• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get to pick the final 6 unique newcomers to be added. Who do you choose?

Would you try to use the Smash Ballot if you got to decide the last newcomers?

• Total voters

alguidrag

Smash Ace
My dream would be
1. Isaac
2. Bandana Dee
3. Marx
4. Skull Kid
5. Prince Sablé
6. Shantae

For echoes
1. Felix
2. Ninten
3. Masked man(Mother 3)
4. Any echo for Robin like Celica Soren or Micaiah(even if only celica would work)
5.Shadow the edgyhog
6. Isabele-chan

Last edited:

Vingag

Smash Apprentice
No one person should have this much power. So I'll give a few lists depending on how tyrannically I'd use this.

The Selfish List (Characters that I want, including many that I'd just strong-arm in)
1) Dark Matter from Kirby. This is my most wanted Kirby character, and boy do I love Kirby as a series. Having the ultimate evil show up (and probably have a Zero skin. Yes I'm well aware that these are two different characters) would be excellent, and there's a lot of neat moves to take from the games.

2) Porky! The Mother series needs more representatives if only to get the wider public more interested in Mother so that we can both get an official Mother 3 port, and so we can get a Mother 4! (I know Itoi has claimed that he won't make any other Mother games, but I think there are plenty of developers out there who could make a really loving tribute to this series and continue it in a great tradition. There are more developers who would not, but this is Imaginary-Nintendo land where my imagination can run wild!)

3) Bub from Bubble Bobble! This bubble dragon would have a pretty cool moveset if we're to take from all of his games, giving him not only the ability to breathe bubbles all over the stage but also trap people in rainbows and of course a final smash based off of Puzzle Bobble/Bust a Move. I also see Bub taking the place of a puzzle fighter, meaning that he'd be able to blow different color bubbles and if you get three in a row you'd do more damage.

4) Frogger. Move over Greninja, take a backseat Pac Man, the true frog fighter of Arcadery is here. We'd be using the Frogger model where Frogger is just a frog, a regular frog who has once again found themselves in a terrifying and bizarre situation. Frogger would have high agility (and a decent amount of speed, but more so agility), for his basic attacks they'd use their tongue, and for their specials we'd take moves from all over Froggerdom: I'm talking powerup flies, I'm talking super jumps, I'm talking summoning alligators, I'm talking jumping on top of other frogs. And for the final smash... TRUCKS!

5) Tamagotchi. Everyone favorite(?) virtual pet is here. Different skins would be different Tamagotchis, and for some of their basic attacks they'd take out their egg-shaped container and swing it around or pummel enemies with it. For all of the special moves, though, we'd take them straight from the Tamagotchi games: throwing out candies, throwing balls, making "messes", and of course their final smash: They'd die and become an invincible ghost that would fly throw enemies a la Pac Man or Super Sonic.

6) You, the main character from the Colossal Cave Adventure. Oh, I'm sorry did you think I already had my retro rep in Frogger or in Bub? Puh-lease, I can go so much more retro than the 1981 game Frogger. How about the 1977 text-based adventure game "The Colossal Cave Adventure". This was one of the first big game successes (Right there alongside Pong), and it was a wildly influential and important in the genre of text-based adventure games. "Come on, what would a text-based adventure fighter even LOOK like" you scream to no one in particular. Well allow me to explain: It'd be a blinking rectangle and would write out all of their moves
"Walk left"
"Jump up"
"Duck"
"Use Sword"
"Xyzzy"
"Plugh"
The character literally writes itself! Plus, we already have Mii in the game, why not include You?

The Compromise List (Wherein I pick from characters who actually have a chance in hell to make it):
1) Bandana Waddle Dee. The top of my realistic picks. Like everyone says he's a spear user and his moveset would be very unique to Smash. And forget you and your "Goomba with a hat" argument. If Bandana Dee is a goomba with a hat then so is Captain Toad. Bandana Dee has had a major role in almost every modern Kirby game going back to and beyond Kirby 64. Bandana Dee is the fourth protagonist and a Kirby-in-training.

2) Porky! Yes, it's still Porky. Porky has enough of a chance to make it in. Do I think he will? I think that if "everyone" wasn't here, then he'd almost certainly be there.

