• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Young Links chance of being used as a main

Young Link being a main?

• Yes

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
Young Link is really high up on the tier list ranked 15 in the current tier list.So instead of having him as a secondary what about using him as a full time main.Thoughts and ideas please.

wizrad

Smash Journeyman
NNID
nin10L3ro
3DS FC
4871-4875-5333
Young Link is quite a good character, but he has many flaws, and that's what keeps him out of the high tier and locked in the mid tier. If you're dedicated to him and have some natural talent, you can certainly do well enough, but just not as well if you had put that time and talent into, say, Falco (basically the reason why I'm focusing on Falco instead of Young Money). The reason he's so often chosen as a secondary is because he does very well against floaties, particularly Peach and Puff, against whom many players find difficulty. He also pretty much destroys everyone below him on the tier list, in my opinion. It's really his high/top tier matchups that are holding him back from being more commonly played.

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
Young Link is quite a good character, but he has many flaws, and that's what keeps him out of the high tier and locked in the mid tier. If you're dedicated to him and have some natural talent, you can certainly do well enough, but just not as well if you had put that time and talent into, say, Falco (basically the reason why I'm focusing on Falco instead of Young Money). The reason he's so often chosen as a secondary is because he does very well against floaties, particularly Peach and Puff, against whom many players find difficulty. He also pretty much destroys everyone below him on the tier list, in my opinion. It's really his high/top tier matchups that are holding him back from being more commonly played.
I agree but Young Link is faster then link so he has more options I'll try to get a video or something shown of a falco vs Young Link

wizrad

Smash Journeyman
NNID
nin10L3ro
3DS FC
4871-4875-5333
I totally agree that his speed makes him better than Link, I don't get why they're always so close on the tier list. Yes, they're clones, but so are Marth and Roy. Young Link is clearly better by a good margin and there are lower ranked characters that are better than Link Link.

wizrad

Smash Journeyman
NNID
nin10L3ro
3DS FC
4871-4875-5333
Sadly, Hbox's Falco doesn't look any better than mine, haha, so I don't think that's very representative of the matchup as a whole. Armada probably would've gone Peach were it not for the imminent threat of Jigglypuff.

steakhouse

Smash Apprentice
vods probably aren't up yet but it was streamed on geeky goon squad's channel, check it out. Top 8 happened last sunday, bracket up to there was on saturday.

Ryu Wolf

Smash Rookie
NNID
RyantheWolf
3DS FC
3239-5574-1795
I main him. Right now I'm working on making an in-depth guide to him and after researching him and understanding my gameplay's improved a lot however I don't think he's still good enough to match up to some tops tiers like Fox.

He can be a main but you should still have some form of a top tier secondary like Marth or Peach just so you can counter certain characters in tourneys.

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
a
I main him. Right now I'm working on making an in-depth guide to him and after researching him and understanding my gameplay's improved a lot however I don't think he's still good enough to match up to some tops tiers like Fox.

He can be a main but you should still have some form of a top tier secondary like Marth or Peach just so you can counter certain characters in tourneys.
Yes he dosen't have a good matchup againts fox but he has the combos to actually hurt fox in play

MagicScrumpy

Smash Journeyman
Young Link is too bad in too many relevant matchups to be a very good main. Unless you're seriously outplaying your opponent, you're not going to get very far against a Fox, Falco, or Sheik. Young Link is a far better secondary character because he's really only viable in niche situations (but in those situations he's very useful). However, in most cases, if you main a top tier character you won't need YL as a secondary because the top tier main will be equally capable to or more capable than YL at the stuff he's good at. I can see using YL for Peach because YL can win vs. Peach and Puff. However, if you main Marth or Fox, you might not want to pick up YL as a serious secondary after all.

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
Young Link is too bad in too many relevant matchups to be a very good main. Unless you're seriously outplaying your opponent, you're not going to get very far against a Fox, Falco, or Sheik. Young Link is a far better secondary character because he's really only viable in niche situations (but in those situations he's very useful). However, in most cases, if you main a top tier character you won't need YL as a secondary because the top tier main will be equally capable to or more capable than YL at the stuff he's good at. I can see using YL for Peach because YL can win vs. Peach and Puff. However, if you main Marth or Fox, you might not want to pick up YL as a serious secondary after all.
You make him sound like Roy first off all and he does have a combo game against fox.Pretty much all characters do.Second of all yes he does have a harder time againts other top tiers but he can hurt them back with correctly timed combos

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
I totally agree that his speed makes him better than Link, I don't get why they're always so close on the tier list. Yes, they're clones, but so are Marth and Roy. Young Link is clearly better by a good margin and there are lower ranked characters that are better than Link Link.
It comes down to Young Life having enough reperstention. Link has GERM, J666 and Saus. The latter two did really good at EVO and Saus was one match away at tbh5 from top 64. Whens the last time a young link main got these results?

