• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You Looked At It - Enderman (Minecraft)

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
….and there's no pumpkin.

Out of the mobs, Endermen are my favorite Minecraft monster and figured why not make a thread. In-game, Endermen are tall and intimidating but are a pretty neutral bunch. Walking/teleporting everywhere minding their business somewhat, always fascinated with random objects that it's kinda cute watching them pick up and stack things. It's all nice 'til they turn around and the fun happens...
Endermen are not fans of you staring at their purple eyes. Rude! First they'll growl an unholy growl then teleport and begin scratching/biting your hide off. Chase you to the ends of the cube-shaped Earth they will out of terrifying shyness!

Since Endermen always hold blocks and using only their limbs would be weird-looking, this one should be unique to use a block as a weapon for his normal and specials.

For Normal:
Jab: shove the block in the enemy's face repeatedly.
Side A: Enderman lunges it's head forward with a chargeable bite attack.
Up A: uppercut opponent with the block, launching them in the air.
Down A: slam the block down hard.

For the specials:
Neutral B: Cactus Block - chucks a prickly plant at opponents.

Side B: Stone Block - you'll remember a move called Rock Smash belonging to Charizard in Smash 4 where he could spawn a boulder to headbutt and shatter. Since he doesn't have it in Ultimate, figure might as well give it to someone else so why not Enderman with stone blocks.

Up B: Teleportation - When they get on edge, they about use it non-stop but to make it fair gameplay-wise give this Enderman 3-4 short teleport bursts before it goes into cooldown.

Down B: TNT Block - drop a lit TNT that you and your opponent can pick up and toss before it explodes.

Grabs
Uses it's long arms & legs to coil around the opponent.

Pummel: opens it's mouth and bites down repeatedly.

Down: shrieks in the opponent's face to make them faint briefly.

Up: two other Endermen show up and together all 3 toss the opponent up into the sky. The two then disappear.

Side: casually tosses ya straight forward.

Final Smash: The End - A large version of the End Portal consumes the stage, the background is shrouded in darkness. The Ender Dragon rises from the bottom and hovers over to spew fire the contestants have to avoid.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Tankdank

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7959-0645-5771
Maybe a down throw where the opponent is grounded and it generates a dirt block that does a small amount of damage? Rest of it sounds great though.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Maybe a down throw where the opponent is grounded and it generates a dirt block that does a small amount of damage? Rest of it sounds great though.
Upon impact with the ground makes a dirt block pick up item. That can work too though the dirt block I was thinking being his default block for the normal attacks. Hmmm.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
If I was told last year's October when I made this thread that this was gonna foreshadow Enderman being in Smash ON THIS YEAR'S OCTOBER, I would've been skeptical as frig. I'm still trying to process this.

And also, thanks everybody.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
This might just be the shortest thread pre-confirmed that an announced character ever had.
It might be, or at least it's tied for that record. The Luminary's was just as long - there were only three posts before he was confirmed. (I'm not counting cases like Wii Fit Trainer or Piranha Plant, where as far as I can tell, they didn't even have a support thread)

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I wasn't for Steve getting in as playable because I wanted to see other characters as DLC first, but I love the Enderman alt. I will only be using this.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
This is the most woke speculation-to-real character thread I have ever seen. Congrats to M00NFIRE94 and Tankdank for wanting Enderman as a playable character in Smash before anyone else even considered it.

Top Bottom