3) Eevee. "But he's already in a Pokeball!" you yell, face red in anger. Well you see, there are multiple Eevees in the Pokemon world, so of course there's also multiple Eevees in the Smash world. Let's not forget that originally Eevee was going to be the mascot of Pokemon, that Eevee has been a vital character in the Pokemon anime, and that Eevee's entire concept as being the "Evolution Pokemon" encapsulates so much of Pokemon mechanics. And while we're on the topic of evolution... I'm well aware that part of Eevee's alure is in his eight evolution lines, and I say let's include it in his moveset! Over on the Eevee thread here they think of Eevee as being a summon fighter, but for me I think that Eevee would have "Evolve" almost as a down special, sort of like a Pokemon trainer mechanic but with so many more choices (though it's best to think of it as eight separate echo fighters Eevee would evolve into, in that I think they'd all have similar if not the same basic attacks, but with different specials showing off each Eeveelution). Does Eevee have a chance at making it in? Well he did before being relegated to a Pokeball, and he could still be DLC. If we have hope for Waluigi and Ashley, then we have hope for Eevee.

4) Bub from Bubble Bobble! Oh, what, he's not "likely" enough for this list? Fine. Then ROCKET THE SLIME FROM DRAGON QUEST! So let's remember that Dragon Quest is a long-running RPG series that is wildly popular in Japan and popular-ish in the West. Let's also remember that the Slime is the mascot of this series. Let's also remember that the Slime can be found all over the place in Japan (so can Bub!). Let's also remember that Rocket the Slime is the protagonist of two spin-off titles that did well enough for themselves. The main reason I say "Rocket" and not just "Slime"? So we can get a giant Slime-tank as a final smash.

5) Lip from Panel de Pon. I want a puzzle fighter in Smash real bad, and before all of the Professor Layton supporters (of which I am one. If not on paper then in spirit, but I think I've joined the Layton Puzzle Pals) get upset, we also desperately need more female representation. I suppose we can count the Inkling as a new female fighter (mostly because the Inkling shown in Smash marketing is the female skin), but other than that one half every new female fighter is just an echo of an already existing fighter. Plus, Lip has been climbing up this hill for a long time and when an object named after you gets into every Smash title but not the fairy herself, I think it gives her a bit of an edge over Layton.

6) King Graham from King's Quest. Oh sorry did I say everyone on this list had a chance in Hell? I lied. But King Graham is more likely than You (from Colossal Cave Adventure) since he's an icon of a sorts and King's Quest V was on the SNES. And come on, Point-and-click adventures were a huge part of gaming. They still are a huge part of gaming! And King's Quest was among the best! Plus he'd be a sort-of WTF magic zoner, where he'd have plenty of wand-based basic attacks, but also have all sorts of weirdo projectiles from his games, like cream pies! I can also see him taking the Villagers' pocket move as an "inventory" attack, and maybe there'd be a "Look at" buffer move? I think there's a fascinating historical character here, and I'm only partially saying that because I grew up with King's Quest.

The Ballot List (Wherein I just pick characters from what the people actually want):
1) Bandana Waddle Dee. Still. Bandana Dee has been doing extremely well in Smash Ballots and I will honestly be very surprised if he doesn't get in.

2) Porky! Stop saying Porky won't get in. People like Porky. I like Porky. Porky, Porky, Porky.

3) Paper Mario. Yes, I loved Super Mario RPG as well, but if we're taking from Mario RPGs the more likely candidate is Paper Mario. And why should we be upset at that? Paper Mario's two-dimensional moveset would be killer, like if Mr. Game and Watch had a greater idea of the power he has being a 2D character in a 3D world. Plus: Hammers! If we have three Links, why not have three Marios?

4) Chorus Kids. These little guys are adorable, their games are wildly popular, they were almost included in Smash 4, and they could have an interesting fighting style where if you time your moves with whatever song is playing they'll do more damage. Would that be a nightmare to program? YES! But I do think there could be a lot of cool things involving rhythm.

5) Isaac from Golden Sun. I get it, he'd have a pretty interesting moveset and it could potentially revive the Golden Sun series. You get Isaac. You guys don't get Geno though. I'm sorry.

6) Petra/Toon Zelda. For this one maybe I should have put Skull Kid, or Impa, but I'm still going to exercise some executive control and choose Petra. And it would be almost exclusively Petra. Because I like her potential pirate-based moveset. That would be fun.

