• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"You wouldn't know what real music is if it came up and hit you in the face." - Squidward Support Thread

Do you think Squidward will become a DLC fighter?

• Yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
The Squidward Tentacles Support Thread

Who is Squidward?
Squidward Tentacles is one of the main characters of the animated series, SpongeBob SquarePants. He is SpongeBob and Patrick's neighbor and SpongeBob's coworker at the Krusty Krab, where he works as a cashier. His hobbies are painting and playing the clarinet.

Why Squidward?
Squidward is one my favorite Nickelodeon characters and is also one of the most requested characters for this game like Jimmy, Timmy and Rocko and he's pretty much in the top 3 of requested SpongeBob characters. I also think Squidward has some great moveset potential.

Moveset ideas.
Squidward can take a lof of inspiration for his moveset from the show and even some other platform fighters. The best character to take inspiration from is from Octodad's Fraymakers moveset. Below I will show some of my ideas for some of his moves.

Light Neutral Attack: Kick

If SpongeBob and Patrick can have some attacks based of memes, then so can Squidward. This is just a basic kick as a reference towards the "janky hitbox" meme.

Light Down Attack: Squidward Live!

A down attack with a lot of range.

Strong Neutral Attack: Pizza.

A basic strong attack.

Strong Down Attack: Painting Smash
(no image)
Squidward takes one of his paintings and smashes it into his opponents. It has less range then his Light Down Attack.

Special Neutral Attack: Clarinet

Squidward plays his clarinet which will shoot out a note towards. There's a small change he'll play a note in E Minor. This will temporarily stun the player.

Special Up Attack: Airblower

Squidward uses an airblower to fly into the air. It doesn't do a lot of damage.

Costume ideas.
Here are a couple of costumes Squidward could come with:​
  • Band Geeks
  • Artist
  • Football
  • Dancing Outfit
  • Porter
  • Jester (This is technically a different character, but I'm willing to ignore that)
  • Handsome

Support List
Geoffrey Druyts Geoffrey Druyts

Last edited:
Top Bottom