• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Young Link Secondaries

LukeStormwalker

Smash Rookie
I've been playing a lot of Young Link, and I really like him, but I struggle really hard against characters that can easily deal with projectiles, like characters with reflectors. I don't know how I should go about dealing with this. Does anyone have any tips for how I could adapt my Young Link, or any suggestions for strong secondaries that I could use to cover bad matchups?

kriNon

Smash Rookie
Honestly most reflectors are a commitment. I think a big part is that if you're trying to throw projectiles from across the stage, then it is safe for them to reflect them without any chance of being punished. You should try to stay in a mid-range where you can still throw projectiles safely, but you're always threatening approaching. YLinks worst match-ups would be fox+wolf+falco, lucina+shulk+roy+chrom and pika+pichu. I believe that all these match-ups have plenty of counter-play and I believe that YLink is solo main viable.

Out of the characters that have reflectors, the toughest ones would be fox and wolf. I'm still trying to get better at those matchups so I don't think I can give much advice. If you're struggling against palu or mewtwo or those sorts of characters, focus on how YLink outspeeds them and how well he combos them.

Bouncing your boomerang as well as throwing bombs can be good against reflectors because you can throw them in a way where they won't hit you on the way back.

Top Bottom