MagicScrumpy

Smash Journeyman
You make him sound like Roy first off all
I never said that. Go back to my post, but try actually reading it this time around. Your response makes it look like you completely misinterpreted my post.

and he does have a combo game against fox.Pretty much all characters do.
I never went over Young Link's combo game, but that sucks a lot too. Anyway, being able to combo Fox does not determine whether or not a character is viable to main. If that were the case, just about everyone would be viable since "pretty much all characters" have a combo game against Fox.

Second of all yes he does have a harder time againts other top tiers
He is too bad in too many relevant matchups (i.e. he gets completely destroyed) to be a viable main. Even if YL has "combos" against Fox and Falco (and compared to other characters his combo game is terrible against just about everyone), the matchup is just horrendous for YL.

but he can hurt them back with correctly timed combos
Yeah! Just hit him back, and you're good to go (at least up until you realize it doesn't actually work like that)!

You don't understand. I'd love to discuss why YL is horrible, but you're going to actually have to read my posts and not draw your own strawman conclusions from them.

Last edited:

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
I never said that. Go back to my post, but try actually reading it this time around. Your response makes it look like you completely misinterpreted my post.

I never went over Young Link's combo game, but that sucks a lot too. Anyway, being able to combo Fox does not determine whether or not a character is viable to main. If that were the case, just about everyone would be viable since "pretty much all characters" have a combo game against Fox.

He is too bad in too many relevant matchups (i.e. he gets completely destroyed) to be a viable main. Even if YL has "combos" against Fox and Falco (and compared to other characters his combo game is terrible against just about everyone), the matchup is just horrendous for YL.

Yeah! Just hit him back, and you're good to go (at least up until you realize it doesn't actually work like that)!

You don't understand. I'd love to discuss why YL is horrible, but you're going to actually have to read my posts and not draw your own strawman conclusions from them.
Is there any way you could make a detailed post at some point on all young Link's flaws. Personally I will still main him though I'd argue in this meta Link is better. But I think having someone else tell me what's wrong with him would help as a whole for the community to admit what's wrong with him and how we can use what tools he has in a productive way. Personally I'd say Young Link is unviable just due to his MU against Marth alone. At least on Fox and Falco you can actually participate, agiant marth you just get bodied behind a wall of disjointed hitboxes.

jigglesthepuff

Smash Apprentice
YL isn't really that viable as a main, even with Armada. He's better off as a secondary, like Armada. Tier wise, he probably belongs where Yoshi is currently. He won't make it that far in the current meta where Fox is currently dominating, and Fox being pretty tough for YL.

Last edited:

pants name guy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5386-7849-1985
Is there any way you could make a detailed post at some point on all young Link's flaws. Personally I will still main him though I'd argue in this meta Link is better. But I think having someone else tell me what's wrong with him would help as a whole for the community to admit what's wrong with him and how we can use what tools he has in a productive way. Personally I'd say Young Link is unviable just due to his MU against Marth alone. At least on Fox and Falco you can actually participate, agiant marth you just get bodied behind a wall of disjointed hitboxes.
against marth you can run away and approach between his pokes and even harass him with projectiles. it's by no means an easy matchup, but yl has tools. against falco it's completely impossible to "participate" because falco can laser you no matter where you go and isn't really bothered by projectiles for multiple reasons and gets 60% free every time he hits you. just because you can uair him a couple times doesn't mean it's a doable matchup. sheik also has chaingrabs

pants name guy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5386-7849-1985
as a general rule, don't solo-main young link unless you (a) have experience maining some other better character, have excellent general game knowledge in advance, and know exactly what you're getting yourself into or (b) genuinely don't want to win/improve

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
against marth you can run away and approach between his pokes and even harass him with projectiles. it's by no means an easy matchup, but yl has tools. against falco it's completely impossible to "participate" because falco can laser you no matter where you go and isn't really bothered by projectiles for multiple reasons and gets 60% free every time he hits you. just because you can uair him a couple times doesn't mean it's a doable matchup. sheik also has chaingrabs
Ya I understand. I'm just Terrible at playing a campy Young Link. Thats why I Co-main links and keep a sharp marth as a secondary. Though tbh I use Link more than I use Young Link at this point. I love the little guy and I think he has a lot of potential. I just don't know how to unlock it.

