• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You Know the Drill - Jill (Drill Dozer) Support Thread

PF9

Smash Lord

In 2005 (2006 in NA), a game called Drill Dozer came out in the last stages of the Game Boy Advance's life. Its protagonist was Jill. In this game, you had to collect some diamonds from an evil gang called the Skullkers.

The game was developed by Game Freak, best known for Pokemon. Jill had an appearance in Brawl as an Assist Trophy, but beyond that has had no other appearances.

This thread is here to pledge your support for Jill in Smash Switch, if you please.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Still support Jill and Drill Dozer! Still wonder why NO reference was made to her in Smash 4 though...

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Wow, I can’t believe I hadn’t come to this thread yet! Jill would be one of the most unique characters in Smash. I’m worried some might see Bowser Jr. as stealing her thunder, though.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Bowser Jr. is fighting Mario, and all is going as planned until Bowser Jr. grabs Mario, uses his down throw (the drill), and Mario is knocked off screen. we cut from gameplay to CG, Bowser Jr. laughs over his victory, but then gets poked by a small hand wearing a yellow glove, he looks back and notices Jill leaning out her Drill Dozer and looking at him with a disapproving expression. Jill gets back in her Drill Dozer and starts spinning her drill, causing the HUD from Drill Dozer to appear, shifting to 2nd gear as Bowser Jr. spins around on the drill, eventually becoming a blur, then Jill shifts to 3rd gear and launches Bowser Jr. into the sky. we then see gameplay footage of Jill drilling through her foes.
B: Screw Breaker: Jill spins her drill for 3 seconds, she can move back and forth while like this, but she will always be facing the same direction as when she started it.
Up B: Drill Propeller: Jill spins upwards using the Drill Propeller, very slow, but reaches high when not cancelled, and is very powerful having foes kept in place by the drill
Side B: Drill Jump: Jill spins her drill and jumps, works like Diddy Kong's side B when pressed twice, but with foes kept in place by the drill
Down B: Gear Up!: Jill can gear up with this move. can be done 2 times, first to shift her into 2nd gear, second to shift her into 3rd gear. now she can cancel out her B move into a more powerfull drill. one difference from the game is that you can shift up at the end of your maximum gear to let foes go. the gears take increasingly more seconds to gear up into, and will be reset after a KO
Final Smash: Red Dozer Truck: Jill calls the Red Dozers, who drive their giant truck by, grounding any foes caught, then reversing, causing launchback to any grounded foe and grounding any non-grounded foes

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Bowser Jr. is fighting Mario, and all is going as planned until Bowser Jr. grabs Mario, uses his down throw (the drill), and Mario is knocked off screen. we cut from gameplay to CG, Bowser Jr. laughs over his victory, but then gets poked by a small hand wearing a yellow glove, he looks back and notices Jill leaning out her Drill Dozer and looking at him with a disapproving expression. Jill gets back in her Drill Dozer and starts spinning her drill, causing the HUD from Drill Dozer to appear, shifting to 2nd gear as Bowser Jr. spins around on the drill, eventually becoming a blur, then Jill shifts to 3rd gear and launches Bowser Jr. into the sky. we then see gameplay footage of Jill drilling through her foes.
B: Screw Breaker: Jill spins her drill for 3 seconds, she can move back and forth while like this, but she will always be facing the same direction as when she started it.
Up B: Drill Propeller: Jill spins upwards using the Drill Propeller, very slow, but reaches high when not cancelled, and is very powerful having foes kept in place by the drill
Side B: Drill Jump: Jill spins her drill and jumps, works like Diddy Kong's side B when pressed twice, but with foes kept in place by the drill
Down B: Gear Up!: Jill can gear up with this move. can be done 2 times, first to shift her into 2nd gear, second to shift her into 3rd gear. now she can cancel out her B move into a more powerfull drill. one difference from the game is that you can shift up at the end of your maximum gear to let foes go. the gears take increasingly more seconds to gear up into, and will be reset after a KO
Final Smash: Red Dozer Truck: Jill calls the Red Dozers, who drive their giant truck by, grounding any foes caught, then reversing, causing launchback to any grounded foe and grounding any non-grounded foes
Wow, this looks really attractive for a moveset for Jill! Also, loving this reveal trailer!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Wow, this looks really attractive for a moveset for Jill! Also, loving this reveal trailer!
thanks! I'm also thinking it'd be cool to have Smash Taunts like Snake and Pit's, with the Red Dozers teaching Jill her foes' weak spots as well as making silly quips, just like how they explain how different blocks and gimmicks work in Drill Dozer.

also, what stage would you want for Jill? I want Metal City myself, but I can see Art Museum or the Tutorial Stage being more popular choices.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
User was warned for this post

In 2005 (2006 in NA), a game called Drill Dozer came out in the last stages of the Game Boy Advance's life. Its protagonist was Jill. In this game, you had to collect some diamonds from an evil gang called the Skullkers.

The game was developed by Game Freak, best known for Pokemon. Jill had an appearance in Brawl as an Assist Trophy, but beyond that has had no other appearances.

This thread is here to pledge your support for Jill in Smash Switch, if you please.
I AM Raheem The Perfect Legendary Godlike Magical Kid Dream!

Count me in as good supporter to be in the list for Jill

to be confirmed in Smash for Switch & hopefully 3DS/WiiU versions for future updated patch wishful believing for Nintendo to make a MONEY $ TREE DLC!

