• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your favourite game from each series that includes fighters in Smash Ultimate?

Vanguard227

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vanguard227
Switch FC
SW 4222 8780 9424
What the title says; post your favourite game from each of the series that represents fighters in Smash Ultimate!
The way I determine different series is by looking at the symbol that represents each series. For example, the Mario series fighters are represented with a mushroom icon, so you would list your favourite Mario game for all the characters that have the mushroom icon, (spinoffs included). This means characters like Yoshi and Wario, who have separate icons, will get their own listings.

Even though some series being represented have very few games, or even just one tied to them, I've included them anyways for completion sake. And yes, I know the Mii fighters' symbol is just the smash symbol in-game, but I still consider them their own series.

Of course if you've never played any games in a specific series, you don't have to include them. Also, feel free to elaborate on why the games you choose are your favourites!

Here's my list:

Mario series (:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultdoc::ultrosalina:) : Paper Mario 64. Super Mario Bros. 3 and Mario Odyssey are close behind.
Donkey Kong series (:ultdk::ultdiddy:) : Diddy Kong racing. My first N64 game. So much nostalgia.
Legend of Zelda series (:ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ultsheik::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink:) : The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. Also my favourite video game of all time.
Metroid series (:ultsamus::ultzss::ultridley:) : Super Metroid. Perfect blend of platforming, exploration, shooting and collecting.
Yoshi series (:ultyoshi:) : Yoshi's Island. I actually played the GBA port of this game. Had many fond memories of playing this game on road trips.
Kirby series (:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight:) : Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards. Wish they made more Kirby games in this format.
Starfox series (:ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf:) : Star Fox Assault. Very underrated. Its music is high quality stuff.
Pokemon series (:ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultmewtwo::ultpichu::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucario::ultgreninja:) : Pokemon Y. Have only played bits and pieces of some of the other generations.
Mother series (:ultness::ultlucas:) : Mother 3. The only game that's made me full out cry.
F-Zero series (:ultfalcon:) : F-Zero X. I sucked at GX. XD
Ice Climber series (:ulticeclimbers:) : Never played
Fire Emblem series (:ultmarth::ultroy::ultike::ultlucina::ultrobin:ultcorrin:) : Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. Criminally underrated. Third tier promotions should come back.
Game & Watch series (:ultgnw:) : Game & Watch Gallery 4 (Rain Shower, to be more precise. Chef and Mario Bros. are also really fun.)
Kid Icarus series (:ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena:) : Kid Icarus Uprising
Wario series (:ultwario:) : Warioware inc. Mega Microgame$!
Metal Gear series (:ultsnake:) : Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. Awesome story, awesome gameplay, awesome characters.
Sonic the Hedgehog series (:ultsonic:) : Sonic 3 and Knuckles. Sonic Mania is a VERY close second.
Pikmin series (:ultolimar:) : Never played
ROB series (:ultrob:) : Never played
Animal Crossing series (:ultvillager:) : Animal Crossing 1
Megaman series (:ultmegaman:) : Megaman 2. Best music in the series too.
Wii Fit series (:ultwiifittrainer:) : Never played
Punch Out!! series (:ultlittlemac:) : Never played, but I enjoyed watching Punch Out!! on the Wii.
Mii series (:ultmiifighters:) : Tomodachi Life. The weirdest game I've ever played. But I love weird.
Pacman series (:ultpacman:) : Pacman World 2
Xenoblade series (:ultshulk:) : Xenoblade Chronicles X (I really need to play 1 and 2.)
Duck Hunt series (:ultduckhunt:) : Duck Hunt (You either played the game, or you didn't. XD )
Street fighter series (:ultryu:) : Never played
Final Fantasy series (:ultcloud:) : Final Fantasy VII. Final Fantasy VI is a VERY close second.
Bayonetta series (:ultbayonetta:) : Bayonetta 2
Splatoon series (:ultinkling:) : Splatoon 1. Haven't played Splatoon 2.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
:ultmario:Super Mario Odyssey
:ultdk:Donkey Kong Country 2
:ultlink:The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (#1 favorite game)
:ultsamus:Metroid: Zero Mission
:ultyoshi:Yoshi's Island (#2 favorite game)
:ultkirby:Kirby Super Star
:ultfox:(never played them)
:ultpikachu:Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire
:ultness:EarthBound
:ultfalcon:(never played them)
:ulticeclimbers:Ice Climber
:ultmarth:Fire Emblem Awakening
:ultgnw:Judge
:ultpit:Kid Icarus Uprising
:ultwario:Wario Land 4
:ultsnake:(never played them)
:ultsonic:Sonic Adventure 2
:ultolimar:(never played them)
:ultrob:Gyromite (by process of elimination. It was the least **** of the 2)
:ultvillager:Animal Crossing
:ultmegaman:Mega Man X
:ultwiifittrainer:(never played them)
:ultlittlemac:Punch-Out (Wii)
:ultmiifighters:Wii Sports
:ultpacman:(never played them, yes seriously)
:ultshulk:Xenoblade Chronicles X
:ultduckhunt:Duck Hunt
:ultryu:(never played them)
:ultcloud:Final Fantasy VI
:ultbayonetta:I'm gonna have to give the edge to the first Bayonetta because of how bat**** insane it is compared to the second one.
:ultinkling:Splatoon 2

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
:ultmario: - Super Mario 64 - It was a tough choice between this, Thousand Year Door, 3D World, and Super Mario World 2. I went with 64 because of all the childhood memories I have playing this game.
:ultdk: - Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze - Only one I’ve played. I didn’t have the patience for it.
:ultlink: - Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess - This was tough choice, I love a lot of Zelda games.
:ultsamus: - Metroid other M - The only one that I’ve played. Sadly I didn’t make it very far.
:ultyoshi: - Yoshi Story - Only Yoshi game that I’ve played. Wasn’t very memorable.
:ultkirby: - Kirby 64: Crystal Shards - Only Kirby that I’ve played. I loved it.
:ultfox: - Star Fox 64 - More childhood memories.
:ultpikachu: - Pokemon Sapphire - I wasted far too many hours on this game.
:ultfalcon: - F-Zero GX - Fantastic game, I hope it gets remade.
:ultness: - Never played.
:ulticeclimbers: - Ice Climber - This hasn’t aged well.
:ultmarth: - Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - An underrated masterpiece.
:ultgnw: - Chef - I played this as part of the Game & Watch Gallery collection on Game Boy Colour. I didn’t think any of them were that good. These games have aged horribly.
:ultpit: - Kid Icarus Uprising - Played through the story mode 3 times.
:ultwario: - Wario Land 3 - Only Wario game I’ve played. It’s a fantastic game.
:ultsnake: - Never played
:ultsonic: - Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (8-bit) - The first video game I’ve ever owned. Recently replayed it on 3DS virtual console, it’s aged pretty badly. It still has a special place in my heart for starting my love for video games.
:ultolimar: - Pikmin 2 - One of my favourite games of all time.
:ultrob: - Never played
:ultvillager: - Animal Crossing for GameCube - This game caused a lot of fights between me and my siblings. Lot’s of good and bad memories.
:ultmegaman: - Megaman Legends - The only Megaman game that I’ve played. My friend got me into it.
:ultwiifittrainer: - Never played.
:ultlittlemac: - Never played.
:ultmiifighters: - Wii Sports - Loved the Golf sections.
:ultpacman: - The only Pacman game I’ve ever played is some fan made version I found on Newgrounds. I’m not sure if that counts.
:ultshulk: - Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - The only one I’ve played. I’m not a fan.
:ultduckhunt: - Never played.
:ultryu: - Never played.
:ultcloud: - Final Fantasy Tactics Advance - Another game that I’ve spent far too much time on.
:ultbayonetta: - Never played.
:ultinkling: - Splatoon 2 - Obligatory early Switch purchase. I havn’t made it very far on this one yet.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
:ultmario: - Super Mario Galaxy. If spin offs are included, then RPG: Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door, sports: Mario Strikers Charged
:ultdoc:- Dr. Mario 64
:ultdk: - Donkey Kong 64. Love the Country games, but something about collectathons grabs me. Love how big the world is.
:ultlink:- The Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker. 3D Zelda in its perfection.
:ultsamus:- Super Metroid
:ultyoshi:- Yoshi's Island
:ultkirby:- Kirby Superstar
:ultfox: - Star Fox 64
:ultpikachu: - Pokemon Crystal
:ultness:- Only played Earthbound. Good game.
:ultfalcon:- F-Zero GX. Still the finest racing game I've played. So fast and tight. Makes X a bit redundant except for X-mode goodness.
:ultmarth:- Started playing Shadow Dragon, my first FE game ever. Got through the prologue and so far I am digging the strategy elements.
:ultshulk:- Xenoblade Chronicles. Never played the other two entries.
:ultmiifighters:- Wii Sports (Tennis)
:ultryu:- Street Fighter II: Turbo
:ultmegaman:- Mega Man Legends (never played the NES/SNES ones)

