• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Your favorite moment(s) from the drive?

Life

Smash Hero
Title.

Whoever started #oneunit has my undying respect, as I've been saying constantly for the past few hours. Also the Ken Combo (if I ever come by I'll order one--my interest in competitive Smash began after seeing Ken in Nintendo Power, though I was too young at the time to do anything), raising my arms during the spirit bomb (I did, I regret nothing), and what happened at the SG stream immediately after the deadline. Lastly, that moment when M2K became my first Twitter follower (trying not to advertise too hard in this thread so I'll post it if you ask).

What are yours?

KoopaTroopa895

Smash Apprentice
The final flash video, constantly switching between stream chats while control+F5ing wepay hoping it doesn't crash. And then seeing our numbers jump up like 20K at the end.

Jagoffian

Smash Journeyman
#BasedSalsa
Mango wanting to show his nuts on the Skype chat.
Mango hanging up almost immediately after Hbox entered the chat.
11@11
Ken making a surprise appearance.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
I have a few

First, during the initial donation drive, when we planned to raise 2k over the whole night, and after the first refresh we were already past our goal

Watching oddler's stream and everyone getting super ****ing hyped when the unknown donater dropped 4k LOOOL

On Trihex's stream when he took his shirt off and passed the mini spirit bomb to scar LMAOOOOO

And finally tonight in the last 10 minutes when skull girls and melee were both going up CRAZY ****ING AMOUNTS IN SHORT AMOUNTS OF TIME

Tse

Smash Cadet
First night of Trihex, Final Flash, #Oneunit, the shoutout I got from D1, how the community bonded, Megabus, and Salsa

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
When Melee hit 75K, then 84K from the ****ing snipers, I learned that it was indeed possible to piss and **** oneself at the exact same moment.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
****ing Prog and his Sniper Support
The skype call with Mr Wizard
Mike Z's speech at the end
TriHex's speedruns (you owe me a shirtless run, *******)
Realizing I was literally sweating at 11:50pm
When 'Batman' told me of his 4k drops

wqqqqwrt

Smash Cadet
I liked too many of it to comment. This has hurt my grades a lot =| but it was worth it. Time to take a calc midterm on 4 hours of sleep. =x

EDIT: ok it was leffen trolling mr. fanatiqs chat chat

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
I still wanna know. Where did that final $30,000 come from? If it's Prog's snipers, I'd love to hear who they all were. We owe so much to them.

-Ran

Smash Master
My favorite moment, was when there was a video going on, and everyone was quoting it before it actually happened in the stream. Haha.

Gastogh

Smash Apprentice
Definitely the last 5 minutes, those insane snipes.
That was about as much of a "snipe" as one of these is a rifle.

...But I take your meaning. :awesome:

As to OP's question... I don't know, things just got progressively more awesome as the deadline drew closer. The atmosphere in the chat was ****ing amazing and it was a shame this had to happen in the middle of the week. If you weren't there, there ain't enough BibleThumps in all the internet for your loss.

Best stream ever. Thanks to all who made it happen!

MajorMoses said:
I still wanna know. Where did that final $30,000 come from? If it's Prog's snipers, I'd love to hear who they all were. We owe so much to them.
Other than Prog Squad's 6k, I believe Redact (the man, the legend) and a friend of his whose name escapes me dropped a sizable bomb of their own.

However, I think the biggest dynamite sticks might have come from a group of Brazilians who put on a serious growing-economy, gloves-off donation tour-de-force.

I expect Salsa~, Redact & co. will have a number of interesting things to tell us when they wake up and log on, lol.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I got a 7k sniper(s) lol (and a few other guys for a few 100s of amounts, a lot of different people. I don't know cuz I sent like 100s of messages 1 by 1 to tons of people so it's hard to say exactly)

i been planning that since 2-3 days ago in case they sniped us first, we could snipe back

Give a big thanks to Shaun Frost (Nova from australia) for his 5k snipe at the end (2k the day before also), and Toph's 2.5k final snipe at the end!

