• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You’re going on an RPG Adventure! Who’s in your party?

Misty Venn

Smash Cadet
I’ve been playing Dragon Quest 11 in honor of the controversial Hero’s release. In re-living a classic RPG style of gameplay, and in consideration of the incredibly diverse smash roster, I have a fun hypothetical I’d like to ask the community:

If you could pick a party of 4 to go on an adventure with from the smash roster, who would you pick and why?!

Keeping in mind some classic archetypes from RPG gaming such as healers, tanks, assassins, mages, etc., who would you save the world with?

Sebas22

Smash Journeyman
:ultkrool: as the Tank. (I think he's cool!)
:ultinkling: as the Ranger. (Ink may not be as effective as bullets or arrows, but a good shot in the eyes is enough to mess up any enemy!)
:ultlucas: as the Mage. (PK/PSI abilities!)
:ultrosalina: as the Healer. (She can resurrect the whole universe apparently, but mainly I think Star Bits are tasty and healthy. Probably.)

Me as the useless character that you can't get rid of, since he's tied to the main plot :laugh:

Misty Venn

Smash Cadet
:ultkrool: as the Tank. (I think he's cool!)
:ultinkling: as the Ranger. (Ink may not be as effective as bullets or arrows, but a good shot in the eyes is enough to mess up any enemy!)
:ultlucas: as the Mage. (PK/PSI abilities!)
:ultrosalina: as the Healer. (She can resurrect the whole universe apparently, but mainly I think Star Bits are tasty and healthy. Probably.)

Me as the useless character that you can't get rid of, since he's tied to the main plot :laugh:
Honestly, aren't we all the useless character that you can't get rid of? Hahahaha.

I love the choices! Any reason you went with Lucas over Ness? just curious.

Sebas22

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, aren't we all the useless character that you can't get rid of? Hahahaha.

I love the choices! Any reason you went with Lucas over Ness? just curious.
Well, both of them have many similar traits, but I like how Lucas plays in Smash better than Ness.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I’ve been playing Dragon Quest 11 in honor of the controversial Hero’s release. In re-living a classic RPG style of gameplay, and in consideration of the incredibly diverse smash roster, I have a fun hypothetical I’d like to ask the community:

If you could pick a party of 4 to go on an adventure with from the smash roster, who would you pick and why?!

Keeping in mind some classic archetypes from RPG gaming such as healers, tanks, assassins, mages, etc., who would you save the world with?
I guess I’m my mii swordfighter, so I’m already covering sword and basic projectiles.

Donkey Kong is my tank. Because he might keep some Konga like rhtyhm mechanic for max damage and that is probably broken if perfected. Plus he’s a tank that you know gives as good as he gets (though Bowser is clearly the thorns/spikes tank).

Palutena as the Healer. Her status buff abilities can give my units flight and all the stuff from Uprising. Great bonus. And certainly has basic heal and life spells.

Sonic for Close range DPS - He probably gets like six attacks a turn and massive evasion stat for an emergency dodge tank that I bet Palutena can buff.

Samus for long range nuke - also has all sorts of good get around moves for world map recon and a great airship

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
:ultchrom: Warrior. Effective against any inevitable dragon enemies we face.
:ultyoshi: Ranger. Good for long range sniping. Doubles up as a cute monster teammate and weirdly tanky.
:ultpeach: Healer.
:ultzelda: Mage.

Misty Venn

Smash Cadet
I guess I’m my mii swordfighter, so I’m already covering sword and basic projectiles.

Donkey Kong is my tank. Because he might keep some Konga like rhtyhm mechanic for max damage and that is probably broken if perfected. Plus he’s a tank that you know gives as good as he gets (though Bowser is clearly the thorns/spikes tank).

Palutena as the Healer. Her status buff abilities can give my units flight and all the stuff from Uprising. Great bonus. And certainly has basic heal and life spells.

Sonic for Close range DPS - He probably gets like six attacks a turn and massive evasion stat for an emergency dodge tank that I bet Palutena can buff.