The rest is simple: never played 'em. Metal Gear is a series I want to try out if possible.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
:ultmario: - Paper Mario 64 (tough choice between this Superstar Saga, Odyssey and Luigi's Mansion)
:ultdk: - Never played a Donkey Kong game. (I guess I'd say Donkey Kong 64 looks like the one I'd enjoy the most)
:ultlink: - Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (another tough choice between this Breath of the Wild and Seasons.....I could see Majora's Mask being my favourite but I haven't played it yet)
:ultsamus: - Haven't really played the series much yet, I'd probably say one of the Prime games though.
:ultyoshi: - I feel like I've only ever played one Yoshi game....I think it was Yoshi: Touch & Go on the DS.
:ultkirby: - Kirby 64: Crystal Shards (it's kinda nostalgic)
:ultfox: - Star Fox Adventures (first and so far only Star Fox game I've played)
:ultpikachu: - Pokemon White (hard choice between the 3rd and 5th gen games but 5th gen is winning out right now as my favourite gen, I also had my most favourite and memorable team ever in White, I really did grow attached to each of my six team members)
:ultfalcon: - Never played. (well I played the ambassador game for a bit, not really my thing)
:ultness: - Mother 3 (Feels more polished to me than Ness's game, also I much preferred the story)
:ulticeclimbers: - Ice Climber (what else?)
:ultmarth: - Awakening I guess, I've never really been able to get into the franchise.
:ultgnw: - I think I played one of those game & watch mini game collections once....
:ultpit: - Kid Icarus Uprising (I only played a little of the original)
:ultwario: - WarioWare Touched
:ultsonic: - Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood
:ultolimar: - Pikmin 2
:ultvillager: - Animal Crossing (Gamecube)
:ultmegaman: - Megaman Battle Network 3
:ultlittlemac: - Never played. (I have a confession, I bought Little Mac for the Wii at my local Tesco for something like €5 and then.....never played it)
:ultmiifighters: - Tomodachi Life
:ultpacman: - The original I guess? I can't remember if I played one of the 3D platformers or just watched someone else play it
:ultshulk: - Xenoblade Chronicles (overall I prefer the team members and their dynamic more to X or 2)
:ultduckhunt: - The original I guess, I feel like I played this on one of those retro consoles you plug into your tv that come with 50+ games
:ultryu: - Street Fighter 4 (only one I played and only because the 3DS had slim pickings back when it launched, not really a fan)
:ultcloud: - Final Fantasy VIII (8)
:ultbayonetta: - Bayonetta 2
:ultinkling: - Splatoon (didn't pick up 2, not a huge fan though it was fun for a little while)

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
:ultmario: - Super Mario Bros 3 (Close 2nd and 3rd are Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario 64). I consider SMB3 to be greatest game ever.
:ultdk: - Donkey Kong Country
:ultlink: - Tough one. I will go with Twilight Princess but Windwaker and the original two for NES are great as well. Ocarina and Majora are another great classic. You can't go wrong with anything in this series. I also love Hyrule Warriors. Breath of the Wild was alright, I think it is overhyped.
:ultyoshi: - Yosh's Wooly World
:ultkirby: - Kirby's Adventures. Close second would be SuperStar for SNES.
:ultpikachu: - Never played
:ultfalcon: - Never played.
:ultness: - I have only played Earthbound 1
:ulticeclimbers: - Ice Climber (what else?)
:ultmarth: - Radiant Dawn
:ultgnw: - Never Played
:ultpit: - Never Played
:ultwario: - Played some of the Wariolands. They all seem alike. Not enough experience.
:ultsonic: - Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for Sega Genesis
:ultolimar: - Pikmin 3 (Pikmin 2 is great as well)
:ultvillager: - Never Played
:ultmegaman: - Megaman 2
:ultwiifittrainer: - I have only played the original Wii Fit
:ultpacman: - Pacman
:ultshulk: - Xenoblade Chronicles (I actually got bored of this one and quit it halfway through. Too much having to grind to win)
:ultduckhunt: - Duck Hunt is amazing. I had SMB1/Duck Hunt combo
:ultryu: - Street Fighter 2
:ultcloud: - Final Fantasy II
:ultbayonetta: - Never played
:ultinkling: - Splatoon (I have only played the original)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
:ultmario: - Super Mario Bros. 3 or Super Mario Galaxy...it's a toss up.
:ultyoshi: - Unless Super Mario World counts, I haven't played a strictly Yoshi game.
:ultwario: - Played the original Wario Land and Master of Disguise...wasn't a fan of either.
:ultdk: - Donkey Kong Country Returns
:ultlink: - Link's Awakening, easily!
:ultsamus: - I've only played the NES one, so that by default.
:ultkirby: - Kirby's Return to Dreamland
:ultfox: - I've never played any meaningful amount of a Star Fox game.
:ultpikachu: - Now this one is a toss up...either Omega Ruby, Black, or Black 2.
:ultness: - I've played EarthBound, but didn't really get into it. Kinda clunky.
:ultfalcon: - Never played an F-Zero game.
:ultmarth: - Another toss-up. Awakening, Shadow Dragon, and Echoes: Shadows of Valentia are my top three in no specific order.
:ultgnw: - Never played a Game & Watch title.
:ulticeclimbers: - I feel like one of the few who enjoy the NES game.
:ultpit: - Kid Icarus Uprising
:ultolimar: - Only played the Wii version of the first one. Definitely want to try the other two though.
:ultrob: - Never played Stack-Up or Gyromite. Does Mario Kart DS count? :p
:ultvillager: - Only played New Leaf. Wasn't a fan at all.
:ultwiifittrainer: - Never played a Wii Fit game.
:ultlittlemac: - I love the NES version, but the Wii one reigns supreme for me.
:ultmiifighters: - Wii Sports Resort!
:ultshulk: - Played some of the original. The combat didn't click with me so I shelved it.
:ultduckhunt: - Never played Duck Hunt.
:ultinkling: - Haven't played Splatoon.
:ultsnake: - Haven't played Metal Gear Solid.
:ultsonic: - Having only played Secret Rings and Riders...I'm gonna have to say Mario and Sonic at the 2010 Winter Olympics.
:ultmegaman: - Mega Man 2
:ultpacman: - Can't beat the original, though I love World 2.
:ultryu: - Street Fighter II
:ultcloud: - Never played a Final Fantasy title.
:ultbayonetta: - Haven't played either of the Bayonetta games.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
:ultmario:Super Mario Odyssey - If only because it's freshest in my mind and New Donk is probably the most fun I've had in a platformer this generation.
:ultdk:Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. - I've only actually played The original DKC and then the two Retro-made games. I feel like the difficulty in the latter is more fair on average.
:ultlink:The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - It was my first Zelda game and though I've played all the 3D ones since, it sort of created an expectation of the series in my head that has never been matched. If I had to differentiate between 3D and 2D, I'd give A Link Between Worlds the top spot.
:ultsamus: I honestly haven't played much Metroid. I suppose by default I'd give it to Prime 1, but, I honestly barely remember that game since I only finished it once.
:ultyoshi: Yoshi's Story - This is probably pure nostalgia since I played it as a very young kid. I'm sure if I played it nowadays it wouldn't hold up beyond the charm, but, still.
:ultkirby: This will tell you how much I actually like Kirby, but, my favorite Kirby game is the one on the 64 whose name I can't remember.
:ultfox: Star Fox 64 - I played the absolute hell out of this game during a time where, for whatever reason, I had no other N64 games. Very fun times.
:ultpikachu: Emerald - It's tough with Pokemon games, because mechanically I feel like they do sort of just get better and better, at least for competitive play. But, 3rd was the first generation of games that I ever played through all by myself and Emerald in particular just offers so damn much in terms of post game.
:ultness: Mother 3 - I can't believe this still hasn't made it's way to the US officially, but, it's so worth the effort to play the fan translation. Absolutely amazing game.
:ultfalcon: I've played some F-Zero here and there, but, no real affinity for it. I think the original was free at one point from Club Nintendo? Not sure.
:ulticeclimbers: Never played it, but, original game by default I guess?
:ultmarth: Fire Emblem: Awakening - This was the first game I played on my 3DS, and while it wasn't the first FE game I ever played (I had previously played and loved the Ike games) this just made the experience so much more enjoyable for me. Not to mention that I think the story and music are much stronger here.
:ultgnw: Never had the pleasure.
:ultpit:Kid Icarus Uprising - This is an immensely fun game that I never finished. Just hard on the hands, but, still a very good time that hopefully will be ported to something less crampy at some point.
:ultwario: I had a Wario Land game on the GBA once that I really enjoyed, but, it was so long ago that I can't remember which. Love the art style of those games though.
:ultsnake: Played a bit of Ground Zeroes when that was free on PS Plus. Liked it enough, but... Never enough to go out and buy the others.
:ultsonic:Sonic 2 - Probably the most common answer, but, apart from the Chao garden stuff in Adventure 2, Sonic just has never been more fun to me than learning to speedrun that second game. Looking forwarding to finally trying Mania when it gets that new edition later this year.
:ultolimar: Sadly never played any to completion, despite owning them all, but, I enjoyed what I got to play of 1. Sort of seems like 2 might be the perfect balance and what I've seen of 3 is just... overwhelming frankly.
:ultrob: Never played and can't see how I ever would honestly.
:ultvillager:Animal Crossing New Leaf - I'm sure there might be things about the older ones that surpass this game, but, it was just the perfect fit for my 3DS. Some of my best college memories are taking care of hungover roomates while waiting to seel my turnips.
:ultmegaman: Mega Man Legends - This is sort of nostalgia for me as well, but, I don't have a ton of Megaman experience in the first place. For example, I've never known if it's one word or not...
:ultwiifittrainer: Never "played" them, but I've actually been thinking of picking up a board somewhere.
:ultlittlemac: Super Punch Out - I only played it very recently thanks to the SNES mini and I can't believe I hadn't played these games before. Super Punch out is tons of frustrating, rewarding as hell fun.
:ultmiifighters: Wii Sports Resort - It's Wii Sports but better, what's not to like?
:ultpacman: Pac-Man - I know Ms. is more popular for some reason, but Pac-Man is one of those games that I could literally play at any time for any reason.
:ultshulk:Xenoblade Chronicles - The original just does so much that X and 2 failed to follow up on in my opinion. Still two good games in their own right, but I never finished X and if I'm honest I never really wanted to finish 2, even though I did.
:ultduckhunt: Duck Hunt - I'm sure I've played it, must've been fun.
:ultryu: Never really put a lot of time into SF games, but, SF 2 was fun to play in this one taco place my family used to go to when I was a kid.
:ultcloud:Final Fantasy VI/VII - I've said for years that VI is my favorite, but, it's been forever since I've replayed it, so, VII is fresher in my mind and I love Clouds generic ass anime design.
:ultbayonetta: Bayonetta 2 - Though 1 is way stronger in terms of it's nutty escalation of events, and that "Fly Me to the Moon" moment is one of my favorites in all of gaming, 2 just plays so much more smoothly in my opinion. Plus I prefer her design in 2.
:ultinkling:Splatoon 2 - I'm sure there are things to prefer about 1, but, I only put in about 40 hours into that one and am currently over 100 in 2.

