• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your favorite Nintendo character (not in the game) gets in Smash Ultimate, at the cost of your favorite character (in the game) being removed

FFF555

Smash Rookie
Which two characters are they and would you accept?

Edit: Changed the title a bit because of all the "X character gets removed and added back in" posts

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Bomberman gets in, but Ness gets cut.

Are you kidding me?!?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Shulk is put on the chopping block so Elma can get in

Oof...

evildevil97

Smash Apprentice
NNID
evildevil97
Do we really need a second Little Mac, at the expense of Pac-Man?

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Link from Zelda 1 replaces BOTW Link.
Honestly, I can live with that... if it were up to me, Classic Link would have been a Toon Link skin, or young Link Echo.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I dunno guys, as much as I like Ridley, I’m not sure if I want to have him replaced with Ridley.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Yoshi for Toad, eh...?

...I guess I could handle it for one game? As much as I love Yoshi, I've still got five other Smash games to play him in. Not ideal as my username is YoshiANDToad not YoshiORToad.

Reminds me of the Super Mario Bros. Super Show when Yoshi replaced Toad as the fourth lead.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Diddy for Waluigi, ok.
No no no no no no no no no no no no NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

THIS IS NOT OKAY! Not even in the slightest!

In my case, Diddy Kong for King K.Rool, which am happy is not a reality. Diddy is my most wanted character for Smash ever. Can't trade him for any other character ever.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
No no no no no no no no no no no no NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

THIS IS NOT OKAY! Not even in the slightest!

In my case, Diddy Kong for King K.Rool, which am happy is not a reality. Diddy is my most wanted character for Smash ever. Can't trade him for any other character ever.
I dont think I could really go through with it, I really love Diddy Kong but Waluigi time! ;_;

StormC

Smash Hero
Banjo-Kazooie for K. Rool? Nah.

If it was before K. Rool's announcement, it would be K. Rool for Cloud, which would be tough, but for the greater good. I can still play as Cloud in Smash 4.

EDIT: Wait, Nintendo character? Well, I consider Banjo a Nintendo character either way. Otherwise it'd just be K. Rool for K. Rool. lol

Last edited:

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
I love Dixie and all but Diddy means a lot to me when it comes to Smash, he was the very first character I was truly attached to using and every time I use him he gives me a burst of energy.
I almost would say the same for Villager as well, I'm honestly addicted to using Diddy and Villager so I don't think I would ever trade them.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
:ultzss: takes her heels and leaves.
:zerosuitsamus: returns to her former glory.

...I know I'm not playing the game right but I miss Brawl ZSS so much.

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
We had a good run man, but many would be ecstatic if this were to happen.
It would be time to hang up the coat and retire.

:ultdoc: for Banjo Kazooie.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Nope.

I've already lost :ivysaur: once. I'm not doing it again, for anyone.

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
Losing K Rool for Skull Kid... Ouch. That hurts a looooottt, but, I think I’d do it if that’s the only way it could happen

Dan

Smash Lord
Geno for K. Rool? Nah, because my newcomer list was:

1. Ridley
2. K. Rool
3. Geno

Why are you trading two characters in the game?

Icelerate

Smash Apprentice
Micaiah gets in and Marth goes out. I'd actually be thrilled about it.

Smash Lampjaw

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1307-1021-0308
Krystal for Link? I don't think so.

But I still think she's a far better choice than some of the characters we got.

Funktastic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DaftBunk
Switch FC
SW 4808 1853 3785
Goodbye :ultmegaman:, Hello Geno. A sad trade, although maybe Mega Man gets added back as DLC with a better moveset :bobomb:

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Favorite Fighter in the game as it stands is :ultsnake:. Would not remove him for any character. Not even the character my avatar represents.

Sorry Hattori.

Last edited:

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
:ultkingdedede: gets removed in favor of another character also being part of a comic relief group in the anime they were in, :052:.

While I think King Dedede should absolutely stay and was a bit overdue for Smash, the fact I've had the chance to play him in Brawl and SSB4 while Meowth has missed the boat for so many games and is looking very unlikely in these times while King Dedede has gotten his spot safe and sound? I'd be up for it, I can go back to the previous games if I really want to play Dedede. This would be a miracle of a chance and would entirely make up for it for me.

Last edited:

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769
Which two characters are they and would you accept?

Lip gets in... but at the cost of Kirby... I would find that acceptable. As much as I like Kirby as my favourite video game character, my usage of him as my main in smash is inconsistent (he was only my main main in SSB64 and Brawl; I used Pichu and Ganondorf as my main main in Melee and SSB4 respectively) and he gets plenty of exposure through the sheer amounts of games he has. Lip... sadly doesn't get that attention given to her, and an inclusion in SSB could lead to her appearing in future wordwide releasing Puzzle League games. It'd be a big loss, but one that would benefit a character that could do with the exposure.

If SSB can promote awareness of and even revive Nintendo's older or less known series, then I see that as a great cause.

Top Bottom