• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your favorite match-ups?

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Contrary to the most hated match-up threads, this one is for the match-ups you enjoy the most. For me...

:4mario: I feel like fighting against Mario is most of the time really fun. It's... thrilling.
:4wiifit::4wiifitm: I once found a Wii Fit Trainer main in For Glory that left me really impressed. Those matches were fun!
:4dk: Even if I am being destroyed, I will never hate fighting DK!
:4bowserjr: So rare to find Bowser Jr. mains online, but I enjoyed fighting against the few ones I found.
:4dedede: Same thing I said for DK is valid for Dedede. I love these characters too much to not love fighting them.
:4villagerf::4villager: Gotta love my sises and bros Villager mains!

Peff

Smash Cadet
:4pit: / :4darkpit: players that aren't the little kid spamming side b on FG are actually fun to play against. It always feels very fair. They're the most fun I've ever had with.
:4feroy: players seem to coincidentally be all right at the skill level that is just right for me to play against, it feels like. The character also just feels fair. Whatever feels fair is fun to play against.

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
:4ganondorf: When you find a good one, they are really fun to fight against.

:4myfriends: Can't ever hate.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Fighting against a good :4bowser:,:4peach:,:4dk:,:4pit:,:4darkpit:,:4robinm:, or :4metaknight: is almost always enjoyable to me.

D

Deleted member

Fighting a good :4jigglypuff:is always a breath of fresh air, especially ones that know how to space well, gimp and get setups into Rest.

Experienced :4metaknight:, :4palutena:, :4mii: and :4zelda: are great fun too.

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
:4pacman: Ditto's with the Golden Left Nut of Satan are always extremely fun. I almost forget that each match takes about 5-6 min
:4kirby: When they get my fighters neutral B I'm always interested to see how they will use it.
:4palutena: Nothing special about it, I just don't think I've ever faced a Palutena that was abrasive in any way
:4gaw: Really good G&W make me infuriated, but I will always keep coming back. The 2D annoyance brings out the masochist in me
:4ryu: Good Ryu's are challenging, very tense, but in general very satisfying when you clutch out the win

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Fighting against decent to good :4myfriends:, :rosalina: (when I'm not playing as her), :4pacman:, :4megaman:, :4shulk:, :4darkpit:, :4falco:, :4ganondorf:, :4wario:, :4lucas: and :4ryu: tends to put me in a great mood.

Last edited:

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
:4marth:- People who give consistent tips deserve my respect.
:4robinm::4robinf:- A tactician who executes their strategy well earns my respect.
:4peach:- Playing pretty princess dress up every once in awhile is really fun.
:4palutena:- Pole dancing with a goddess is quite enjoyable.
:4jigglypuff:- Jiggle Jiggle Jiggle

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
I love fighting experienced mid to low tiers. This is hypocritical because I main Sheik, but I have recently found an interest in Palutena. I absolutely love playing as her, but since she has always been deemed a "bad character," I never considered her.

Some of my favorites to fight against are:

:4marth::4lucina: Very fun, and often really strategic.
:4peach: Finding a good one is rare, but worth it.
:4robinm::4robinf: It's fun to see their unique strategies and attacks.
:4bowserjr: The ones who can use this guy well are very fun to play against.
:4duckhunt: I've fought some pretty crazy ones who do not rely on camping.

Bee86

Smash Rookie
NNID
beebianchini
3DS FC
2294-5166-9137
I love to fight against Mario, Duck Hunt, Wii Fit, Marth, Lucina, Bowser Jr., Mega Man, Fox, and Ness.

Only when I'm not playing as Ness or Duck Hunt, that is.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
Good :4falco:s are always welcome to me - bring it, I touched your bread, so what? Mirror me, m8, I prefer the air, too.
A good :4lucina: makes me genuinely happy. I honestly don't really like her, but fighting a good player as her puts a real smile on my face.
Non spammy :4samus:? Game on!
:4palutena: - hardly seen, and that's a shame. Good Palus make for very interesting fights.
Good :4villager: players are actually fun, but rare to come by. I like all the extra thinking I have to do to manage this one, really excites my tactical side.
+1 for any dittoes/mirrors, especially :4roy:, our boy. :v

Dokokashira

Smash Journeyman
:4link: - Good Links are SUCH a blast to play! The way good Links use their projectiles for interesting setups and mixups make them so fun to play. Most Links just spam power attacks and hope you fall into them, but when a Link uses his tools to force you into a power attack, it's just so fun to fight.

:4villager: - The last Villager I fought, I really had a good time with. I play Dr. Mario, so I have an offensively effective and noncommittal reflector. When I reflected his projectiles back at him, he pocketed them and then left me guessing as to when he would throw them out again. It lead to very enjoyable match full of mindgames, baits, and reads from both sides, something I really don't get enough of. It was very exciting and challenging to fight his edgeguarding, and it really helped me hone my edgeguard breaking skills (which I now consider to be one of my few strengths)

:4metaknight: - I'm friends with a skilled Meta Knight main who I often play with. and I can say that it's a very entertaining matchup! I'm not even sure what it is exactly... Meta Knight is one of the few characters where I never groan when I see on FG (I usually assume the worst out of my opponents and think they'll play their character as annoying as possible), and I have yet to fight a Meta Knight that I didn't enjoy.

:4ness::4lucas::4pacman: :4rob: - No matter how salty I am about the actual match, I never mind losing to these characters because their victory themes are so great.

