• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Young Link Gameplay Trailer

Votega

Smash Rookie
NNID
Votega
Generally, if we believe Zero/M2K/ect, they made the landing lag universally less for most moves on most characters, because it's the closest thing to L-canceling, without being as stupid as L-canceling.

As M2K said, L-Canceling is just done, anytime, ever. There is no reason not to. It's like pot of greed, a nobrainer no strategy. Making all landing lags universal fast, seems good enough.
Yeah, I'm mostly making observations from a Melee player's perspective and I 100% agree with you. Just happy that I get to keep my hands.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
How do you guys feel about his scale? I think he took some of Ridley's volume. It's a bummer that they didn't keep the illusion that he is a pint sized hero next to the other Links, I think his arms might be thicker than Champion Link's....

https://www.screencast.com/t/RPGfn0fww9t
Well Young Link was actually fairly tall in Melee to begin with, being equal to Mario's height. On top of that, Link seems to have got his own height shorten as well in Ultimate (maybe to reference him being quiet short in BOTW)
this is the best size comparison for Link and Y.Link in Melee I could find https://i.ytimg.com/vi/sLJbCbNps1Q/hqdefault.jpg

Personal, think Young Link might have gotten a height boost to fight his role as the in between of Link and Toon Link

:135:

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Are you referring to his character trailer? Idk, sort of seems like it's still single. Then again, I can't watch it at a high enough quality to tell

:135:

Jamison

Banned via Warnings
I could see YL slightly tuned to be more like Melee Adult Link. It would be hard to justify certain changes like weight or character model size. But his hookshot, spin attack, bombs, could all be slightly adjusted to more match what Link was. I feel Adult Link could leave a little bit of void BC of how significant his changes are. Either way I just kind of hope that YL and Toon LInk have some significant differences to keep them both unique.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
My only disappointment is that he's still based on Ocarina of Time, rather than Majora's Mask. the Deku Shield and Sword are nostalgic, yes, but I'd much rather see his equipment from Majora's Mask, with a Great Deity Mask final smash to boot.

Since Link is now BotW, Toon Link is Windwaker, Zelda is ALBW, Ganondorf is OoT and Sheik is, at least aesthetically, still very much TP, I feel like giving Young Link some MM flair would round everything out quite nicely.

(Still calling Impa from SS as an Echo Character.)
Probably just wanted to be faithful to his melee design. The one thing that really bugs me is that YL hookshot is from Ocarina of TIme instead of Majora's Mask, Young Link never used the OoT hookshot.

1FC0

Smash Lord
Young Link has 2 taunts were he uses a healing item yet none of them heal him.

Top Bottom