• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi survivability

Dreambeatz

Smash Rookie
Is it me or does Yoshi literally survive anything at 200%. I upsmashed a Yoshi at 140% and just doesn't die yet almost kills me at 60% like Sakurai explain?

~?~

The Strangest Link Main
Yoshi is decently heavy. You can't expect to kill him at 120-140 all the time like you can half the cast.
Also, @ me next time instead of putting my name in your title. I'm gonna start charging people for my name. 10 cents per use.

I would like to also note about Yoshi that in this game, the wider community considers him in the middle to lower end of the high tier section of the tier list. He's an annoying dinosaur and has some pretty nice hitboxes and if I'm not mistaken, some of the best air mobility in the game.

Last edited:

Dreambeatz

Smash Rookie
Yoshi is decently heavy. You can't expect to kill him at 120-140 all the time like you can half the cast.
Also, @ me next time instead of putting my name in your title. I'm gonna start charging people for my name. 10 cents per use.

I would like to also note about Yoshi that in this game, the wider community considers him in the middle to lower end of the high tier section of the tier list. He's an annoying dinosaur and has some pretty nice hitboxes and if I'm not mistaken, some of the best air mobility in the game.
I wasn't notifying you I just put that as my title. Sorry.

Haden

If life is so fair, why do roses have thorns?
Yoshi is a bit on the heavy side. Dont let his insane airial mobility confuse you into thinking he's a floaty.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I changed the post name as to not confused people. Do please be a bit more clearer about your thread title in the future.

chipndip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chiptendo
3DS FC
4098-3083-1621
Yoshi's heavier than most. Go for side KOs instead of upward KOs.

Yoshi *usually* KOs at about 120% or so. It can be less if he uses F-smash or D-smash and then edgeguards. If he KO'd at 60% then you DI'd an F-smash like a moron or got edge-guarded kinda hard. Maybe you got spiked.

Last edited:

Alg071t4m

Smash Rookie
Could be cause you hit yoshi when he does his 2nd Jump(has knock back armor unless he is it with a command grab)

Top Bottom