• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Tournament Results: End of an Era, A New Beginning? *updated August 19th

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Dtilt isn't a move to use at neutral, but rather to catch him with once you get in. Say we manage to get in with a grab and release him offstage. 90% of the time, Snake will just recover high, so you follow his landing and catch it with dtilt, putting him in a terrible position offstage.

I dunno if this is just me, but I don't really have an issue with getting hit while dodging nades, unless I try to dodge aggressively and approach Snake while doing so.

I can understand what you're saying, since I've felt that this MU is booty too at times. But for every time I have a horrible time in the MU, I do things like go close with MVD/Ally and I wonder whether or not I was just playing wrong or if they're just not playing the MU optimally. I have too many widely different experiences with the MU to accurately say which is more valid, so I just go with what happens more often, which is me going close then not being able to kill.

I've always thought Marth was even, since I practice against Marth all the time. I can understand -1 though and I'm okay with it. I think the MU is hilarious in certain situations though, and my main practice partner cringes every time I tank an attack with DJ.

Dtilt when we get him? Frankly for every Yoshi main (something I started noticing I think at the start of this year) all of our basic combos seems to be approaching with Bair and if we land it we immediately hit with Utilt.
Anyways onto following his landing... he'll either B-reverse once or twice or just Bair us if we're waiting underneath him, which is why when they choose the Double B-reverse I just tend to throw eggs at him hoping to get more than 15+% off him instead of getting him with a Dtilt for 5-7% (maybe even less if we hit him with the very tip), hell I'd rather toss eggs at him even if he did none of those things instead of D-tilt. That and even if we hit him with D-tilt, you're thinking he'll be holding down and end up DI'ing underneath the stage, he'll just UpB again anyways and be safe depending what direction the snake was holding. It's very situational Delta.

And it's not just you, I'm not saying grenade tack damage isn't that crippling. It's just annoying and even if we only get hit from 1 out of 5, it's still extra unneeded damage since we can't blindly go in and possibly eat a U-tilt to the face, we still need to wait for an opening but until then it's gonna be us jumping for 10 or so seconds till snake approaches or we feel like risking it. (and depending where that detonator is, that time could possibly screw us up especially if it's BF YI:B or Smashville. I seriously hope people don't take Snake to YI:B anymore.)

Also, I'm sure it's just Ally/MVD sometimes forgetting how Yoshi works, then next game they have you downloaded and have the gist of how he works and plays a bit different while still occasionally getting caught in your tricks.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Bair > Utilt > catch landing with Dtilt?

Dtilt doesn't have a lot of ending lag. We get pretty significant positioning if we hit him with just on the angle it hits at, even assuming good DI, and then he's gonna have to deal with our massive vertical acceleration (we can follow his recovery well after a Dtilt, compared to fthrow/grab release). At low percents, I think dtilt is more dangerous than at high percents.

I can't comment on that. I did better against MVD the second game than I did the first game (you can argue it was my cp if you want, but it came down to last hit and he managed to avoid dying to an Usmash at like 170% with some godly DI), and Ally goes MK game 2 on me, so whatever. Against Mikeray at KTAR, I got three stocked (lul) game 1, then instead of getting further destroyed game 2, I almost won but choked cuz I'm bad (dropped massive lead).

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Dtilt and eggs both put Snake in a position where it's a free spike imo, even at low% we can Fair him again during his C4 recovery. Just have to react fast enough so he can't recover high. He can't fight back offstage so GG.
Dtilt so good.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Even though it's quite obvious I haven't been updating since last edit in August. Along with not having mod powers to lock this, I declare this topic CLOSED cause not only is brawl scene slowing down to a fast crawl for most people and not many Yoshi's even entering tournaments anymore cause they don't want too, but I feel like updating it is kinda pointless now.

Doubt there'll be a v4 for MU chart or v9 of Tierlist since there hasn't been BBR apps in a year I believe.
Melee is on MLG again and will prolly be more popular this year only making brawl fall off even harder.
P:M kinda taking us out too, but Nintendo will help out with taking down P:M.
Plus doubt our results will matter anymore since Yoshi isn't going anywhere and the current tierlist is prolly gonna stay stagnant for awhile.

If somebody wants to take this thread, don't try. Even if you wanted it we have no mod back here to edit stuff unless we get a Super Mod or Senator to help out with that, and good luck getting their attention. You can keep bringing up results in like the YGD (not link, but talking about it) or even our even more dead than brawl, skype group, sometimes we post in thar, and we can just casually talk about your wins/losses, but don't post in here trying to get me to update cause I won't record it.

Thread title was kinda me saying I was done with the thread anyways.
See everyone in Smash 4 maybe, and if not then good luck with life over vidya.
Everyone's most hated Yoshi
-Slush

Top Bottom