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769

So yes you did "Young link is too bad in too many revelant matchups..." Sounds like Roy

MagicScrumpy

Smash Journeyman
Here's a huge wall of text.

When I think of a "viable" character, I think of a character who can hold his/her own pretty well in most relevant matchups. Young Link cannot, so he is not viable. I think the main reason people give YL any credit is because he's fast, and while it helps him out a lot it certainly doesn't make him a good character. He definitely has his strengths (all characters do), but his weaknesses are too glaring for him to really be a viable main.

Young Link can't really do that much besides camp because, for the most part, his approach options are pretty terrible. However, his camping options are pretty limited because throwing a boomerang or bomb can be a commitment with devastating consequences should he get punished for it. He's not like Fox or Falco, who have a very non-committal and effective projectile camping tool. YL's projectile is more comparable to Peach's in that it's often not very safe to start camping (though YL certainly has it better than Peach in this regard). Pulling bombs is usually especially unsafe whereas throwing boomerangs are usually at least okay.

Young Link is countered pretty hard by characters with good mobility. The only good characters YL does decently against are Peach, Ice Climbers (mostly because of their horrible weakness in the air), and Samus (but only to an extent) because of their limited mobility. I don't think any of these are winning matchups for Young Link, but he certainly stands a chance.

Though his camping tools aren't bad, they don't actually have too much of a presence. Any character that can get through YL's wall of projectiles can basically destroy him because he's very easy to combo and his defense options in close combat are horrible.

Another problem with YL's good projectiles is that spaced moves can beat them out in a few matchups. For example, Falcon's n-air can beat boomerangs, and all of Marth's aerials can beat bombs. Even Fox's lasers can stop bombs right in their tracks.

So YL's best attribute doesn't really serve him that well. This really only scratches the surface of why he's not a good character. Luckily for us, Young Link has other stuff besides a decent (but not very good) camping game. Unfortunately, the other stuff he has also isn't fantastic.

Young Link also has a decent recovery. It doesn't cover much distance, but if you're not too far from the stage you usually have a good few recovery mixup options because of his hookshot. YL's recovery is fantastic vertically but completely horrible horizontally. This means that he has to recover in a similar way most of time (much like Marth), and a predictable recovery means you're going to get gimped. However, Young Link's recovery really isn't bad at all. Unfortunately, a good deal of the relevant cast can combo YL so hard that his decent recovery doesn't mean all that much.

Young Link is bad in neutral. I've established that I don't think his camping game is very strong in most matchups, and he doesn't have many neutral game tools besides that. And if his opponent can counter-camp him well (Fox and Falco), then he's in real trouble. N-air and f-air are okay-ish approach options (they often don't lead into much, and since they have 7 frames of landing lag when L-canceled you have to time them pretty late lest you get shield grabbed if you don't cross up), and you can do some tricky stuff with b-air, but for the most part your best approach option is to throw a projectile to force an opening (which doesn't even work that often). N-air is my favorite because it's a fantastic spacing tool, but it's especially susceptible to being crouch canceled. At least he has an okay dash dance. Young Link's close combat tools are pretty bad, which means his defenses are horrible. YL can't do too much to protect himself against nimble characters. When it's not safe to use projectiles, u-tilt, u-smash, and d-smash are his best means of self-protection. However, it's not very hard to get around them.

Young Link has bad offensive tools, and unlike viable defense-oriented characters like Samus his defensive tools can't sufficiently compensate for that.

Getting hit is a disaster for Young Link because his weight makes him disgustingly easy to combo. YL dies fairly early as it is; easily taking upwards of 60% every time a combo-oriented viable character (Fox, Falco, Sheik, Marth, Falcon, Peach to an extent, Ice Climbers, and even Ganon come to mind) finds an opening on him doesn't really help.

What if Young Link gets the hit? YL's combo game is not very good; most of the time, he's going to get the opening because he managed to hit the opponent with a bomb or boomerang, and he might get a one- or two-hit string off of that. At low percents against fast-fallers, he can tech chase on reaction because he's pretty fast. That's pretty nice. D-smash and grab are two good tech chasing options. At mid-percent, d-throw will often lead to u-tilt and/or a u-air juggle against fast-fallers. Young Link actually has a fairly good combo game against fast-fallers, but that doesn't compensate for his horrible weaknesses against the fast-fallers and the scary tools they have against Young Link.

