky. Awesome spinoff game.
:ultpit:: Uprising. I loved the combat and character dialogue.
:ultike:: Out of the FE games I've played, I'd have to say Radiant Dawn.
:ultshulk:: Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I don't care what people say about the art, I love this game's gameplay, visuals, and characters.
:ultsnake:: Metal Gear Solid 2. It is a very Kojima-esque game, and I love it.
:ultmegaman:: Does Mega-Man X count? If so, then that one.
:ultbayonetta:: It's a tie between 1 and 2, but I'd give it to the first one.
:ultsimon:: Aria of Sorrow. But Super Castlevania IV is a very close second.

Last edited by a moderator:

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
It's hard to pick just one, I feel some games do things better than others and even in their own series, shouldn't be judged together. I definitely don't think 2D Zelda and 3D Zelda should be judged on the same criteria for example, and should be seperated. Metroid Prime and 2D Metroid is a completely different animal as well. But if I absolutely MUST play by the rules, I'll play ball...
Right, here I go.

:ultmario:
Can I cheat and say Super Mario All-Stars? I just love the original trilogy so much. If that's not an option, I'll go ahead and say the original Super Mario Bros is my pick. Mario 3 is really good, but I prefer SMB1 since I can clear it in like 2 hours while SMB3 is my whole afternoon. If i'm going to invest my time in a game for longer than 2 to 3 hours, I'd rather it be something that takes several days to a month.

:ultdk:
Call me crazy but I like the original DKC the most. Maybe it's because I didn't play DKC2 until it came to Wii Virtual Console and DKC was the first game I ever "beat" without help or cheating so I've got a more personal connection to it, but I just find it a more pleasurable romp than DKC2... You know what my second favorite is though? Diddy Kong Racing. Beats the pants off of Mario Kart... if you're one of those single player kids like I was anyway.

:ultlink:
My answer for this changes all the time, but lately I bounce back and forth between the original NES game, and Breath of the Wild. I'm intimately familiar with Zelda 1 after having played it dozens of times in several ways. Even mapped out the game on graph paper. Breath of the Wild reminds me a lot of Zelda 1, and shook off a lot of the dead weight that the 3D games were getting bogged down by, in a time where it needed it the most. Let's call this a tie.

:ultyoshi:
Yoshi's Island. C'mon, you kidding me? Like I'm gonna pick the sequels or spinoffs.

:ultfox:
Yeah... Star Fox 64 I guess. I like Assault and Adventures just fine though. The SNES games need smooth remakes. The DS game and Zero can die though.

:ultkirby:
Kirby's Adventure. Not my first Kirby game, but it was the first one I owned, though technically I owned the GBA remake.

:ultpikachu:
Pokemon Red. Sorry, I'm a dirty genwunner. But Black is a pretty close second.

:ultsamus:
Metroid Prime. I got this for christmas even though I didn't ask for it, and it wasn't really like any other game I played before... though I did play Metroid 2, the Return of Samus, but again, I don't think you can compared the 2D games and the Prime series.

:ultfalcon:
F-Zero X. SNES game is too primitive, GX is just too difficult. X is an amazing Balance, imo.

:ultness:
EarthBound. Though if you ask me, MOTHER 3 has the more coherent plot, but a lot of the fun of MOTHER is how weird it is. That final boss is also a lot more intense and satisfying to beat.

:ulticeclimbers:
NGL, this game stinks, and I love retro games... I think romhackers could salvage it though, just tweak a few things...

:ultmarth:
I don't like this genre. I tried the NES version, the SNES remake, and an Awakening Demo, and I just can't get into it.

:ultgnw:
The original Game & Watch gallery has the best selection, if that doesn't count, then just FIRE. My brother and I were actually gifted Game & Watch keychains, he got Fire, I got Donkey Kong Junior. Probably because I was a known DK and Mario fanatic... that said, I'd play my Brother's FIRE all the time and usually ignore my own game.

