• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Young Link Hand Speed Drill

LukeStormwalker

Smash Rookie
I generally see Young Link played at a pretty slow pace, which is fine, I believe that it's important to be able to slow down the match as Young Link, but I also feel that he has a lot of speed that would be useful to help apply a lot of pressure onto your opponents. I started doing a drill that helps hand speed and technical proficiency as Young Link. All you have to do is pull a bomb and z-juggle it between all of your aerials before it blows up. This sounds pretty simple but is somewhat difficult to pull off. Below I will go into more specific explanation of how to do this.

Start by pulling a bomb, and then short hop right away. At the peak of your short hop, press grab to drop the bomb and then immediately nair to pick the bomb back up (you have to fully release grab before doing the nair, otherwise you will get a zair instead, which does not pick up the bomb). After picking up the bomb with nair, press down to fast fall to the ground. Repeat this with all of your aerials (I go nair>fair>uair>bair>dair and use the c stick for all of the aerials after nair), the goal is to land on the ground with dair before the bomb blows up.

Keep practicing this drill, and be sure to ask if you have any questions that I may be able to help with. I hope that if you use this that it improves your speed, tech skill, and pressure game on Young Link so that others can see truly how fast this character can be.

Top Bottom