Ultrashroomz

Smash Journeyman
:ultmario:Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
:ultdk:Donkey Kong Country
:ultlink:The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
:ultsamus:Metroid Prime (Wii version specifically)
:ultyoshi:Yoshi's Woolly World
:ultkirby:Kirby Super Star Ultra
:ultfox:Star Fox 64
:ultpikachu:Pokémon Emerald
:ultfalcon:F-Zero AX (got to try out the arcade machine at a convention, was fun as hell!)
:ulticeclimbers:I mean they only had one real game, and I didn't like it, so...
:ultmarth:Fire Emblem Awakening (only game in the series I beat, I wanna finish The Blazing Sword one day.)
:ultgnw:Game & Watch Collection
:ultpit:Kid Icarus Uprising (never beat it due to the controls, but I appreciate its writing and comedy greatly.)
:ultwario:Toss up between Wario Land 4 and WarioWare Twisted for me, I honestly can't decide.
:ultsnake:Metal Gear Solid (only one I beat, not too curious to play the other games anytime soon.)
:ultsonic:Sonic Generations
:ultolimar:Pikmin 3
:ultrob:Does Mario Kart DS count?
:ultvillager:Only played Wild World, and I didn't like it.
:ultmegaman:Mega Man X
:ultwiifittrainer:Wii Fit
:ultlittlemac:Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
:ultpacman:Pac-Man World (PS1)
:ultshulk:Xenoblade Chronicles
:ultryu:Street Fighter IV
:ultcloud:Never finished a Final Fantasy game unfortunately, would love to play through VI and maybe VII one day.
:ultbayonetta:Bayonetta 2
:ultinkling:Splatoon (without Octo Expansion, the sequel felt very forgettable IMO.)

Last edited:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
:ultmario:Super Mario Sunshine
:ultdk:Not a huge fan of any DK game.
:ultlink:The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
:ultsamus:Metroid: Zero Mission
:ultyoshi:Yoshi's Story
:ultkirby:Kirby Air Ride
:ultfox:Star Fox 64 3D
:ultpikachu:Pokémon Omega Ruby
:ultfalcon:The Mute City track in Mario Kart 8. I don't especially like F-Zero.
:ulticeclimbers:Super Smash Bros. Melee. They're not "Ice Climber" characters anymore.
:ultmarth:Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
:ultgnw:Fire
:ultpit:Kid Icarus
:ultwario:Wario Land 4
:ultsnake:Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
:ultsonic:Sonic CD
:ultolimar:Pikmin 2
:ultrob:Mario Kart DS (I'm really clever I know)
:ultvillager:Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:ultmegaman:Mega Man 2
:ultwiifittrainer:Never played Wii Fit.
:ultlittlemac:Never played Punch-Out.
:ultpacman:Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures
:ultshulk:Don't like Xenoblade.
:ultryu:Street Fighter Alpha
:ultcloud:Final Fantasy IV
:ultbayonetta:Don't like Bayonetta.
:ultinkling:Never played Splatoon.

Sayabi

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1950-8537-6804
Mario series (:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultdoc::ultrosalina:) : Super Mario Galaxy 2

Donkey Kong series (:ultdk::ultdiddy:) : Donkey Kong Country 2

Legend of Zelda series (:ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ultsheik::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink:) : The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Metroid series (:ultsamus::ultzss::ultridley:) : Metroid Prime 3

Yoshi series (:ultyoshi:) : Super Mario Galaxy 2? LOL

Kirby series (:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight:) : Kirby's Dream Land 2

Starfox series (:ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf:) : Never played ;-;

Pokemon series (:ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultmewtwo::ultpichu::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucario::ultgreninja:) : Pokemon Emerald, Silver or Leaf Green. I can't choose ;-;

Mother series (:ultness::ultlucas:) : Mother 3

F-Zero series (:ultfalcon:) : Never played

Fire Emblem series (:ultmarth::ultroy::ultike::ultlucina::ultrobin:ultcorrin:) : Fire Emblem: Awakening

Game & Watch series (:ultgnw:) : Never played

Kid Icarus series (:ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena:) : Barely played, but Kid Icarus Uprising

Wario series (:ultwario:) : Super Mario 64 DS? LOL

Metal Gear series (:ultsnake:) : Can't choose ;-;

Sonic the Hedgehog series (:ultsonic:) : Sonic Advance 3

Pikmin series (:ultolimar:) : Never played

Animal Crossing series (:ultvillager:) : Animal Crossing New Leaf

Megaman series (:ultmegaman:) : Barely played

Wii Fit series (:ultwiifittrainer:) : Never played

Punch Out!! series (:ultlittlemac:) : Never played

Mii series (:ultmiifighters:) : Tomodachi Life

Pacman series (:ultpacman:) : The original, arcade Pac-Man

Xenoblade series (:ultshulk:) : It's been a while since I need to play those but I never played them so far ;-;

Duck Hunt series (:ultduckhunt:) : Never played

Street fighter series (:ultryu:) : Street Fighter II

Final Fantasy series (:ultcloud:) : Bravely Default :^) for real though, FFXIV

Bayonetta series (:ultbayonetta:) : Never played, but when I get a Switch you bet I'll play them

Splatoon series (:ultinkling:) : Splatoon 2

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultdoc::ultrosalina:: Never really played any, but Mario Kart 8
:ultdk::ultdiddy:: DK64
:ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ultsheik::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink:: Twilight Princess, but BotW, OoT, and MM are close.
:ultsamus::ultzss::ultridley:: Never played any
:ultyoshi:: Super Mario World? Never really played any.
:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight:: Never played any
:ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf:: Never played any
:ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultmewtwo::ultpichu::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucario:: Gold
:ultness::ultlucas:: Never played any
:ultfalcon:: Never played any
:ulticeclimbers:: Never played it
:ultmarth::ultroy::ultike::ultlucina::ultrobin:ultcorrin:: Never played any
:ultgnw:: Never played any
:ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena:: Refuse to play any
:ultwario:: Never played any
:ultsnake:: Never played any
:ultsonic:: Sonic 2
:ultolimar:: Never played any
:ultrob:: Never played any
:ultvillager:: Never played any
:ultmegaman:: Never played any
:ultwiifittrainer:: Wii Sports?
:ultlittlemac:: Never played any
:ultmiifighters:: or does Wii Sports fit here?
:ultpacman:: The original
:ultshulk:: Never played any
:ultduckhunt:: Never played it
:ultryu:: Never played any
:ultcloud:: Never played any
:ultbayonetta:: Never played any
:ultinkling:: Never played any

...I'm a terrible Nintendo fan.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Mario: Sunshine (for mainline), Dream Team (for spinoffs)
Zelda: so far Twilight Princess, may change when I get a Switch and BOTW
Metroid: haven’t played any
Pokémon: not sure (haven’t played mainline in over a decade)
Kirby: so far, Return to Dreamland
Donkey Kong: haven’t played any, enjoyed watching a play through of Tropical Freeze tho
Mother/Earthbound: Mother 3
Star Fox: never played any
F-Zero: GX
Xenoblade: X (for Wii U)
Fire Emblem: Awakening (not yet played all of Fates yet, and haven’t played Echoes or Warriors yet. I’m lame I know)
Kid Icarus: Uprising (I need a switch port so badly cause the original 3DS game, while fun, murderated my circle pad)
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Splatoon: the original, cause I don’t have a Switch for 2 yet
Final Fantasy: IX, followed by VII
Sonic: Adventure 2 Battle
Street Fighter: IV Ultra
Bayonetta: haven’t played any, but have watched playthroughs
Metal Gear: Solid 3 Snake Eater
Pac-Man: the original I guess
Wario: not played any
Yoshi: Yoshi’s Island (SNES original)
Punch-Out: the 2009 Wii game
Everything else: haven’t played any games in their series (I do own Wii Fit, just haven’t played it)

Dig Dug

Chronic Lurker
If I don't mention a series, that means I never played it.

