• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi's Dash Attack

Crosstails20

Smash Journeyman
Hello, people of the Yoshi community, I have recently decided to pick up Yoshi and I need some help with one move, Dash Attack. I have looked at all the in-depth guides for Yoshi, mainly Yoshi's Island and haven't found anything on how to use it in Smash. So I was wondering if you people can tell me all about Yoshi's Dash Attack, like how it should be used, what it combos into, what it combos from, certain hitboxes I should be aware of, and maybe some more.

DJBor

Smash Journeyman
Dash Attack is not a true combo starter, but is an excellent burst option with a long active hitbox that puts the opponent directly above you. It can be used to start juggles, as a followup out of double jab or forward throw, and to catch the opponent's landings. In neutral, use it up close to your opponent as a cross-up option, to put yourself out of range for most out of shield options, and maneuver behind the opponent.

After a close dash attack successfully lands, the opponent will usually either airdodge, jump, or attack, since they have a few frames to do any of these. Usually, buffering shield or up tilt (character dependent) out of shield covers these options to start juggling the opponent with up airs and eggs.

Pixel_

Smash Ace
Since it's generally unsafe (especially when not crossed up), you usually use it to punish things from a distance when there's no other options.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Yoshi's Dash Attack biggest use is to punish landings from a distance you can't catch your opponent otherwise. Other than that it's not very safe to use since it has a decent amount of end lag.
Maybe as a occasional mix up for situations such as if you believe your opponent will Spotdodge or roll (if it's not a character with a Pit like roll) but you can't afford to rely on it at all times.

Top Bottom