So his defense is okay; his offense is horrible; his recovery is okay; and his survivability is horrible. That doesn't stack up to be a very strong character. He has his niche, but that doesn't make him good. He can't hold up against the relevant cast, so he is not viable.

He's fun though.

I feel like this isn't complete, but I can't think of anything more to say right now. I'd love to discuss this though!

Last edited:

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
Here's a huge wall of text.

When I think of a "viable" character, I think of a character who can hold his/her own pretty well in most relevant matchups. Young Link cannot, so he is not viable. I think the main reason people give YL any credit is because he's fast, and while it helps him out a lot it certainly doesn't make him a good character. He definitely has his strengths (all characters do), but his weaknesses are too glaring for him to really be a viable main.

Young Link can't really do that much besides camp because, for the most part, his approach options are pretty terrible. However, his camping options are pretty limited because throwing a boomerang or bomb can be a commitment with devastating consequences should he get punished for it. He's not like Fox or Falco, who have a very non-committal and effective projectile camping tool. YL's projectile is more comparable to Peach's in that it's often not very safe to start camping (though YL certainly has it better than Peach in this regard). Pulling bombs is usually especially unsafe whereas throwing boomerangs are usually at least okay.

Young Link is countered pretty hard by characters with good mobility. The only good characters YL does decently against are Peach, Ice Climbers (mostly because of their horrible weakness in the air), and Samus (but only to an extent) because of their limited mobility. I don't think any of these are winning matchups for Young Link, but he certainly stands a chance.

Though his camping tools aren't bad, they don't actually have too much of a presence. Any character that can get through YL's wall of projectiles can basically destroy him because he's very easy to combo and his defense options in close combat are horrible.

Another problem with YL's good projectiles is that spaced moves can beat them out in a few matchups. For example, Falcon's n-air can beat boomerangs, and all of Marth's aerials can beat bombs. Even Fox's lasers can stop bombs right in their tracks.

So YL's best attribute doesn't really serve him that well. This really only scratches the surface of why he's not a good character. Luckily for us, Young Link has other stuff besides a decent (but not very good) camping game. Unfortunately, the other stuff he has also isn't fantastic.

Young Link also has a decent recovery. It doesn't cover much distance, but if you're not too far from the stage you usually have a good few recovery mixup options because of his hookshot. YL's recovery is fantastic vertically but completely horrible horizontally. This means that he has to recover in a similar way most of time (much like Marth), and a predictable recovery means you're going to get gimped. However, Young Link's recovery really isn't bad at all. Unfortunately, a good deal of the relevant cast can combo YL so hard that his decent recovery doesn't mean all that much.

Young Link is bad in neutral. I've established that I don't think his camping game is very strong in most matchups, and he doesn't have many neutral game tools besides that. And if his opponent can counter-camp him well (Fox and Falco), then he's in real trouble. N-air and f-air are okay-ish approach options (they often don't lead into much, and since they have 7 frames of landing lag when L-canceled you have to time them pretty late lest you get shield grabbed if you don't cross up), and you can do some tricky stuff with b-air, but for the most part your best approach option is to throw a projectile to force an opening (which doesn't even work that often). N-air is my favorite because it's a fantastic spacing tool, but it's especially susceptible to being crouch canceled. At least he has an okay dash dance. Young Link's close combat tools are pretty bad, which means his defenses are horrible. YL can't do too much to protect himself against nimble characters. When it's not safe to use projectiles, u-tilt, u-smash, and d-smash are his best means of self-protection. However, it's not very hard to get around them.

Young Link has bad offensive tools, and unlike viable defense-oriented characters like Samus his defensive tools can't sufficiently compensate for that.

Getting hit is a disaster for Young Link because his weight makes him disgustingly easy to combo. YL dies fairly early as it is; easily taking upwards of 60% every time a combo-oriented viable character (Fox, Falco, Sheik, Marth, Falcon, Peach to an extent, Ice Climbers, and even Ganon come to mind) finds an opening on him doesn't really help.