:4drmario::4pikachu::4miif: - Lastly, I love ditto matches to death. I could play Doc dittos for hours! It's also really cool to see other people who use these characters outside of dittos, as they're fairly uncommon in my experience.

Last edited:

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Ya know I've never really thought about who I enjoy facing the most before, but if I had to these would be it:

:4wiifit: | :4wiifitm:
Hey guys, remember when Smash Bros U just came out and these gals/guys where just about everywhere online before suddenly ceasing to exist? Seriously, Wii Fits are so insanely rare for me to find online now I have to wonder where they all went. Once in a blue moon I will finally find one, and I will get so excited that some still do exist out there. Bonus points if they are insanely good with them.

:4dedede: | :4rob: | :4pacman: | :4zelda: | :4kirby:
Basically anyone who plays as my Mains. Not only do I have a hard time finding these guys online I also enjoy learning how the other side uses them. Sometimes when I encounter someone really good at a certain Main of mine it allows me to learn some new tricks and Combos I may not of known about before. This is why I never get upset over Ditto Matches (unless they do it for disrespect).

:4olimar: | :4alph:
The rarest of all rarities! Only when the Smash Gods smile upon you will you face these rare creatures. The moment you finally find one that obviously knows how to play you are guaranteed to have a fun time. At least I have fun against them. Opinions may vary.
:4pacman: Ditto's with the Golden Left Nut of Satan are always extremely fun. I almost forget that each match takes about 5-6 min
You sir, deserve my Like for actually making me laugh IRL after reading that little line.

SM980

Smash Rookie
Any time I'm playing :4marth: and come across a :4feroy: it's always a good time. So good in fact, that if I'm playing some offhand character like :4villager: I'll put on a tag saying "STAY-ROY" just so I can have the thrill of that battle. There's something about it that seems so honorable, so respectful. The characters may have similar movesets but play oh-so-differently it's incredible.

I also like :4zss: vs :4falcon: for some reason. I don't exactly know why, but it just looks like it's going to be fun. I'm not very good (comparatively, at least) as ZSS so playing against a random shmuck who just wants to diddle around with Falcon can be entertaining for both sides.

Lastly, :4samus: vs :4littlemac: is... interesting. I, as Samus, have literally never won in this matchup but just thinking about Little Mac's promo video makes me giggle.

Oh yeah, and any time I'm :4villager: vs a :4lucas: or :4ness: I try to pocket their PK-Thunder. It's all I do. I can't even focus on playing Villager right because all I want to do is literally steal their recovery.

Last edited:

HIMA14

Smash Rookie
NNID
HIMA14BITS
:4charizard::I really like fighting a good Charizard who knows how to use Side B.

:4dedede::I don't mind if a DDD spams gordo,it's really fun for me to play against him.

:4fox::4falco::I like to improve myself trying to dogde and read their moves.

:4olimar: :4metaknight: :4palutena::4duckhunt::4rob::For me it's fun because they are very unusual to find,it's like facing new opponents.

:rosalina::4samus::4sonic::4villager::4falcon::4wario::4ryu::Even losing to them makes me feel glad to play against good characters and makes me want to train with them.

Jacuzzi Splot

Smash Cadet
:rosalina:As long as it's there're not too good this is the most fun matchup. Really makes me think as Pac usually not in a frustrating way. Better if i'm using ZSS who handles her better.

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
:4dk:vs.:4littlemac:. I love both characters, and I love it when this match up comes up. If only just to reenact the Punch Out fight.

tumblr_mr1b14DTJf1rvnnxxo1_400.gif

kendikong

Smash Journeyman
A really good :4ryu: and :4myfriends: and :4charizard: are probably the only characters that wont piss me off if i cant win against. I'd just be impressed.

Last edited:

the_muffin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
muffinduck01
While playing as :4myfriends: I've had a lot of fun playing against :4marth: mains for some reason.

Any two heavy characters together are always fun. Nothing feels as satisfying as f***ing each other's s*** up by trading heavy blows. Especially :4myfriends: and :4ganondorf: doubles.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
:4mario::4drmario:: I don't have a problem with these two since its easy for me to fight them. Plus in ditto battle as well.
:rosalina::I don't care if I lose to her, she still fun to fight against along with Luma.
:4luigi:: Fun to play against even though its hard for me to find more Luigis(good ones) to fight. Plus, if I face good ones or in dittos, then it may help me get better with my Luigi.
:4pikachu::Same as Luigi.
:4jigglypuff::I'm cool with fighting Jiggs.
:4robinf:&:4robinm:: They're ok in my book.
:4ryu::Rare, but good to fight against.

BarSoapSoup

Smash Journeyman
:4charizard::4dedede::4dk::4ganondorf: I enjoy fighting most other heavyweights with Bowser. Even if I lose, I always have a blast.

PingleFingle

Smash Rookie
NNID
GummiSharkz
Switch FC
SW-0641-1519-5608
:4littlemac::4ryu::4falcon: These guys in any combination, its a blast.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
As :150: I tend to like fighting :4charizard:,:4bowser:,:4dk:,:4ganondorf:, and the various swordsmen (with the exception of Roy).

As :006: I really like fighting :4bowser:,:4pit:/:4darkpit:,:4samus:,:4lucario:, and :4greninja: most.

Chadmander

Smash Cadet
As :4peach:
:rosalina: I'd like to fight more of them to learn the match up but they almost always leave after 1 match win or lose.

As :4pit:
:4marth::4lucina::4feroy::4darkpit::4myfriends:are always a lot of fun to play against when the player knows what they're doing.

Top Bottom