Samus for long range nuke - also has all sorts of good get around moves for world map recon and a great airship
I would LOVE to see this game hahaha

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Sounds fun. Lemme try this...
  • Obviously, I gotta include :ultmewtwo: since he's my main in every Smash game he's in. He makes sense as an offensive mage much like he is in Pokemon, with maybe a few support moves (Dual Screens, Calm Mind, Recover, etc.) for variety's sake.
  • Speaking of OP RPG characters, I'll go with :ultshulk: as the typical Warrior-type hero who's good at everything.
  • :ultkingdedede: fits as a tank since he's a glutton for punishment and wields a giant mallet. Besides, if I could hang out with any character out of the entire Smash roster, it would probably be Dedede.
  • I'll round the group off with :ultrob: as the ranger, because the group doesn't have a robot and robots are cool. PEW PEW.
  • And I guess I'll be the Riki of the group. A little bit of everything, but mostly there for comic relief.

Last edited:

Fenrir-Bolt

Banned via Warnings
Bowser, Cloud, Zelda (to keep it for, being a sausage feast) and I guess Megaman.

I don’t think Dragon Quest is that much an older style of game necessarily. It’s fantasy so of course it’s somewhat medieval. I wonder if they could ever distract the fantasy influence from RPGs. Zelda is still fantasy and quite popular.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Oooohhhhhh I love this one!

Me being a ranged fighter and cannot get rid of easily due to plot

:ultpeach: - as my primary healer. Picked her for bias reasons and a spoiler below.

:ultmewtwo: - I really like the idea of Mewtwo being a mage here. Powerful moves at his disposal and he can create support moves as well

:ultkingdedede: - my tank and major powerhouse here. Also provides comedy/humor in the plots

:ultcorrinf:- Swordsman plus can provide some fire and water elemental attacks.

Peach gets captured for the rest of the game halfway through, so :ultpalutena: takes Peach's place until the end of the game as a healer of the group

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
:ultmario: as team leader + tank
:ultdaisy: close range combatant
:ultinklingboy: for targeting enemies from a distance (the ink will also soften them up for other attacks)
:ultpalutena: as a mage

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I would LOVE to see this game hahaha
It’s a bit disjointed, but I’m sure I can scrape together a plot.

First character is avatar mii Swordfighter. Let them pick another Mii from their system to be their “rival”. Opening tutorial of battle system as mii vs. mii combat. Make this combat cause something nonsensical to occur that causes Tabuu to become unsealed and break some smash brothers dimensional boundaries. Creating havoc and unpredictable Smashed Dimensional Shards across the multiverse. One of these teleports player character to Donkey Kong Country where he meets Donkey Kong who is beating kremlings for kidnapping his family, they tackle some Kremlings and a Kremling mid boss (one of the named ones from Barrel Blast. Make them do flying attacks from that game). After defeating him they burst into what they expect to be K. Rool’s throne room.

Where they see a Roboticized Metal K. Rool being backed up by metal diddy, dixie, kiddy, chunky, tiny, lanky, cranky, and funky (eight worlds after the prologue. Perfect)

Player and DK fight K Rool, beat him, Metal Kongs join in, forced loss.

Smashed Dimensional shard appears and looks like it’s about to white out over every character it seems to stabalize as Palutena appears. She joins the party, causing the metal kongs to use a different shard to escape.

Palutena gives the party a couple of game breaking mechanics. Limit break type stuff. Combo attacks in xenoblade, whatever mechanic is appropriate to introduce here.

World 1: Metal Lanky and Lemmy Koopa’s circus of doom (after defeating becomes Lanky and Lemmy’s circus of fun and houses minigames that unlock game breaking equipment and summons).

World 2: Skyworld. To help her find Pit, Palutena hires Samus (and proceeds to argue about the whether Komaytos are Metroids). Metal Dixie has stolen the powers of Ares to become the knew Goddess of War (pause for laughter just like you would in Kid Icarus Uprising). Defeat this flying terror after Palutena gives you the power of flight to save Pit. Only to find out you’ve saved Dark Pit (Viridi says thanks). Palutena reminds Samus she’s still under contract until they find Pit, gives Dixie Kong the power of flight to act as Pit until they can find him (Ares is not happy, but also unwilling to challenge Dixie Kong again). Heroes move onward. Samus’ airship lets you dimensionally backtrack to Lemmy and Lanky’s circus of fun.

World 3: Metal Cranky’s retro terror. Chase Metal Kiddy through enemies of Donkey Kong’s arcade history including, Donkey Kong Jr. (who will be able to attack with math), Stanley the Bug Man, Jump-Man, Pauline, crocodiles, and so many barrels to have to out platform the scrooge like pogo-ing metal cranky himself.

World 4: Metal Funky’s Sports festival. Chase down Metal Funky through this next world themed around Pilotwings, Steel Diver, and Waverace. Rival shows up again. Dang rival.

