• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You have been disconnected due to irregular save data.

Qnez

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gunzelino
3DS FC
4511-0457-1518
So, I got Mewtwo, and this happened.
I tried mewtwo online when I first got it a few hours ago and no problem. But then I went to do his 1P stuff. After I did 10 man smash with him I noticed my all around GSP turned to 0. Since then I can't go online anymore.
The GSP in my records in the vault for 10 man smash still says the right amount though.
Not sure what to do.

drroog18

Smash Rookie
ugggghhhh happened to me to, 10 man smash was literally the very first thing i went to, havent even tried him online yet

Qnez

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gunzelino
3DS FC
4511-0457-1518
okay, its not in the 3ds version, and its not just me. hope it gets fixed soon

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately, I'm getting the same message. :(

I can't be sure exactly what caused it though, as I played practically every other game mode with Mewtwo before I tried to go online.

themoocowman

Smash Rookie
NNID
themoocowman
I'm on the phone with Nintendo support right now! I'll post a summary of the conversation and, hopefully, the solution when it's over.

EDIT: So I just got off the phone with a guy from Nintendo Support, and though he was really nice and helpful, he had no idea how to fix this issue. He had me try a lot of different things like moving the save data to a USB and deleting the update and redownloading it. Nothing worked. After 40+ minutes on the phone he determined the task futile and sent the situation to the back office (whatever that means) so they could look at it and figure out a solution. He confirmed it had something to do with the Mewtwo download, but didn't really have any insight past that. The "back office" should be contacting me within the next day. I was told I was the first one to call with this issue, so maybe other people should give them a ring and try to get some more answers.
It's probably worth it to try moving the save data or delete the update and trying again. It didn't work for me, but it might for you! I'll post whatever email I get from the mysterious back office when it comes in!

Last edited:

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the info man. I imagine this issue will become more prevalent after a few days, when people have played other game modes with Mewtwo and then tried to go back online (at least that's what it seems like is causing the problem). Hopefully by then Nintendo will have received many calls like yours about it and will throw out a quick fix.

KieRanaRan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KieRanaRan
3DS FC
0662-3728-1857
I'm getting this problem. No idea what it means or how to fix it :/

Aphistemi

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterOfTheToots
Yep, me too, went to 10 man smash and tried to go online, now I'm getting that messages, so lame...

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
Here's a comment in a relevant thread in the smashbros subreddit:

"This happened to me. It says I have a GSP of zero.

This is likely because your "total score" is actually subtractive in the 10- and 100- man smash. What it does is, after completing 10 or 100-man smash with every character, it adds up all the times and displays your total time. You can then whittle down this total time by getting better scores with various characters.

But because of Mewtwo, the definition of "every character" is wonky. So the GSP for this "total time" just displays as zero. And I guess if the game detects a GSP of zero, it detects this as trickery, and won't let you go online.

I imagine that this glitch only effects people who have actually completed either 10- or 100-man smash with every characterm including Mewtwo."

It seems likely this is the explanation for the issue. I guess the dev team were bound to skip over one small thing when preparing the game for another character addition. It's just unlucky that it ends up throwing a red flag for the online service.

Last edited:

Qnez

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gunzelino
3DS FC
4511-0457-1518
Yes, this is the case. I know someone who tested it but that person didn't do it with everybody so nothing happened.
also this does NOT happen in 100-man smash. I tested it. Its only 10 man smash

Mr.J

Smash Apprentice
Well, guess I'm not the only unlucky one here. It's a damn shame to see such a good update go to waste due to a stupid error/glitch.
And the thing is, even if it doesn't have anything to do with the actual data,
it still boggles my mind how such a small error can ruin an entire mode in the game.
This is complete bogus!

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
I wish I had mewtwo to figure this out, but I think the problem may be that many other players don't have him and because of that, other players with mewtwo can't battle online. (As always, I may be wrong.) But just a curiosity, what EXACTLY does not work? is it the GSP's? connecting? Or getting on matches?

Edit: not helpful like I thought I would be. Ignore my post here

Last edited:

Qnez

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gunzelino
3DS FC
4511-0457-1518
Good, its getting some recognition. I'm expecting a fix soon. I'm already seeing more news site talking about this issue.