P.S: #Jill4Smash5 & #GoodLuck

Mod Edit: Don’t post links advertising other character support threads and/or videos:

Last edited by a moderator:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I still support Jill, though I'm not very positive about her inclusion, because her franchise has been ignored for 1 generation and half and has never been that popular in the first place, and because Bowser Junior's moveset already covers 90% of the reasons that would have made Jill a unique fighter.
Also Susie from the Kirby series is another possible spotlight-stealing character for Jill.

Extremely low chance of being a newcomer, but I still support, she's a cool character and Drill Dozer is a cool game.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I still support Jill, though I'm not very positive about her inclusion, because her franchise has been ignored for 1 generation and half and has never been that popular in the first place, and because Bowser Junior's moveset already covers 90% of the reasons that would have made Jill a unique fighter.
Also Susie from the Kirby series is another possible spotlight-stealing character for Jill.

Extremely low chance of being a newcomer, but I still support, she's a cool character and Drill Dozer is a cool game.
I personally expect that Drill Dozer will gain a bigger fandom in a few years time. 13 years is a pretty short time for a commercial flop to gain a following, in fact, the 22 year old Mole Mania (another personal favourite of mine) has only just started to pick up traction, and that's been a very slow process!

MarineIris

Smash Cadet
Another supporter here! I absolutely adore Drill Dozer and I would play no one but Jill until the end of time if she was playable. At least bring her back as an Assist Trophy.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I wonder why Jill was totally removed from Smash 4. Like, she didn't even return as an AT, if nothing else...

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I support. I really like Drill Dozer, playing it on the Wii U Virtual Console for the first time. If by a small fraction of a chance she is in as playable, I want her gimmick of three different levels of Gear incorporated somehow.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Here’s hoping if she isn’t playable she’ll be back as an AT. Drill Dozer is a forgotten gem and it’s a shame not that many people hear about it. (Can we get a sequel?)

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I enjoyed her game and think she'd make a fun character. At the very least, if she isn't playable, her AT should return.

WideMouthInk

Smash Cadet
Have my doubts Jill will be a playable character in Smash. Unless Game Freak really pushes for a sequel/reboot.

But I do want her to at least come back as an assist trophy. Would be better than just letting her disappear into obscurity all together.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Have my doubts Jill will be a playable character in Smash. Unless Game Freak really pushes for a sequel/reboot.

But I do want her to at least come back as an assist trophy. Would be better than just letting her disappear into obscurity all together.
Yeah. Sometimes, it's better to come back as an AT than to not come back at all.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Wow, I can’t believe I hadn’t come to this thread yet! Jill would be one of the most unique characters in Smash. I’m worried some might see Bowser Jr. as stealing her thunder, though.
Not really, especially with a gear shifting gimmick.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Jill is not an AT again. This means that she can realistically get in as a DLC character. Weirdly enough, she is not even a Spirit. She is one of 6 past ATs (the others being Infantry & Tanks, Magnus, Elec Man, Helirin, and Excitebikes) to not be a Spirit.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Also, over 700 Spirits have been confirmed and Jill still hasn't shown up. This is surprising because there are characters more obscure than she is who are Spirits.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Also, over 700 Spirits have been confirmed and Jill still hasn't shown up. This is surprising because there are characters more obscure than she is who are Spirits.
You sure? I thought she’d been spotted already.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
my best guess as to the lack of a Jill spirit, and this also applies to her AT, is copyright issues with Game Freak. Nintendo aren't Disney, and can't afford every single character and brand, regardless of whether they own half the copyright or whatever. (in fact, I'm pretty sure Nintendo only owns the copyright to the GAME Drill Dozer, not the characters and settings) - this can be supported by the lack of non-Pokemon Game Freak spirits of any kind

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
my best guess as to the lack of a Jill spirit, and this also applies to her AT, is copyright issues with Game Freak. Nintendo aren't Disney, and can't afford every single character and brand, regardless of whether they own half the copyright or whatever. (in fact, I'm pretty sure Nintendo only owns the copyright to the GAME Drill Dozer, not the characters and settings) - this can be supported by the lack of non-Pokemon Game Freak spirits of any kind
I’m pretty sure Tempo from HarmoKnight got a Spirit though.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Man I loved this game so much. Surprising we haven't seen her spirit yet, but to be fair I doubt we have seen all of them. She may still be there. If the game Launches and shes not in... that would be surprising. Given how she has appeared in a smash game before should make her a shoe in for a spirit. Barbara the bat is a spirit.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
If she's a Spirit, then that doesn't matter, in my opinion at least.
Yeah, I understand. AFAIK, this doesn't really de-confirm Jill in any way. Then again, I'm just glad that she (and Tempo from HarmoKnight, GameFreak's other Nintendo owned-non-PKMN IP) managed to get any form of representation in Smash at all.

In fact, I think that Jill (alongside all of the other cut-from Smash 4-ATs) appear to have become Spirits, so that's neat to see.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Reviving this long long LONG comatose thread to say sign me up. Drill dozer was such a fun game, and really we need other gamefreak games OTHER then pokemon in smash. She would be a fun character i think too, playing differently from Bowser Jr

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Reviving this long long LONG comatose thread to say sign me up. Drill dozer was such a fun game, and really we need other gamefreak games OTHER then pokemon in smash. She would be a fun character i think too, playing differently from Bowser Jr
You know, it's because Bowser Jr. (and the Koopalings) that my want for Jill went up. I'm sure one could make it so that she (and her Drill Dozer) play way differently from the Junior Clown Car.

Top Bottom