So there we have it. Lots of writing. If you want to skip all that, just know that I really want Porky. And Bandana Dee.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
1. Dixie Kong. My most wanted character for this game, she deserves a spot more than most others. A charming character who stands out more than others think.
2. Banjo-Kazooie. A third party who may as well be a Nintendo IP that got robbed by Bill Gates.
3. Sephiroth. Take my favorite game, take it's villain, add in a pinch of heroes vs villains flair and the fact he's one of gaming's most famous bad guys and boom.
4. Tiki. Deserves a Fire Emblem slot more than many lords. Doesn't use a sword and has tons of potential, and is important to the stories of five games. Also best Awakening wife, for what that's worth (great Avatar support, makes a manakete Morgan with awesome growths).
5. Isaac. It's about time he had his due. If we can have the rest of the big seven (Mewtwo, Ridley, K Rool and the cut Brawl three), we can get Isaac.
6. Skull Kid. Majora's Mask is a great game, Majora is a top notch villain, Zelda needs some more love, as it's underrepresented considering it's scale.

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
For me:

Dixie (semi clone)
Skull Kid
Bandana Dee
Banjo-Kazooie

For their fans:

Issac
Geno

(Although I’m sure I’ll become a fan once I finally play their games).

Pretty much all of these characters have a great deal of popularity behind them, and I feel like a roster like this would really sastify the greatest number of people without adding anyone else. Here’s hoping for at least a few of these!

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Gotta go with the big ballot characters that everyone wants, mainly because one of them is the only character I've ever truly wanted in Smash Bros. alongside all the greats and I actually like a lot of the big ballot characters that people are hoping for! Plus, with Ridley, King K. Rool, and Simon Belmont in, a good chunk of the newcomers in already are ones we've all been waiting for a long time! Very excited and hopeful for the rest of the newcomers announced!

1. Issac (Golden Sun) - Literally know next to nothing about the character or series, but I know he's a character people really want in, he'd represent a whole new universe, and it could get me interested in the series enough to actually want to play it!
  2. Geno (Super Mario RPG - Legend of the Seven Stars) - Grew up hearing about this guy but never got to play the game he was from, but seeing a fan mod of him in Smash made me see how cool he would be in this game, and once again, it would make a lot of people happy and hyped!
  3. Paper Mario - I LOVED the original Paper Mario for the N64 and I know he'd play very differently from regular Mario. He already has his stage confirmed in, and with Geno, it would bring the total number of Mario characters, almost all of whom would be unique, to ten! A perfect number for the mascot series of Nintendo!
  4. Rayman - I was never too big on Rayman as a character, but when I saw that fake render of him and a video detailing how cool and unique he'd be in Smash, I got pretty jazzed about him being in! With Ubisoft's current relationship with Nintendo, I would not mind seeing him make it into Smash!
  5. Spring Man/Ribbon Girl - I'm really hoping ARMS gets some representation in Smash at some point, at least as DLC, they're practically made for Smash! I'd like it to be Spring Man and Ribbon Girl as alts like Olimar & Alph and the Koopalings since they'd be practically the same I think.
  6. Banjo & Kazooie - And here we are to the characters I've been wanting to be in Smash since forever, the bear and bird duo of Nintendo 64, Banjo & Kazooie! There's so much potential and amazing things they'd bring to Smash and its criminal they've been out of circulation for so long and not allowed to join in the smashing goodness! Here's hoping Sakurai and Nintendo and Microsoft worked up a deal to allow the bear and bird to come home to a smashing welcome! And thank you everyone who wants them in as much as I do! I'm so jazzed people actually want and hope they'll be in this time! They're the main third party character I want to make it in now that all the big ones have made it in already!

Last edited:

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
I'd go full 3rd party characters we'll never actually get.

1. Master Chief
2. Joker (Persona 5)
3. Travis Touchdown
4. Banjo Kazooie
5. Rayman
6. Shantae

CloudedSun

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jay-Explosion
Switch FC
SW 8009 2151 5629
There's so much Joker support for Persona 5 in these top 6 lists and top 10 lists from another thread... I say if Sakurai does DLC, Joker fans HAVE to rally together.

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
Ok, my most wanted character without being realistic:
1. Kat & Ana
2. Geno
3. Rayman
4. Crash
5. Shantae
6. Decidueye

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Let's do this!