:ultmario: Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door
:ultlink: Breath of the Wild. Which I still need to get around to finishing.
:ultyoshi: Yoshi's Story.
:ultkirby: Super Star (Ultra). My favorite game of all time. As much nostalgia I have for the original, the remake is just undeniably better though.
:ultpikachu:Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky. My second favorite. I really don't care much for the main series anymore, but if I were to pick one it'd be White.
:ultness: Mother 3
:ulticeclimbers:NES Remix (This counts, right?)
:ultmarth:Radiant Dawn
:ultgnw:Game and Watch Gallery 3
:ultsnake: Snake Eater
:ultsonic: Err... I don't remember which one I played. It was one of the Genesis ones.
:ultolimar: I like them all a lot, but Pikmin 3 for me.
:ultvillager: New Leaf
:ultmiifighters:Tomodachi Life
:ultpacman: Only ever played the original
:ultshulk:Xenoblade Chronicles. Never bothered to even finish the other two.
:ultcloud:FF9 with FF6 coming in at a close second

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Mario series (:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultdoc::ultrosalina:) : Mario Kart DS

Donkey Kong series (:ultdk::ultdiddy:) : Donkey Kong 64

Legend of Zelda series (:ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ultsheik::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink:) : The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Metroid series (:ultsamus::ultzss::ultridley:) : Super Metroid (never played Prime)

Yoshi series (:ultyoshi:) : Yoshi's Story

Kirby series (:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight:) : Kirby Air Ride

Starfox series (:ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf:) : Star Fox 64

Pokemon series (:ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultmewtwo::ultpichu::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucario::ultgreninja:) : Pokemon Heart Gold (only one I played)

Mother series (:ultness::ultlucas:) : Never Played

F-Zero series (:ultfalcon:) : F-Zero X

Ice Climber series (:ulticeclimbers:) : Ice Climber

Fire Emblem series (:ultmarth::ultroy::ultike::ultlucina::ultrobin:ultcorrin:) : Fire Emblem: Awakening

Game & Watch series (:ultgnw:) : Never Played

Wario series (:ultwario:) : Never Played

Metal Gear series (:ultsnake:) : Metal Gear Solid 1

Sonic the Hedgehog series (:ultsonic:) : Sonic 1

Pikmin series (:ultolimar:) : Never Played

ROB series (:ultrob:) : Never Played

Animal Crossing series (:ultvillager:) : Animal Crossing 1

Megaman series (:ultmegaman:) : Megaman 9 (only one I played)

Wii Fit series (:ultwiifittrainer:) : Wii Fit

Punch Out!! series (:ultlittlemac:) : Punch Out 1

Mii series (:ultmiifighters:) : Wii Sports Resort

Pacman series (:ultpacman:) : Pac-Man Championship Edition

Xenoblade series (:ultshulk:) : Never Played

Duck Hunt series (:ultduckhunt:) : Never Played

Street fighter series (:ultryu:) : Street Fighter 4

Final Fantasy series (:ultcloud:) : Final Fantasy VII (only one I played)

Bayonetta series (:ultbayonetta:) : Never Played

Splatoon series (:ultinkling:) : Splatoon 1

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
:ultmario: Super Mario 3D World, SMB2, Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door, Captain Toad Treasure Tracker if that counts...Mario Sports Mix, the original Mario Tennis on the 64, as well as Mario Kart DS, Double Dash, New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Mario Maker. Phew. Too many good games...
:ultdk: Tropical Freeze
:ultlink: Wind Waker, Four Swords Adventures, Minish Cap and Hyrule Warriors (so more :ulttoonlink: than anything)
:ultsamus: Metroid Prime
:ultyoshi: Yoshi's Island DS (with all the baby mechanics)
:ultkirby: Return to Dreamland
:ultfox: I think I only played Adventures...so...err..that one by default.
:ultpikachu:Pokemon Emerald
:ultness: Earthbound. The only one we got for years and years.
:ultfalcon: F-Zero GX
:ultmarth:Awakening :ultrobin
:ultpit:The original Kid Icarus.
:ultwario:WarioWare: Smooth Moves...unless Wario's Woods count then that. freaking LOVE that puzzle game.
:ultsonic:Sonic Generations
:ultolimar:Pikmin(only one I've played so far)
:ultvillager: Wild World
:ultmiifighters:Tomodachi Life
:ultpacman:Pac-man Champion Edition DX
:ultcloud: Crystal Chronicles. No really.
:ultryu: Street Fighter 2 Turbo Revival (seriously)
:ultbayonetta: Bayonetta 1(not played 2 yet)
:ultinkling: Splatoon(again not played 2 yet)

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Here we go
Mario series (:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultdoc::ultrosalina:) : Super Mario Odyssey

Donkey Kong series (:ultdk::ultdiddy:) : Donkey Kong 64

Legend of Zelda series (:ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ultsheik::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink:) : The Legend of Zelda: WindWaker

Metroid series (:ultsamus::ultzss::ultridley:) : Super Metroid

Yoshi series (:ultyoshi:) : Super Mario World

Kirby series (:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight:) : Kirby Super Star Ultra

Starfox series (:ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf:) : Star Fox Assault

Pokemon series (:ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultmewtwo::ultpichu::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucario::ultgreninja:) : Pokemon Crystal

Mother series (:ultness::ultlucas:) : Mother 3

F-Zero series (:ultfalcon:) : F-Zero

Ice Climber series (:ulticeclimbers:) : Ice Climbers

Fire Emblem series (:ultmarth::ultroy::ultike::ultlucina::ultrobin:ultcorrin:) : Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

Game & Watch series (:ultgnw:) : Never played

Wario series (:ultwario:) : Warioland 4

Metal Gear series (:ultsnake:) : Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Sonic the Hedgehog series (:ultsonic:) : Sonic 2

Pikmin series (:ultolimar:) : Pikmin 1

Animal Crossing series (:ultvillager:) : Animal Crossing New Leaf

Megaman series (:ultmegaman:) : Megaman 3

Wii Fit series (:ultwiifittrainer:) : WiiFit U

Punch Out!! series (:ultlittlemac:) : Punch Out Ft. Mike Tyson

Mii series (:ultmiifighters:) : Tomodachi Life

Pacman series (:ultpacman:) : Pacman

Xenoblade series (:ultshulk:) : Xenoblade Chronicles

Duck Hunt series (:ultduckhunt:) : Duck Hunt

Street fighter series (:ultryu:) : Super Street Fighters II: The New Challengers

Final Fantasy series (:ultcloud:) : Final Fantasy II also known as 4

Bayonetta series (:ultbayonetta:) : Bayonetta (Never played the 2nd one yet)

