• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Young Link Advice/Questions

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
I feel this board has died since the closing of the one thread, so here we go.

I really like to use boomerang alot. Especially when my opponent is on the ledge, it covers so many options they have,
I mostly just use bombs and boomerang. I heard Ylinks arrow is good, but I think Cactuar was just trollin like usual.

What is the best way to tech chase falco? Dthrow? I usually Dthrow tech chase but I was wondering if Uthrow had more frame advantage.

Give eachother advice/ questions.

SnakeMan

Smash Cadet
Ylinks arrow is really good imo. Good damage and hitstun, its that fiya yo. Arrowing on the ground does violate a fundamental principle of melee, which is dont stop moving, so I like to set them up with other projectiles. For example, throw out the 'rang horizontally, follow it with fullhop arrow(uncharged), landing with a nair.

Idk, I just feel like using all the projectiles in various combinations with each other covers each projectiles inherent weaknesses, while also keeping the opponent on their toes.

:phone:

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
Yeah that's how we gotta use them projectiles. I'm just trying to find some definite traps to use with each projectile.
I've been thinking about messing around with SH bomb throw>arrow and see what happens.
One thing to do with Ylink that's fun is to SH and drop a bomb, land real quick, and grab it :p

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
I wasn't kidding when I said his arrow is ridiculously good. I use it a lot after I tap someone with nair and they are about to land. If you start charging as soon as you are out of nair, you can cover all of their options with the arrow. If they roll away, it is free damage. If they tech in place or roll in, you can combo out of it. If they don't tech, you can just wait like a baus.

Aside from that, I basically use uncharged arrows like Akuma's air fireball and douche the **** out of people with it. Hold a bomb and fire uncharged arrows, z-drop bomb, do moves.

It is also great for edgeguarding because it is safe as ****, and it stuns long enough to combo into an offstage nair or dair or whatever, which is basically a guaranteed kill.

Of his projectiles, my favorite is the arrow, and least favorite is the boomerang. Boomerang gets countered so easily and just puts you in lag. Arrow will interrupt **** in the exact areas you need it to be interrupted, and you regain control mad fast after you shoot.

To me, boomerang is only good when you are already holding a bomb and just want **** to be flying around.

SH bomb throw to arrow sounds bad. Doing that sounds more like you are reducing your own options rather than restricting the opponents... You are covering barely any of the approach area...

Top Bottom