Unique;

1. Skull Kid - Personally my most favourite Zelda character ever. Just find him really interesting and unique, people want him too.
2. Isaac - Popular character since the Brawl days. Found him interesting as a design. His fans deserves it.
3. Geno - Also popular since Brawl. Really hope he gets inn, his fans deserves it too.
4. Lip - Perhaps one of my most wanted because of the gameplay potential. Her fans are pretty chill too.
5. Banjo & Kazooie - It's about time. They deserve it.
6. Doshin the Giant - Would literally want to mess you all up with the best WTF choice out there, and a personal pipe dream.

Honorable mentions; Bandana Waddle Dee, Crash Bandicoot, Heihachi Mishima, Balloon Fighter, Rhythm Heaven rep and Chibi-Robo.

Echo;
(With Chrom being a game changer, think however you want on these!)

1. Dixie Kong - A must for this game. Placed her here because of her build, but I know she can be much more. Think Chrom.
2. Black Shadow - Dying to see more F-Zero representation, and he is indeed a perfect choice.
3. Medusa - Another perfect choice for echo. First female villain, sounds perfect to me!
4. Isabelle - Predictable, but also very popular for good reasons. Sounds like a good fit to me.
5. Shadow - Since he was actually somewhat requested prior to Ultimate and the echo themes.
6. Whoever - I don't have a last one here really. Just fill the void with whoever you see fit.

Last edited:

Essora

Smash Cadet
Isaac, Crono, Hector, Ephraim, Skull Kid

I know, not a super creative list and I can feel the absolute rage that would come from the "there's too much Fire Emblem" crowd at Hector and Ephraim

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
I’d choose

Banjo and Kazooie
Rex & Pyra
Bandana Dee
Shantae
Isaac
Ganon

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
My vanity list:
Joker from Persona 5
Nathan Drake
scorpion
spyro
Crash
Lara Croft

I expect none of these characters to get in, but It's my list and I'll do what I want

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Biased choices
-Midna
-Crash Bandicoot
-Elma
-Impa
-Shantae
-Lara Croft

Reasonable choices
-Bandanna Dee
-Isaac
-Elma
-Geno
-Skull Kid
-Banjo & Kazooie

Although I def wouldn't mind most of these either...

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
1. Geno
2. Isaac
3. Azura
4. Banjo-Kazooie
5. Skull Kid/Tingle
6. Nihilego/any Ultra Beast

and as far as Echoes go:

1. Ken (Ryu Echo)
2. Celica (Robin Echo)
3. Shadow (Sonic Echo)
4. Jeanne (Bayonetta Echo)
5. Medusa (Palutena Echo)
6. Octoling (Inkling Echo)

WorKSimi

Smash Rookie
1. Geno
2. Isaac
3. Kirby Rep (Bandanna Dee / Dark Matter is what I would choose)
4. Skull Kid
5. Banjo Kazooie / Rayman (3rd party rep)
6. Masked Man

ECHOS

1. Ken (Ryu Echo)
2. Shadow (Sonic Echo)
3. Octoling (Inkling Echo)
4. Medusa/Hades (Pautena Echo)
5, Isabelle (Villager Echo)
6. Ninten (Ness Echo)

DooplissWizard

Smash Rookie
Realistic list:
1. Paper Mario
2. Skull Kid
3. Geno
4. Bandanna Dee
5. Banjo and Kazooie
6. Isaac

Biased list:
1. Paper Mario
2. Skull Kid
3. Dimentio
4. Geno
5. Bandanna Dee
6. Sora

smash puffle

Smash Ace
1. Geno
2. Skull Kid
3. Shantae
4. Isaac
5. Rayman
6. Sandbag

Echos:
1. Boshi
2. Shadow
3. Ken
4. Isabelle
5. Dixie Kong
6. Ms. Pac-Man

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
1. Banjo & Kazooie
2. Geno
3. Skull Kid
4. Isaac
5. Bandana Dee
6. Paper Mario

Echoes

1. Hilda
2. Dixie Kong
3. Ken
4. Shadow
5. Funky Kong
6. Black Knight

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
If I had complete control:

Uniques:

-Wonder Red
-Geno
-Andy
-Lloyd Irving
-Rayman
-Miguel (Road to El Dorado, Screw the Rules!, If it has to be a video game character, add either Banjo or Ezio)

Echos:
-Medusa (Palutena)
-Dixie Kong (Chrom-esq Diddy/DK echo)
-Ken (Ryu)
-Isabelle (Villager)
-Alph (Make Louie an Olimar alt and Brittany/Charlie an Alph alt)
-Tulio (Miguel, Ala Simon/Ritcher)

Purely because I want said characters

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
I only really REALLY want one character; so the rest can be compromise choices xD

So then; I'd choose...