:ultpit:
The original NES game for me... it's rough starting up but once you power up, it's amazing. Uprising was fine, but it's not really what I wanted in a new KI game. It feels more like Star Fox with a harem anime skin on it. Those controls are also really rough man. I was hoping mostly touch based controls would have died with the DS.

:ultwario:
Warioware Inc. Mega Microgame$. First one's still the best, but Wario Ware Gold is a pretty strong contender.

:ultsnake:
MGS3. I actually played all four MGS games for the first time, back to back, when I was waiting for Brawl to come out, and MGS3 was the most fun imo.

:ultsonic:
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles. I was always a Nintendo kid, never owned a Sega, but I still loved Sonic, and would play it on my Aunt's genesis when I came to visit. I never got to finish it till it hit the Gamecube, but this one made the biggest impact on me. As a side, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle is still my favorite 3D Sonic.

:ultolimar:
Pikmin 1. I've never got the chance to play 2, but i'm not sure it'll jive with me since I didn't care for swapping between characters in 3.

:ultrob:
Uhhh, well I played a hack of Gyromite that doesn't require ROB to play. Does that count? It's fine... it's not bad. Not a top tier NES game by any means but it's still worth a play.

:ultvillager:
I like the Gamecube version the most. Feels like all the subsequent games have insanely limited dialogue compared to the Gamecube game for some reason. And Dialogue is a huge deal for a game like this.

:ultmegaman:
Megaman 2. Boring answer I know, but it's the one I can consistently beat while having fun. I didn't care for how the X series felt and I haven't tried any of the other series.

:ultwiifittrainer:
Didn't play.

:ultpacman:
Mrs. Pac-Man

:ultmiifighters:
Nintendo Land... the ultimate showcase of Nintendo's untapped potential with the Wii U. Assymetrical Multiplayer should have been explored further than just Nintendo Land and Game & Wario.

:ultlittlemac:
I like the Wii version. The NES version is fine, but it's too easy until you reach Soda Popinski, and then it bordered on unfair... or maybe it's just been too long since I've played on a crt where there's no input lag. But the Wii version was such a nice surprise and it filled all the characters with huge personalities, all without me being able to understand more than three or four of them.

:ultduckhunt:
Uhhh Duck Hunt I guess?

:ultshulk:
Didn't play any of them. I might get it if it's ever re-released I guess but i'm not buying a New 3DS, nor am I buying it used at an inflated price.

:ultcloud:
I like the first one. I haven't played any of the post SNES FF games, or finished any of the post NES games. But I finished FF1.

:ultryu:
Don't like this series, too technical for me.

:ultbayonetta:
Never played it. I don't think i'm interested. Maybe I'll try it if I can get it for cheap.

:ultinkling:
Splatoon 1. The sequel is fine, but it's too similar to the first one, so I already knew what to expect. But this was an amazing new IP. It took me a while to be sold on it, but the trailers won me over, and the global test fire got me really itchy to play it some more.

:ultsimon:
Castlevania. Unpopular opinion, but I only really like Castlevania 1 and 4. 3 is too hard for me and the metroid style is just not for me.