Splatoon series (:ultinkling:) : Splatoon 2

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
:ultmario:: Not easy. Super Mario Odyssey might just be like the best game ever. Not even kidding. But I have a real soft spot for Super Mario World and Sunshine. Any of those three do it for me.
:ultlink:: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. This game really resonates with me. The gameplay feels really tight. The dungeons are incredibly fun and creative. There’s plenty of freedom and exploration. Love it. Majora’s Mask and Wind Waker are up there for me as well. And I own Breath of the Wild, but have yet to really get into it.
:ultpikachu:: Pokèmon Heartgold. No question for me.
:ultkirby:: Toughy. Probably Super Star Ultra. Air Ride, Return to Dreamland, and Crystal Shards are gems, too.
:ultdk:: Any of the DKC games really. My personal favorite is probably the original quite honestly.
:ultsamus:: Super Metroid. Not too big on this series. But that was one of the few games that I really enjoyed.
:ultfox:: Star Fox 64. I have this game on N64, Wii Virtual Console, and 3ds. The only other game that I’ve purchased on that many platforms is Skyrim...
:ultyoshi:: Yoshi’s Island.
:ultfalcon:: F-Zero GX. Such a strong entry to the series, it’s crazy to think they haven’t released a console F-Zero since.
:ultness:: Mother 3. Always.
:ultmarth:: Fire Emblem: Awakening. My first FE game and still my favorite to this day. Beautiful.
:ultwario:: Wario Ware Mega Microgame$. Wario World and Wario Land 4 are favorites of mine as well.
:ultolimar:: Pikmin 2. The whole trilogy is perfection really.
:ultpit:: Kid Icarus Uprising. Along with Awakening, probably my favorite game on the 3ds. Very ambitious, and jam packed with content.
:ultlittlemac:: Punch-Out!! Wii. So much personality in this game. Every fight is different from the last and offers a completely unique challenge. Really leaves me wanting a new Punch-Out on the Switch.
:ultshulk:: X. I couldn’t really get into any of the Xenoblade games. This one kept me interesting for the longest though, lol.
:ultvillager:: Animal Crossing New Leaf. Kept me occupied for a good month. Haven’t played it since but really enjoyed my time with it.
:ultmiifighters:: Mii Maker. It counts.
:ultinkling:: Splatoon 2. Would’ve been the original, but after finishing Octo Expansion...damn.
:ultsnake:: MGSV. Wow. A goddamn masterpiece. I’m currently playing through it and cannot put it down.
:ultsonic:: Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. Fight me.
:ultpacman:: Pac-Man World 2. Or just good ol Pac-Man. Very different games so it’s hard to say lol.
:ultryu:: Third Strike. Crisp s***. This is favorite of quite a few of my friends.
:ultmegaman:: Mega Man 7
:ultcloud:: FFVI
:ultbayonetta:: Bayonetta 2
:ultsimon:: Castlevania: Dracula X. I always preffered the classic, more linear Castlevania style, rather than the Metroid style. And I feel like this one really nailed it. I know that Rondo of Blood is supposed to be better in every way, but I haven’t had a chance to play it yet.
:ultgnw::ultduckhunt::ulticeclimbers::ultrob:: Not much to say about any of these. I guess I’ll use this to say that my favorite NES game is probably Balloon Fight.

Edit: Added Castlevania to the list.

Last edited:

AIM0001

Smash Lord
:ultdiddy::ultdk:Donkey Kong Country 2
:ultyounglink: LOZ: Link To The Past
:ultkirby: Kirby Super Star
:ultmegaman: Mega Man 9
:ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf: Star Fox 64
:ultmario: Super Mario World/Paper Mario TTYD
:ultluigi: Luigi’s Mansion
:ultyoshi: Yoshis Island
:ultwario: Wario Ware Inc.
:ultpikachu: Pokémon Gold
:ultsonic: Sonic Mania/Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
:ultsamus: Metroid Fushion
:ultpacman:Ms. PAC-Man/Pac-Man World 2

Last edited:

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
:ultmario: Mario 64
:ultlink: Breath of the Wild
:ultpikachu: Heart Gold and Soul Silver
:ultmarth: Fire Emblem Awakening
:ultsnake: Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake
:ultsonic: Sonic Adventure 2
:ultshulk: Xenoblade 1
:ultryu: Street Fighter IV
:ultcloud: Final Fantasy XIV
:ultbayonetta: Bayonetta 2
:ultinkling: Splatoon 2

Only counting series that I have played more then 1 installment of for a good amount of time and already a fan of.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
:ultmario:Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
:ultlink:The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
:ultsamus:Metroid: Zero Mission (currently playing through Metroid 2 remake for 3DS tho)
:ultyoshi:Yoshi's Island SNES
:ultkirby:Kirby's Return to Dreamland GBA
:ultfox:StarFox Adventures
:ultpikachu:Pokemon Colloseum
:ultfalcon:Only played the GBA version for a short time, didn't like it's controls
:ulticeclimbers:Never played their one game, not much interesst either
:ultmarth:Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance / Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
:ultgnw:Does Donkey Kong Country Returns count? If not.. then nothing
:ultwario: Wario Ware Smooth Moves. That one for Wii.
:ultsnake:Metal Gear is actually a franchise I'd love to play. Is Snake Eater 3DS anything good?
:ultsonic:I dislike the character and franchise. Played a little on the first GBA game though.
:ultolimar:Never played Pikmin
:ultrob:Mario Kart DS of course
:ultvillager: Played the DS version. Felt kinda boring, sorry.
:ultmegaman:Played nothing but might one day
:ultwiifittrainer:A regular gym is better excercise
:ultlittlemac:Never played any Punch Out game
:ultpacman:Never played yet again lol
:ultshulk:Shamefully never played a game.. can't imagine getting into the franchise when missing out on the first game either
:ultduckhunt:I also never played Duck Hunt! :D
:ultryu: That random PlayStation Street Fighter game.. seriously they all play alike. It's fun to play them however.
:ultcloud:I played a little Final Fantasy 1, but got bored. The FF7 remake could be a thing if it comes for Switch tho.
:ultbayonetta:Never played a game, but am willing to. The second game comes with a download code for the first so...
:ultinkling:Never played Splatoon

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
:ultmario: Super Mario Sunshine.
:ultdk: Donkey Kong Country 1.
:ultyounglink: Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.
:ultsamus: TBP. (To be played)
:ultyoshi: Yoshi's Story.
:ultkirby: TBP.
:ultfox: StarFox: Lylat Wars 64.
:ultpichu: Pokémon: Heart Gold. (Gold was my first, the update looks better)
:ultness: TBP.
:ultfalcon: F-Zero GX. (One of the best games I've ever played)
:ulticeclimbers: TBP.
:ultmarth: TBP.
:ultgnw: Game & Watch: Some Gallery on GBA.
:ultpit: TBP.
:ultwario: WarioWare Smooth Moves.
:ultsnake: TBP.
:ultsonic: Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.
:ultolimar: Pikmin 1.
:ultrob: TBP.
:ultvillager: Animal Crossing New Leaf. (Love this game)
:ultmegaman: TBP.
:ultwiifittrainer: Wii Fit 1?
:ultlittlemac: TBP.
:ultmiifighters: Wandering Heroes?
:ultpacman: Pacman World 3 or the Arcade.
:ultshulk: TBP.
:ultduckhunt: Duck Hunt lol.
:ultryu: Street Fighter Alpha 3.
:ultcloud: TBP.
:ultbayonetta: TBP.
:ultinkling: Splatoon 1. (Only game I've tried)

Last edited:

Yarael-BJ-Poof

Smash Cadet
:ultmario: Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, New Super Mario Bros.
:ultyoshi: Yoshi's Wooly World
:ultwario: Wario Land 2
:ultgnw: (haven't played any)
:ultdk: Donkey Kong Country 1, 2, 3
:ultlink: Twilight Princess, A Link Between Worlds, Breath of the Wild
:ultsamus: Metroid Prime 1 & 2
:ultpit: Uprising
:ultike: Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn
:ultkirby: Kirby 64, Nightmare in Dream Land
:ultlittlemac: Punch-Out (NES)
:ultfox: Star Fox 2, Star Fox 64
:ultpikachu: (don't really care about Pokémon)
:ultduckhunt: (haven't played Duck Hunt)
:ultrob: (haven't played Gyromite or Stack-Up)
:ultlucas: Mother 3
:ultfalcon: F-Zero X, F-Zero AX
:ultvillager: (haven't played Animal Crossing)
:ultolimar: Pikmin 3
:ultwiifittrainer: Wii Fit Plus
:ultshulk: Xenoblade Chronicles
:ultpacman: Pac-Man (arcade)
:ultmegaman: Mega Man 2, 6, 7, 9, Megaman X1, X2, X4, Mega man Star Force 3
:ultsonic: Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Colors, Shadow the Hedgehog
:ultryu: Street Fighter II, Street Fighter IV
:ultcloud: (haven't played FF7)
:ultbayonetta: (EFFING. NO.)
:ultmiifighters: Wii Sports Resort, Wii Play Motion
:ultinkling: Splatoon 1 & 2
:ultsnake: (haven't played any)
:ulticeclimbers: Ice Climber (duh)

Last edited:

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
(I'm omitting series I've never played btw)
:ultmario: - Mario 64 (Still haven't played Odyssey) , and if I can count spin offs: Mario Kart 8
:ultdk: - Donkey Kong Country
:ultyounglink: - Link Between Worlds and Twilight Princess are tied for me.
:ultsamus: - Zero Mission (still working on Samus Returns though)
:ultyoshi: - Yoshi's Story
:ultkirby: - Kirby Super Star Ultra
:ultfox: - Star Fox 64, only for nostalgia honestly.
:ultpokemontrainer: - Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver ( I mean you do fight him, after all.)
:ultlucina: - Tied between Awakening and Shadows of Valentia (also never got around to wrapping up the Radiant duology, so I'm not counting them.)
:ultpit: - Kid Icarus: Uprising, one of the games that I'd love to be ported to the Switch or get a sequel.
:ultlittlemac: - Punch Out! Wii, such a fun game to play through.
:ultduckhunt: - Duck Hunt obviously
:ultvillager: - Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:ultmiifighters: - Wii Sports Resort or Tomodachi Life
:ultsnake: - Phantom Pain
:ultsonic: - Sonic Mania
:ultmegaman: - Mega Man X
:ultpacman: - Pac Man World 2
:ultcloud: - Final Fantasy: Tactics or FF:VII

