• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Best Luck?

Kips

Smash Ace
That's right, I'm devoting my 777th post to luck! Post in here the greatest strokes of luck you have ever had, or just random tidbits that lightened up your day with the simple pleasure that they gave.

Personally I believe that a great stroke of luck was finding around a hundred dollars in my old wallet when I was snooping through my old stuff. That helped pay for my new controllers :laugh:

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
Played a tactical game with a bud that was sorta like chess (Wrath: Unleashed). His tactics made me look like a caveman. I still won both matches by a single lucky move. Overlord vs Overlord is a win or lose shot. XD I told him he should start practicing luck instead of tactics.

Found $40 in a parking lot.

I almost got beat up in elementary school, but I was lucky enough that the kid tripped over me when I ducked. He ate dirt and I took off.

Uh... I've had a lot more "lucky events" but I can't remember 'em atm.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Luck hax don exits. It was all fate that did it. xD

Hmm, I've almost been flattened by a car once. It was driving in reverse but it didn't see me cycling by, so it hit me and crushed half of my bike. I was not only lucky I reacted really fast and jumped off the bike before it hit , but the dude driving the car gave me 75 euros for reparation (= around 100 dollars). Afterwards my bike was easily fixed by my dad (no costs).

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
We had a CO leak and I narrowly avoided death. Does natural gas accompany CO? Cos' I smelled SOMETHING... You can't smell CO, right? Because if that's what I smelled, I'm a superhero.

fantanoice

Smash Cadet
Lucky to be alive. ^_^

But I guess a couple of blue shells and stars combinations come in handy too. Also, opponents having "bad luck" is always "good luck."

As for "best" luck, it would probably be when I was competing in the athletics. I used to be really good at Discus (my only good sport.) I ended up breaking my wrist about a week or so before the competition, but luckily it wasn't my dominant arm (that's not the lucky thing though) so I still got to compete.

Anyway, it was my first throw and I absolutely fluked this brilliant throw. I was about 19 metres (which is pretty far for a chick in grade 6 with a broken arm. xP) Nobody else got anywhere near me. It was awesome. It was the best throw of the day. ^_^

Though there was a little bit of bad luck. Because I was in group "B" I couldn't go any further than the local athletics. That's my stupid PE teacher's fault.

WeeeEeeEEEEeeee. :)

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
You know that one scene from Austin Powers, where Vanessa is talking on the phone with her mom, and Austin is walking around totally naked in the background, yet whatever he happens to do, she censors Austin's junk?

Well, one night, my friend was really drunk. He passed out in his room for a good hour or two, and then he came back out to the living room extremely naked. Yet wherever he went, he was conveniently covered-- it's not like he was even trying, either.

My friend and I sort of stared at each other like: "did that just happen?" when he went back in his room

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Coming back from Melbourne's first Smash'd fest (not Smash, but Smash'd. Think about it) I got on the train and sat in the same booth as an attractive woman probably in her mid 20's. The whole time on the train we didn't talk to each other, look at each other or acknowledge each other in anyway at all.

We both get off at the same stop and she was walking a few meters ahead of me through the parking lot and opens her car. I wasn't really paying attention until I heard her ask me "Are you going home anywhere close?" I say "Yeah" and she says "would you like a lift?"

The definition of a perfect stranger offers me a lift home and on the way to my place she says to me "I don't usually do this." I think to myself "what the hell makes me so different that I'm an exception?" I dunno, I guess I'm a charming drunk or something but even if that's true, luck had a lot to do with me getting a lift home that night.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
My best friend met my current girlfriend(5 years together now) at an msn chatroom.....Now THAT was luck.

Eh, in Halo, I got a triple head shot and a double head shot with the sniper IN THE SAME MATCH. It was all chance.(Not to take anything away from my l33t sniper skills)

Oh! When I was 5, I looked really close at a chicken, and it freaking pecked me right between my eyes! Could have ended up without an eye.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Coming back from Melbourne's first Smash'd fest (not Smash, but Smash'd. Think about it) I got on the train and sat in the same booth as an attractive woman probably in her mid 20's. The whole time on the train we didn't talk to each other, look at each other or acknowledge each other in anyway at all.

We both get off at the same stop and she was walking a few meters ahead of me through the parking lot and opens her car. I wasn't really paying attention until I heard her ask me "Are you going home anywhere close?" I say "Yeah" and she says "would you like a lift?"

The definition of a perfect stranger offers me a lift home and on the way to my place she says to me "I don't usually do this." I think to myself "what the hell makes me so different that I'm an exception?" I dunno, I guess I'm a charming drunk or something but even if that's true, luck had a lot to do with me getting a lift home that night.

Or maybe she saw you fumbling around and thought to herself, "My daughter is coming home late from a birthday party, I don't want this bozo driving on the same roads."

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer

I think Wikipedia's broken. I'm not allowed to edit it D=

But on another note, Blazey got owned.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Or maybe she saw you fumbling around and thought to herself, "My daughter is coming home late from a birthday party, I don't want this bozo driving on the same roads."
Actually, I was going to be walking home =] . Also, lol wut? I said she was in her mid 20s. How old could her "daughter" be to be coming home late from a birthday party?

I just remembered how lucky it was that I saw the news before going to school on the 11th of September, 2001. Around that time, I usually got ready and left for school before before the rest of my family woke up and ate my cereal in silence. That morning, though, I had to eat a cereal that really grossed me out so to take my mind off it I turned on the TV to watch some Dragon Ball Z. What's this? No DBZ? 'Fraid not. Instead, I'm greeted with the news that humanity is ****** itself.

Had I not run out of Coco Pops the previous day and was forced to eat Nutri Grain that morning, I would have went to school ******** to the fact that the world just changed forever.

Response to below: NO U.

Top Bottom