There were many others too but i don't remember cuz i messaged too many people all day (I can't message people on facebook anymore. I CANT MESSAGE PEOPLE ON FACEBOOK NOW CUZ I DID TOO MANY MESSAGES. Any time i message anyone, it asks me to put in a CAPHICA code [spelling?] so I can't do anything!!! I tried a few min ago.

final hour i went SUPER HAM on facebook like non stop for a long time. Sent 100s of msgs (1 by 1 cuz I don't know a way to mass-message people yet) with the same long copy+paste for last minute snipes/donations

I wouldn't be surprised if my facebook got deleted over next few days tbh. that would SUCK though so i really hope not <___<

same w/ my twitter. I tweeted the 40 famous guys I said I would. (30 from the thread then a bunch of others, and trihex early on to start the drive 3 days ago for Yoshi's Island)

www.facebook.com/mew2king (add me if u want)
www.twitter.com/CT_Mew2king (add me)

Revven

FrankerZ
So many things.... I can't possibly name them

I guess all of the DBZ references/analogies, the 4k donation, Salsa...

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Also, Ken said he reached out to local radio, Survivor fans, etc. Shoutouts to him.

Subrava

Smash Cadet
I have never gotten so excited in a stream than I was last night. We let out what I had thought to be the last of what we really had at 9 PST and I was terrified at how fast SG was hacking away at the lead. The final 15 minutes of the drive was complete mayhem and I am proud to have stayed up 'til 3am watching the entire thing do down.

Biggest shoutouts to M2K, Prog, and Scar for the sheer publicity and time they put into this effort.

#oneunit #itsover90,000

Tse

Smash Cadet
11@11 was also pretty legit. We actually rallied most the chat to donate 11 dollars; that's truly what it means to be #oneunit

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
TriHard Stream x 3
Yoshi's Island Speed Runs(too good)
Salsa donating $4k out of now where
Prog's Grassy Knoll shooters
Brand X taking over SWF
SFAT winning Trihex give away
SFAT winning Trihex give away again
#SFATWINS
Ice Climbers being free
MELEE WINNING!
ALL THE DELICIOUS SALT!

BrahmenNoodles

Smash Cadet
Ken Combo or the amazing loot and shenanigans folks were willing to put up as incentives.

I dunno man, it could go either way.

dkuo

Smash Lord
trihex's tech skill
salsa's bluff-into-hype conversion
ken: "...I dunno guys..........................."
phil's nathalie kelley video thing had me in hysterics
BrandX possibly setting some post-rate record without ban

finally, sg catching up to melee's spirit bomb within minutes, then melee randomly shooting up to 90k in the last 15 minutes. my stomach felt like brinstar

Brain-washed

Smash Rookie
HAVING WAFFLES ON STREAM!! THE LAST 10 MINUTES!! THE LAST MINUTE!! THE FINAL FLASH!!!! Also, if you didn't raise your arms last night then you have every reason to be regretful.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
I dunno man, it could go either way.
Quick, off-topic question. I recall this is from a video of a ditto match where this is said at the very beginning right? Does anyone know the exact video

For my moment, I started the $11@11 thing and I was afraid it would never pick up steam, but SO MANY PEOPLE joined in. It felt like just that little idea of getting everyone around one more donation time was just my own main contribution to this thing, though of course it would have been nothing without #oneunit joining in, spreading the hype, and going it. That was just an awesome moment to be part of.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Quick, off-topic question. I recall this is from a video of a ditto match where this is said at the very beginning right? Does anyone know the exact video

For my moment, I started the $11@11 thing and I was afraid it would never pick up steam, but SO MANY PEOPLE joined in. It felt like just that little idea of getting everyone around one more donation time was just my own main contribution to this thing, though of course it would have been nothing without #oneunit joining in, spreading the hype, and going it. That was just an awesome moment to be part of.
https://twitter.com/jchensor/status/297480125459607552

Veggiez

Smash Apprentice
#MEGABUS
#MANGOBUS
#MANOGNATION
#ONEUNIT
#11at11
#1130at1130
#smash4ever
#melee4evo
#HYPE