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
:ultsnake:Metal Gear is actually a franchise I'd love to play. Is Snake Eater 3DS anything good?
I've really enjoyed the 3DS version. Lower resolution and framerate though (for obvious reasons it was originally on the ps2 afterall) but it doesn't stutter or drop. There's a demo of it on the eshop if you liked to try the controls yourself. Plus, its spoiler free due to the demo literally being the beginning of the game.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
:ultmario:- 3D World, Odyssey, and World
:ultluigi:- Luigi’s Mansion
:ultdoc:- the first
:ultlink::ulttoonlink:- BOTW and Wind Waker
:ultsamus:- MP4 and Zero Mission
:ultdk:- DKC
:ultfox:- 64
:ultpit:- Uprising
:ultsonic:- Generations, Sonic 2, Adventures 2 and 06 (for the memes)
:ultvillager:- New Leaf
:ultwiifittrainer:- Wii Fit
:ultyoshi:- not sure
:ultpacman:- og
:ultbayonetta:- Bayo 2
:ultduckhunt:- og
:ultryu:- Super 2 and MvC
:ulticeclimbers:- only one
:ultinkling:- 2
:ultkirby:- Amazing Mirror
:ultlittlemac:- Wii
:ultpikachu::ultfalcon::ultmegaman::ultness::ultolimar::ultsnake::ultcloud:- never touched or was even near done with

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
Snake Eater for 3DS is a solid port of MGS3, there change up the controls to make things like interrogation much easier and added an over the shoulder option for aiming and you can control the camera with the c stick on the new 3DS. But the frame rate is often sub 30 FPS as oppose to the PS3 and 360 ports of MGS3 which is 60FPS.

As a whole MGS3 I say is a good entry point since its a prequel to the whole series taking place in the 60's and while there are some nods and set ups for future games in the series it does have the easiest (and arguably best) story in the franchise to follow and understand.

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
Mario series: SM64... so much nostalgia, first game i ever 100%'d... although odyssey is just as good... love mario games all around. PD only a few mario gamers (I included) can say "ive beaten champions road" or "ive beaten darkest side" well darkest side was wayyyy easier

Donkey Kong series... DK64, almost 100%d it, rare game's prime

Legend of Zelda series... ALL... all 3d zelda games are amazing, favorite is OOT, first played ever was link's awakening (my first videogame ever)

Metroid series... Metroid Prime... amazing all around

Yoshi series... Yoshi's story, 100%d it, and loved the white and black secret yoshis

Kirby series ... kirby the crystal shards... had so much fun with this game and transformations, i regret not 100%ing it a ton...

Starfox series... never had 64, so starfox adventure, was an all around amazing game, loved krystal as a character

Pokemon series ... red, and gold, and stadium... completed pokedex on red, beat gold on a japanese version earlier to original release... my grandpa only knew i liked videogames and he got me that game not knowing it was in japanese, yet i managed to beat it and catch ho oh when i was like 10, he passed away shortly after

Mother series ... never played

F-Zero series ... f zero gx... infinitely better than mario kart, love this franchise, i was 1 master cup from unlocking the AX cup... regrets..... The Skull #16 FTW

Ice Climber series ... the smash demo or target test minigame counts lmao?

Fire Emblem series .. never played, they have a special place in my heart though since marth was my first competitive main ever (melee)

Game & Watch series... never played

Kid Icarus series ... np

Wario series ... ugh some wario gameboy game... not truely remarkable or anything, was too easy to beat and to forget

Metal Gear series ... np

Sonic the Hedgehog series ... SA2B on GC... this game had SOOOO much replay value, nearly 100%ed it, and played a lot with friends, brothers, and spent a millenium training chaos

Pikmin series .. pikmin 1... hated it as a kid, never beat it, never played it again... think olimar is an annoying smash character

ROB series ... np

Animal Crossing series ... np

Megaman series ... np

Wii Fit series... np

Punch Out!! series ... np

Mii series... ive always hated miis

Pacman series ... some pacman gamecube platformer... maybe pacman world 2, was so much fun

Xenoblade series... ALL... havent even played shulk's game and i know i have to, my favorite new nintendo franchise by far... its strongest point is always the story... such inmersive worlds to explore

Duck Hunt series... hated this game always

Street fighter series... loved these on arcades, no specific one, oh and saw a few chapters of some anime as a kid

Final Fantasy series... never played, i want to so badly... i know im missing out on so much

Bayonetta series ... both, 1 had cooler bosses, 2 had batter gameplay, 1 had a darker story/mood (i like that)... enjoyed both a ton

Splatoon series... ugh, splatoon 2, i cant manage to find where to progress on the game, stuck on the tutorial, dont really pay much attention, not a huge fan of shooters... might not even bother with it... the character looks D0pe though

Last edited:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
:ultmario:Super Mario Galaxy (haven't played Odyssey yet)
:ultluigi:Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
:ultcloud:FF6
:ultkirby: Kirby's Adventure
:ultlink: A Link to the Past
:ultness: :ultlucas:Mother 3
:ultpikachu:Pokemon BW2
:ultyoshi: SMW2: Yoshi's Island

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
What a great idea for a thread.

:ultmario: - Toss up between Galaxy 2 and Odyssey. Super Paper Mario also gets an honerable mention because I adore that game.

:ultluigi: - I like both of Luigi’s games equally.

:ultkirby: - Kirby’s Return to Dream Land. Crystal Shards, Squeak Squad and Planet Robobot were all amazing as well.

:ultlink: - Twilight Princess, even though I acknowledge that Breath of the Wild is the better game. Link Between Worlds also deserves mention.

:ultfox: - Star Fox Assault.

:ultsonic: - I don’t know, probably Sonic Mania. It’s been so long since Sonic was consistently good. I’ll admit that Sonic 2006 brought me way more amusement than it probably should have, though.

:ultsnake: - Favorite Metal Gear game is Metal Gear Rising. My favorite Metal Gear Solid game is Guns of the Patriots.

:ultsamus: - Don’t have one. A lot of Metroid games are great.

:ultryu: - Street Fighter Alpha 2, Street Fighter IV, and Street Fighter V are all great.

:ultmegaman: - Mega Man 2, 3, 9, and 10 are all equally great games, and X3 is my favorite X game.

:ultlittlemac: - Punch-Out!! for the Wii.

:4miibrawl: - My favorite Smash game is Brawl, though I suspect Ultimate may change that.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Will only list series I've played at least a dozen of games from, I've played games from almost every franchise that's in Smash, but there's no point in listing ones where I've only played one or two from.

:ultmario: - Super Mario Galaxy, it really nails the feeling of wonder and amazement.
:ultdk: - Tropical Freeze, top tier level design.
:ultlink: - Majora's Mask, nails the feeling of impending doom, and the way they designed the world around the time travelling mechanic is superb.
:ultsamus: - Super Metroid, just an unbelievably well designed game from start to end, so incredibly far ahead of its time.
:ultyoshi: - Yoshi's Island, and quite easily too.
:ultkirby: - Kirby Super Star Ultra, the original is already the classic Kirby game, and the remake only made it bigger and better.
:ultpikachu: - Pokémon Red, with the full acknowledgement that it's because of nostalgia. If we don't count that then Pokémon White.
:ultness: - Earthbound, my favorite video game ever, just so incredibly unique.
:ultfalcon: - F-Zero X, it just feels amazing, that sweetspot in between the original and GX's speed is just right.
:ultmarth: - Path of Radiance, fantastic characters, story and world.
:ultwario: - Wario Land 2, love the concept of having so many different paths to go through.
:ultsonic: - Sonic the Hedgehog 2, strong platformer with a fantastic soundtrack.
:ultmegaman: - Mega Man 2, the NES at its absolute best, lost count of how many times I've completed this game long ago.
:ultryu: - Street Fighter IV, strong core mechanics, felt like a proper modernization of the series.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
:ultmario: - Super Mario 64
:ultdk: - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
:ultlink: - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
:ultyoshi: - Yoshi's Island
:ultkirby: - Kirby Super Star Ultra
:ultpikachu: - Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver
:ultfalcon: - F-Zero X
:ultmarth: - Fire Emblem Awakening
:ultpit: - Kid Icarus: Uprising
:ultsnake: - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
:ultsonic: - Chao World Sonic Adventure 2
:ultvillager: - Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:ultpacman: - Arcade
:ultshulk: - Xenoblade Chronicles 2
:ultcloud: - Final Fantasy IV
:ultinkling: - Splatoon 2

Any franchise purposely not listed is because I never touched their games.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Omitting any series that I haven't played because I don't have the time, money or patience to go anywhere near Gyromite.
Or because the only game(s) I've played of the series were... ugh.

