• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Uair ledge spike

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I679g8a-VzE&feature=youtu.be

Sorry if this doesn't deserve it's own thread, just figured this could be amazing and deserved it :p
(and sorry if this has already been discovered)

The cpu wasn't doing anything when the Uair hit, meaning this spike might not be random luck.:bee: (But it might be :( ) That's why this thread exists, 1. to verify if this would ever work in matches (and not just on the off chance), and 2. because new discoveries should always be shared to move our characters forward.:)
I'm yet to test this on other characters yet.
So if others could help me figure out more about this that'd be great.

(My apologies to the poor Red Yoshi here :( and my poor forum posting skills)

So guys, discuss?:bee:

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
They would have to drop below the ledge first like the red Yoshi seems to start doing before your Uair. Not a lot of characters/players would do that with someone approaching.

Also, any move (not just Uair) that hits them into the bottom of the ledge would have a similar effect, and the opponent would still have a chance to tech.

D

Deleted member

Just a normal stage spike that looked kinda weird.

:phone:

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Huh, well that's disappointing...I was certain this was something new. I'm certain the cpu didn't jump, that's why I thought this wasn't an ordinary spike. :( (I was aware of any move stage spiking if they were jumping, just thought since the cpu didn't appear to jump that this was different)
Oh well, this thread can be locked then if that's the case.

Airslash

Smash Journeyman
I got a stage spike with bair at the last viable second for it to happen, like... It was literally against the odds. I was proud.

I think it was against Raptor, but it may have been someone else. I think he was the only person I wifi'd yesterday.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Well yeah everyone knows about that, but its not a stage spike now is it?

Scatz

Smash Champion
LOL! You would post that Delta.

@Yoshi888: no possible way to make it repeatable. It's all through luck. I've only gotten one every three years.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Ugh, I feel like I've only made a fool out of myself with this board.>_>

@Scatz: Yeah I know, was only saying IF it were only possible. Wow really? I've had it happen more like once a month or something, sheer luck lol

Off topic, but has anyone recently discovered any new Yoshi AT's that aren't listed in our 'hatch a healthy Yoshi' thread?

Luigisama

Smash Champion

@Scatz: Yeah I know, was only saying IF it were only possible. Wow really? I've had it happen more like once a month or something, sheer luck lol

Off topic, but has anyone recently discovered any new Yoshi AT's that aren't listed in our 'hatch a healthy Yoshi' thread?
make a video on reverse fair. Another way to get stage spikes.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero

He's exaggerating a bit. I've gotten it to happen multiple times within a single match before.

:005:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
The worst is when you get it and dont realize you got it so miss a free follow up. :<

But its really not too hard to do, its just youll never get it when you actually want it, and youll get it when you least expect it.

Top Bottom