• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your favorite kill moves?

FreeGamer

Smash Ace
For me, nothing trumps the satisfaction of hitting a home run with the tipper of an aerial Hammer. :D

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
Hammer, definitely. Second place awarded to uair weak hitbox knocking the opponent sideways into death. Once I got a Marth with the weak uair and knocked him under Lylat :gova:

Garde Noir

Smash Journeyman
Back Air at the end of a combo for me. I just really like nailing the execution, and knowing that it was all me, not a hitbox or luck, but all damage racked up by myself.

Jethroo

Smash Journeyman
Inhale! Inhaling a sonic in his up B on the edge and watching him fall to his death after he wiggles out, Inhaling an Ike off the edge falling a little away from the edge and spitting him out and flying back to the edge while he dies, or kirbyciding someone. Their reactions to inhale alone makes kirby my favorite character!

Next is grounded hammer. Don't use it a lot, but people generally don't see it coming and end up being destroyed by it.

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
Dthrow to jab reset to ground hammer is real.

Also how exactly does inhale work? Does spitting out someone give them their jump back, but wriggling out doesn't?

Brikmaethor

Smash Cadet
Tipped aerial hammer is by far the most viscerally satisfying, but Inhale shenanigans are super fun and make me laugh every time. I ended a match just yesterday with an Inhale -> Spit -> Inhale -> Spit -> Inhale -> Spit -> Inhale -> Kirbycide zero to death and it was fantastic.

All of Kirby's moves are satisfying to land. That's part of what makes him such a joy to play.

Edit: Also, Solar Beam. Heh heh.

Last edited:

Jethroo

Smash Journeyman
Also how exactly does inhale work? Does spitting out someone give them their jump back, but wriggling out doesn't?
If you spit them out or they wiggle out i believe they normally get their jumps back, but if you catch sonic in middle of his upB he doesn't if he get gets out without you spitting him out. Not sure why or if any other characters like that. Ike does get jumps back, but if jump and inhale him off stage and fall away from it, it is impossible for him to recover even with his jumps, all he can hope to do is kill you with his upB. Basically some characters you can get them off stage jump off inhale and fall away from stage then spit out and they to far away to recover, but you still can. People get sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo frustrated from doing this.

Last edited:

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
Forward Smash because of how amazing it is, and fast falling the second swing of the aerial hammer.

Also taking a stock with a kirbycide, like @ Jethroo Jethroo was saying.

MaxThunder

PM Support
jumping up from the ledge, inhaling someone trying to edge guard you and spitting them out under the stage=P...

SSS

Smash Ace
Probably usmash. It's surprisingly strong, and has a lot of satisfying things to combo into it. Dthrow>usmash on floaties. Dashattack>usmash at certain percents (usually not kill percents though). Dthrow>techchase>usmash on heavies. It kills pretty early.

Also Rock, either high up (usually when they're trying to juggle you; it's like a Flaco shien) or under the stage for the stage spike.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Any copied nB that is a kill move used against them. (DK, Samus, Ivy, Falcon, Ganon, Lucario, etc.)

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if they changed it but Kirby's UAir was pretty good in Melee. You could also spike people with Kirby's DAir in Melee, I especially like doing it to Falcon players as they recovered.

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
Oh and something I've been trying against cpus in Brawl is sucking them up as an edge guard, then going towards the blast zone, spitting them out, and then recovering.

Random23

Smash Cadet
Dash attack -> uair feels awesome, dthrow -> jab reset -> hammer is awesome, and any sort of inhale where you make it back is brilliant. The inhale spit out instantly killing them off the blastzone is sickening as well!

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
Oh and I would say a swallowcide edge guard/antiedge guard is good but they messed up swallowciding in P:M so that you die no matter what (in Melee there was a brief moment where it was possible to actually recover on stage). Also (again I don't know if this works well in P:M but) something I would do in Melee was Grab-> Down Throw-> Up Tilt (multiple times if neccisary) -> Up Air.
*EDIT* I found out they ruined Up Air in P:M. The hitbox has been made EXTREMELY specific (I asume it was unchanged from Brawl).

Last edited:

MrDrJacob

Smash Rookie
NNID
MisterJacob
Taking a stock off someone by using Kirby's dair is the most satisfying thing I've done with him. It's a move that shouldn't spike well, but can work with perfect setups.

HMWii22

BRoomer
BRoomer
1. Puff-style carry-off-the-stage with bair (or fair or nair really)

2. Basically any BS kill involving inhale

3. Dash attack -> jump waaaaaaay off the stage to somebody who has barely even started their recovery, and just crush their dreams with one nair

Last edited:

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
I found out they ruined Up Air in P:M. The hitbox has been made EXTREMELY specific (I asume it was unchanged from Brawl).
Yeah, the knockback is there sorta (doesnt go at the same angles) but the hitbox is different. I hope they change it.

Top Bottom