What if Young Link gets the hit? YL's combo game is not very good; most of the time, he's going to get the opening because he managed to hit the opponent with a bomb or boomerang, and he might get a one- or two-hit string off of that. At low percents against fast-fallers, he can tech chase on reaction because he's pretty fast. That's pretty nice. D-smash and grab are two good tech chasing options. At mid-percent, d-throw will often lead to u-tilt and/or a u-air juggle against fast-fallers. Young Link actually has a fairly good combo game against fast-fallers, but that doesn't compensate for his horrible weaknesses against the fast-fallers and the scary tools they have against Young Link.

So his defense is okay; his offense is horrible; his recovery is okay; and his survivability is horrible. That doesn't stack up to be a very strong character. He has his niche, but that doesn't make him good. He can't hold up against the relevant cast, so he is not viable.

He's fun though.

I feel like this isn't complete, but I can't think of anything more to say right now. I'd love to discuss this though!
Thank you! I really appreciate your input. Personally I think Young Link could fall into that High Tier category if he's optimized to his fullest. That being said Young Link is kind of like the Kirby of Midish tier characters. Against most the top tiers he can hold his own and against maybe Falco, Fox and Marth he gets trashed, though Kirby actually does better against Marth and Falco.... I also think Aramda might of "ruined" the prospect of Young Link. Dont get me wrong, Camping does work against Jigglypuff but realistically it doesn't work in the other MU(to the same extent because most characters can handle bombs/don't have to worry about the confirms til well over 100%) basically what this inconsistent rant is trying to say is, I think Young Link is unviable, currently. I think we got staled because so many tried to do the armada. Whether you play like Jash or Armada idk if Young Link will ever truly be viable. But what I'm saying is by trying to do something that was niche in the first place, you'll limit the character as a whole. Sorry if this was incoherent, I'm a bit sick and I'm having a hard time structuring this in anyway that makes sense. Basically I think Young Link is a very technical character with good recovery and few but decent Kill Confirms and has 3 or so Top Tier MU that he does pretty well in. But I think he's currently unvaible due to, the complete lack of many of his tools in comepetive play/being used in a meaningful way.(lots of his Technical stuff and arrows come to mind), sticking with the armada style young link that seems to me to be kind of foolish in 99% of his MU and is holding Him back, terrible optimization (many moves and punishes are the same as they were in 07), no combos or concrete ways to beat species(this is more likely the character than the players but I thought it was note worthy) and many other things. If you feel I said anything wrong feel free to correct me or comment.

wizrad

Smash Journeyman
NNID
nin10L3ro
3DS FC
4871-4875-5333
Young Link's main reason for his placement and lack of use is his bad matchups against Fox and Sheik and his terrible matchups against Falco, Marth, and Falcon. He beats everyone below him, goes about even with Peach, Puff, Samus (most debatably), and ICs, and the other matchups are mostly unknown because you never see them. He definitely loses to Ganondorf.

Avoin

Smash Cadet
Any character up to in my opinion, the links and perhaps donkey kong, are main viable for a serious player.

YL has some pretty bad match ups but all match ups are winnable. Personally i believe young link is a bit unexplored and has higher potential than we've seen with him. Same with his older counterpart.

But with SAUS/J666 and even Germ just to name a couple link mains paving the way and showing higher skill level with the character shows it can compete at a decently high level. Watch some of their sets, really interesting stuff.

Obviously we've all seen the popularized Armada/axe counterpick young link. But otherwise i'm actually not too familiar with a true main of the character, believe kokiri soldier is a young link main, but not sure how active he is or even the level he is at.

But anyways, most all characters are main capable, just takes somebody with dedication to start proving their worth, i mean look at aMSa with yoshi. Only a matter of time until mid/low tiers get pushed to their capability and we understand tiers fully and truthfully.

Last edited:

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
Any character up to in my opinion, the links and perhaps donkey kong, are main viable for a serious player.

YL has some pretty bad match ups but all match ups are winnable. Personally i believe young link is a bit unexplored and has higher potential than we've seen with him. Same with his older counterpart.

But with SAUS/J666 and even Germ just to name a couple link mains paving the way and showing higher skill level with the character shows it can compete at a decently high level. Watch some of their sets, really interesting stuff.

Obviously we've all seen the popularized Armada/axe counterpick young link. But otherwise i'm actually not too familiar with a true main of the character, believe kokiri soldier is a young link main, but not sure how active he is or even the level he is at.

