• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Youmacon 2012 AKA Youmacon Battle Opera

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Hey everyone,

Me, Keitaro and the Apex staff were hired by Youmacon to head up their Super Smash Bros. events at their convention. We want all of you guys to attend. This will be something amazing as Youmacon is set to be huge for those who are casual gamers and those who are into the more competitive scene. We will have tournaments the entire weekend with cash prizes so do NOT be left out.

What is Youmacon?

Youmacon 2012 will be held at both The Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center, and at Cobo Center. Last year, attendees started drawing in by the dozen, eventually filling the Mariott to capacity; that's over 10,000 otakus in one area at the same time! From cosplay contests, 24-hour gaming arcades, to music and anime panels, you name it! Everything you could ever want, right here in the Midwest as one of the fastest-growing anime conventions across the country! So from November 1-4, DMG will be sure to see you there to take part in all the action!

Here is the site for info on this awesome convention!
http://www.youmacon.com/index

Remember in order to enter the tournament you HAVE to buy a convention badge. To do so go here

http://youmacon.com/registration/index

Prices are as follows :

Online Registration

Three Day March 1- June 30: $50
Three Day July 1 - September 15: $55
Platinum: $120

At-The-Door Registration

Three Day: $60
Friday $30
Saturday: $40
Sunday: $20

EVENT INFO:

Event: Youmacon 2012
When: November 1-4, 2012
Where: Renaissance Center (21,000 sq ft)
100 West Renaissance Detroit, Michigan 48243
(313) 568-8000

Prices :

Super Smash Bros. Melee |Singles| - $10
Super Smash Bros. Brawl |Singles| - $10
Super Smash Bros. Melee |Doubles| - $10 (Per Person)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl |Doubles| - $10 (Per Person)

Rules :

http://www.apex-series.com/rules/rules-melee/
http://www.apex-series.com/rules/rules-brawl/

Tournament Start Times :

Saturday
10:00 Smash Melee Doubles
1:00 Smash Melee Singles
4:00 Smash Brawl Doubles
7:00 Smash Brawl Singles

Sunday
Top 8s

Closing ceremony after final matches

JTsm

Smash Master
I'll be there for sure.

MI brawl scene will be there most likely :joyful:

Jawsome

Smash Apprentice
There's gonna be a legit tourney at Youma this year!!!!!!!!!! Get hype!!!! Pre-party and afterparty in my room haha

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
it's a con that is why you should come out...its going to be fun and for 3 days you can enter a legit tournament and meet TONS of famous people you like Travis...did you see who is coming?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
This tournament is going to be absolutely amazing! I've been talking about this with people for a bit, glad to see the official thread up since everything is all squared away.

For those of you questioning this, this is indeed an anime/gaming convention. This being said though, the tournament is going to be TOP NOTCH. This is being ran and streamed by the Apex Staff. This means we've got tournament hosts like Alex Strife, Keitaro, and D1 working on hosting the Smash events, and I'll be streaming both Melee and Brawl.

Be sure that you register ahead of time, as you do save money. Tournament registration is the day of, you just need entry to the convention prior online (or the day of if you pay extra). Might seem like a steep thing, but remember this is entry to the whole convention. And unlike many cons, Youmacon is open 24-7! Meaning once you get there, you're partying the entire time. This is truly going to be an experience unlike any other!

Sarix

Smash Ace
I also heard Dominon Gaming was going to be there for Street Fighter as well. The gaming scene at Youmacon will be huge this year.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Yooooo the Saturday Night Rave at Youmacon is Legen... wait for it... dary.

I'm getting a 3 day pass so I'm ****ing pumped.

rsr2

Smash Lord
If things go well, I may be able to attend this. I just hope my schedule at work will change and I work mornings. If I do I will be there <3

TheMann

Smash Ace
Man, a legit tourney at Youma!? I'm happy but kinda sad too lol. The 2 times I went to Youmacon the tourneys paid for my whole experience. No more free con for me :/

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I need a legit partner as well. I also live closer to Youmacon than anyone here. So I can house....but I may get a hotel room anyway.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
If my NJ Leap of Faith crew mate False is able to make this we won't be losing to anyone :D

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Well, I guess you could say...

*puts on sunglasses :cool:*

That statement is False.

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

:phone:

rsr2

Smash Lord
Well the good news happened. I am swapping to first shift at work which means I will have weekends off. All I need now is a driver for this and I am 100% going to this <3

Super Kawaii

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
And here I was hoping I'd get some free money this year.

I mean, it's still free, but now I have to break a couple familiar faces, and that's just not cool.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
False is officially confirmed for this.

NJ/NY's lower ranks gonna beat Michigan. Rayquaza I'm getting my revenge here or at PS5 if I can make it to that. Same goes for you Tech Chase. I'm never getting grabbed.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Michigan we need to go all out and defend our state from these EC invaders. We will rally the troops and defeat all who oppose us.

That means we may need to root for Rayquaza if he shows.

Top Bottom