• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your favorite combo

StarStorm Tloc

Smash Rookie
Lucas has many combos and mix ups. So i ask. What's your favorite custom combo. And it doesn't have to be true either.

abx

Smash Journeyman
Is it true? Somehow I don't think it is, but what do I know?

MrWhYYZ

Smash Journeyman
Is it true? Somehow I don't think it is, but what do I know?
2 spots are not true. Depending on the character they can SDI your N-air down making it impossible to get the footstool afterwards. However if you read that DI and DI down as well you get Up-air into N-air again. And Z-air -> Grab isn't 100% guaranteed at that percentage if they have a 3 frame aerial they can get out.

KaptenFullkorn

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Magnetgoat
Last edited:

JosePollo

Smash Journeyman
dthrow nair to grab feels sooo good on bf
This is why I like Battlefield more than I should as a Lucas player (although Battlefield REALLY extends Lucas's lifespan per stock due to how hard he is to gimp). Too bad it doesn't work at the percentage when down throw up air off the top platform would kill. Maybe if you land the grab on the 2nd level, nair the opponent onto the top platform, then go into down throw double nair to up air? I'll have to see if that actually confirms... probably only on light fast fallers.

Last edited:

JosePollo

Smash Journeyman
If i recall correctly you can get a dthrow doublejump nair to regrab at around 40%? notsuretbh... would be slick tho!
I don't think you need to even double jump, and the only platforms that are too high for Lucas to reach with a single jump are the ones on T&C, if I recall correctly, which is why it SHOULD be possible to pseudo-chaingrab an opponent from the floor to the top platform and beyond on Battlefield.

Like @ 0% you can maybe do grab (from one side, facing INTO the stage) > down throw > nair > re-grab (2nd tier) > down throw > nair > re-grab (top platform) > nair > DJ nair > up air? I think by the time you do the DJ nair the knockback is too high for up air to reach without any jumps... So from 0% that's (excluding any pummels, assuming all hits of nair connect): 6.5% > 18.5% > 25.0% > 32.5% > 39.0% > 41.0% > 53.0% > 70.0% but the opponent probably DI/SDI'd at some point or probably by 40% nair became too strong for the finishing up air to hit (140 KBG is will do that).

For this to work on Dreamland I think the opponent would have to DI away after the nair, since the platforms are spaced further apart than on Battlefield, but getting the grab on the top platform could mean a stock pretty early from up throw or up air. Also, on Smashville the nair doesn't auto-cancel if you land on the platform the way it does on Battlefield and Dreamland, so you can't do it there (another reason to hate Smashville as a Lucas player).

Last edited:

Octagon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefly62813
3DS FC
4768-7531-8428
I know this isn't really the flashies but i love down throw to two neutral airs in a row. Its just so reliable at early percents and after playing with the character for countless hours you start to feel the flow of him and are able to execute these things simply and this combo was the first i mastered so its close to my heart.

BornABrawler

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PokePK66
3DS FC
5284-1425-9696
I personally love down-throw -> DJ d-air spike -> to u-air if the opponent doesn't tech. A pretty simple combo, but it just feels so smooth and can net a good amount of damage.

JosePollo

Smash Journeyman
I personally love down-throw -> DJ d-air spike -> to u-air if the opponent doesn't tech. A pretty simple combo, but it just feels so smooth and can net a good amount of damage.
I'll do this off the ledge if the opponent gets impatient. It's kind of unreliable, though, since the opponent can immediately aerial out of bouncing from a spike on-stage, which is absolutely ******** imo. On-stage, a full jump dair to up smash if I know the opponent likes to aerial/air dodge out of pressure.

Top Bottom