• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Young Link Kill Confirms

Who's the best Link in ultimate?

• Young Link

Votes: 25 73.5%
  • Link

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Toon Link

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters

zacknotzach

Smash Rookie
I've been playing :ultyounglink: since I got the game, but killing can be hard before 150% or more. After some testing, I've found a couple good kill options and confirms, here's some of them. All testing was done on a midweight (Lucina) on Battlefield. All of the combos mentioned are true kill confirms if done at correct percents, at least from what I can tell so far. Please tell me if one of these does not work or is not true because I very well could be wrong about some of these. This is also my first "guide" so feedback is appreciated.

Bomb Confirms:
Bomb to fair - Kills at ledges very well. This kills at about 125% and is true if done properly. Other specials such as boomerang and arrow can also confirm into fair, but not as consistently. I've found a bomb to work best.
Short hop bomb downthrow into strong nair - This also kills at ledges at about 130%, and is not always very practical, but looks very flashy. This is also good out of shield. It sounds difficult, but with practice, it's not that bad. Just short hop and throw a bomb down, drift forward slightly and nair.
A bomb can also sometimes confirm into u-air, but a bomb to fair is usually stronger and the better option.

First Hit Fair:
The first hit of fair can be very powerful. If you fair and fast fall so that you only get the first it of the move your opponent will pop up in front of you. This can lead to many confirms. This can be hard to hit but is still worth practicing because this confirms into kills at very high percents too, because first hit fair has so little knockback.

First it fair to nair - Kills very well ledges around 110%
First it fair t up smash - Kills at around 120%

Other Confirms:
D-tilt to up air - I have not finished testing this one yet, but from what I can tell this kills around 120% as long as you are fast enough and get the strong hit of up air. Ultimates mechanics also make this combo that much better, because you can do a running dtilt to get this confirm. So far this has been one of my main ways of killing.

Gimping:
Not really a kill confirm, but can be a very strong way to get kills. Don't be afraid to go offstage. Young link has a very good recovery, meaning that he is very good at gimping and edge guarding. You can basically just spam nair offstage, which is a very powerful way to get kills. Floating nairs to strong nairs are very good offstage. I've been able to hit 3 or 4 nairs offstage to take a kill at very low percents. Running offstage with a forward air can also take a stock very early.

That's all I have right now, and I might update this post soon once I have done more testing on all of these kill confirms. Thanks for reading, and I really hope you learned something about killing with Young Link from this guide. I think Young Link has a ton of potential in this game, and am excited to see how he does in the long run as the game continues to evolve. Please post any comments or feedback you have, this being my first "guide". Bye, I'm off to go play more ultimate!

LukeStormwalker

Smash Rookie
I found one that looks pretty cool, albeit it's not super practical. You can land first hit of back air off of a z dropped bomb, which combos into up smash, killing at a little over 100.

zacknotzach

Smash Rookie
I found one that looks pretty cool, albeit it's not super practical. You can land first hit of back air off of a z dropped bomb, which combos into up smash, killing at a little over 100.
I'll have to try that one out! I love flashy kill setups.

Kienamaru

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kienamaru
3DS FC
2337-6342-5688
Switch FC
6100 0383 6350
You should check out my thread for more confirms. I'm pretty sure I have them all.

Kienamaru

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kienamaru
3DS FC
2337-6342-5688
Switch FC
6100 0383 6350
It's all good. Not like I'm some Young Link authority figure.

Lank_the_Dank

Smash Rookie
D tilt to up air kill confirms around 135 or 140. Also it works better if you d tilt then short hop into up air.

Last edited:

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
First hit of bair into ftilt, works pretty consistently, though I don't recall the exact percent

Top Bottom