D

Deleted member

I know Im late to the party but I want to post my own opinion.
I wont omit series I havent played btw.
Also I was born during the WIi era,(2004-2010) so most of my games are recent compared to others
:ultmario:-Super Mario Odyssey. Not terrible tbh, but it's not the worst game ever
:ultdk:- Donkey Kong Country Returns- Never finished
:ultlink:-Breath of the Wild- IMO this game is the best game ever created(it's even better than GMOD). Only things left to do atm is beat Ganon and Trial of the Sword.
:ultrichter:-Never Played
:ultmegaman: -Never Played
:ultfalcon:-Never Played
:ultpacman:- Played the actual atari version(a friend of my mom has just an atari console and "old school" stuff, really interesting to see)
:ultsnake:-Never Played
:ultshulk:-Never Played
:ultdarksamus:-Never Played
:ultbayonetta:-Never Played
:ultgnw:-Never Played
:ultmewtwo:-Omega Ruby/Sapphire. 3ds broke so this(along with X) are the only games I've played(besides Red, which was in a random Gameboy my grandparents found on a bus)
:ultyoshi:-Yoshi's Wooly World(only game I've Played)
:ultmetaknight:-I believe it was that one kirby game for the Wii U(something to do with colors or something? dunno)
:ultpit:-Never Played
:ultsonic:-Only played the first 3, never finished any of them(GOD DAMMIT CHEMICAL PLANT)
:ultmegaman:-Never Plated
:ultcorrin:-Only played a demo of the game that Robin appeared in(dont remember what it was called)
:ulticeclimbers:-Never Played
:ultwiifittrainer:-There's only one game..(with like 5000 mini games)
:ultmiifighters:-Literally any game that has Miis
:ultolimar:-Never Played
:ultvillager:-Never Played
:ultrob:-I mean, it wasen't a game, per say, more like a toys to life kinda deal. Never played.
:ultfox:- Never Played
:ultcloud:- Played like 1 hour of XV, and got stuck at the boat part(it was from the library, and I havent seen it since)
:ultinkling:- OMG ITS THE BEST GAME EVARRRAARRRAARRR( I played a bit of 1 without a Nintendo ID, but 2 is definitely superior, even without Octo Expansion)

That about sums it up.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Mario series (:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultdoc::ultrosalina:) : Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, followed by Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, and Super Mario Bros. 3. Paper Mario and the Mario Kart series are also some of my favorite spin-offs.
Donkey Kong series (:ultdk::ultdiddy:) : Donkey Kong Country & Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest.
Legend of Zelda series (:ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ultsheik::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink:) : The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, followed by The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, the only two Zelda games I've played all the way through, and had fun playing too!
Metroid series (:ultsamus::ultzss::ultridley:) : Never played, unfortunately.
Yoshi series (:ultyoshi:) : Never played, unless Super Mario World counts, but I'd love to play Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. Looks like so much fun!
Kirby series (:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight:) : Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards followed by Kirby: Super Star.
Starfox series (:ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf:) : Star Fox Adventures is the only Star Fox game I've played, don't hate me!
Pokemon series (:ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultmewtwo::ultpichu::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucario::ultgreninja:) : Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow, Pokemon Gold/Silver/Heart Gold/Soul Silver, Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, & X & Y. Always loved Pokemon growing up so Gens 1, 2, 3, & 6 are my current favorites.
Mother series (:ultness::ultlucas:) : Never played
F-Zero series (:ultfalcon:) : F-Zero X, baby!
Ice Climber series (:ulticeclimbers:) : Never played
Fire Emblem series (:ultmarth::ultroy::ultike::ultlucina::ultrobin:ultcorrin:) : Never played, don't want to play. Ever.
Game & Watch series (:ultgnw:) : Never played.
Kid Icarus series (:ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena:) : Never played, but actually want to try out Kid Icarus Uprising
Wario series (:ultwario:) : Never played, but would like to play the Wario Land series at some point.
Metal Gear series (:ultsnake:) : Never played.
Sonic the Hedgehog series (:ultsonic:) : Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, my first and favorite foray into the Sonic series.
Pikmin series (:ultolimar:) : Never played
ROB series (:ultrob:) : Never played
Animal Crossing series (:ultvillager:) : Never played
Megaman series (:ultmegaman:) : Mega Man 2, which seems to be the general consensus, although I love the graphics of Mega Man 7
Wii Fit series (:ultwiifittrainer:) : Never played
Punch Out!! series (:ultlittlemac:) : Never played
Mii series (:ultmiifighters:) : Never played
Pacman series (:ultpacman:) : Pac-Man! Duh!
Xenoblade series (:ultshulk:) : Never played, but would love to play the first Xenoblade Chronicles.
Duck Hunt series (:ultduckhunt:) : Never played.
Street fighter series (:ultryu:) : Street Fighter Alpha 2, Rose is bae!
Final Fantasy series (:ultcloud:) : Never played, have little interest in it.
Bayonetta series (:ultbayonetta:) : Never played.
Splatoon series (:ultinkling:) : Never played, but would like to try the first Splatoon.