Mario (:ultmario::ultdoc::ultluigi::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultrosalina:): Odyssey, although Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is also pretty darn good.
Zelda (:ultzelda::ultlink::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink::ultganondorf::ultsheik:): A Link Between Worlds, or Hyrule Warriors if we're counting spin-offs.
Pokemon (:ultpokemontrainer::ultpikachu::ultpichu::ultjigglypuff::ultmewtwo::ultlucario::ultgreninja:): Toss-up between Platinum or X/Y. X/Y is the pinnacle of the games in terms of UI and Features, wheras Platinum is the most nostalgic of the games for me (even though I started with Gen 1 at around the time of Gen 3).
Kirby (:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight:): Robobot, or Epic Yarn if we're counting spin-offs. Those are the only two I've played, so they win by default.
Metroid (:ultzss::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultridley:): I've only played Super Metroid, Fusion, and Prime 3, and have beaten none of them. I should probably get around to playing those at some point.
Animal Crossing (:ultvillager::ultisabelle:): I've only ever played City Folk. It was alright, I guess.
Wii (:ultmiifighters::ultwiifittrainer:): The Tanks! mini-game of WiiPlay.
Fire Emblem (:ultmarth::ultlucina::ultroy::ultchrom::ultike::ultrobin:ultcorrin:): Fire Emblem Warriors. I've never actually played a legitimate Fire Emblem game because permadeath scares me, and there's no option to marry Tharja and Camilla as a female. I mean there's Rhajat, but I want the real Tharja, darn it!
Kid Icarus (:ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena:): Uprising was alright, and it wins by virtue of being the only Kid Icarus game I've played.
Splatoon (:ultinkling:): Having played both games, I would say Splatoon 2 edges out the first game by a slight margin, if only because it added the salmon run.
Metal Gear Solid (:ultsnake:): Tied between MGS2, MGS3, and Rising.
Sonic the Hedgehog (:ultsonic:): Sonic Adventure 1. Not the DX Port, which was my childhood and therefore a mistake.
Street Fighter (:ultryu:): I've only played a bit of USF4, and I haven't found a main yet. I'll get back to you when I've come to a conclusion.

Last edited:

Nameless Kot

Smash Apprentice
:ultmario: - Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door but Mario Strikers Charged is a close second.
:ultsamus: - The first 2 Metroid Primes marked my videogame childhood, but Metroid Prime 2 Echoes wins because I found the atmosphere more sinister and pretty more difficult
:ultlink: - I would say Ocarina of Time (I watched my cousins play it all the time and then had the chance to play it when I was older) even if Twlight Princess was my own first Zelda game
:ultdk: - Donkey Kong Country 2 (for GBA) hands down.
:ultyoshi: - Yoshi's Island DS
:ultkirby: - Kirby Crystal Shards 64
:ultfox: - StarFox Adventures
I actually really liked this game, I was young and didn't see all the cringy parts until later, but overall I enjoyed it and always had a good sensation playing it and c'mon the Dinousaur bosses were scary and badass asf.
:ultpikachu:- Pokemon Emerald Pokemon Ruby was the first pokemon I played but Emerald just put together Ruby and Sapphire into a great game. I also flipped when I discovered there were some 2nd generation pokemon in the game like sudowoodo, gligar and dunsparce).
:ultbayonetta: - I just played Bayonetta 1 but meh
:ultness: - Earthbound / Mother I love the idea of kids facing an universal dark entity reminiscent of Azathoth and the wtf enemies and NPC's you encounter throughout your journey.
:ultolimar: - Pikmin 1, along with Luigi's mansion, was my first nintendo gamecube game and I had to really adapt to play a game so different that what I was used to (platformers like banjo tooie and Donald duck goin' quackers PS1). Making Pikmin go extinct in my second day was traumatizing tho.
:ultpacman: - I just played it in arcades so Normal Pac-Man?
:ultsonic: - Sonic Adventure 2 Battle one of my favorite games ever, I loved the story, the music and playing races with my friends.
:ultwario: - WarioLand 4 (GBA)
:ultmiifighters: - WiiSports

culumon

Smash Apprentice
:ultmario: - God, he encapsulates so many different genres and he's so damn good at all of 'em it's hard to pick one. Whatever. I'll cheat. 2D platformer: World. 3D platformer: Galaxy 2. RPG: Thousand-Year Door. Kart: 8. There.
:ultdk:- I'd need to give the whole series another go around to judge partially, but Country is the one I have the fondest memories of, even if I think it's comparatively one of the less interesting games. Once I beat Tropical Freeze on Switch that will probably be firmly in first place though. On World 4 and dear god this game owns
:ultlink: - Wind Waker.
:ultsamus: - Metroid Fusion.
:ultyoshi: - Yoshi's Island. No contest.
:ultkirby: - Return to Dream Land.
:ultfox: - 64.
:ultpikachu: - Black and Heart Gold are neck and neck.
:ultness: - God, this is hard. I prefer the atmosphere of EarthBound - you really feel like a tiny kid adrift in a world much bigger than yourself, taking the nonsense and madness in your stride. The way it makes even the most mundane urban environments grandiose is a feat I feel precious few games manage. MOTHER 3 on the other hand feels a bit more insular, and I think there's something less magical about the way it feels compelled to actively explain the weirdness of its world more than its predecessor. On the other hand... I adore what it has to say about grief, and capitalism, and storytelling, and the ways in which we cope with the crippling loneliness deep in all of our hearts, and god the ending makes me a blubbering mess every single time. Uh... flip a coin. That'll work.
:ultfalcon: - GX is the better game, but I like X's aesthetic more and I put way more time into it, so based solely on preference... X.
:ulticeclimbers: - Uh...
:ultgnw: - Gallery 2.
:ultpit: - Uprising.
:ultwario: - WarioWare Twisted.
:ultsnake: - 2: Sons of Liberty.
:ultsonic: - Generations kind of falls off in the second half but god is its first half my platonic ideal of what I want Sonic to be as a series, so that.
:ultolimar: - Again, need to revisit, but I have the fondest memories of 2. I know it lacks the looming tension of 1 and 3, but I actually liked the dungeon crawling, and purple Pikmin are best Pikmin don't @ me.
:ultrob: - UH........
:ultvillager: - New Leaf.
:ultmegaman: - X.
:ultwiifittrainer: - Plus.
:ultlittlemac: - The Wii one.
:ultmiifighters: - Wii Sports.
:ultpacman: - Ms. Pac-Man.
:ultshulk: - I'll get back to you when I've played X and 2.
:ultduckhunt: - UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
:ultryu: - Third Strike.
:ultcloud: - IX.
:ultbayonetta: - I'll get back to you when I've played 2.
:ultinkling: - I'll get back to you when I've played 2.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
:ultmario: - Probably Bowser's Inside Story.
:ultdk: - Donkey Kong '94 for the Game Boy. The first game I've ever owned.
:ultlink: - Oracle of Ages, highly underrated game.
:ultsamus: - Never owned any Metroid games, but I played Prime together with a friend back in the day.
:ultyoshi: - Probably just SMW2: Yoshi's Island. Not too big on his games, but anything is better than Yoshi's Kazoo Hell.
:ultkirby: - Planet Robobot.
:ultfox: - Is there really an answer other than Star Fox 64? I wish there was.
:ultpikachu: - Either PMD: Explorers of Time or XD: Gale of Darkness.
:ultfalcon: - Never played.
:ultness: - MOTHER3. Favorite game of all time.
:ulticeclimbers: - Never played.
:ultmarth: - Never played. Aesthetically unappealing to me.
:ultgnw: - I think I had some G&W collection for the Game Boy? Not sure which one it was, but it was alright.
:ultpit: - Never played. I am in hate with the writing and charaterizations of Uprising though, so I doubt I'll ever play anything in this series.
:ultwario: - Wario Land 4.
:ultsnake: - Never played.
:ultsonic: - Sonic 3 & Knuckles.
:ultolimar: - Never played, but as a biology enthusiast, I'm interested to look into this series some day in the future.
:ultrob: - Never played.
:ultvillager: - Never played.
:ultmegaman: - Mega Man ZX Advent.
:ultmiifighters: - The Mii Creator. It's fun to make dumb characters.
:ultpacman: - I played the original at some place once. The setup was neat, since the TV was built into a table and you'd look down on it from above. Not really into the series tho.
:ultshulk: - Never played. Considering the EVERYTHING about XC2, I don't think I ever want to grace those devs with money.
:ultduckhunt: - Never played.
:ultryu: - Never played.
:ultcloud: - Final Fantasy VI and Final Fantasy IX.
:ultbayonetta: - Never played.
:ultinkling: - Splatoon 2 + Octo Expansion. Again, as a biology enthusiast this series is a gift! Such a fantastic example of creatives not being afraid of going too far! There ought to be more games about invertebrates, I never thought I'd see the day that the Ping Pong Tree Sponge and Predatory Tunicates were referenced in any form of media!

