• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You can bring back one of either Subspace Emissary or Smash Run

Would Smash Run having online influence your pick?

• Smash Run if it has online, Subspace Emissary otherwise

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Subspace Emissary whenever or not Smash Run has online

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Smash Run whenever or not it has online

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

Smash Run. loved the thing to death despite how people talked about it.

Subspace Emissary on the other hand... a bit of a hot take but it felt all fanservice and no substance. Sure it's cool to see your favorite characters interacting but until 2/3rds of the way through there's essentially nothing story-wise and even then you only truly know what the hell is going on once you get to the bomb factory which is one of the last few stages. For a so-called "Story" mode it was severely lacking in that department. The use of random unexplained generic enemies rather than say corrupted versions of enemies from other games only further damped my thoughts on it.

It was a neat idea(and I do believe it can be done better) but World of Light already kinda takes that slot anyway, and I feel the story is much more apparent there were the main villain is established from the get go and you get introduced to the Super Smash Bros Super Lore at a pace that is much more manageable where the entire story isn't shoved into your face at the literal last minute. (granted it's not a good story but neither is Subspace)

Last edited by a moderator:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’d pick Smash Run because it requires less time and resources, and I feel like it has more replay value than SSE. I liked SSE in brawl, but it would be a nightmare to manage 71 fighters (counting :ultpokemontrainer: as 1 and excluding Miis/DLC) into a cohesive story if it was in Ultimate, and I liked WoL well enough even if there weren’t any real platforming levels.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I miss Smash Run. It was strongly influenced from Kirby Air Ride's City Trial with gathering power ups for your stats in a different area before being teleported to the matches or races.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Smash Run was huge fun on the 3DS so bringing it back would be amazing, through personally I'd rather cut all the single player modes and focus on making the best possible multiplayer.

Top Bottom