I need to get into more series, but I refuse to play Fire Emblem or Final Fantasy. Just not my thing.

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
:ultmario:: Super Mario Galaxy 2
:ultlink:: Breath of the Wild
:ultyoshi:: I only played Woolly World but it was fun while it lasted
:ultkirby:: Kirby's Return to Dream Land
:ultinkling:: haven't played Splatoon 2 yet but I think I'll like it better than the first

D

Deleted member

EDIT: Never mind. Misread what thread this was. My bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Only listing the ones I actually have answers for:
:ultmario: - Super Mario 64
:ultdk: - Donkey Kong, the original (The only one I've played...)
:ultlink: - The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (The only LoZ game I've actually completely finished)
:ultkirby: - Kirby's Epic Yarn
:ultsamus: - Metroid Fusion
:ultwario: - WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$!
:ultness: - Earthbound
:ultsnake: - Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
:ultsonic: - Sonic the Hedgehog (The original, not '06)
:ultolimar: - Pikmin
:ultmiifighters: - Wii Sports
:ultpacman: - Pac-Man Collection (GBA)
:ultcloud: - Final Fantasy XV (Only one I've played, but I enjoyed it)
:ultmegaman: - Mega Man 2
:ultsimon: - Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Can't believe so many people's favorite DK game is Returns. To me Returns is the "NSMB" of the DKC franchise. I guess if it was your first DKC game OR the only one you played I could see that. But IMO DKC2 and Tropical Freeze are clearly the better games. DKCR IMO didn't add anything new to the series other than lame generic Tiki enemies. The overworld is very NSMB derivative, the soundtrack mostly consists of fairly lackluster DKC1 remixes, the bonus rooms lack any variety (though this is a problem in Tropical Freeze as well), the worlds are very standard DKC fare, their is only one animal buddy in Rambi (though this is also true in Tropical Freeze), the blow mechanic was forced and tacked on. Idk man the more I think about it DKCR isn't as great as I remembered. Still a good game but like I said doesn't even compare to Tropical Freeze and DKC2.

Anyway my picks would be:

:ultmario: - Super Mario Galaxy

:ultdk: - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (DKC 2 is VERY close)

:ultfox: - Star Fox: Assault (64 3D is very close)

:ultkirby: - Kirby Triple: Deluxe

:ultlittlemac: - Punch-Out!! Wii

:ultlink: - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

:ultwario: - Wario Land: Shake It

:ultsamus: - Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Super and Other M are VERY close)

:ultvillager: - Animal Crossing: New Leaf

:ultyoshi: - Yoshi's Story

:ultinkling: - Splatoon 2 (I enjoyed the 1st one but 2 improved on the multiplayer but I think the 1st game had a better main story, not counting Octo-Expansion as it was DLC)

:ultbayonetta: - Bayonetta 2 (both games are fantastic I just enjoy the 2nd one more)

:ultsonic: - Sonic Generations (though Mania and Sonic 2 are VERY close)

:ultpit: - Kid Icarus: Uprising (I think the game is okay but it's still better than the 1st Kid Icarus on NES game would be amazing if it didn't have terrible controls)

:ultfalcon: - F-Zero X

:ultmarth: - Fire Emblem: Awakening

:ultpikachu: - Pokemon Snap

:ultolimar: - Pikmin

:ultmegaman: -Mega Man 11 (just based on the demo alone it's better than those hard/cheap as hell NES games. Tried playing through them on the Legacy Collections on Switch just couldn't do it...)

:ultpacman: - Pac-Man: Championship Edition

:ulticeclimbers: - Smash Bros. Melee because their original game sucks ass.

Last edited:
Top Bottom