Fathom778

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPSICANEX2
This happened to my brother. I t'was thinking about going to Nintendo live chat or something, but I checked Smashboards first. Saved alot of time. I say, just let Sakurai do his thing. I bet this will be fixed by Sunday, so I'd just play one of your former other mains.

aydey

Smash Cadet
I really hope this gets fixed soon, only just got internet back yesterday after 7 weeks without and was looking forward to playing some smash online and testing Mewtwo and playing with friends and stuff, such an unfortunate set back

KieRanaRan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KieRanaRan
3DS FC
0662-3728-1857
Managed to fix the problem by deleting my Shared Save Data for the game in the Data Managment section of the Wii U settings. Kinda sucks because, as it suggests, I've lost all my saved data for the game... but the characters are unlocked in no time anyway I guess.

Qnez

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gunzelino
3DS FC
4511-0457-1518
Not really an option for most people, since people who did 10 man smash with everyone most likely are going for all trophies, or already have them. I made a backup of my save when I got them all just in case but I've done so much matches since then that I rather just wait for an update.

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
I did hear that it is affecting some 3DS users too, so I've completely avoided any 1P modes in fear of being locked out of 3DS online. At least I can get my fix for online play from one game.

Last edited:

N7Kopper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
N7Kopper
3DS FC
2895-9534-7967
Seems the glitch relates specifically to completing 10 Man Smash on the Wii U version with every character in the game, as I just completed Mewtwo's 10 Man Smash (obviously, I backed up first) and am having no problems with online modes.

If you want to back up your save data, you'll need enough space on any storage device to copy the entire block of Smash data to (which is far easier if you use the retail version) - and then proceed to delete any data (in the backup, you dunderhead!) that isn't Shared Save Data. And then if you run the game normally on the system's NAND, you'll need to either run it off of USB for a while (deleting any unnecessary data from NAND instead after the copy), or put that Shared Save Data on a second device to stow away safely. Because memory management sucks apparently.

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
Seems the glitch relates specifically to completing 10 Man Smash on the Wii U version with every character in the game, as I just completed Mewtwo's 10 Man Smash (obviously, I backed up first) and am having no problems with online modes.

If you want to back up your save data, you'll need enough space on any storage device to copy the entire block of Smash data to (which is far easier if you use the retail version) - and then proceed to delete any data (in the backup, you dunderhead!) that isn't Shared Save Data. And then if you run the game normally on the system's NAND, you'll need to either run it off of USB for a while (deleting any unnecessary data from NAND instead after the copy), or put that Shared Save Data on a second device to stow away safely. Because memory management sucks apparently.
This happens with the 3DS version too

TheHypnotoad

Smash Ace
Good to hear they're already working on fixing it. I want to get back to playing online.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Don't know why we needed GSP in the first place... SMH

Mr.J

Smash Apprentice
http://nintendoeverything.com/super-smash-bros-update-1-0-7-now-live-for-3ds-and-wii-u/

Good news guys, they've finally released a patch now and it's avaliable once you turn on your Wii U with the internet connection on. So now you'll be able to do basically anything with Mewtwo unless there's new issues in the horizon revolving Mewtwo.

But as of now the problem is actually solved. So you guys can now go online once you've updated your Wii U to the latest update.
So I wish you all the best of luck and I hope we get to meet each other online someday. ;)

Freduardo

Smash Champion
http://nintendoeverything.com/super-smash-bros-update-1-0-7-now-live-for-3ds-and-wii-u/

Good news guys, they've finally released a patch now and it's avaliable once you turn on your Wii U with the internet connection on. So now you'll be able to do basically anything with Mewtwo unless there's new issues in the horizon revolving Mewtwo.

But as of now the problem is actually solved. So you guys can now go online once you've updated your Wii U to the latest update.
So I wish you all the best of luck and I hope we get to meet each other online someday. ;)

Just love your stanley icon.

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
Wooohooo :o) I've been pretty jealous of the players online this past week. I hoped Nintendo would patch this out in a matter of days, but I guess there were some other glitches they had to fix since 1.0.6 hit.

Top Bottom