• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Young Link Info Dump

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Has it been confirmed you can cancel his taunts with boomerang catch yet? Especially with how long lonlonmilk is. That's the most important matter here lets not kid ourselves.

EzloMajora

Smash Rookie
Can his grab still hook onto walls and grab them out of spot dodge like in melee?

<Green>

Smash Rookie
NNID
CrabbyGuy
Can his grab still hook onto walls and grab them out of spot dodge like in melee?
no, brawl replaced the melee wall tether with tethering to the ledge, which is unfortunate because low tether on dreamland and FOD was a great recovery mixup. It seems to be the same in ultimate

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Maybe it's just my experience, but the ledge tether feels really inconsistent this time around. For both Young Link and ZSS, I seem to be tethering through the stage and not hooking onto it fairly often, or tethering and then immediately letting go for some reason. I thought it might just be accidental inputs, but it's happened fairly regularly.

LILI

Smash Rookie
Not sure if anyone noticed already, YL instantly draws a bomb while dropping trough platforms. (still has the draw animation, but no lag from dropping what so ever)
Seems pretty cool so far, because you do it while moving. Sorry for my bad english and for not adding a clip, but its pretty easy to do, just press down and b shortly afterwards while standing on a platform.

YL can double jump, throw down a bomb and catch it again by fastfalling

Sorry for the spam, but I'm trying out a bit of stuff with the bombs and they damage you when you throw them down and explode or leave them in your hand. But they won't do any dmg when an enemy gets hit bye the bomb itself (not the explosion, the pure bomb). So you can stand right next to them and don't take dmg while they do.
Also the bomb does more dmg when they are hit directly.

Bombs actually don't explode when you throw them forward while standing or walking. So they lay on the ground as they did in melee.
Basically, the angle decides whether they explode or not. You can throw them onto platforms without exploding when you do it from the correct height.

Doesnt seem very useful though because the time for picking them up again is very short.

Neloht

Smash Rookie
Young link's bomb does hit multiple times, in fact four times. Go into training mode to see this. After the first hit, the second one comes out 2 frames later, then the third hit comes out another 2 frames later, and the last hit comes out 2 frames later (Use frame advance to see this).

1st hit deals 2.7%
2nd hit deals 2.7%
3rd hit deals 2.7%
4th hit deals 2.7%

Top Bottom