Last edited:

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
:ultmario: - Super Mario Sunshine because it was my childhood
:ultdk: - Haven't Played
:ultlink: - Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess or Wind Waker. Tough choice but Twilight Princess is probably my fave
:ultsamus: - Metroid Prime 1 (haven't played the other Metroid Prime Games)
:ultyoshi: - Haven't Played
:ultkirby: - Kirby Air Ride
:ultfox: - Star Fox Assault is the only one I have played
:ultpikachu: - Pokemon X, I love that game
:ultfalcon: - F-Zero G
:ultness: - Never played.
:ulticeclimbers: - Ice Climber, There is only one possible option
:ultmarth: - Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn for me
:ultgnw: - Haven't Played
:ultpit: - Kid Icarus Uprising - Haven't gotten too far
:ultwario: - Haven't Played
:ultsnake: - Haven't played
:ultsonic: - Sonic Heroes
:ultolimar: - Pikmin 1 or 2
:ultrob: - Haven't Played
:ultvillager: - Animal Crossing City Folk
:ultmegaman: - Never played too extensively to have a fave
:ultwiifittrainer: - Wii Fit
:ultlittlemac: - Haven't Played
:ultmiifighters: - probably Miitopia, idk I am not the world's biggest "Mii" Fan
:ultpacman: - Pac-Man World 2
:ultshulk: - Haven't Played
:ultduckhunt: - Haven't Played
:ultryu: - Haven't Played
:ultcloud: - Final Fantasy XIII (that is why I want Lightning in Smash)
:ultbayonetta: - Haven't Played
:ultinkling: - Haven't Played

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
:ultcloud: - Final Fantasy IX
:ultkirby: - Kirby & the Amazing Mirror
:ultlink: - The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
:ultmario: - Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
:ultmarth: - Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
:ultmegaman: - Megaman Legends 2
:ultness: - Earthbound
:ultpacman: - Pac Man World
:ultshulk: - Never played a Xenoblade game. Otherwise if ALL Xeno games count in this case, then my favorite is Xenosaga 3.
:ultsonic: - Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
:ultyoshi: - Yoshi's Story

Edit: I removed :ultdk::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultryu: because I only played one game from their series. One game from each series doesn't actually count as favorites. One of them I've stopped being a fan of years ago. And if I'm missing the rest, I never played any game of their series and don't have any interest to plan on doing anyway.

Last edited:

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
:ultmario: - Super Mario Sunshine
:ultdk: - Donkey Kong Country Returns
:ultlink: - Majora’s Mask
:ultsamus: - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
:ultyoshi: - Yoshi’s Story
:ultkirby: - Kirby Triple Deluxe
:ultpikachu: - Never finished one, guess i’ll go with Pokemon Stadium
:ultfalcon: - F-Zero GX
:ultness: - Mother 3
:ulticeclimbers: - Ice Climber, what do you expect? (wasn’t there a Wii VC remake though, i don’t remember)
:ultmarth: - Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword
:ultgnw: - Haven't Played
:ultpit: - Kid Icarus Uprising (didn’t like it that much tbh)
:ultwario: - Wario Land 2
:ultsnake: - Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
:ultsonic: - Sonic Adventure
:ultrob: - Haven't Played
:ultvillager: - Haven’t Played
:ultmegaman: - Megaman Zero 1-4 (i count them as one because you have to play all to get the full experience)
:ultwiifittrainer: - Never Played
:ultlittlemac: - Punch Out Wii
:ultmiifighters: - Just creating them is very fun
:ultpacman: - Ms. Pac-Man Maze Madness (try this out, i consider it a hidden gem)
:ultshulk: - Xenoblade Chronicles
:ultduckhunt: - Haven't Played
:ultryu: - Capcom vs. SNK 2
:ultcloud: - Final Fantasy IX
:ultbayonetta: - Haven't Played
:ultinkling: - Haven't Played

This thread makes me realize Smashboards need series logos “emoticons”

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I love threads like this

Mario series (:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultdoc::ultrosalina:) : Odyssey. Took me some time to come to terms with it, but... It's just so good. I just never thought 64 would get usurped.

Donkey Kong series (:ultdk::ultdiddy:) : DKC1. I have hella nostalgia and like it the best for some reason.

Legend of Zelda series (:ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ultsheik::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink:) : The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. I'm not a big fan of Zelda in general, and the only one that I have beaten personally is Minish Cap, but I always appreciated that Majora's Mask shook up the formula.

Metroid series (:ultsamus::ultzss::ultridley:) : Super Metroid. I have more of an outside-looking-in view of Metroid, though I've played a few of them. I really liked Zero Mission too, but Super Metroid has one of the best OSTs of all time so it takes the cake.

Yoshi series (:ultyoshi:) : Yoshi's Story. I know, gameplay-wise it isn't as "good" as Yoshi's Island, but it also isn't as "needlessly freaking long" as Yoshi's Island either. Lots of replayability in this one with the different levels and Yoshi colors to unlock, plus a heaping pile of nostalgia.

Kirby series (:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight:) : Kirby Air Ride. I don't know if a spinoff counts. But it's easily the one I like the best. Also enjoyed Amazing Mirror and Star Allies.

Starfox series (:ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf:) : Never played them. Am most interested in Starfox Command, but can't say any are my favorite.

Pokemon series (:ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultmewtwo::ultpichu::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucario::ultgreninja:) : Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. I've been playing since I was a kid with Blue version and, aside from a dip in quality with Gen 5, I in general think each generation is better than the last. Now, I love Sun and Moon, but I've found that I'm far more fun to replay through the remakes of Ruby and Sapphire- I feel like they're the most complete feeling games in the franchise. So much extra stuff I enjoy doing in those. HGSS is a close second, for similar reasons.

Mother series (:ultness::ultlucas:) : Mother 3. It's just a dope game overall, with some flaws.

F-Zero series (:ultfalcon:) : Never played these

Fire Emblem series (:ultmarth::ultroy::ultike::ultlucina::ultrobin:ultcorrin:) : Awakening is my favorite game of all time. The puppet mastery of the child units and all that is one of my favorite mechanics I've ever seen in a game, and Awakening gets almost everything just right. Fates does a good job too, but I generally like most of the characters less overall so it holds less appeal to me.

Game & Watch series (:ultgnw:) : I know I had one of the gallery games on, I want to say GBA? It was fun but I can't really say I have a "favorite"

Kid Icarus series (:ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena:) : Kid Icarus Uprising. Despite its terrible controls, that game has more heart and soul put into it than I expected. What a humorous and emotional journey.

Wario series (:ultwario:) : Warioware Touched. Mostly just because the only Warioware games I put substantial time into were Touched and Smooth Moves, and Smooth Moves always felt like it didn't offer enough content for the price back when I got it on Wii. Not that it was bad, but I put a lot more time into Touched.

Metal Gear series (:ultsnake:) : Never played, though I have significant interest in playing Revengeance.

Sonic the Hedgehog series (:ultsonic:) : Sonic Adventure 2 Battle by miles. The only Sonic games I ever played a TON of are SA2, Sonic Heroes and Sonic Advance 1. The others never really pulled me in much

Pikmin series (:ultolimar:) : I guess Pikmin 1? It's the only one I ever touched but I didn't even like it much

Animal Crossing series (:ultvillager:) : Animal Crossing on Gamecube. I know it's not got as many features as New Leaf, but I do think it's at least a better game than Wild World and City Folk. Whenever I play an AC game, I feel like I lose interest a lot faster than I ever did with the OG release. I think a lot of it has to do with being able to ask villagers for stuff to do. Whoever decided to remove that feature killed the series for two games, I think. New Leaf has a lot of extra stuff to do and being mayor is dope, so I played that one a lot too. But the Gamecube one is my definite favorite one. New Leaf's Amiibo update really gave it a run for its money though, getting to choose who I brought in to live in my town was a HUGE boon. Maybe I'll call them tied.

Megaman series (:ultmegaman:) : Megaman X, I guess. I never held interest in Megaman but I watched a playthrough of X and enjoyed the charm it had.

Wii Fit series (:ultwiifittrainer:) : OG. But the balance board is ass. The running w/ wiimote in pocket through Wuhu Island was the best part

Punch Out!! series (:ultlittlemac:) : Never played

Mii series (:ultmiifighters:) : Tomodachi Life. Not for my own personal playing but Vineland Island is one of the best LP's I've ever seen.

Pacman series (:ultpacman:) : None

Xenoblade series (:ultshulk:) : Xenoblade Chronicles. Never sat through X yet, but overall I prefer the characters/plot of 1 over 2. 2's a lot prettier tho

Duck Hunt series (:ultduckhunt:) : Duck Hunt lol

Street fighter series (:ultryu:) : I would have to say 2? I guess? Never cared much but did play at a friends house when I was a kid and got decent with Blanka

Final Fantasy series (:ultcloud:) : Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, which barely beats out Tactics A2. Traditional FF games are my worst genre but Tactics Advance was my first Tactical RPG and I adore it. Never played the first Tactics because I never had a PS1 or PSP and emulation of those is bad

Bayonetta series (:ultbayonetta:) : None, I really hated Bayonetta 1 and never touched 2

Splatoon series (:ultinkling:) : Splatoon 2, even though I haven't played it when I did play 1. But Marina best girl so by default it's better

Top Bottom