But anyways, most all characters are main capable, just takes somebody with dedication to start proving their worth, i mean look at aMSa with yoshi. Only a matter of time until mid/low tiers get pushed to their capability and we understand tiers fully and truthfully.
Lajin is probably the young link with the most exposure. He's pretty good, he's used sheik a lot since he got back and plays extremely campy. The other old school player (this one doesn't play anymore) is Jash, he was a East Coast and he was known for his mastery of the Arrows(you can find lots of his matches on Ninja Link's Channel) idk any new school young Links besides the previously mentioned Kokiri Soldier

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
Since some of you guys seem to to be uneducated on the subject this is basically all the note worthy (mostly solo) young links (kokri Soldier isn't exactly that amazing but I figured I'd show the modern struggles of an average player in the meta.) Lajin definitely fights the better players such as Mango and Prince Abu.

Early days
Jash
Liquid's Fox: https://youtu.be/vDMaOLDFfcs
Ninja Link's Sheik: https://youtu.be/1Kaezh6Wi98
The returning hero
Lajin
Prince Abu: https://youtu.be/K55zulDq6zc
Mango's Falcon: https://youtu.be/ZPDDgkXqi_8
The New Kid
Kokri Solider
Mike Haze's Fox: https://youtu.be/VuyLr4hPc-A
Some Falcon: https://youtu.be/ATx53q2QLro

Happens2u

Writing Team
Ok I was just watching those Kokiri Soldier videos, is Kokiri Soldier actually Laijin? I'm seriously doubting it but the commentators keep saying he is and referring to him as Laijin.

Avoin

Smash Cadet
Since some of you guys seem to to be uneducated on the subject this is basically all the note worthy (mostly solo) young links (kokri Soldier isn't exactly that amazing but I figured I'd show the modern struggles of an average player in the meta.) Lajin definitely fights the better players such as Mango and Prince Abu.

Early days
Jash
Liquid's Fox: https://youtu.be/vDMaOLDFfcs
Ninja Link's Sheik: https://youtu.be/1Kaezh6Wi98
The returning hero
Lajin
Prince Abu: https://youtu.be/K55zulDq6zc
Mango's Falcon: https://youtu.be/ZPDDgkXqi_8
The New Kid
Kokri Solider
Mike Haze's Fox: https://youtu.be/VuyLr4hPc-A
Some Falcon: https://youtu.be/ATx53q2QLro

Interesting. He really put a pretty good fight against a pretty skilled fox in mike haze.
I'd say he's far from peaked though, i can see him becoming much better.

And he gave that falcon them hands, but yeah it's just some random haha.

I like the links potential as mains, disadvantaged but can make it if you put in the time.

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
Ok I was just watching those Kokiri Soldier videos, is Kokiri Soldier actually Laijin? I'm seriously doubting it but the commentators keep saying he is and referring to him as Laijin.
I highly doubt it but I may be wrong. Lajin(to my knowledge) is from Georgia and Always plays Blue Young Link. But I may be wrong, I definitely think Lajin is a lot better than that (no offense to him)

EDIT: Whoa actually I think it might be now. Weird, I guess I didn't think it was him due to it being SoCal and the name. That's actually a little saddening since that means we don't really have any new young links(this guy called WD40 or something kept popping up but I haven't watched him to see if he's any good yet) either way, good to see Kokiri Solider (Formally Lajin) assuming it is him, still plays and goes to events.

Last edited:

Happens2u

Writing Team
I highly doubt it but I may be wrong. Lajin(to my knowledge) is from Georgia and Always plays Blue Young Link. But I may be wrong, I definitely think Lajin is a lot better than that (no offense to him)
Yeah I didn't believe it either, at first I'm like "are they saying that because they're both black?" Also you are right I think Laijin is better, taking mango to last stock is more impressive than taking mike haze to last stock to me.

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
Yeah I didn't believe it either, at first I'm like "are they saying that because they're both black?" Also you are right I think Laijin is better, taking mango to last stock is more impressive than taking mike haze to last stock to me.
Hmm, I compared them side to side and they do look very similar. That being said I'd assume Mango's Falcon is better than Mike Haze's fox, even though the fox MU is harder. Plus based off everything I've seen of lajin it doesn't feel like him. A Little too aggressive to be him, a little too reckless, and a bit too unrefined.

Uchihadark7

Smash Journeyman
I recommend just keeping Young Link as a secondary like Axe. But I do think he's underrated as far as the tier list goes.

Uchihadark7

Smash Journeyman

Yeah I agree. He hasn't been fully explored and Dr. Mario has that same issue.

Top Bottom