• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi's Island reflected on Metal Mario

Espyo

Smash Apprentice
Pardon me if I read wrong or something, but I'm really sure that some time ago, SSBM gamers divided in two sides: the ones that said that Metal Mario reflected Yoshi's Island, and other that said it wasn't. To resolve the question, I loaded SSBM on the Dolphin emulator. After getting the Metal Mario trophy there, I used Dolphin's texture dump feature. The result was that the following texture is the one being reflected of of Mario:

So yeah, that pretty much looks like Yoshi's Island to me. Discuss.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Now the two sides can act as one, the smash community is finally unified. Hail Espyo

But seriously that's pretty neat :p

Corigames

Smash Hero
This is probably just one of the greatest threads made because of it's randomness, straight forwardness, and lack of stupid all at the same time.

Astonished.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Now I'm just curious as to why they chose to reflect that stage instead of.. well.. anything else?

DRD

Smash Lord
I didn't know this

Very cool

I don't see what the point is of reflecting anything off Metal Mario though. Maybe someone did it as a joke.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I didn't know this

Very cool

I don't see what the point is of reflecting anything off Metal Mario though. Maybe someone did it as a joke.
I'm guessing that when they took the snapshot for Metal Mario's image, they put him on Yoshi's Island, for whatever reason.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Well at least it was on Yoshi's Island and not some non-related place like... Poke Floats (although that would be hilarious).

Nice find, man.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Now I'm just curious as to why they chose to reflect that stage instead of.. well.. anything else?
Well, by using a reflected image they get a more realistic and amazing texture then using a plain silver. So by using Yoshi's Island, it looks neater AND you get an easter egg. Double the awesomeness! :D

@Zijin: I'm so glad. I've been trapped for years!

Espyo

Smash Apprentice
Most of you say that you're jawdropped. I'M jawdropped!
But seriously, the first post (excepting the one on the introductions) I make in an year or so, about something I REALLY thought it would be locked on sight for being incredibly old, and now it's near being stickied. (Personally, I don't think this deserves a sticky, but thanks :p)

In SSBM, there's also another Easter Egg on a trophy, and I'm thinking Samus'. Once I find it, I'll post it here.

Binx

Smash Master
no, we don't need stupid stickies. This is useless information. Interesting, but useless.

as awesome as KK's thread was, it doesn't really need a stick either, the character threads should just go ahead and sticky those ^_^ especially the Kirby boards.

Espyo

Smash Apprentice
After snooping around, I found that the Metroid trophy had another reflected texture (I knew it was a trophy about Samus!)
Alas, it's not what I expected: the first part of Brinstar, where you "land" from the elevator. (Left: Morph Ball, right: KTXHBAI)

I played Zero Mission, not the original, and honestly, I didn't play it to see the surroundings one by one. Can anyone tell me what is it?

Grunt

Smash Master
After snooping around, I found that the Metroid trophy had another reflected texture (I knew it was a trophy about Samus!)
Alas, it's not what I expected: the first part of Brinstar, where you "land" from the elevator. (Left: Morph Ball, right: KTXHBAI)

I played Zero Mission, not the original, and honestly, I didn't play it to see the surroundings one by one. Can anyone tell me what is it?
Look @ the top of the tank.

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace

what trophy is that one from?

Grunt

Smash Master
After snooping around, I found that
the Metroid trophy had another reflected texture (I knew it was a trophy about Samus!)

what trophy is that one from?
Ah...It's on the tip of my tongue.

Top Bottom