1.- Micaiah (My most wanted character ever!)

2.- Bandana Waddle Dee (My most wanted viable choice BTW)
3.- Isaac
4.- Decidueye
5.- Geno
6.- I guess it would be Skull Kid.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Based on personal preference, I'd be selfish and put these ones in:

Shantae
Ashley (I'd get rid of her assist trophy and make her playable instead)
Geno
Dixie Kong
Impa
Banjo-Kazooie

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
1. Kat & Ana
2. Isabelle
3. Klonoa
4. Amy Rose
5. Saki Amamiya
6. Lloyd Irving

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
1) Skull Kid
2) Isaac
3) Geno
4) Elma
5) Bandana Dee
6) Incineroar

That said, these echoes could out-prioritize some of the last 3 characters:
Isabelle, Dixie Kong, Impa

I wouldn't be opposed to any of the following echoes:
Black Knight, Medusa, Hades (Ganondorf), Black Shadow (C. Falcon), Masked Man (Lucas), Hilda, Shadow or Tails, Malos, Octolings, Funky Kong, Ninten (Ness), Jody Summer (ZSS), Panther (Wolf), Alph

slambros

Smash Ace
If I chose from personal preference:

1. Skull Kid
2. Geno
3. Elma
4. Chibi-Robo
5. Spring Man
6. Dillon

If I considered fan wishes overtime:

1. Skull Kid
2. Geno
3. Isaac
4. Lip
5. Lloyd Irving
6. Banjo & Kazooie

:131:

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Hmmm... let's see... with Bomberman and Krystal stuck as Assist Trophies in this installment, Ridley and K. Rool finally joining the roster, and Bowser Jr. being in since Smash 4 (I was awestruck when I heard that news), that leaves me with...

#1: Vaati: Vaati is my main wanted character because of his villain cred (he's the only recurring Zelda villain other than Ganon) and his sheer gameplay potential. Vaati is a wind mage, meaning that he'd be specialized in attacks that push his enemies around, even if they whiff, with the windboxes being easily capable of scoring KOs or edgeguarding opponents; furthermore, Vaati would be incredibly floaty, high-jumping, and all-around awesome at recovering. He'd be held back by his low weight and his terrible damage output (being reliant on his wind attacks to carry his enemies past the blast lines), but I think Vaati would be an excellent addition to the roster and a likely top-tier character just for how easily he can throw his enemies offstage and keep them off.
#2: Captain Toad: I think this video says everything that needs to be said.
#3: Pokémon representative: I'm not sure which I want most: Dragonite, Corsola, Blaziken, or Decidueye. Obviously, they can't all be in, and all have good moveset potential (Dragonite would basically be a big bulky winged dragon throwing vicious haymakers; Corsola can be summed up with the phrase "Why can't I knock this ****ing thing off the stage?!?"; Blaziken would use a mix of fiery martial arts, including Falcon Blaze Kick and Shoryuken Sky Uppercut, along with jumps rivaling Falco's; and as for Decidueye... more projectiles than Mega Man? Yes please!).
#4: Mii Wizard: Yes, a new class of Mii Fighter, because using Mii Gunners to try to emulate a magic-using character (like, say, Cackletta, Grodus, Harry Potter, Sypha Belnades, Gandalf, etc.) is just silly and an exercise in losing suspension of disbelief.
#5: Bandanna Dee: Small size + high range = quality entertainment. Plus, there aren't a lot of spears in Smash.
#6: Banjo & Kazooie: This was a toss-up between Banjo & Kazooie, Dixie Kong, Geno, and Monokuma, but I ultimately think Banjo & Kazooie have the best case for inclusion in Smash, with their history with Nintendo and teamwork-based moves.