World 5: Metal Diddy has apparently completely taken over Mobius (or whatever we want to call sonic world) and Sonic has been nigh bled dry by a Robotocized Metroid. Heroes save Sonic. Sonic joins the team. Now we have a full party. Samus says what a dangerous threats robotocized metroids are. Eggman finally reveals himself as seeming big bad of the game. Samus says Eggman’s technology combined with other life forms from Zebes or Skyworld is incredibly dangerous and must be stopped. Outrace Jetpacking Metal Diddy to at least stop Eggman’s home operations from supporting what he’s doing across the dimensions. Heroes press onward, sonic decides to remain with the party

World Six: Metal Tiny’s Pikmin Dungeon. Shrink down to stop Metal Tiny from giving Eggman an endless robotocized Pikmin army (Secret DLC character: Olimar).

World Seven: Zebes Boss rush.

Metal Chunky brought much of Eggman’s plans to light. Heroes have to get past metal kraid, metal phantoon, metal mecha ridley, metal mother brain and metal Chunky Kong to be able to finally get to their showdown with Eggman.

World Eight: Rival Party: Eggman’s made a rival version of your party. metal (your chosen rival mii), metal kiddy kong, metal dark samus, metal pit (not really what he wanted for palutena, but it’s where he’s been this whole time) and Eggman himself!

Defeat them for Eggman Form 2.

Eggman’s head springs off Dr. Wily style.

Reveal the real bad guys of the game are Metal Sonic working with Dr Wily. And they are trying to robotocize Tabuu. This spectacularly backfires, players defeat Metal Tabuu.

Ba dadada, A winner is you.

Last edited:

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
:ultsimon: will be our Warrior, :ultdoc: will be our Medic, :ultsnake: will be our Assassin, and:ultduckhunt: will just be hanging around for moral support.

Misty Venn

Smash Cadet
Oooohhhhhh I love this one!

Me being a ranged fighter and cannot get rid of easily due to plot

:ultpeach: - as my primary healer. Picked her for bias reasons and a spoiler below.

:ultmewtwo: - I really like the idea of Mewtwo being a mage here. Powerful moves at his disposal and he can create support moves as well

:ultkingdedede: - my tank and major powerhouse here. Also provides comedy/humor in the plots

:ultcorrinf:- Swordsman plus can provide some fire and water elemental attacks.

Peach gets captured for the rest of the game halfway through, so :ultpalutena: takes Peach's place until the end of the game as a healer of the group
Clever to have a swordswoman with elemental perks!

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
DND basic classes:
Fighter: :ultlittlemac:
Rogue: :ultzss:
Cleric: :ultdoc:
Wizard: :ultzelda:

More advanced classes:
Sorcerer: :ultganondorf: (wait, Ganon might have a low charisma stat if we're being realistic, so maybe :ultrobin:)
Inquisitor: :ultkingdedede:
Brawler: :ultken:
Hunter: :ultwolf:

I love being a nerd

Last edited:

Misty Venn

Smash Cadet
I just realized I posed the question but didn't answer it myself! Here's who I would go on an adventure with:

Fighter/Close Range: :ultike: (He's got the weight to carry an otherwise floaty team. A good foil to Pit's glee. I also ship Pit and Ike hard.)
Ranger: :ultpit: (Huge arsenal of weaponry for all proximities. Some slight flight characteristics. Great character for story plots)
Mage: :ulthero: (He's got a solid spell book, if you will. Versatile magic and powerful spells too)
Healer/Cleric: :ultzelda: (Defensive spells and I imagine some player buffs too. The ability to teleport the party could also be useful)
Tank: :ultcharizard: (He could also offer some flight capabilities for the team)

RoccoSN1PER

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-1556-6446-0700
:ultsonic:As my tank, Super Sonic is Millions of times FTL which gives him more force to hit harder and is also known for destroying robots and being strong enough to carry large amount of rings
:ultsnake:As my ranger, he has everything from Grenades, to C4s, to Rocket Launchers and just has A huge amount of long ranged weapons at his disposal
:ulthero:As my mage, he has A ginormous variety of spells while even without it he can still hit hard by using his sword
:ultisabelle:As my healer, Isabelle probably has many items that could help us restore health

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'll obviously go with :ultjoker: as the party leader. He's fast, he's strong, he has multiple means of attack. Jack-of-all-trades. You can have some puzzle solving with his grappling hook and Persona.

