• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi/Wario match up

USAnyan

Smash Cadet
Your tail attacks(or I guess attacks in general, but tail attacks are apparently disjoints which he lacks)completely out range him, offstage he really can’t do much too much but smash thrown bike or bair with rage.

However it’s not like it’s completely uneven or anything, if he plays bait and punish(like a decent amount of his MUs). He can REALLY get in there, also he’s one of the few characters who can catch up to us in the air. I guess the biggest tip would be don’t be over predictable because he can really capitalize off that.

I’d say it’s like 55-45. A bit of an advantage but he can really wreck when one lets him

chipndip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chiptendo
3DS FC
4098-3083-1621
Yoshi's the only character with a defense against getting farted into the stratosphere, so that's one good point in Yoshi's favor.

Jaro235

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-3773-6120-6819
Yoshi's the only character with a defense against getting farted into the stratosphere, so that's one good point in Yoshi's favor.
What is the defense? Also, I only fought Wario a couple times, but I think Yoshi struggles killing Wario while Wario struggles getting combos on Yoshi. I feel that Wario has an advantage because he can defeat Yoshi quickly, more so than other top tiers.

Last edited:

chipndip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chiptendo
3DS FC
4098-3083-1621
What is the defense? Also, I only fought Wario a couple times, but I think Yoshi struggles killing Wario while Wario struggles getting combos on Yoshi. I feel that Wario has an advantage because he can defeat Yoshi quickly, more so than other top tiers.
The jump armor.

Also, Yoshi's kind of heavy and kind of quick. There's no reason he has an "easy" time getting rid of Yoshi in comparison to most others.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
imo Yoshi has a small edge against Wario simply because Wario has a hard time in neutral due do Yoshi's speed, eggs and great aerial coverage.

Every other area in this MU looks pretty even: both characters are scary while trying to land, both characters are able to evade getting edgeguarded very well, both characters have strong kill setups and both characters have great damage potential on each other.

Top Bottom