Echo Mentions: Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic), Dixie Kong (Donkey+Diddy?), Blaziken (Captain Falcon+Mario)

Yarael-BJ-Poof

Smash Cadet
A bit late I suppose, but:

1. Waluigi (Yes I unironically want Waluigi. Go ahead and crucify me.)
2. Geno
3. Elma
4. Bandana Dee
5. Travis Touchdown
6. The guy from Daemon X Machina or a character from Astral Chain (for new series reps)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

>Crash Bandicoot
>Eight from DQ8
>Spyro
>Adeleine
>Baby Metroid
>Mach Rider

Possible Echo Fighters: Coco Bandicoot, Erdrick, Cynder, Black Shadow and Ninten.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
1) Geno
2) The Knight from Hollow Knight
3) Porky
4) Mona
5) Steve or Banjo
6) Bandana Dee

Impa is an honorable mention here.

Geno is my all time most wanted character and I don't think anyone comes close save for maybe The Knight. He's just so full of moveset potential and he's garnered an unquestionably commendable fanbase considering he's very much a Nintendo antiquity (though not in their hands).

The Knight from Hollow Knight just seems like it'd fit in perfectly. His in game arsenal feels tailored specifically for Smash, and according to the developers of the game (Team Cherry), themselves and Nintendo have an excellent relationship. On top of Silksong being released on Switch only (console wise), I think he'd be a fine addition.

The rest of the characters I think deserve a spot in their own right. I didn't want to include assist trophies, though if I had, I probably would've shoehorned Skull Kid and Isaac in somewhere.

HYRULESHERO42

Smash Journeyman
1. Wonder Red - Wonderful 101
2. Min Min -Arms
3. Ray01 - Custom Robo
4. Mach Rider - Mach Rider
5. Captain Syrup - Wario Land
6. Tin Star - Tin Star

Yeah, I’m a 1st party snob when it comes the Smash Bros. I regret nothing.

Gazorpazorpfield

Smash Journeyman
I like this question, glad this thread came back. I guess I can cook up a few different lists, based on who I'm doing it for.

The first one - actual reasonable picks for the Smash audience:

1. Bandanna Waddle Dee. Combo fan support, general popularity (especially in Japan) and Nintendo big boi status.
2. Erdrick. I know this seems like a cop-out given what we know, but due to his colossal popularity in the east, I think it would be a neat bone to throw for a lot of people.
3. Doomguy. In contrast to Erdrick, this is a character I think westerners would really respond to. One can argue for Master Chief, but I get the sense that he's a bit more "taboo", for lack of a better word, in the Smash and gaming community. Doom Guy is similar, and would be less likely to be frowned upon.
4. Isaac. He's a big fan request who's a lot more feasible than the likes of Geno. Not to shade Geno--I just think Square would be difficult about it.
5. Banjo and Kazooie. See above.
6. Ryu Hayabusa. A classic NES icon renowned the world over. An easy pick, really. Smash could finally have a real Ninja character!

The second one - me picking characters for myself like a tool:

1. Master Chief. I know what I said about Doomguy, but I grew up with the old Halo games and just kinda like Chief more. To be honest, he might be the most iconic Western gaming character, contested only by Doomguy and Scorpion, but I shouldn't split hairs about that. I'd main the man in a heartbeat as long as he's not a zoner.
2. Solaire of Astora. I just really like Dark Souls, and Solaire is a lovable and famous character from it. He'd probably have a fun playstyle, too, with deliberate sword strikes and parry shenanigans. And roll-spam. Beautiful.
3. Shovel Knight. If any Indie character were to make it in, it should probably be him. Unless it's like, Quote or Gunvolt or something OG, if you prefer. Either way, I find him to be unusually endearing for such a simple character, and great fun to control. I'd love to see him, but I'm more than happy with his assist trophy.
4. Banjo and Kazooie. Grew up with the games, tons of people like them, easy to transition into Smash. All about it.
5. Ryu Hayabusa. I've never even played Ninja Gaiden; I just think he looks cool and would be fun to play.
6. Leon Kennedy. I've also never played RE4, but a slow-moving guy who shoots and uses martial arts would be a fascinating choice, so I'll go with it.

CureParfait

Smash Ace
1. Darkrai
2. MapleStory Adventurer Thief
3. Angelic Buster
4. Izanami
5. Carmine
6. Tanaka Gundham

Last edited:
Top Bottom