:ultrob: is the Tank. Damage sponge and hits like a truck but poor agility and luck.
:ultpichu: as the Red Mage. Its electric magic outdamages everyone but she has the lowest health.
:ultwiifittrainer: takes the Healer role. She'd also have pretty good strength for one, but no offense magic at all.

And I'm the fourth-wall breaking, exposition fairy mascot.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The DQ8 Hero as a healer, Samus as a tank and Robin as a Black Mage.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Okay, we're weird.

:ultrichter: As a ranger. Look, we almost went :ultyounglink: but frankly, we just prefer Richter :)
:ultpalutena: As a healer/mage. Surely she'd be an effective healer. After all, she purifies stuff.
:ultroy: As a warrior. I mean, fire attacks are cool, and having a sword and a multi-hit attack in Double-Edge Dance might be useful.
:ultcorrinf: Another warrior, but there to perfectly counteract the fire elements of Roy, being that she controls water.
Other honorable mentions are :ultrobinf::ultcloud::ulthero::ultsheik::ultshulk::ultyounglink:but each seem to have drawbacks, i.e. Hero and Robin having only so much magical power, Sheik being really light, and the team not really needing a stealth operative, Shulk nearly made it in but we liked the idea of Roy and Corrin working as two sides of the same coin (being fire and water) and Cloud just not really contributing anything ability-wise that our Warriors didn't have already, and also Young Link not really having massively powerful projectiles for a ranger, compared to Richter's Axe, Cross and multi-hit Holy Water.

Just our ideas though.
Also, we'd probably be that random who joins halfway along the quest and fires merch out of a cannon or something. Dunno.

Coolboy

Smash Journeyman
i might use FE terms..but that's cause i am more familiar with these games! ^^''

my list would be the following! i tried to make a neat list..
Character: :ultzelda:
Class: mage
HP: average
STR: Low
DEF: average
MAG: High
RES: High
SPD: Average
DEX: Average

Character: :ulttoonlink:
Class: Blade Paladin
HP: High
STR: High
DEF: Average
MAG: Low
RES: Low
DEX: High

Character: :ultinklingboy:
Class: Ranger/Sniper
HP: Average
DEF: low
MAG: low
SPD: High

Character: :ultisabelle:
Class: Healer/Priest
STR: Low
DEF: Low
MAG: Average
RES: High

Character: :ultjoker:
Class: Thief/assassin
HP: Average
STR: Average
DEF: Low
RES: Average

Character: :ultfox:
Class: Brawler
DEF: Average

Character: :ultdarkpit:
Class: Warrior
HP: Low
DEF: High

Buuhan

Is mayonnaise an instrument?

:ultshulk:: Great fighter, good at everything basically.

:ultsnake:: Great projectiles and can set up traps to kill enemy’s.

:ulthero:: He’s a mage.

:ultpalutena:: Seems like a good healer I guess.

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
:ultrobin: - Robin is a master tactician, plus an adept swordsman AND sorcerer, I would be remiss to not included him/her somewhere here
:ultincineroar: - Incineroar is a well established tank with answers to a lot of threats and is frankly just too good of a character to pass up
:ultjoker: - Joker is incredibly versatile and can tackle basically any role he's given with ease given that he's the Wild Card
:ultshulk: - Shulk can see the literal future and has a variety of team wide buffs to supply his party

and they've all basically contended with gods or god-level entities so I'll take what i can get there

Oddball

Smash Lord
Going with the tradtional... Fighter, Thief, Magic user, healer combo ...

Fighter: :ultsimon: Not only is he a good fighter, he has weapons specifically designed to damage the supernatural, which are alwways a pain in roleplaying set-ups
Thief: :ultlink: While not a tradtional theif in the pickpocket kinda sense, he does have plenty of tools that can get him into any place (and he also fills the "elf" role)

Magic User: :ulthero: toss up between him and :ultrobinf:

Healer: Smash isn't big on healers, so :ultdoc:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
My choices

Tank: :ultbowser:(his shell can tank stuff and his attacks are very powerful)
Warrior: :ultlucario: (the more damage he takes, the stronger he becomes)
Healer: :ultisabelle: (she doubles as thief due to her fishing rod and pocketing, and her moves can be very powerful, but she also helps the fighters heal as well)
Ranger: :ultfox: (his attacks can reach far, and he also doubles as the speed fighter)

Top Bottom