• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Young Link Discussion

rhan

Smash Hero
I used my tag while I was on the stream. Lmaoooo. Used Pit and Link. Those were like my two favorites of the game so far. And I played some Samus but I wanted to try out ZZS. She looked so complicated though.

Pit though is my favorite so far.

Also my location mannnnnn! XD

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I wasn't watching the stream, so I didn't know you were there. :p

I also don't really look at locations on swf lol

Went to ECSS3 today. I've only been playing melee "competitively" for about a year or more. This was my first melee tourney. Here's how it went.

i entered melee doubles and singles; lost both. went to loser's brackets, lost those as well.

i hate Fox, Falco, and Puff.

In doubles, my partner and I (Geko) both used samus, but I also went sheik a few times and ganon once. I got ***** by shines with ganon. In one of my sets, It was me and geko vs moe and depack who used puff and falco. I got grabbed by falco and rested from the grab. ;~; got ***** in a few other sets and stuff. all in all, i never won a bracket but I did win a few sets in friendlies and some doubles in friendlies.

I got dragged offstage by moe's puff with a string of bairs on YS :[

In singles, I went mostly sheik but still lost. :/

I had a lot of fun there though. I spent like $37 total. 10 for singles, 20 for doubles, 3 for food, and 4 for money matches against geko. he owes me 6 dollars because I payed for his half of the doubles but took the 4 dollars i owed him from MMs out of his debt to me. lol.

Also, I am probably going to drop samus as my main because I'm better with sheik but will still use samus as my secondary.

I'm surprised you didn't use Toon Link in Project M. He's a hybrid of YL and TL. lol

rhan

Smash Hero
I don't like TL at all. His play stayle and character design. Plus I couldn't get his recovery right. I played him a few times because someone in the chat wanted me to play him. But I just couldn't make it work.

Link's so much better imo anyway. Pit's just amazingly good. Nair sets up for everything.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Hey rhan, could you accept my contact on skype (Synthro_) so I can talk to you about your session with playing Project M with GHNeko. I wanted to talk to you about Toon Link and Pit specifically.

rhan

Smash Hero
Possibly playing Melee tomorrow since about 3 weeks ago. Anything I should remember until then? lol I've been playing too much Starcraft.. I don't really remember what a controller feels like in my hands..

SnakeMan

Smash Cadet
Sup guys. Im kinda new to the swf boards.

Just wanted to say howdy and that im looking forward to hopefully repping some ylink at tourneys in the near future!

Is anyone currently maining the "yung buck" in tournaments with success right now?

I know armada plays him, but I think just as a secondary/pocket character...

:phone:

Degree

Smash Apprentice
Is anyone currently maining the "yung buck" in tournaments with success right now?

I know armada plays him, but I think just as a secondary/pocket character...

Nobody's really using him in major national success right now, he just happens to be a very good counterpick to Jigglypuff but if Armada tried using him against most other characters you'd see why Young Link is where he is on the tier list. D20 is one of the more well known YL mains but Armada shows a good way to move the character around as well, which is crucial to YL winning anything; using projectiles to control the stage.

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
YL isn't a counter to jigs, its just a favorable matchup.

PS: Armada beating Hbox at Genesis 2, the only timeouts I've ever been excited for.

G

genkaku

How do YLs feel about the puff MU?
I mean, puffs are at a loss as to how to deal with it, haha. That ain't falco.
What consistent options does she have?

G

genkaku

crush, you've gone and personally convinced me that you don't know anything. Please stop posting.

strawhats

Smash Master
How do YLs feel about the puff MU?
I mean, puffs are at a loss as to how to deal with it, haha. That ain't falco.
What consistent options does she have?
you mean hbox is at a loss with how to deal with it. Its more of a hbox counter. I feel that if mango actually cares to use puff, he'd do much better dealing with the MU, simply becaause he adapts like a mutha fuker, and he's smart as hell.

SnakeMan

Smash Cadet
I feel like any MU where ylink is faster than the opposing character is a good/winnable MU.

With jiggz, campy is prolly best, cuz the only thing you have to look out for is rest or WOP, so keep your distance and spam until they're at KO percentages.

rhan

Smash Hero
Nothing really. Graduated boot camp yesterday and about to ship out to FL later on tonight. Just enjoying Chicago until I depart.

rhan

Smash Hero
Do so! I'm so out of practice... I'm going to be so bad this first month in everything I do... :(

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Unfortunately, I'll have to use my VHS set up unless my friend can loan me his dazzle/easycap/w.e he's using. Sorry for the quality in advance. :laugh:

rhan

Smash Hero
I use Pinnacle. It's an amazing and easy software. And thanks Cho. So hype to play all the FL peeps in the near future now.

rhan

Smash Hero
It's not free. But I think I remember paying maybe 40-60 for it. But it's well worth it in my opinion. The quality is really good. It's simple. Set up is easy. You just need to buy 3 Y splitters and 3 double male end AV/IN cords so you can have it record and still play through the TV.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hmmm, sounds simple enough. i haven't gotten into recording much but that sounds like a good investment.

rhan

Smash Hero
^^ sarcasm? lol

Once I get o play with the FL guys and get on a live stream you guys can see how much knowledge I retained. Hopefully I'm not too bad in Smash as I am in Starcraft now. Smash is like riding a bike though so I'm not too concerned.

rhan

Smash Hero
It kind of is for me. Cuz I've been playing it since 2005. So yeah... I can't forget something I've been on almost non stop. lmaooo

That wasn't suppose to be taken negatively if it was.

Top Bottom